Xane Randomizer: FE3 Randomizer

willl

Hello!

After a (absurd) amount of time, the first version of the FE3 randomizer is finally here!

Download of the lasted version:

https://github.com/theonlywilll/XaneRandomizer

The randomizer supports randomization for playable units including class, stats, items and supports! For enemies you can randomize their classes, have a chance to them drop a random item, increase their level and stats. Also some other nice options like shop randomization and 0% growth. Of course, you can choose to the randomizer create a log to keep track of the changes.

What ROM to use? And what translation patch?
When using the randomizer, you will need to choose a ROM. In fact, it can be (almost) any ROM!

IMPORTANT: You need a headered version of the ROM!

If you can't find a headered version anywhere, you can simply just download a software like TUSH and add a header easily.

This is compatible with a totally clean japanese FE3 ROM, both version 1.0 and 1.1. Also, it works with translations patches. 

The randomizer will use whatever ROM you choose, so to use a translated ROM you need to have one first. Same thing if you want to play with a clean ROM in japanese.

Compatible translations patches:

Updated translation patch v1.3 by Quirino

Bugfix update by Robert of Normandy (recommended)

For more in-depth information, you can read the readme.txt that is included with the download or go here!

Spoiler

image.png.89c23bc0ac2ffa65801d14f06032209b.png

A badly cropped image of the GUI.

gazzak.png?raw=true

Gazzak in his new fancy Knight class.

unknown.png

A very angry bishop.

If you want to suggest features, feel free to do so. Oh, also please report bugs! It can be here or the github page.

Credits to the people that made the original FE3 nightmare modules, updated them and made even new ones, and the japanese community for making a immense documentation on the game. 

A big thank you to these people, and a sorry for them for sufferring through the spaghetti FE3 code.

Edited by willl

• 5 months later...

This may sound a bit silly, but where's the application? I downloaded the files, but I can't figure out how to run the randomizer. I opened every file and none of them lead to the GUI pictured above. It has nothing to do with the rom because I've been playing a translated version already.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:25 AM, Doobius said:

This may sound a bit silly, but where's the application? I downloaded the files, but I can't figure out how to run the randomizer. I opened every file and none of them lead to the GUI pictured above. It has nothing to do with the rom because I've been playing a translated version already.

https://github.com/theonlywilll/XaneRandomizer/releases/latest

Download the .7z file, not the source code.

this is so underrated. I love fe3 and am so happy something like this exists. is there any plan for randomized recruitment or is that too difficult with fe3's code?

27 minutes ago, forsettipatty said:

this is so underrated. I love fe3 and am so happy something like this exists. is there any plan for randomized recruitment or is that too difficult with fe3's code?

It is totally possible, and it was planned. But for now i'm taking a break from hacking in general, and since this was my first project ever I really don't like the code, so I tried rewriting it but i'm not in the mood for that. Maybe i'm going back to it someday, but i'm busy with other projects now.

• 9 months later...

@willl Hey, love the software. Been having a super fun time with it. I was just wondering if it is possible after you randomized your mod, to find out what the growth rates and stuff end up being for each character. I was just curious as to what they turned out to be.

Edit: nvm, figured it out. You got to tick the log box when you randomize. 

Edited by Whitfield1999

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, DaeinsNationalDebt said:

This Github link is dead, is there anyone that has a link or download to this now or is it lost media? There is one for Book 1 but this is the only Book 2 randomizer that I'm aware of.

Thanks to a user on Mekkah's Discord server, I was able to get a download to this. Enjoy!

XaneRandomizerV1.1.2.zip