Characters you disliked that eventually won you over. *Minor Spoilers*

Dalquist

1 hour ago, Rose482 said:

Grew to being mixed on:

Edelgard: She's...something. I thought I was going to beĀ obsessed with her character, but the more and more that I learn about her, the more I get mixed on her lol V_V also her having the shortest route really sucks for both story reasons, and gameplay reasons as well. And I hate how some people in the fandom seem to want to justify everything she does, while at the same time act like some other main cast characters are just 100% evil. Like I get the fact she's suppose to be a grey character, but even as far as grey characters goes, some of her actions just really paint her in a bad light, and I can't just accept them becasue I feel bad for the things she went through.

I like to think her evil decisions are mostly a product of her situation making very hard to actually trust someone; and having to deal with the burden of being the only heir of the Adrestian Legacy... If she dies... Everything the Empire used to represent was gone; and the actual bad guys would just try again with another host... Or they would beginning the War themselves (maybe using the death of the princess as an excuse to incite hate within the Empire)

Edelgard really needed to play a dangerous game to make sure the evil ones didn't actually ruined her dream and destroyed the world.

A game where you need to make lesser evils in an attempt of getting power; and eventually acomplish the dream.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I like to think her evil decisions are mostly a product of her situation making very hard to actually trust someone; and having to deal with the burden of being the only heir of the Adrestian Legacy... If she dies... Everything the Empire used to represent was gone; and the actual bad guys would just try again with another host... Or they would beginning the War themselves (maybe using the death of the princess as an excuse to incite hate within the Empire)

Edelgard really needed to play a dangerous game to make sure the evil ones didn't actually ruined her dream and destroyed the world.

A game where you need to make lesser evils in an attempt of getting power; and eventually acomplish the dream.

I don't want to turn this thread into another Edelgard discussion thread, so all I will say is just becasue she couldn't trust anyone, that doesn't just magically justify everything. Like I could understand how she might had became someone who trusts no one after what she went through, but just becasue it's understandable why she became who she is, it doesn't mean she was in the right for making some of the discussions she did.Ā 

In the end of the day, to me it didn't even LOOK like she tried to look for another option and thought the only one was starting a war. And I can't just look at that and be like "She can't trust people, so it's okay I guess"Ā I might be going out on a limb here, but I also don't think Dimitri or Claude would have ratted her out to the church and tried to get her killed had she told them what happened to her.Ā 

Ā I still haven't played the GD or the church routes yet, so the chances are that I am missing few details.Ā  But yeah overall I'm very mixed on her.

12 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I don't want to turn this thread into another Edelgard discussion thread, so all I will say is just becasue she couldn't trust anyone, that doesn't just magically justify everything. Like I could understand how she might had became someone who trusts no one after what she went through, but just becasue it's understandable why she became who she is, it doesn't mean she was in the right for making some of the discussions she did.Ā 

In the end of the day, to me it didn't even LOOK like she tried to look for another option and thought the only one was starting a war. And I can't just look at that and be like "She can't trust people, so it's okay I guess"Ā I might be going out on a limb here, but I also don't think Dimitri or Claude would have ratted her out to the church and tried to get her killed had she told them what happened to her.Ā 

Ā I still haven't played the GD or the church routes yet, so the chances are that I am missing few details.Ā  But yeah overall I'm very mixed on her.

I'm not exactly justifing her action, just making sense of them

Spoiler

After being essencially betrayed for her uncle and being feedĀ with dark ideas about the Church.Ā I think it's understandable that she doesn't really believe to tell anyone that would put the church above their ideas, or people that she doesn't have enough information about to actually think of them as potential allies (like Claude, that even sells himself asĀ distrustful).

Ā 

It could have worked... but she can't take the gamble, because essencially turns into a 50/50 at the very best; and she ends in a situation where her destiny ends up being in Dimitri's... or worse, in Rhea's hands... And if that managed to work, it's hard to say what could have done Arundel after that... Thales didn't took a minor "betray" (the deathĀ of Cornelia) kindly.

