Are The Assets At The end of Lyn Mode on the Rank Screen Halved by the Sellback Equation?

LoganTheHollowKid

I just started playing FE7 and I'm nearing the end of Normal Lyn Mode. I'm wondering if the assets are determined by the items of full price, or if they are halved by this sale equation for shops? What about prices that have decimals in the calculations, are they rounded up or down?

(Worth / total durability x current remaining durability) / 2 = selling price.

I'm wondering because I'm trying to save up for Lyn's White/Blue/Red Gem that she gets when she's recruited in Chapter 15, and if I've already dropped below the wealth threshold, if I did, I might as well use the knight crest & energy ring to my liking. From what I've found what gem you get is determined this way:

Less than 19,999G: No gem 20,000 - 29,999G: Red Gem 30,000 - 32,999G: Blue Gem 33,000G or more: White Gem

For reference, I've used the glitch to take Wallace's Knight Crest, and I used the Angelic Robe on Florina since I intend on using her as much as possible. Would using the Knight Crest on my preferred unit (Kent) & using the Energy Ring on who ever needs it be more beneficial or would trying to save up for the gems be more beneficial?

To the best of my knowledge, no, the asset value of unsold items is not halved.

But if this is your first playthrough, I would advise against trying to do everything perfectly the first time. It doesn't really matter which gem Lyn gets in chapter 15 unless you're trying to get maximum Tactician score in every chapter, and that's not worth worrying about until you've beaten the game at least once.

Thanks Paper Jam! I'm not trying to do everything perfectly or even minmax my characters. No intention to get max tactician stars or S-Ranks, at all. I'm just asking because I couldn't find whether or not the assets were halved or not anywhere, and I want to be aware of my options. Not SF's FE7 page, nor the two FE wikis or FE7 guides were upfront about it. I'm not gonna horde items, I already know that's a bad habit. I'm gonna play with the characters I enjoy playing with for fun. I could always try to break even, maybe use both the Crest and Ring and still get a Red/Blue gem depending on my assets excluding them. I should look at the purchasable items following Chapter 15, see if any pique my interest.