Need a good strategy Golden Deer Finale

Hard Mode Classic

I got a bit tired and started skipping months some time after the second battle of the three houses and just started one turning later chapters with Byleth and others.

Unit Stats

Spoiler

Byleth

lvl 45 Wyvern Lord

STR 38 Mag 30 dex 31 spd 32 lck 32 def 29 res 23 cha 37 hp 55

Claude

Lvl 43 Barbarossa

Str 39 mag 15 dex 38 spd 32 lck 26 def 23 res 21 cha 32 hp 56

Hilda

lvl 41 wyvern lord

str 36 mag 16 dex 23 spd 36 lck 24 def 25 res 12 cha 32 hp 63

Raphael

lvl 39 Grappler

Str 34 mag 12 dex 24 spd 23 lck 20 def 29 res 10 cha 17 hp 66

Felix

lvl 39 swordmaster

str 38 mag 16 dex 24 spd 41 lck 18 def 16 res 10 cha 19 hp 54

Lysithea

lvl 39 Dancer/Warlock/Gremory

str 18 mag 41 dex 31 spd 36 lck 19 def 23 res 22 Cha 29 Hp 37

Seteth 

lvl 36 Wyvern Rider

Str 36 mag 18 Dex 25 spd 28 lck 19 def 26 res 13 cha 28 hp 57

Leonie 

lvl 37 Bow knight

str 31 nag 10 dex 34 spd 32 lck 20 def 23 res 11 cha 25 hp 55

Shamir

lvl 36 Bow knight

str 29 mag 14 dex 41 spd 23 lck 31 def 17 res 10 cha 22

Marriane 

lvl 26 Bishop

str 10 mag 31 dex 16 spd 19 lck 19 def 12 res 23 cha 17 hp 43

Rest of the units aren't worth mentioning as they fell off and I stopped using them. Can't really find an area to put my units without having them all get dogpiled by relic bearing units and haven't had much luck not losing a unit once the entire map charges.

I have two saves, I can go as far back as the attack on the fortress held by the deathknight or the assault on Shambala.

Nevermind, think I got it.

Edited by CyberNinja

I found this chapter very easy with a crew of lv 40-43, and I also just hit seminars for the last months because I was bored of monastery stuff and didn't feel a need to grind for exp. That said a lot of your guys are missing master classes, so you may not be able to breeze through like I did. Let's talk about the map first, as the boss is the real challenge.

• Enemies in this chapter are not in a hurry to move toward you, and some of the Elites cannot move at all making them easy to attack and then canto out of range. Seriously Turn 1 might give you a false sense of urgency with so many guys immediately bearing down on you. 
  • Once it's time to push forward, Everybody should be taking the south edge of the swamp over toward the boss. Bow knights can hit a lot from the swamp edge and safely canto back out of range. Fliers as well, if they can survive the ballistae. 
  • At one point you'll fight the mage Odessee standing on the south side. Upon killing him, Claude implied he will stop summoning monsters. I didn't even know that's what his role was, so I guess you've got a lot of time before you have to worry about that. Still, knock him out quickly.
  • Once you take out all 10 elites, the boss becomes vulnerable and the swamp dissipates, letting you stand in it safely. 
  • Before attacking the boss, take your time doing whatever you need, as he will start moving once provoked. And you want him to move off his throne so he doesn't heal 40HP each turn.
  • I don't have much good advice for the boss tbh, his stats are all very high besides his speed. I recommend having somebody sturdy go in for a gambit who can canto out and lure him off the throne. If I remember correctly his AS is 30, so a lot of your guys will get doubled. Your Byleth has eight speed more than mine did so he should be able to contribute with a strong weapon. Claude should also get in some excellent damage savely, and Lysithea's Luna should score a clean 50 HP for the kill.
  • Debuffs don't work on the boss.
  • I don't know what's in the chest behind the boss. But you can safely check while everybody's getting in position to fight him.

Nah, I tried again and they kinda folded like a house of cards, I think I just rolled bad because half my team didn't get immediately wiped on turn two, and I don't really think I modified my strategy THAT much. Even my 26-mid 30s could do something. 

Ah, well alright then. Yeah I think it's a very easy final chapter. It's just the boss that I found to be unreasonable. Most of my guys either died to his counterattacks or failed to do a single point of damage even if they did survive. Feels like his damage and defense are about ten points higher than they'd ought to be because everybody else on this map doesn't really put up a fight. I'd rather a final map be easy instead of just having no consistency in its difficulty.

Windsweep is your friend for Byleth boss duels. Stride Warped Byleth into Edelgard's throne and ORKO her with a windsweep Sword of the Creator, it really does't need that bonus crit. Beat Nemesis with Hilda's relic art and Byleth followup. Surprisingly easy for the intimidating statline (he'd slaughter claude in counter) Nice that the cutscene more or less followed my reality.

2 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Windsweep is your friend for Byleth boss duels. Stride Warped Byleth into Edelgard's throne and ORKO her with a windsweep Sword of the Creator, it really does't need that bonus crit. Beat Nemesis with Hilda's relic art and Byleth followup. Surprisingly easy for the intimidating statline (he'd slaughter claude in counter) Nice that the cutscene more or less followed my reality.

Hold up, this game has windsweep. How do you get it?