What gameplay elements should be kept/abandoned moving forward from here?

Jotari

Fire Emblem has a semi iterative approach when it comes to gameplay. Each game strives to do something new, while at same time evolving and building upon what came before (Gameboy and DS era excepting). So with that in mind, what elements introduced in Three Houses do you want to see kept as series standards, and what elements do you think should be left to this title alone? I think the new ideas presented in this game (or old ideas reconfigured in new ways that could become standard) would basically boil down to

-Battalions and Gambits

-Significantly reduced weapon limitations on classes

-Weapon level determining promotion

-Gauntlets as a weapon type

-Durability as a the resource for combat arts

-Legendary weapons being usable by anyone but having additional affects when used with their prf users

-Paralogues being side character focused (kind of really surprising the series took so long to do this. Really wish they'd thought of it in Shadow Dragon)

-Giant enemies

-Tomeless Magic regenerating each map

-Enemy aggro indicators

As far as things Three Houses has established as a pattern and made a standard for the series, I think something like Mila's Turnwheel/Time Pulses will be in all games henceforth. They're probably not going to branch the whole multiple paths thing started in Fates any time soon, remakes aside. Some kind of camp based exploration mechanic is also likely to be in all future games in some form. We might also be seeing an end to proc based skills in Fire Emblem as combat arts become dominant. Only time will tell. And finally I doubt they'll abandon personal skills going forth unless they pull another reset and remove skills entirely.

Curiously Three Houses has abandoned one of the most recognizable staples of the series in the form of the weapon triangle. I'm guessing that's just a one time thing though. Heroes is going strong with weapon triangle as a huge focus of its game design.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flexible class systems should be kept if it makes sense in the narrative; I fear it will become a Children 2.0 where they keep it in the next game but it makes a lot less sense in the narrative; but if they find a unique way of implementing it again I'd love to see it return.

Battalions should stay; but the gambit system could maybe change a bit; there's a lot of unique gameplay stuff they could do with the battalion system moving forward.

I used Divine Pulse a LOT. Which is strange because I'm not sure if I remember Mila's Turnwheel at all in SoV. Anyways, I am now spoiled and don't want to play without it.

Also the exploration and interaction with characters is a huge step up. It doesn't solve all problems I have with the series, because ultimately anyone not a main lord cannot contribute significantly to the plot because they must be at all times expendable, but at least being able to see and hear from them other than just from supports and a throwaway line during the obligatory roll calls in scenes is HUGE and they mostly did a stellar job with that. Keeping side characters at arms length with the plot is a necessity of the classic FE formula of life and death, and I'm not calling for that to change because there's a lot of appeal with that design and a lot of people love FE for this exact reason, but some things are lost doing this and there needs to be some of this interaction/exploration to give the cast some weight.

Edited by Holder of the Heel

my opinions:

-No batallions, and consequentially no gambits

-No enemies occupying more than 1 space (ashera with her barrier is ok, beasts are not ok, they're just incredibly boring)

-No legendary weapons for everyone: they're legendary, they're not something everyone should use so carelessly

-No weapon ranking-depending class change: not being able to promote mercedes into a holy knight with 70% chance while managing to make wyvern lord hilda at 30% is just stupid and unnecessarily rng

-No turn-reversing mechanic implemented into the story: not everything must be contestualized, many things can stay simply as tools for the player, such as mila's turnwheel which is just there, it's not part of the plot and no one (with a working brain) complained about alm not using it when the old man dies

i'm ok with pretty much everything else except for children and avatars, but probably the latter is now impossible to remove from the series

Edited by Yexin

4 minutes ago, Yexin said:

my opinions:

-No batallions, and consequentially no gambits

-No enemies occupying more than 1 space (ashera with her barrier is ok, beasts are not ok, they're just incredibly boring)

-No legendary weapons for everyone: they're legendary, they're not something everyone should use so carelessly

-No weapon ranking-depending class change: not being able to promote mercedes into a holy knight with 70% chance while managing to make wyvern lord hilda at 30% is just stupid and unnecessarily rng

-No turn-reversing mechanic implemented into the story: not everything must be contestualized, many things can stay simply as tools for the player, such as mila's turnwheel which is just there, it's not part of the plot and no one (with a working brain) complained about alm not using it when the old man dies

i'm ok with pretty much everything else except for children and avatars, but probably the latter is now impossible to remove

Can we even call Blyeth an avatar? There's like zero customization options aside from gender (and a DLC outfit that suits the male version rather well imo). They're basically just a silent protagonist with some of the avatar codified sue worship.

Edited by Jotari

i would say byleth is more avatar than both robin, kris and corrin combined

yes s/he's a major plot character, just like robin and corrin, but s/he's also you, in a sense

you decide what s/he should say during supports and normal conversation, you decide what path s/he should take and so on

except for being actually relevant for the story (which imo doesn't allow the player to feel fully "merge" with the avatar), s/he reminds me a lot of pokemon trainers, who are silent because they're meant to simply be a device through which players can act in the pokemon world

- Battalions, or a similiar concept that let battles feel like real battles and not "20 guys have now conquered this city"

- Magic Spell Variation

- Activatable Abillities

- Zooming (but please with more steps in between - I always liked to zoom where i saw the whole army but there it was zoomed way to much in)

- Divine Pulse (or a similar concept)

- Boss Monsters

Edited by Nihilem

I would say Robin is the best protagonist, Corrin the worst, and Byleth in between. So I guess you could say that a speaking avatar unit is big risk, big reward depending on how well they write the character. I just like Robin's genius tactician trope that sometimes comes out. An avatar who acts like the protagonist of Detective Conan is ideal to me for a game like this.

