What types of injuries do you believe the characters have faced at the end of their campaigns?

Fryer

The characters of every FE game remained unscathed (obviously due to censorship issues) within their character models, portraits, and cutscenes. When taking away this suspension of disbelief, what sorts of long-term injuries and scars do you think your units received by the end of the game? Healing magic and elixrs can only do so much to heal someone. I am downright surprised if not a single unit had lost at least a finger (given the amount of bladed weapons used).

A curious question.

If i remember RD dodging mechanics, where they would jump after the sharp end connects, I'd say a lot of amputations or massive scars at the very least.

In 3 houses though, there would definitely be some burn marks on many characters. Fliers I imagine have broken legs or limbs. Fist fighters probably have it the worst though.

Well we know Dimitri lost an eye and has a collection of scars on his back from his conversations with Dedue. He also has a major scar on his shoulder in his own route and numbness left in his hand from it though it's not clear if that ever goes away. I'm pretty sure they're all littered with scars, especially front liners like Byleth, because no matter how good you are you don't make it through Wars like that unscathed.

Had it not been for Lucina's interference, Chrom would've suffered several injuries that would've hindered his general ability to fight as normal due to the assassination attempts made on him. But that's future Chrom so he doesn't really count because he has to deal with being dead.

Since you never specifically specified that they had to be physical:

Awakening's kids have to deal with severe PTSD, easily. There's no way they could've gotten over that in the span of the time they had as part of the army. Wouldn't be too surprised if some (if not all) of them were also considered clinically depressed because of the shit they had to endure.

Fates' kids likely suffered feelings of abandonment. Shigure also had the whole survivor's guilt thing, though it's hardly elaborated on, much like Cordelia in Awakening.

I'll have to think more deeply on this later.  It's certainly thought provoking.

32 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Awakening's kids have to deal with severe PTSD, easily.

From what? Their dead parents? The same dead parents who are alive, since they travelled backwards through time?