New Heroes Arrive: Brave Echoes (August 16th)

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Micaiah's unique skill is... Sabotage Atk/Spd? It's ok, I guess...

Just to remember:

Camilla: Light of Nohr / Flying Staff unit
HP: 39 / Atk: 33 / Spd: 37 / Def: 21 / Res: 25 / BST: 155

Eliwood: Marquess Pherae / Cavalry Lance unit
HP: 40 / Atk: 37 / Spd: 35 / Def: 32 / Res: 18 / BST: 162

Micaiah: Queen of Dawn / Flying Green Tome unit
HP: 36 / Atk: 37 / Spd: 28 / Def: 17 / Res: 37 / BST: 155

Alm: Imperial Ascent / Infantry Sword unit
HP: 42 / Atk: 38 / Spd: 35 / Def: 37 / Res: 20 / BST: 172

Edited by Diovani Bressan

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Micaiah: Queen of Dawn / Flying Green Tome unit
HP: 36 / Atk: 37 / Spd: 28 / Def: 17 / Res: 37 / BST: 155

It seems like BE!Micaiah is trying to be a fast nuke? Her Weapon and B gives her Spd+12 and that can take her up to 40 Spd. Building her as a fast nuke is fine for the AI, but without Desperation as a Sacred Seal, she is going to be pretty difficult to use in players' hands.

I think it could have been better if they just focused on building her as a one shot nuke with Yune's Whisper doing Atk/Res-6 instead.

So, maximum utility flying healer with Gravity+ and devastating offensive potential.

Meta smashing offensive lance cav with effective damage against all the most relevant threats.

Powerful flying green mage with double effective damage, bonus leeching abilities, the ability to mini-Aversa enemy teams arguably easier than Aversa herself and possibly the most busted teleporting C skill in the entire game.

And... a strong-ish infantry sword.

This banner is almost crazy.

@XRay I misread it as ATK/RES-6 actually myself. Thank God, she'd be too nuclear if it was a RES debuff too. Realize the utility though still. Micaiah's speed effectively goes from 28 to 40 against a debuffed opponent and she doubles as a support-bot because of it. It's hard to beat that. She's got pretty amazing killing power anyway, she didn't really need the extra RES debuff.

Edited by Zeo

I’m definitely happy that Micaiah’s b skill is essentially Atk/Spd Sabotage instead of Atk/Res...the sabotage skills aren’t my favorite because they’re more effective against you than an AI but it’s gonna make her deceptively speedy! That’s an effective +12 speed just from her b skill and weapon, putting her at 40 before buffs, potential a skill changes, and her seal. As a regular user of a deceptively speedy blue Micaiah I approve!

God she’s amazing already, everything I wanted Brave Celica to be (not that I wanted Celia to be a green tome flier, just that I wanted her to not be red and definitely not be an infantry red sword). And her art is absolutely gorgeous...I’m very tempted to switch my summoner support to her

Edited by kirauza343

I'm not actually a big fan of her art (bit too soft for me), but I think Micaiah's B-skill in conjunction to winning the F2P vote it enough to push her over the line for me. That, and I observe that I have somehow managed to obtain four Veronicas and just one Ephraim from last year's bunch, so if the grey to green ratio holds...

I was always going to pick Micaiah, but I'm thrilled she's a good unit and that she'll likely be the F2P pick!  Looking forward to Friday!

So that's what Threaten Atk/Spd 3 does. Debuffing and buffing the unit if they're within 2 spaces of an enemy. It effectively grants the unit Atk/Def/Res+5 and Spd+10. Y'know, the first thing that came to mind was that it would be good on Matthew and Saizo. Yes, it's a Threaten skill, but Matthew and Saizo would be in the thick of things with their ability to tank things, especially Saizo after getting his shuriken.

Edited by Kaden
No idea where I got Atk+10 from

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

It seems like BE!Micaiah is trying to be a fast nuke? Her Weapon and B gives her Spd+12 and that can take her up to 40 Spd. Building her as a fast nuke is fine for the AI, but without Desperation as a Sacred Seal, she is going to be pretty difficult to use in players' hands.

I think it could have been better if they just focused on building her as a one shot nuke with Yune's Whisper doing Atk/Res-6 instead.

Well, she will have 34 Spd against a Yune's Whispered foe, so she can double any foe with Spd lower or iqual to 29. 34 Spd is workable, because you can give a Spd buff like Spd Tactic or a Rally. Chill Res seal will be great on her, once we get it.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

So Yune knows the key to take Micaiah from being just a good mage counter to a combat monster is speed blessing... I approve of this.

Was going to give all versions of Micaiah a dark blessing to match her dark affinity. With Yune and during dark season in Aether Raids, CYL Micaiah would have 32 Spd and if Yune's Whispers works, then she'd effectively have 44 Spd during combat. Welp, time to throw her onto my dark season Tellius defense team. Not sure who I would replace on that team so she can be on it.

Don't give a crap about Micaiah.

Everyone else looks great, even Camilla this time. Still don't get why she got so many votes when she already had a buttload of versions in the game, but at least she actually got a well designed outfit.

