The 5 Remaining Crests

So we know most of the Crests from in game dialogue and who they're descended from:

Spoiler

The Goddess {Crest of Flames}

5 Saints {Crests of Seiros; Macuil; Indech; Cethleann and Cichol}

10(11) Elites {Crests of Blaidydd; Fraldarius; Gautier; Dominic; Lamine; Charon; Daphnel; Riegan; Goneril; Gloucester and *unofficially* the Beast}

But there are 5 more Crests that we have no clue where they came from; not tied to any sort of group or faction from the War of Heroes. These being the Crests of Noa; Chevalier; Aubin; Timotheos and Ernest. Does anyone have any sort of ideas where these crests come from or why they're absent in the game(at least so far; the Story DLC could shed some light on these crests and their bearers).

12 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

So we know most of the Crests from in game dialogue and who they're descended from:

Hide contents

The Goddess {Crest of Flames}

5 Saints {Crests of Seiros; Macuil; Indech; Cethleann and Cichol}

10(11) Elites {Crests of Blaidydd; Fraldarius; Gautier; Dominic; Lamine; Charon; Daphnel; Riegan; Goneril; Gloucester and *unofficially* the Beast}

But there are 5 more Crests that we have no clue where they came from; not tied to any sort of group or faction from the War of Heroes. These being the Crests of Noa; Chevalier; Aubin; Timotheos and Ernest. Does anyone have any sort of ideas where these crests come from or why they're absent in the game(at least so far; the Story DLC could shed some light on these crests and their bearers).

I like the idea that the DLC will have some kinda explanation for them. maybe they were like the crest of flames which were thought to be lost throughout history or something. But yeah i have not found any information regarding them. 

The missing crests probably belong to some minor noble families who weren't important enough to get any screen time in the story. They might be off doing their own thing in places we don't care about. Its also possible the family lines went extinct and the crests disappeared with it. 

All in all there might be a tad too few crests for the story's own good. The game is intend of portraying a world obsessed with crest and in some cases like Miklan getting kicked out or Hanneman's sister they succeed. On the other hand Caspar's family seems fine dominating the empire's military despite not having a family crest and most Alliance houses don't seem to have crests either. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I was wondering about it as well, since I got the respective items in NG+ and had no idea where they came from. They could be foreign crests, I'm saying this because there's the Noa Fruit which IIRC is described as an "exotic fruit" or something like that.

19 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

So in regard to this.

Spoiler

Weren't the 11 elites just bandits so the crests they bare are ones stolen from the children of the goddess? Maybe the lost ones are dead children that were used and discarded.

Edited by Kliss88
Misspelled word

Last BE (Edel) Chapter :

Spoiler

On the map the Dolls have names, one of them is called Chevalier, those Dolls are probably named after deceased of Zanado. The other names don't match with the other crests though. But all those crests are probably from dead people of Zanado.

1 hour ago, Kliss88 said:

So in regard to this.

Hide contents

Weren't the 11 elites just bandits so the crests they bare are ones stolen from the children of the goddess? Maybe the lost ones are dead children that were used and discarded.

Well we know that the 11 Elites were on Nemesis' side meanwhile the Saints were on the side of the Children of the Goddess. I don't see why the goddess would bless 12 bandits only to be killed by them and her bones used to form their new weapons.

Speaking of; does anyone want to summarise what happened between the Red Canyon; Nemesis and Seiros? I've played 2 routes so I know the majority of it but I just want to know the full detail now lol.

16 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Timotheos crest is used to send Blyeth into the graveyard. While I believe Noa and Timotheos is one one of relics. Not sure if that is the sword of the creator.

Even more reason why there's DEFINITELY more to it.

I guess since Nemesis has a new sword and was reanimated by TWSITD; that sword was made by them using crest stones they had lying around(probably from the raiding of the Holy Tomb); in a similar way to how they supposedly made Aymr for Edelgard; using a Maurice Crest stone then modifying it for Edelgard's use; so TWSITD did a similar thing for Nemesis even though he didn't bear either Crest of Noa or Timotheos.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

If we consider where the Crests came from (end of Golden Deer spoilers)

Spoiler

Nemesis acquired the Crest of Flames from Sothis's blood, and the 10 Elites and Maurice gained their Crests from the blood of Sothis's children (after Nemesis killed them, presumably). I don't know at this point if the Four Saints are also children of the goddess (even if they are likely all alive in the present), but the Silver Snow route probably explains that. We can infer that the five "lost" crests came from Sothis's other children, maybe some that survived Nemesis's attack. Perhaps they gave their blood to humans willingly or they were killed for it? Rhea/Seiros calls herself the "last child of the progenitor god", though I don't know if that means if she was the last to be born or the last alive. The five missing Crests are acknowledged by the Church on its mural, unlike the Crest of Flames, so the associated lineages either died out or just never came up in the plot. The Crest of Timotheos is the only missing crest to not be faded out on the mural, if that means anything.

As Jingle Jangle mentioned, the two Crest Stones on Nemesis's Dark Creator Sword have the Crests of Noa and Timotheos on them. The Dark Creator Sword was presumably created by those who slither in the dark, so the stones could be artificial or they could just be random stones they discovered.