Ā 

She became a grey character because of the tragedy of her life and her father's empire after all.

But yeah, I won't turn this into another Edelgard thread; I just wanted to give my opinion.

Edited by Troykv

Ashe - pre-timeskip, he kinda looks too shota for me lol (I like grown dudes thx). However, when I actually recruited him on my second play through, I found that I really enjoyed his interactions with other characters, especially ones like Marianne and Felix. (spoiler for those supports)

Spoiler

His enthusiasm for tsundere characters in Felix's C support is hilarious.

Ā 

Was there anyone I disliked before release? I can't really remember lol so I'm just gonna list the ones that changed the most.

Neutral/Dislike > Like

Annette -Ā I thought she was alright but other than that she didn't really capture my attention. Now I absolutely adore her, she's very sweet, a hardworker, and adorable. The VA did a phenomenal job with her and the singing caught me off guard big time.Ā I will fight anyone that trash talksĀ my girl

Flayn -Ā Wayyyy to cute. I'm not even sure why I love her so much, I just played through the game and did everything in my power to turn her into a support god. The fish thing is cute and I'm huge fan of fish, food and alive :D, so she scored bonus points there too.Ā 

Seteth -Ā VA memes aside, he's a great character. Wasn't even on my radar but he's like in the top 5 characters for me now.Ā 

Dimitri -Ā Went from noodleĀ boi to my favourite of the three lords~ Blue Lions is also my favourite route due to Dimitri

Neutral/Like > DislikeĀ 

Cyril -Ā Annoying. Considering how I am he'll probably bounce between dislike and neutral, maybe even like.

My opinions on the others have been fairly consistent. Either my opinions didn't change all that much or I just don't care. Edelgard dropped off a bit but I still like her.

Been watching some more supports, and some characters have really changed for me.

Seteth has been growing on me again, the guy has incredible depth, in every one of his supports you discover a new trait or side to him. And the VA is one of the best in the cast, imo second only to Rhea's and Annette's.

I've also discovered Gilbert, this guy is amazing. Again, a character with countless sides to him, a devout knight, an instructor, a mentor. That combined with 55/60 years of age which mean he gives a different perspective, and obviously his troubled past, and his present life plagued with remorse. Also I'm a woodcarver myself, it's a nice touch, and it gives him a "Heidi's grandpa" vibe. Special mention to his VA too, you can feel all the weight and tiredness of his voice, but he hides it behind a complex and honourable way of speaking.

And those are the good ones out of the way, some have become worse, even annoying.

I wasn't a fan of Ingrid before, but I didn't think she'd be this bland. Her whole thing is that her family's poor and she has to marry money. Which would be an amazing backstory, if it wasn't basically all there is to her character. Hell, at least in her supports with Ashe I was hoping she'd talk about something else (her dream of knighthood, which is also a bland thing, but at least it's a change), and she did. For a bit. Then she went back to the usual.

Dimitri as well. People are going to want my head for this one, but he's fallen off for me. His character arc in BL is intriguing, but this is really all there is to him. Outside of that he's, like Ingrid, very monotone. Tragedy and knighthood all over the place, just the tragedy and knighthood. I already liked Edelgard and Claude better, but thought he was okay and interesting, now he just fell to "worst lord of 3H" by a long shot.

And finally the biggest let down of this game, Catherine. What the hell. She has one of my favourite designs of the whole game (only Leonie's postskip and Dorothea's preskip are better), but that's all the good there is to her. Boor girl is usually an archetype I like, if the character is not just extremised into a male with a vagina, and she does this part good, sometimes we get to see her sweeter side. But that's it, everything else consist of "lady Rhea", there's nothing else to her. She has an interesting past, make it relevant goddamn, don't limit it to so little of her conversations. And the whole Rhea thing is terrible, for Cyril it kind of makes sense, he was took in as a child and so he views Rhea as a mother. Catherine was rescued as a fully grown warrior, what the hell is up with licking the ground she walks on. Shamir was saved too, but she manages to keep it natural (and she's also a much better character btw).
tl;dr: I'm sorry that the first good looking blonde in ages had to be this thing.

