Lost Lore - Who Are You Sending?

Mercakete

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You can rewatch the ending by clearing the Strike stage again. Still worth doing Lost Lore given that it's low effort and you still get free goodies that are easily more useful than Arena medals.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. 20 hours is a long time to wait just to watch a short sequence though. I was going to keep doing the Strike stage anyways, so I suppose I'll get to see the ending a few more times. Would still be nice if they added these to the Event Recap once the event is over though.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/21/2019 at 12:46 PM, BoaFerox said:

Would still be nice if they added these to the Event Recap once the event is over though.

Agreed. That or have it be a viewable cutscene in the lore book itself, which makes more sense to me and what I thought they'd wind up doing. Like, you get to keep all the lore you gathered and can view it any time in the lorebook.

Edit: I gathered more lines 'cause prizes.

Merric and Linde - this time, they... "Discovered an abandoned weapon. Whose was it?" I can't remember the exact phrasing on this one, but it was something like that. Whosever it was, it found its way into Aurelis.

Michalis and Minerva - this time, they... "collected stories about respected individuals." I wonder who it was! Also, the discovered items were a bunch of colorless and blue gems and things. Is this a clue? It was in Chiasmir.

Groom Marth and Bride Caeda - this time they... "shared tales from home in the evenings." Well, they're in Talys, so... I guess her dad was telling stories about her when she was a little girl?

Well, that didn't get me any more lines, so I'm throwing people into the Frey (har har) again. This time, in order (left to right) I have Gharnef, Camus (defeat yourself!), Hardin, and Draug. ... Yeah, Draug was sort of throw in there.

Update: My Camus is apparently a little weaker than foe Camus. Gharnef doesn't like being hit by Lorenz (who is now in slot 1.) Draug is more or less invincible.

Update: All that's left is Camus. Time for these four to team up again!

Edit: Success! Camus really did land the last hit on his other self, too. Now sending Cain, Able, Gordin and Jorge!

Edit: So, Jorge was KO'd, and for whatever reason, Gordin didn't double. Well, sending them all in again. Let's keep at it!

Edited by Mercakete

• 4 weeks later...

A new Lost Lore has arrived! To my surprise, it's for FE6 and FE7 this time! Who are you sending?

Since the first mission is to Ostia, I was struggling with who to send. I wanted to send Matthew (since he's from there and gathering intel is his thing) but I would've wanted to send him with Leila, who isn't in the game yet. Almost sent him with Jaffar. Instead, I sent Original Hector and Original Lilina for some father-daughter bonding time.

I sent Serra and Matthew. I figure Serra might be able help give Matthew some comfort and better closure. Serra might be a tsundere, but she means well.

Lilina and Hector came back reminiscing or something (I don't recall the wording.)

Next places:

Area 2: Bartre and Fir (more father-daughter time!)

Area 3: Raven and Lucius (Bros!)

Round 1 was Louise and Pent; round two was Valentine Roy and Valentine Lilina; round three and four were Legendary Roy + Summer Wolt and Legendary Eliwood + Legendary Hector respectively!! 😄 

I thought my teams were very cute this go-round, compared to last time’s which were all over the place, save Katarina + Clarisse.

In Eidyna, Bartre and Fir. This time, they... "grew tense from being in an unfamiliar world." ... What?

In Juteaux, Raven and Lucius. This time, they... "got tired up in their excitement to investigate." Huh. They didn't seem like the sorts to get all that excited about it.

Okay, now in Juteaux, I'm sending Hawkeye and Fae. In Eidyna, sending Bartre and Fir again. And in Missur, sending Klein and Clarine. (I've never played FE6; why am I not sending more FE7 people)

Klein and Clarine. This time they... "argued fiercely over how to best investigate." That's siblings for you.

Bartre and Fir. This time, they... "gained a deeper understanding than expected."

Hawkeye and Fae. This time, they... "got lost - but were rescued by someone kind." XD

Now sending Lloyd and Linus to explore the Missur Peninsula!

Lloyd and Linus. This time, they... "overheard information about the local celebrity." Oh. ... Oh that poor celebrity.

Well, on that note, time to fight people!  =D Hmm... Well, I think I'll follow up on the last bit and send in the four fangs. Jaffar, Ursula, Lloyd, Linus, you're up!

So, I have a thought. Could Lost Lore be a predictive tool for what New Heroes banners we're likely to receive?

We had a Lost Lore from Archanea, with Sirius, followed later by an Archanea banner with Sirius. 

Obviously, this will have to happen a few more times before any kind of trend can be observed, but I think it's worth watching for now. And it makes sense. Building on the lore for a particular story/characters can help get the casual Heroes-only fans a bit more invested in the upcoming banner.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

And it makes sense. Building on the lore for a particular story/characters can help get the casual Heroes-only fans a bit more invested in the upcoming banner.

You know, you're right: it does make sense. Nice catch; we'll have to watch and see if this is their plan.

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

You know, you're right: it does make sense. Nice catch; we'll have to watch and see if this is their plan.

On that note, I don't know who any of the named enemy units are in the Strike yet, nor have I seen the final chapter.

However, Act 2 namedrops Elffin. Which would be extremely exciting for me. All other named characters in Prologue-Act 4 are in the game already.

Edited by Etheus

How does combat work anyway?

My Klein was completely destroyed by Narcian. Does it factor in the Delphi Shield that he has in Binding Blade (I see this Narcian is holding a sword) or do archers just don't have an advantage over fliers on this mode?