Why can't Death Knight be killed?

I killed the Death Knight every time he showed up in my Hard!BE playthrough. Having a horseslayer really helps, though IDK if your can get one that early without NG+. Also use Gambits to get him down statwise so that he potentially will at least not double your units.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SullyMcGully said:

I killed the Death Knight every time he showed up in my Hard!BE playthrough. Having a horseslayer really helps, though IDK if your can get one that early without NG+. Also use Gambits to get him down statwise so that he potentially will at least not double your units.

The first Horseslayer shows up in a chest on the third DK map if you're on NG.

It's still definitely possible to kill him without it though. Having a lance user is really nice, since you get Knightkneeleras a combat art. Especially if you're BL or are playing as female Byleth, since with Sylvain in your party you get access to the Lance of Ruin before the second DK fight, which has a ridiculous amount of might.

Just one shot KO'd him with Thunderstrike Cassandra and her relic on the second map he appears in. Even on hard mode, he isn't that big a deal.

Sure, she CH'd, be she was going to leave him with like 4 HPs if she hadn't.

Edited by Vince777

Actually just came up with another Roundabout way to one shot him. Any unit with Vengeance potentially can. Its just not easy to Setup. Vengeance adds 1 damage per lost HP. Sadly Dedue has not enough HP in Chapter 4. But later on he has enough to hit big. But it might be possible for Dedue to one Hit Death Knight in Chapter 4 on normal New Game. He just needs all investment into Lance at the beginning. Also there isn't any Weapon which deals Damage to himself at the beginning of the game, which makes it more difficult to setup. 

Bernadetta lacks the HP at the beginning and Cyril comes a bit late for this.. But Bernadetta could have a chance on the second map he appears or later...need to test this on my next playthrough.

Edited by Stroud

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2019 at 9:08 PM, Anacybele said:

Seriously, why? He's holding a Dark Seal that he would drop if he died, and you want to kill him in chapter 12 to open up the eastern side of the map for allied reinforcements.

But no matter what you do, he criticals whoever you attack him with. Divine Pulse doesn't do shit either, he just keeps criticaling your unit over and over and over. What are you supposed to fucking do here? This is infuriating. I have to restart the map ALL OVER after I got really far into it. Seriously unfair.

I'm not trying to just rant or anything, I'm just really really annoyed at this right now. I feel like quitting the game entirely and not going back for a good long time. I have NO idea what to do otherwise.

Hey no): don't quit!! You've got this! ❤️