PS: special note for Hilda, she's truly an amazing personality, so sweet, but I have to watch her support "in doses", that accent is so incredibly grating. I can just picture her saying "oh my gaaawd" every 3 words. Which I guess is what they were going for, but still.

Edited by timon

On 8/22/2019 at 4:14 AM, Dandy Druid said:
  • Leonie: I just don't like how confrontational she gets with us over the dumbest shit. And then saying we don't appreciate Jeralt as our father and she wishes he was her father was absolutely bonkers. She does have some nice supports here and there, but a lot of them she ends up talking about Jeralt in some way or another. Maybe I need to read more of her supports.

Ā 

I changed my mind about her when I considered how realisticĀ her reactionĀ to the main character was.Ā  Ā She completely idolized Jeralt and got to be his studentĀ for a short time but then heĀ ditchedĀ her.Ā  Even after that she kept working hard to be just like him.Ā Ā Then, when she's finally reunited with him she finds out there's another kid out there who got everything she ever wanted and doesn't appreciate it.Ā  Although IĀ didn't like her reaction I appreciated it because it made her feel real (especially considering that she's still a teenager).Ā  Ā Ā 

Ā 

Dislike >> Like
Sylvain: Admittedly the only reason I disliked him at first was because I can't stand they way they pronounce "Gautier". It still makes me cringe. I purely only recruited him because I thought it'd be funny to have him on the Miklan quest (I was wrong). After I started getting his support conversations I really grew to like the guy and I'm glad to have him around.

LikeĀ  >> Dislike >> Like
Edelgard and Hubert: I liked them at first (I did chose BE after all) but after putting two and two together, one of the spoiler revelations was just too obvious and I was considering going with the Church. The literal only reason I sided with them in the end was because I missed my chance for a B support with Rhea. I'm glad I did because post time-skip I've started agreeing with Ede more, andĀ  it's nice to see Hubert is more than just the creepy edgelord he made himself out to be.

Like >> Dislike
Rhea: I feel like I'm justified in this one because plot. I'm curious how my opinion will change on future playthroughs.

Disliked >> Liked

Lorenz:Ā I thought he looked really dumb and I wasn't a huge fan of his personality. When I read his supports I started to understand where he was coming from. He seems to be thinking about what is best for the future ofĀ the alliance. He also looks a lot better after the time skip IMO. Honestly, I think he's one of my favorite characters from the GD now.

Raphael:Ā I'm still kind of conflicted about Raphael but I'm pretty sure I like him now. Originally, I didn't like how one note he was about eating and building muscles and tbh it still kind of annoys me. However, he is really sweet in a lot of his support conversations which makes him extremely likable. Like I said, still conflicted but I think I like him now.Ā 

Admittedly I haven't gotten to play BL or BE yet so I don't have very strong opinions on those character. Hopefully some of those characters can surprise me too.

11 hours ago, timon said:

Special mention to his VA too, you can feel all the weight and tiredness of his voice, but he hides it behind a complex and honourable way of speaking.

That's probably the type Gilbert's actor is usually cast in. He's also Mycen and I strongly suspect he's Kid Icarus' chariot master who really nails the weary old warrior persona.Ā 

Personally I'd say he'd make for an excellent Tauroneo. Make it happen IS!