As another question, how many non-artificial Crest Stones are there? They're the hearts of Sothis and her children, so there shouldn't be too many of them.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If we consider where the Crests came from (end of Golden Deer spoilers)

Hide contents

Nemesis acquired the Crest of Flames from Sothis's blood, and the 10 Elites and Maurice gained their Crests from the blood of Sothis's children (after Nemesis killed them, presumably). I don't know at this point if the Four Saints are also children of the goddess (even if they are likely all alive in the present), but the Silver Snow route probably explains that. We can infer that the five "lost" crests came from Sothis's other children, maybe some that survived Nemesis's attack. Perhaps they gave their blood to humans willingly or they were killed for it? Rhea/Seiros calls herself the "last child of the progenitor god", though I don't know if that means if she was the last to be born or the last alive. The five missing Crests are acknowledged by the Church on its mural, unlike the Crest of Flames, so the associated lineages either died out or just never came up in the plot. The Crest of Timotheos is the only missing crest to not be faded out on the mural, if that means anything.

As Jingle Jangle mentioned, the two Crest Stones on Nemesis's Dark Creator Sword have the Crests of Noa and Timotheos on them. The Dark Creator Sword was presumably created by those who slither in the dark, so the stones could be artificial or they could just be random stones they discovered.

As another question, how many non-artificial Crest Stones are there? They're the hearts of Sothis and her children, so there shouldn't be too many of them.

Spoiler

To add to this, Seiros's Crest is the exception, as she willingly shares her blood with the first Emperor (which is a former Elite that she convinced to betray). Also yes, the four Saints (plus Seiros) are alive and are children of Sothis. Apparently they also shared their blood with some humans, though I don't remember reading this in-game, but the wiki mentions it. https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Crest

That leaves the question of what the hell crest stones are, sure the crest of flames is Sothis's heart, but what about the others? Especially Seiros and the saints, they're alive so I'd guess their heart is very much in place.

21 minutes ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

To add to this, Seiros's Crest is the exception, as she willingly shares her blood with the first Emperor (which is a former Elite that she convinced to betray). Also yes, the four Saints (plus Seiros) are alive and are children of Sothis. Apparently they also shared their blood with some humans, though I don't remember reading this in-game, but the wiki mentions it. https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Crest

That leaves the question of what the hell crest stones are, sure the crest of flames is Sothis's heart, but what about the others? Especially Seiros and the saints, they're alive so I'd guess their heart is very much in place.

Spoiler

All crest stones were made from the hearts of the children of the goddess. Same principle as how Sothis's heart became the crest stone of flames.

Presumably, there are no crest stones in regards to Seiros and the four saints as they still have their hearts. They simply gave their blood to others and that's how certain people have their crests.

16 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Well we know that the 11 Elites were on Nemesis' side meanwhile the Saints were on the side of the Children of the Goddess. I don't see why the goddess would bless 12 bandits only to be killed by them and her bones used to form their new weapons.

Speaking of; does anyone want to summarise what happened between the Red Canyon; Nemesis and Seiros? I've played 2 routes so I know the majority of it but I just want to know the full detail now lol.

Spoiler

In the ancient time Sothis arrived Fódlan, shared her advanced knowledge with human and raised many Children of Goddess(dragons).

Human began war against each other with advanced weapon, then declared war against Sothis when she tried to intervene. Human ended up destroying themselves with survivors fled into underground shelters, whom some turned into TWSITD. 

Sothis used her power to heal the land for human to return, then retires to her chamber to recover.

TWISTD hires Nemesis, broke into the chamber, killed Sothis in her sleep, cut out her heart and chopped her up to make crest stone and the sword. He then lead his followers to Zanado, massacred many dragons there and turned them into similar weapons.

Surviving dragons lead by Rhea, allied with other humans and granted them dragon blood to fight Nemesis. After killing Nemesis from over 100 years war, Rhea revised history with Empire to make 10 Elites good guys so Empire can absorb them into their services.

16 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Presumably, there are no crest stones in regards to Seiros and the four saints as they still have their hearts. They simply gave their blood to others and that's how certain people have their crests.

Which is why there holy weapons can be used by anyone and just provide health boosts to people with the blood of the saints as opposed to only working for the Crest bearer. No stone needed.

I'm starting to wonder if there is a serious difference between major and minor crest bearers. It makes sense that anyone with a minor crest is just someone who happened to inherit the blood from centuries ago, so it has weakened over time. So then you go down the list of characters with a major crest, and all but one of them of them are special....

Spoiler

Jeralt got blood from Rhea.

Flayn is Cethleann.

Lysithea had blood experiments done on her.

Seteth is Cichol.

The immovable is Indech.

Wandering beast is the original crest of the beast guy.

Edelgard had blood experiments done.

Byleth has the crest stone inside him.

That only leaves Felix and Catherine. Catherine has a shady backstory that I'm not super clear on. I haven't unlocked her higher level supports so I'm not sure if there's an explanation there. Felix I have no clue. But Felix is the only serious outlier in this theory.