Going with Alm for the free pick and I'll pull for Eliwood since I want to pull blues right now anyway for other reasons. But why do people think Micaiah will be the most common free pick here? I think it'll clearly be Eliwood, that dragon + beast effective damage is extremely valuable because beast-effective weapons are super rare right now. And FTP people will need something good against beast teams which can be pretty damn threatening. I know I could use it, I have trouble against all beast teams, especially when Reyson or Leanne are in the mix.

Also, fallen Corrin and fallen Tiki are a pain in the ass to deal with and Eliwood can help against them too. Another thing, he's the first blue unit that will come with a dragon-effective weapon.

Edited by Anacybele

Micaiah looks gorgeous. I'm going to use all my saved orbs to see if I get any of them, and if I don't get Miccy she'll be my free summon, or if I pull a bad nature Miccy I'll still get her as a freebie to remove the bane.

Camilla and Eliwood would be fine second picks. Alm though... he's really nothing special.

Huh. Looks like everyone wants to be speedy. Eliwood in particular, though, likes making his speedy friends speedier. Methinks he'd pair well with that +spd Boyleth I happened to pull.

16 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@XRay I misread it as ATK/RES-6 actually myself. Thank God, she'd be too nuclear if it was a RES debuff too. Realize the utility though still. Micaiah's speed effectively goes from 28 to 40 against a debuffed opponent and she doubles as a support-bot because of it. It's hard to beat that. She's got pretty amazing killing power anyway, she didn't really need the extra RES debuff.

Having high Spd does not mean much without Desperation though. She will mostly likely fight once, maybe twice or thrice if you are lucky and the defense team is blue heavy, and then just be stuck as a debuff bot.

BE!Camilla has Firesweep, so she can keep fighting forever while supporting her teammates.

15 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I’m definitely happy that Micaiah’s b skill is essentially Atk/Spd Sabotage instead of Atk/Res...the sabotage skills aren’t my favorite because they’re more effective against you than an AI but it’s gonna make her deceptively speedy! That’s an effective +12 speed just from her b skill and weapon, putting her at 40 before buffs, potential a skill changes, and her seal. As a regular user of a deceptively speedy blue Micaiah I approve!

I am not a huge fan of the Spd+12 because you can only rely on it once. Once she eats a counterattack, her nuking ability drops like a rock.

If you are going for a doubling build, she can be fast, but she is extremely reliant on doubling to kill things because her Atk is not amazing:
+Atk — 40 Atk
Light of Dawn — 14 Mt + 6 buff
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury — 4 Atk
Yune's Whisper
Res Smoke — 6 enemy debuff
Atk/Spd — 2 Atk
6/6/6/6 bonus buffs — 6 Atk
40+14+6+4+6+3+6=78 Atk. 78 Atk is not bad, but it is nowhere reliable enough to one shotting things, and over 20% of her Atk (18/78) is dependent on enemies being Atk/Res debuffed. Without Desperation that 40+ Spd is a waste after her first round of combat.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, she will have 34 Spd against a Yune's Whispered foe, so she can double any foe with Spd lower or iqual to 29. 34 Spd is workable, because you can give a Spd buff like Spd Tactic or a Rally. Chill Res seal will be great on her, once we get it.

It is not that she cannot get enough Spd, it is that she can only reliably use her Spd once. Having a ton of Spd is meaningless without Desperation once the unit eats a counterattack.

This is not a problem for the AI since there is no penalty in losing units, but it is a problem for players.

30 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So that's what Threaten Atk/Spd 3 does. Debuffing and buffing the unit if they're within 2 spaces of an enemy. It effectively grants the unit Atk/Spd+10 and Def/Res+5. Y'know, the first thing that came to mind was that it would be good on Matthew and Saizo. Yes, it's a Threaten skill, but Matthew and Saizo would be in the thick of things with their ability to tank things, especially Saizo after getting his shuriken.

I'm not following where the Atk+10 comes from. It doesn't debuff the enemy's Def/Res so the user should only get a net +5 Atk after everything - less (or nothing) if they're already Honed anyway.

Micaiah might be unique or some shit but Camilla is such a clear cut by far the best unit of this batch its not even funny to think about. I seriously doubt Brave Eliwood is even half as good as his borderline gamebreaking Legendary Version even if he's admitedly pretty solid. Still would pick him since i'm probbaly wrong but eh

I feel like IS finally got the formula down - to make a unit broken you don't have to give them flashy skills or unique movement type or stupid shit like that. Just make them a Healer because who fucking knew an uncounterable nuclear bomb is basically broken

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:But why do people think Micaiah will be the most common free pick here? I think it'll clearly be Eliwood, that dragon + beast effective damage is extremely valuable because beast-effective weapons are super rare right now. And FTP people will need something good against beast teams which can be pretty damn threatening. I know I could use it, I have trouble against all beast teams, especially when Reyson or Leanne are in the mix.

A few different reasons.