16 hours ago, timon said:

Ive also discovered Gilbert, this guy is amazing. Again, a character with countless sides to him, a devout knight, an instructor, a mentor. That combined with 55/60 years of age which mean he givesļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ a different perspective, and obviously his troubled past, and his present life plagued with remorse. Also I'm a woodcarver myself, it's a nice touch, and it gives him a "Heidi's graļ»ændpa" vibe. Special mention to his VA too, you can feel all the weight and tiredness of hiļ»æs voice, but he hides it behind a complex and honourable way of speakingļ»æļ»æļ»æ.ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ

Yeah Gilbert is a cool potato and im very impressed with him.

i liked Ingrid a lot but seeing her supports with Dedue made me like her less.Ā 

Lorenz.

It's not that I used to dislike him but simply thatĀ I expected to dislike him but ended up loving him. I'd crash the nobility system as brutally as Edelgard would and the idea of blood-related classes offends me greatly but Lorenz remains an endearing and caring character, who'd lay his life down for the common folks in an instant, as he believes it his role. He understands all his priviledges come with a price, with heavy responsabilities and he pretty much seems free of corruption, unlike his father, a despicable fuckerĀ who plots assassinations.Ā 

I'd still destroy House Gloucester with glee and throw him out on his ass in the street but I'd spare his life.

I think the archetype I hate more than nobility in Fire Emblem settings is the common people that revere noblesĀ without nuance, like Forsyth in Echoes. Common folks that belittle themselves piss me off.Ā 

Mercedes

Didn't think I'd hate her but I did. She seems kind but she was the first to back Rhea the second she ordered the execution of those Western Church bishops. She believes apostasy should be punished by death. Fuck her, she isn't kind, that's hypocrisy.Ā 

She also has the worst and one of the rare few bad voice acting in the entire cast. Petra is the only other voice acting I didn't like and it is for a different reason.Ā 

Dimitri

Just started post-time skip in Blue Lions. Dude is not the vanilla lord I thought he was. This will be interesting.

Edited by Vince777

7 minutes ago, charcoalswift said:

Seteth, he strikes me as an overbearing supervisor, his strict Japanese voice (Takehito Koyasu)Ā soundsĀ villainousĀ tooĀ 

but whenever Flayn is around, heĀ becomes softspoken, it's really amusingšŸ™‚

Ā 

His jp voice actor is D I O lol. If i didnt flutter every time he opens his mouth in English, id switch to jp just to hear it.Ā 

3 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

His jp voice actor is D I O lol. If i didnt flutter every time he opens hisļ»æ mouth in English, idļ»æ switch toļ»æ jp just to hearļ»æ itļ»æ.ļ»æ

Welp, guess I'll be playing in Japanese next time. Lol

5 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I think the archetype I hate more than nobility in Fire Emblem settings is the common people that revere noblesĀ without nuance, like Forsyth in Echoes. Common folks that belittle themselves piss me off.Ā 
Ā 

What? Your perception on ForsythĀ is completely off. He doesn't revere nobles without nuance. His goal above all else is to be a knight, and he gets attached to Clive because he's seen as an ideal knight, which is what many people in Zofia do.

He belittles himself a little bit, but only because he's being realistic in the sense that Zofia makes it hard for commoners to become knights. Not his fault and he doesn't let that get him down. He keeps going regardless of what others say.

I like everyone. Absolutely amazing writing experience in this game. As for my actual response though. (Be prepared, EXTREEEEEEEMELY LONG POST coming.)

Spoiler

Lorenz Dislike > Like/Neutral: Him for reasons as others have mentioned before. Dudeā€™s very down-to-earth and aware of his station and does what he can to ensure he is able to fulfill his role in order to get into a position where he can do some good. Also his post skip design is much better on the eyes than pre skip, portrait at least. His game model is still pretty terrible to downright ridiculous.

Ā 

Ferdinand Dislike > Like: Basically similar reasons as with Lorenz, albeit heā€™s less arrogant and even more good-natured. Also his post skip design is pretty hot.

