Favorite Quotes (Potential Spoilers)

nhaer042

I've never been a huge fan of any of the writing in the Fire Emblem games. It's usually serviceable at best. For the most part this game falls into that category but I'll admit there were a number of times where the writing in this game really struck me with how good it was. So, I thought it would be fun to post your favorite lines from the game and explain what made them stand out. Please use the spoiler tag if you think it's necessary.

Spoiler

This line is easily my favorite in the game. The first part of the scene lost me when I first saw it but got my attention when Dimitri returned the dagger. I really liked this line because it first of all because I think it's really sweet but I also think it helps add some nuance to the conflict. I played Blue Lions first so I didn't think to highly of Edelgard at first. Yet this line shows that while she may be doing evil things she isn't necessarily an evil person and still cares for people that are her enemies. It's a very sweet and genuinely heartfelt moment which adds a nice bit of bittersweetness to the plot. I just love it to death.

image.thumb.png.0b5456a03b2acd60b02d9c35bb169c06.png

Spoiler

This one I just like because unhinged Dimitri is best Dimitri.

image.thumb.png.288ea4d2bfb8af996bb86981b451d1a8.png

Looking forward to seeing what lines were your favorite! Have fun!

So far...

My favorite has to be in Flayn and Sylvain's C support where Flayn says Seteth said Sylvain flirts with horses and chickens when there aren't any girls around. LMAO really Seteth? XD Sylvain had a wtf-like reaction too. lol

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So far...

My favorite has to be in Flayn and Sylvain's C support where Flayn says Seteth said Sylvain flirts with horses and chickens when there aren't any girls around. LMAO really Seteth? XD Sylvain had a wtf-like reaction too. lol

The bit where Ingrid mentions Sylvain flirted with her grandmother is pretty amusing too.

31 minutes ago, nhaer042 said:

The bit where Ingrid mentions Sylvain flirted with her grandmother is pretty amusing too.

I didn't go the Blue Lions route or recruit Ingrid (yet), so I never saw that, but that is hilarious. You're even into old ladies, Sylvain? lol

So far one of my favourites has come from Linhardt and Byleth's A-support

Spoiler

"People like you, who listen to my blathering and then nod and smile as though what I say matters? People like you are very precious to me."

Still not sure if I was meant to laugh, feel sad, or feel flattered at that one. It's very Linhardt-ish.

Sylvain's support with Dedue as well:

"A person can't be judged by the worst of their kind. Or where would any of us be?"

"The way I figure it, if I can't be respected, I can at least be well informed."

3 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Sylvain's support with Dedue as well:

"A person can't be judged by the worst of their kind. Or where would any of us be?"

"The way I figure it, if I can't be respected, I can at least be well informed."

When Sylvain shines, he really shines. His B Supports with Byleth and Mercedes are my favorites of his. 

Really early in the game, you find Lorenz in the Cathedral. He asks you if you came to pray, and if you just say "sure", he calls you out with "you don't sound so sure?". I dunno, just a rare moment where I felt the game felt like catching the player on bullshit dialogue choices. Though you later are told Byleth really has no experience with the land's premiere religion, so Lorenz is genuinely speaking to Byleth there. I choose to believe it has double meaning, though.