Has anyone tried actually learning the Ancient Heron Language?

I'm genuinely curious about whether or not anybody's actually tried to master reading the language as opposed to just referring to the translations on the site here. Perhaps just for fun or whatever.

It'd be kinda fun to have it as a random font for use in the forums or something but I'm just throwing around random ideas at this point.

i learned it 2/3 years ago after finding the font, and also managed to write full sentences with it, but i stopped practicing and now i can't neither read or write it

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

i learned it 2/3 years ago after finding the font, and also managed to write full sentences with it, but i stopped practicing and now i can't neither read or write it

That's kinda sad. Although I admit that I didn't expect to find anyone that did so this is a pleasant surprise.

How did you go about starting to learn?

just like every foreign language with a different writing system should be learned

you start by reading and copying letters/ideograms/whatever until you can immediately remember all of them, and then you start writing sentences with them to practice even more and make them part of your daily activities

i usually did this during classes so no wonder i suck at maths and physics

Edited by Yexin

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

just like every foreign language with a different writing system should be learned

you start by reading and copying letters/ideograms/whatever until you can immediately remember all of them, and then you start writing sentences with them to practice even more and make them part of your daily activities

I'll have to try that.

Though I don't usually need to write things down so maybe I should start writing out tactics for various FE games in it...

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

i usually did this during classes so no wonder i suck at maths and physics

This caught me off guard and made me smile.