Ā 

Hilda Dislike > Like: Pre release I didnā€™t like her design and from her bio I figured sheā€™d be a crappy prep girl type. After doing her supports though that changed my opinion of her quite a bit. Also her post-skip design is just too damn good. Iā€™m normally not the one to fall for the skimpy kinda lewd characters usually (especially the ones with assets) but her personality, portrait, and pink hair sold me when I thought I wouldnā€™t end up coming to like her at all.

Ā 

Ingrid Neutral > Like: So with her I wasnā€™t too particular about her design or anything pre skip or post skip. What really sold me on her was learning about her personality from her supports as well as her gluttonous tendencies. Sheā€™s basically Fire Emblemā€™s Artoria Pendragon, and I really love me some Sabers.

Ā 

Mercedes Neutral > Like: So with her there isnā€™t anything really special. She fills the role I expected her to. What got me into liking her was the delivery of her JP VA and backstory involving our good old friend Shinigami Kishi/Death Knight.

Ā 

Petra Neutral > Like: I wasnā€™t too particular about her because I really didnā€™t look up much about her before release. Once I got to see her supports however I almost immediately grew attached to the funny situations she could bring up from her misunderstandings tied in with her tribal upbringing. Plus like Hilda her post-skip design is absolutely baller as it exemplifies her character as the tribal Amazoness sheā€™s supposed to be and I personally have a thing for tribal looks.

Ā 

Dorothea Neutral > Like: Basically same as with Ferdinand and Lorenz as I initially found her personality in regards to her contrasting emotions regarding nobility and her quest to proffer herself to as many wealthy men to find one she can settle with off-putting. This changed after seeing her supports however and learning her flirtatious nature swings both ways, likely due to Manuelaā€™s influence rubbing off on her, as well as understanding how realistic her personality is and the emotional baggage she has with everything about the war post skip. Also JoJo memes and Girlā€™s got more game than Byleth pre skip lol.

Ā 

Ashe Neutral > Like: Not much to say here. Heā€™s pretty cute. Even more so post skip as I like how he has his hair parted. And itā€™s those eyes, those damn eyes.

Ā 

Sylvain Dislike > Neutral: Dudeā€™s a jerk. Plain and simple. At the very least knowing about his upbringing and likely only meeting bad eggs for suitors early stained his perceptions to the point where it just became second nature to him, so I can definitely understand and agree with his point of view assuming his side is correct in nearly all cases (though it probably isnā€™t.) Dude is still a bit of the jerk all things considered at the end. What really redeems him for me is he has a fairly nice post skip design and the fact that his flirtatious nature even extends to grannies XD. I found that pretty entertaining. Also when things get serious heā€™ll go so far as to take an L for ya and is sincere in cases like with Dorotheaā€™s A support where heā€™d still try to woo her even if he happened to still be young and she old (echoing the C support with Ingrid first flying you in on how his terrible habit went beyond just trying to put up with forced proposals and meetings to get some enjoyment out of a situation heā€™d otherwise loathe.) Also dudeā€™s a Class A bro.

Ā 

Linhardt Neutral > Like: I like how blunt he can be and can resonate with his whole ā€œLet me sleepā€ attitude to a degree. I also like that in spite of that he can still get things done and is extremely perceptive.

Ā 

Caspar Neutral > Like: All I can say about him really as that I like adorkable personality and enthusiasm. As well as how develops and learns about his mistakes and how to better himself, even while at the same time his mistakes as a ā€œSeigi no Mikata!!...tmā€ isnā€™t necessarily incorrect either despite there still having been some better options at the time.

Ā 

Raphael Dislike >Like: Iā€™m not that fond of the thicc bodybuilder type heā€™s got going on, but I like his gentle giant features as well as the human side of him that goes the extra mile to make others happy or at ease knowing full well the complexities of the situation despite not being able to articulate whatā€™s going on in his personal thoughts too well. Heā€™s more of a villager kind of character archetype than anyone else in the game and I can respect that considering my own experience having grown up in what is effectively the American country and knowing people like that.

