• Lysithia
    • Flayn
    • Manuala
    • Shamir
    • Catherine
    • Hanneman
    • Cyril
    • No one ;(

Dancers have 6 move which is great. Annette though ...if I got her early (which won't be on this route) I'd be tempted to make a CYL Annette meme build, Fortress Knight with magic weapons. Shame about the weakness in Heavy Armour skill.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever gets stat screwed. Dancer stats are irrelevant past the charm needed to win the competition (13 iirc). When is your dancer not going to dance every turn? They don't need to be good at anything, which means you don't want them to be a unit with good stats.

The Dancer is a utility class. It can use magic and has sword-related combat arts and abilities. The class gives a boost to Charm and its combat art Sword Dance uses Charm to boost damage.

The best fitting candidates should be those who are proficient in both swords and faith with high charm.

Dorothea (budding talent faith), Lysiethea (budding talent swords), and Marianne are the only people who qualify. Manuela cannot be made into a Dancer, although she does qualify. Of these 3, Lysithea has much better things to do than dance.

Thus, Dorothea and Marianne are the best choices. They both have decent Charm growths to take advantage of Sword Dance (and Dorothea has one of the highest bases). They both learn Physic at C. Marianne also learns Silence. 

Sword Dance is a bit redundant with Soulblade for Marianne, but she uses Blutgang and gets Beast Fang, which is the best weapon to use as a utility Faith/Sword Dancer. Dorothea can still use it, but it does make her take damage since she does not have a crest (this can be fixed in NG+). A high charm Blutgang Sword Dance makes the Dancer a utility mage an actual sword threat if needed.

Dorothea's budding talent gives White Magic Avo +20, which pairs really nicely with the classes Sword Avo +20 to basically always give you Avo +20, even when using different classes. To me, this is the reason why she's the best Dancer. She also learns Meteor if you train reason, which is a great offensive utility spell (especially for units that tend to fall behind others). 

7 minutes ago, ra2bk said:

Dorothea's budding talent gives White Magic Avo +20, which pairs really nicely with the classes Sword Avo +20 to basically always give you Avo +20, even when using different classes. To me, this is the reason why she's the best Dancer. She also learns Meteor if you train reason, which is a great offensive utility spell (especially for units that tend to fall behind others). 

Yeah but when is White Magic Avoid ever going to have a role? You'd have to have white magic equipped to use it, and the only white magic Dorothea gets is Nosferatu, which is straight up garbage. I honestly think it might be the worst budding talent of all, that skill has literally 0 use unless I'm missing something, if not for the fact that it's useful to get to gremory.

Marianne is my dancer for this playthrough for the following reasons:

Proficiency with swords

Personal sword

Proficiency in faith magic and excellent faith magic spell list

Lysithea, the other obvious candidate, is too good of a magic attacker for me to relegate to a support role. I'd much rather have Lysithea as a primary attack mage, Linhardt as a primary healer, and Marianne as a dancer & secondary attacker (with Levin Sword) or healer (with physic).

Most of the same qualities also apply to Ignatz, but me no likey Ignatz.

Edited by Etheus

1 hour ago, timon said:

Yeah but when is White Magic Avoid ever going to have a role? You'd have to have white magic equipped to use it, and the only white magic Dorothea gets is Nosferatu, which is straight up garbage. I honestly think it might be the worst budding talent of all, that skill has literally 0 use unless I'm missing something, if not for the fact that it's useful to get to gremory.

I was thinking Heal/Physic got equipped after you used them like weapons change when you attack with a new one, but you're probably right that they don't. Does make it less of a factor. Mine didn't get put into harms way basically ever, so I haven't actually noticed.

Edited by ra2bk

First playthrough as Black Eagles I went Dorothea because it made the most sense. Dorothea mainly played as support for Assassin Petra, and the duo were extremely effective.