We already have access to several dragon slayers (and Masked Marth is free and Adult Tiki is 3-4*) and the majority of beasts have a secondary weakness. All the birds are still weak to bows and the cavalry and armor ones have those associated weaknesses. There’s also not a whole lot of beast units in general and we don’t have an enemy version of them yet, so they aren’t a problem on Abyssal maps where FTP guides would be needed. Armor and cavalry units are everywhere on those, and Micaiah is a high attack unit effective against both (and the only two non-Micaiah units effective against both, Caeda and Clair, suffer from low attack). 

She’s also only our second free mage flier (and only our second free green mage ever) which gives her fantastic movement and versatility. Her resistance is high enough to consistently debuff enemies which is useful to help deal with the bloated stats on Abyssal enemies, her a skill allows her to ignore any debuff she gets to her atk and res, and ground orders is an insane and incredibly rare movement buff that gives her team a lot of options.

Eilwood is a good offensive lance cavalier but he lacks her versatility. Fuses are pretty situational and spd opening, while potentially useful by manipulating your team’s spd, is going to be less useful for someone using only ftp units to follow a guide. Veronica was the most popular pick last year not because she hit the hardest but because of her ability to safely buff her team and debuff her enemies with her impressive mobility. A lot of people are going to be looking for the unit that will be more helpful for Abyssal maps and Micaiah’s versatility is what’s made her the early favorite.

8 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

A few different reasons.

We already have access to several dragon slayers (and Masked Marth is free and Adult Tiki is 3-4*) and the majority of beasts have a secondary weakness. All the birds are still weak to bows and the cavalry and armor ones have those associated weaknesses. There’s also not a whole lot of beast units in general and we don’t have an enemy version of them yet, so they aren’t a problem on Abyssal maps where FTP guides would be needed. Armor and cavalry units are everywhere on those, and Micaiah is a high attack unit effective against both (and the only two non-Micaiah units effective against both, Caeda and Clair, suffer from low attack). 

She’s also only our second free mage flier (and only our second free green mage ever) which gives her fantastic movement and versatility. Her resistance is high enough to consistently debuff enemies which is useful to help deal with the bloated stats on Abyssal enemies, her a skill allows her to ignore any debuff she gets to her atk and res, and ground orders is an insane and incredibly rare movement buff that gives her team a lot of options.

Eilwood is a good offensive lance cavalier but he lacks her versatility. Fuses are pretty situational and spd opening, while potentially useful by manipulating your team’s spd, is going to be less useful for someone using only ftp units to follow a guide. Veronica was the most popular pick last year not because she hit the hardest but because of her ability to safely buff her team and debuff her enemies with her impressive mobility. A lot of people are going to be looking for the unit that will be more helpful for Abyssal maps and Micaiah’s versatility is what’s made her the early favorite.

You clearly have never faced all-beast teams. They're extremely dangerous and difficult to counter, even if they might be weak to bows or cavalry/armor effective weapons. I'm not even FTP and like I said, I struggle against them. And when I used a laguz team in arena, they mopped the floor with everything easily. Eliwood brings a way to counter them on top of also being a counter to the also extremely dangerous fallen Corrin and fallen Tiki, who can often defeat even Falchion users. Mine have died to them. Oh yeah, didn't think to mention this before, but just as IS eventually added generic enemy dragons to the game, generic enemy beasts will probably eventually be there too.

Alm will probably be the least picked since he's the millionth infantry sword wielder.

Camilla will probably not be picked as much because most FTP people picked Veronica last year who offers similar stuff and is used in a ton of FTP videos, including the abyssal maps you mention.

Micaiah might be picked a fair bit due to what you're saying, though. She does have more to offer than the two I mentioned above. But Eliwood's anti-beast weapon is just more valuable.

Edited by Anacybele

I’m torn. It’s between Eliwood and Micaiah for me! Character wise, I prefer Eliwood over Micaiah, but I totally can see Micaiah being more useful to me as a casual player. I wasn’t planning on pulling on this banner, especially because it will be reran SO many times in the next year, but I might exchange a few of my TT orbs for the one I don’t pick. I didn’t choose Lyn year one in favor of Lucina, and I chose Hector over Veronica in year two. While I didn’t regret my choices, I did feel a bit indifferent at the idea of missing out on a clearly OP unit in both instances. I don’t want to miss out again this year with Micaiah, as much as Eliwood’s cute face beckons me... lol. The struggle! We shall see.

Merc Pick Year 1: Ike

Merc Pick Year 2: Hector or Ephraim (I don't remember which since I pulled for them first and just picked the one I didn't get via summoning.)

Merc Pick Year 3: Eliwood

Personally, though, I don't think it's that big a deal. Besides the initial Hector/Ephraim, I never pulled for brave heroes, and yet I think I have one of each in my barracks by now (besides this latest batch, of course.) The rest will probably come to you in time (unlike seasonals/mythics/legendaries) so no need to worry about it imo. Just choose your favorite/the one that will benefit you in the short term the most. 🙂

So the mysterious bird skill was Sabotage Atk/Spd...that's not all that great. It works wonderfully at the beginning of a match but separating the enemy is the better option most of the time outside of Rally traps in AR (or super reinforcements maps in x-HB maps, but I'd never use Micaiah in any of those).

Guess Eliwood wins out for me, he might be a 1 trick pony but that trick is extremely devasting and I'm lacking in the cav department.