Ā 

Hanneman Neutral > Like: I like his enthusiasm and perspective in regards to the nobility system and his own take on things. Heā€™s effectively a modern scientist in an age where normally heā€™d have been labeled as an outcast and hanged, so Iā€™m glad to see how his position at Garreg Mach allows him to fully indulge in his research and hobby at his best. Itā€™s pretty adorable.

Ā 

Alois Dislike > Like: After seeing his supports and dialogue in the game...Dudeā€™s a complete dork dad and I love him for it.

Ā 

Ignatz Didnā€™t Particularly Care for > Neutral: So running things a bit different, with Ignatz my perspective with him did change, albeit not much. Heā€™s basically the flattest character in the game from what Iā€™ve seen. IS literally didnā€™t do much with him. I do like how his perspective about being treated as a youth is a wholly positive experience on him despite some of its negatives weighing on his mind. At the end of the day though he doesnā€™t really change much beyond that. For all I know dudeā€™s effectively the shota bait character.

Ā 

Rhea Like > Mostly Dislike: Going in pre release with her I really like her design and the fact sheā€™s one of the dragons in the game even though I had some doubts here and there because Japanese media + Church is usually not a bright image but I persisted anyways in the hopes she may not be as stained. Lo and behold, she crazy. And creepy. But mostly crazy. I can totally understand where this is coming from given the state of dragons normally in FE and the time period when it comes to the Church activities, but it all really extends back to that first cutscene in the game so itā€™s not wholly a thing of dragons becoming boned since Seteth and Flayn are still good (though they likely discarded their superhuman capabilities unlike Rhea and some Demonic Beasts) whereas she was pretty kooky not long after Nemesis had Sothis and the manaketes ā€œbites the dustā€. Her supports up to A donā€™t help that either and just further emphasizes how far gone she is. Not only that but the things she does in Elā€™s route doesnā€™t help that image. The only thing that keeps me liking her somewhat is her design, and how her JP VA does the audio delivery, especially in the scenarios where sheā€™s weak such as when freeing her from captivity in GD. Really hit me in the kokoro.

Ā 

Flayn Kinda Neutral > Like: Iā€™m fond of the bumpkin sheltered princess types and the fact sheā€™s a manakete hits me even more.

Ā 

Cyril Like > Dislike: Dudeā€™s a Rhea bot. Rhea this Rhea that. Just all Rhea bot. I can understand wanting to repay his debt for freeing him from a life of prejudiced servitude on Goneril lands (likely with the ā€œprejudicedā€ part being unknown to the likes of Hilda and her family) but thereā€™s only so far you can go before itā€™s just blind faith. The only thing I like about him is he can be a pretty good unit thanks to aptitude, mounted units, and bows being good in the game as well as the world-building he provides in his supports about Almya. Thatā€™s it.

As a bonus...

Gatekeeper - Loved: Dudeā€™s a good boi. Deserves the world and more.

Randolph, Ladislava, and Fleche - Loved: The generals deserved better. I seriously want a route where they live. And Fleche is cute and didnā€™t deserve her big bro to RIP. Whatā€™s even worse is Caspar doesnā€™t mentions anything about Randolph and FlecheĀ IIRC even though theyā€™re his half-siblings.

Ā 

Rodrigue - Loved: Dudeā€™s hot, a fairly down-to-earth and cool badassĀ of a father. And heā€™s Dracula. 100% guaranteed no doubt about it, heā€™s Dracula and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

Ā 

As for the remaining cast members, everyone else I didnā€™t mention nothing about my perspective changed pre to post release so I either liked them a lot or didnā€™t.

And that, is all.

