Near-complete recruitment guide + need some help!

Hey, just wanted to mention your requirements for recruiting Felix appear to be incorrect.

Your requirements say I should need C in Swords at B support to recruit him. But I'm at B support, and I was able to recruit him at D+ in Swords.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, BAMX said:

Hey, just wanted to mention your requirements for recruiting Felix appear to be incorrect.

Your requirements say I should need C in Swords at B support to recruit him. But I'm at B support, and I was able to recruit him at D+ in Swords. 

Check your support level with him in the dining or choir menu. The main UI (via the X menu) only shows C B or A level supports, but there are hidden C+ and B+ support ranks.

These ranks are invisible in that you get no notification when you reach them and they're not tied to any support conversations or any other mechanical bonuses. These are *not* the two-step support convos where there are little arrows above the letter, it's purely related to how many support points you have.

Edited by Humanoid

28 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Check your support level with him in the dining or choir menu. The main UI (via the X menu) only shows C B or A level supports, but there are hidden C+ and B+ support ranks.

These ranks are invisible in that you get no notification when you reach them and they're not tied to any support conversations or any other mechanical bonuses. These are *not* the two-step support convos where there are little arrows above the letter, it's purely related to how many support points you have.

I did. It's in the video I posted.

5 minutes ago, BAMX said:

I did. It's in the video I posted.

Whoops, silly me didn't even realise it was a video. I can't explain it. Wonder if the support ranks aren't actually checked in the code, in which case it might be comparing a target value versus raw support points (say, 1-100 or perhaps even a larger number) in the code and you're right on the cusp.

Edited by Humanoid

I'm working on studying the Recruit thresholds to see what characters come out easiest, and I noticed that Dorothea, Felix and Ignatz have their thresholds negated- more accurately, reduced to less than what Byleth starts with- at B+ Rank using the rates given here on Serenes. (Also Caspar, but he's a special case.) Would I be right in guessing the game just ignores that and lets you get away with it?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply ^^;;

@BAMX

Thanks, I've corrected the table. Not sure why it's like that for his B support...

@bethany81707

Essentially, it's a free pass. But if somebody hacked the game to lower Byleth's starting stats/skill levels, the game would probably complain if you didn't meet the requirements.

It's worth noting that a higher support rank also reduces the level requirement for recruiting Church of Seiros members as well, and just like the students, having an A rank through NG+ allows you to recruit them without any requirements, as long as you're at the required chapter in the story.

General Tips: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bpVSPRKTXjmQWvldgQiUT81ODS4GHtM1hPgE4FbUAuY

Character-specific Tips: https://drive.google.com/open?id=188a31c_HDj4IF_jkSbxN0jBCnVjLdlJtq5QSD2zQi8s

I would've shared these on Serenes sooner, but I've been the last to post in this topic until now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Spectrum said:

Do you need to complete the side story to unlock the characters in the main story? I got the message that I can recruit them in Part I after beating chapter 6, but do they stay till the end?

I believe so, yes.