Second playthrough as Blue Lions I went Lysithea for kicks. I used a lot of statboosters on Lysithea and she annihilated enemies while in her Dancer class, mostly wielding a Levin Sword+. If you are willing to overlook the Dancer growths, the extra movement the class offers is pretty nice for spellcasters. Lysithea did use the Dancer command on the rare occassion, but was mostly on the front lines killing everything in sight.

My current 3rd playthrough is the Golden Deer. I'm probably going to make Hilda my dancer, but I doubt I'll actually use the class this run. I'm probably going to keep Hilda as a Warrior, although making her into a Wyvern Rider / Wyvern Lord is extremely tempting...
For future runs, I plan on making Ingrid and Edelgard dancers (solely for aesthetics), as well as Petra to make use of that Sword Avoid +20 as an Assassin. Petra is already a crit machine and a dodge tank, so why not take it further?

On my first playthrough I made Ferdinand my Dancer, my logic being that he was my least useful unit whose character I actually liked, meaning Dancer was a great way to ensure he stayed on the team forever despite his mediocre stats (RNG screwed). That'll probably be my philosophy in future runs too, though I do kinda like the idea of making someone who can make better use of Sword Avo +20 into one. It only just clicked with me that that's probably why Dorothea has a good sword rank.

I made Felix into a dancer and have really enjoyed it. I love that I can keep him the front lines closer to everyone because he's capable of defending himself (most won't even choose to target him) instead of having a weak dancer in the back worried about any enemy that might approach. I also like that he can heal when neccessary since this game (GD at least) has really encouraged splitting up which means my dedicated healer can't alway be there to heal someone far away. And he has the relatively rare restore which has been a blessing for all those pesky gambits and poison weapons.

In the future I would like to make Caspar and Hubert into dancers for aesthetic purposes.

I went with Caspar because it was funny.  Turns out not being made of paper is a Good Thing, since he could dance on the front lines without worry.  Plus, anyone that made fun of him was punched in the face.

My Lorenz was pitted against Ferdinand and Mercedes and won in a cliffhanger, with Shamir (that traitor) voting for Ferdinand. Tsk.

My sister on the other hand also nominated Lorenz, who won in a clean sweep against Caspar and Dedue. Makes me wonder if the game genuinely took into account the charm stat of your opponents. I thought at first the game always gave a vote to a competitor to try to psych you out.

I picked Flayn on my BE Edelgard route... highly regretting it. Should've picked Annette, Marianne or Dorothea.

Warp with Lysithea, dance for Lysithea, Warp Lysithea with Linhardt, Warp with Lysithea again to kill the boss. GG Fire Emblem.

15 hours ago, timon said:

You should try out nosferatank Byleth sometime. It takes a while to get going, but once it's there, not much that can stop it. White tomefaire from Holy knight helps.

4 hours ago, Cysx said:

You should try out nosferatank Byleth sometime. It takes a while to get going, but once it's there, not much that can stop it. White tomefaire from Holy knight helps.

XD Nosferatank Byleth is AMAZING XD mine was a grimory

I made my Hilda a dancer, which I didn't regret because she looked cute in the costume. However, I did miss out on her battlefield potential. She could still kill enemies no problem, which was a problem. I realized she would've been better off as a combatant rather than a supporter. I know Hilda wants to be the dancer of your army, but she should really be the Great Knight/Wyvern Lord/Falcon Knight/ Bow Knight/etc.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I made my Hilda a dancer, which I didn't regret because she looked cute in the costume. However, I did miss out on her battlefield potential. She could still kill enemies no problem, which was a problem. I realized she would've been better off as a combatant rather than a supporter. I know Hilda wants to be the dancer of your army, but she should really be the Great Knight/Wyvern Lord/Falcon Knight/ Bow Knight/etc.

I also made my Hilda a dancer for my GD playthrough. However, it’s because I wanted to channel her inner Serra and made her into a magic user. Since dancers can also use magic, she’s able to heal, dance or finish off enemies at a distance if needed (since she has access to Thoron).Her def, spd and hp is also high enough to tank a hit or two. She’s obviously not the best magic user in the game, but she’s doing better than I expected.