Its not that I ever thought I would dislike Ignatz but post release has me started to like him a whole lot more.Ā 

Its probably his very tepid reception that's the cause. Him seeing ranking on the bottom of a lot of lists despite there not really being a reason for him ranking so low grants him lots and lots of pity points. And Iggy just happens to be quite likable. He's very nice, meek and proper so he's usually very sympathetic.Ā 

Dislike to like;

Silvain - Normally the womanizer types drive me up the wall, but his supports where he explains his issues and the responsibilities and tragedy associated to his crest, itĀ made his behavior come off more like a coping mechanism. Heā€™s otherwise very kind and tight with his friends.Ā 

Edelgard - I played BL first, was stunned that she was basically the villain all along, loved to hate her, and then I started digging more and more into her route, and now I think sheā€™s one of the best characters Iā€™ve seen in a long while.Ā 

Like to dislike;

Lorenz - At least in the Golden Deer route. He was one of my favs after recruiting him in my BL run, but his role as a foil/rivalĀ to Claude makes him feel so much scummier than he had in BL, where he was determined to do what he thought was the right thing.

Claude - To be straightforward, I think heā€™s boring. He feels like the most generic lord of the three.Ā 

Honestly, Iā€™ve noticed playing the Golden Deer route has made me like most of its unique cast LESS than I had otherwise. Most come off more like a personality quirk than a well rounded character, which is unique to the GD story, as Marianne and Lorenz were both awesome to me in my BL run. I think I may just dislike the GDā€™s dynamic over the old friendships of BL and the dealings with internal drama of BE. GDĀ feelsĀ weaker overall.Ā 

1 hour ago, Altrosa said:

Honestly, Iā€™ve noticed playing the Golden Deer route has made me like most of its unique cast LESS than I had otherwise. Most come off more like a personality quirk than a well rounded character, which is unique to the GD story, as Marianne and Lorenz were both awesome to me in my BL run. I think I may just dislike the GDā€™s dynamic over the old friendships of BL and the dealings with internal drama of BE. GDĀ feelsĀ weaker overall.Ā 

This seems to be a common critique I've seen among fans. I'm still on my GD run, but at this point have seen everyone's supports. It's hard to put in into words, but hardly any of the relationships btw the character feel trulyĀ "connected"??

I would say all of Lorenz's supports are really good, you actually feel the friendship built between him and these characters....I'd say the same for Lysithea too, enjoyed all her supports for the most part. Marianne was good in all her supports as well. Her self deprecating is a little annoying at first, but once you start getting Marianne's B and A supports with the other characters, she is much better. Her support with Lorenz was so heartwarming.

Hilda is pretty ok too? I like her find enough as a character. Yet a lot of her supports center around her brother. Still so mad the game never shows him. AĀ goddamned travesty lmao.Ā  I see so many fans on twitter treating Claude and Hilda like some OTP, but they just felt like good friends to me?Ā Their paired ending feels completely ooc for Claude too. Her support with Marianne was the best imo. Hilda's support with Caspar was also my favorite over all the GD guys. I personally found them to be perfect for each other.

Raphael's supports kind of fall into the same trap as Hilda, with his little sister being the main focus of his supports, but it didn't bother me as much because Raphael is such a positive dude. As a character I'm kinda mixed on him. He was a character I was really looking forward to, but he is kinda one-note. What you see is what you get. Hard to hate him though.

Igntaz is my biggest dislike>neutral. I know he has a lot of defenders in response to all the haters, but I could never bring myself to like him. Pretty lukewarm about most of his supports. I don't know what it is about him that I find so dis-likable, but I just do.

Leonie, yeah. I really don't like her. Her B support with Byleth was so god damn awful it really made me hate her. Really think the writers could have handled that better, because yikes. That support tainted my opinion of Leonie so badly, that I just didn't when going through her supports with the other characters. I'd just find myself quickly going through the dialogue to get it over with. Her supports with Seteh and Alois are ok though. Gonna try and get Leonie and Alois's paired ending together. Have read it and found it hysterical. It's what she deserves.

so Yeah, mixed feelings on the GD cast as a whole. I love Claude so much, he really carries the whole cast.