Fire Emblem Three Houses Sales

17 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

I doubt Heroes made THAT much of an impact to the other big factors of its success because if so Echoes would've done a bit better and it got the main characters to promote that and didn't help it especially for the west. That being said unlike Echoes Three Houses was much more smarter giving us the central Protagonist completely free for buying the game and he's VERY good as well THAT'S how you market a mainline game for a mobile spin-off. Real major factors:

-Marketing especially after this E3 especially for the west.

-Amazing worldbuilding.

-Very well developed cast.

-Persona esqe familiarity with the school setting and semi silent Protagonist(yes the parallels were not the intention but for many this definitely helped).

-The 2nd part of the game got people interested again after a long drought of info for the west.

-Waifus moreso they're were properly made for this game not forced, natural, all very great and were a fantastic treat to marry Husbandos as well also properly implemented marriage.

-The best Avatar Protagonist we gotten(well except Female Byleth's design for some but still).

-Great gameplay massive replayability.

-The leaks: while I don't really consider this as a major factor it help bring back interest for some.

Overall this is my favorite FE game of all time and the fact that this is the most well received and successful FE game ever just makes me content!

Man Awakening my favorite but damn I want to try three houdes so bad waiting for the switch lite

2 hours ago, Mikethemaster2018 said:

Man Awakening my favorite but damn I want to try three houdes so bad waiting for the switch lite

You probably should see if you can try 3H on handheld mode before buying if at all possible. I found it was terrible because the UI and font size seems optimised for TV-sized displays and I got uncomfortable levels of eyestrain pretty quickly. Granted I'm not so young anymore so my vision isn't the best, but the Switch Lite has an even smaller screen so just keep that in mind.

Another success message: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/fire_emblem_three_houses_experiences_best_digital_launch_in_franchises_history

it seems that 3H has (estimated) 800k sales in digitals alone. Adding the (physical) sale numbers from japan/US/europe onto that and we are surely somewhere between 1.5 - 2 Million in July alone. How much did the best FE until now sold? Outside Heroes ofc. - Fates with 3 Mil? Then I expect that 3H may quickly become the best selling FE game of all times.

1 hour ago, Nihilem said:

Then I expect that 3H may quickly become the best selling FE game of all times.

Not really surprising. Most first party games on Switch are breaking records for their series, no matter how good or bad their quality is (looking at Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party...).

On 8/17/2019 at 5:02 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

This isn't true; Heroes is less relevant now than it was in 2017 by quite a bit, see the Google Trends for the game. I know hardly anyone who plays Heroes now who didn't in 2017, while I know many people who have put the game down in the same interval. 

Guess that is true with the US, but seeing that a majority of sales for the game are from Japan, it is very likely steady over there. Also guess that it can be more attributed to Heroes doing more/better advertising for Three Houses than it did for Echoes.

3 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Not really surprising. Most first party games on Switch are breaking records for their series, no matter how good or bad their quality is (looking at Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party...).

Mario Party Switch is not outselling Mario party 8 and DS (the last good ones). And well I dont even know what Mario Tennis has as competition - if its only Ultra Smash then I am not surprised ....

7 hours ago, Nihilem said:

Another success message: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/08/fire_emblem_three_houses_experiences_best_digital_launch_in_franchises_history

it seems that 3H has (estimated) 800k sales in digitals alone. Adding the (physical) sale numbers from japan/US/europe onto that and we are surely somewhere between 1.5 - 2 Million in July alone. How much did the best FE until now sold? Outside Heroes ofc. - Fates with 3 Mil? Then I expect that 3H may quickly become the best selling FE game of all times.

Digital sales are the big one. The idea of "digital console games", especially on the 3DS, was still pretty young in 2012-2013. Comparing Awakening with FETH in terms of physical sales was never going to mean much, aside from being able to say "A game in 2019 being able to go toe to toe with a game from 2013 in physical sales is impressive!" Digital sales were always going to be where the full picture of FETH was.

4 hours ago, Nihilem said:

Mario Party Switch is not outselling Mario party 8 and DS (the last good ones). And well I dont even know what Mario Tennis has as competition - if its only Ultra Smash then I am not surprised ....

Sure, but Super Mario Party is still doing extremely well in compared to a majority of the games that had more content. As for Mario Tennis, Mario Tennis (for N64) and Mario Power Tennis (GameCube) are the ones to compare Aces to.

We're in the age of digital and those 800k downloads are pretty impressive for an FE game. Not surprised that they far outclass the physical sales, especially with Nintendo smartly reducing their physical stock and promoting the eshop whenever possible. 

• 1 year later...

Hello,

sorry for necroing this thread but i thought it is better then creating a new one with the same topic. So according to this video

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & Fire Emblem Three Houses Break Major Franchise Sales Records! + The Future!

Three Houses broke the 3 Million Sales Barrier and is therefore officially the best selling (non-mobile) Fire Emblem Game now 🥳

Does anyone now some official information about this (because i think it is hardly reported anywhere)?

I tried to do source research from the video but it brought me to an article and then to resetera where a member posted the numbers. According to twitter that seems tobe an industry insider, but i thought that maybe nintendo or IS had reports also oin this somewhere.

For reference, these sales numbers make Fire Emblem:

Bigger than Tales, which broke 1 million sales on its last 2 entries before reporting stopped.

Bigger than Xenoblade, which sold 2 million with XC2 and 1 million (so far) with XC DE.

Almost as big as Persona, which sold roughly 3.2 million units with the original P5.

8 hours ago, Nihilem said:

Hello,

sorry for necroing this thread but i thought it is better then creating a new one with the same topic. So according to this video

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 & Fire Emblem Three Houses Break Major Franchise Sales Records! + The Future!

Three Houses broke the 3 Million Sales Barrier and is therefore officially the best selling (non-mobile) Fire Emblem Game now 🥳

Does anyone now some official information about this (because i think it is hardly reported anywhere)?

I tried to do source research from the video but it brought me to an article and then to resetera where a member posted the numbers. According to twitter that seems tobe an industry insider, but i thought that maybe nintendo or IS had reports also oin this somewhere.

Sounds like a good reason to start a new topic