I might switch her back into a mage to boost her mag growth when she unlocks Bolting though.

Edited by zuibangde

9 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I also made my Hilda a dancer for my GD playthrough. However, it’s because I wanted to channel her inner Serra and made her into a magic user. Since dancers can also use magic, she’s able to heal, dance or finish off enemies at a distance if needed (since she has access to Thoron).Her def, spd and hp is also high enough to tank a hit or two. She’s obviously not the best magic user in the game, but she’s doing better than I expected.

I might switch her back into a mage to boost her mag growth when she unlocks Bolting though.

I had mine dabble in magic as well and honestly, that little Heal she does was nice sometimes.

So far, I went Dorothea on Golden Deer, Annette on Black Eagles (All-Girls) and Hilda on Blue Lions.

Dorothea and Annette were solid, but Hilda's not been particularly magically inclined (she has to resort to Thoron to kill weakened things) and I haven't gotten her Bolting yet. I only chose Hilda largely for the inherent humour in having my three House runs have a dancer from another house.

I've made a point to give Dancer to a different, main house unit on each run. Annette was a fine dancer on my Blue Lions playthrough. Doro on Black Eagles. Lysithea, now, on Golden Deer. The extra movement is quite nice for casters, and on that note I also make a point to give the Boots to my dancer each run, if only so they can keep in step with mounted units better.

However...I'm thinking now that Felix could be funny for a more physically oriented take on the role, perhaps for my next BL run. xD

I went with Flayn in BL and I just picked Dorothea in BE .  

For Flayn, it was the only way she was getting on the team during any given battle.  As a combat unit she's pretty bad, and she was also outshined by Mercedes as a healer.  But she helped out as a dancer, particularly by helping Annette and Dedue keep up with the fight.  

I don't really plan to use the class in BE.  Nobody even wants the sword avo boost because nobody is using swords except Byleth, who is ineligible.  I gave it to Dorothea for canon.  I don't know what class she'll end up in (she doesn't fit anything particularly well, though she's gotten very good mag growths thus far so at least there's that), but it definitely isn't Dancer.  

Edited by Roc

As I've mentioned before, I completely missed the chance to in BL~ When I go back to play it, I guess I'll make it Flayn? She seems to be a popular choice for it and she sure as hell wasn't the best Holy Knight so ANYTHING would be nice for her, honestly. I guess Annette would be a good option but I'd rather her be a Gremory~

In GD, I went for Lysithea and she was great~ She had the ring which gave her extra Mov so she could either dance someone who needed it or nuke something~ Since she was good at Swords and Magic, it seemed like the best choice~

BE...I'm really struggling to think of who to give it to and I'm almost just considering Linhardt because IDK who wants it. I'd rather Dorothea keep Gremory. I may just recruit Marianne and have her do it since I really can't think of who else to give it to.

as someone who has been team dancer, i tend to find - I don't really use dancer a lot. 
on GD, i made it Lysithea (which ended up being a waste, because then she learned gremory and never danced again)

On BL I turned Dorothea (which worked for some maps) - but then i tend to do "Original Students Only" on the last few maps -so she got left behind (and i didn't go "Gee golly, wish i still had a dancer!!") 

so now with BE-I am like. do i just make Dorothea a dancer again? (she was relatively good at it). I do intend to get Marianne (and she was really great for me as a mortal savant (insanely good) so being a dancer with her spell list also makes sense. 

(LOL nostoftank Byleth. I always kinda wanted to do a magic-byleth, she probably could be great at it, but I love her as a Falcon Knight WAY too much. Byleth ate the last BL bossmap, armed with Parthia vs all those mages, warriors etc and it was literally a sight to behold... i really wish she got a better magic list)

Edited by daisy jane