As far as gameplay, I see no reason why the weapon triangle was removed from this game at all. It adds nothing to the gameplay with its removal. I find the early game of Three Houses to be fairly brain-dead without the WT. Even though your WT decision-making is more busy work than anything, it's the kind that I enjoy, similar to keeping tabs on inventory with your breakable weapons. I would also like to add that the WT is most welcome in a game where any unit can use any weapon they like.

I like the concept of gambits but I think they should evolve into something else. Instead of just raw attacks, I think it would be interesting if they were sort of like building blocks of sorts. For instance, in Awakening when Robin sets fire to the fleet to ram the other ships and set them on fire, I feel like that could be a gambit that is pieced together organically by the player. There could be gambit tools that do literally nothing on their own, like "oil," "gunpowder," "rope," etc. And only when you combine them in certain contexts, you create a manoeuvre that can swing the tides in your favor, but it can be hard to figure out, or could backfire.

As for Divine Pulse, we'll have to see how Lunatic mode handles it. I think hard mode offers way, way too many charges. I only ever needed to DP 3 times in any given map on my first playthrough. Some of the later battles seem to last longer in this game, with more opportunities to screw up, so I guess they figured players would need as many. But FE veterans shouldn't have any difficulty not using DP in this game. I just want the game to be balanced around not having it, but then to just give one or two charges just in case you make silly errors on huge maps.

6 minutes ago, Nihilem said:

- Battalions, or a similiar concept that let battles feel like real battles and not "20 guys have now conquered this city"

- Magic Spell Variation

- Activatable Abillities

- Zooming (but please with more steps in between - I always liked to zoom where i saw the whole army but there it was zoomed way to much in)

- Divine Pulse (or a similar concept)

- Boss Monsters

It's a small thing, and I almost never made use of it for more than a few minutes because maps just looked weird outside of the default configuration, but I really like how you can completely rotate and angle the camera. I'm hoping at some point they'll expand on this and give us a few maps with a third dimension to them. Ie, bridges you can stand on and under at the same time with the elevation mechanics form Radiant Dawn applying.

3 minutes ago, Natsu_T said:

As for Divine Pulse, we'll have to see how Lunatic mode handles it. I think hard mode offers way, way too many charges. I only ever needed to DP 3 times in any given map on my first playthrough. Some of the later battles seem to last longer in this game, with more opportunities to screw up, so I guess they figured players would need as many. But FE veterans shouldn't have any difficulty not using DP in this game. I just want the game to be balanced around not having it, but then to just give one or two charges just in case you make silly errors on huge maps.

I agree.There were way too many Divine Pulses. I'm not sure when or where you get them (one from Sothis's paralogue in the red valley at least), but by mid game I seemed to have more than Shadows of Valentia's end game. And Shadow of Valentia's number of charges were cut in half for most of the game via being two separate routes. You only get a full ten for Duma and Thabes. Time Pulse has basically become a crutch for me that makes me way sloppier in how I approach a map. I could just not use them (and like you I barely did in Shadows of Valentia), but the game provides and I take'th.

Batallions and gambits: I'm pretty neutral on these. They certainly weaken enemy phase a bit since you can't counter them. I think they were implemented reasonably well but if they disappeared I wouldn't miss them. Not sure I'd keep the stat mods they provide.

Reduced weapon limitations: I enjoyed this. Yes, let me use my bow flier if I want.

Gauntlets: Seemed fine.

Weapon durability: I generally think weapon durability is a poor way to balance things and would rather see it gone, though it kinda worked with the legendaries in this game.

Giant enemies: A good mechanic because it makes the final bosses much more interesting than they usually are. I also liked how on "Defeat Commander(s)" missions you had to choose whether it was worth killing the big meatbags or not.

Divine Pulse: I'm really mixed about this one. I kinda like it and am growing accustomed to it, but I can't help but feel it is taking away from some of the gravity of my tactical decisions, now I can afford to make mistakes. IMO they're certainly way too generous with its uses. I think I'd like to see it limited a bit more (at least on higher difficulties), and do NOT increase its uses as the game goes on. I think I'd also make it run off some sort of energy instead of a fixed number of uses, where it costs more to rewind past the previous enemy phase than it does to rewind if you just realize you misclicked or moved someone to a stupid square.

Weapon triangle: Please bring this back. The earlygame gameplay was significantly more boring without it.

Certifications: I don't like how they're RNG, they're much too important to leave up to that. Keep the thresholds based on ranks, but make it all-or-nothing, just like being Level 10 was all-or-nothing to promote in the GBA games.

Silent mains: Please make them go away. (Except that I suspect that making the player character a blank slate is what empowered the writers to make the actual lords fascinating non-traditional characters, so maybe I should be grateful.)

5 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Divine Pulse: I'm really mixed about this one. I kinda like it and am growing accustomed to it, but I can't help but feel it is taking away from some of the gravity of my tactical decisions, now I can afford to make mistakes. IMO they're certainly way too generous with its uses. I think I'd like to see it limited a bit more (at least on higher difficulties), and do NOT increase its uses as the game goes on. I think I'd also make it run off some sort of energy instead of a fixed number of uses, where it costs more to rewind past the previous enemy phase than it does to rewind if you just realize you misclicked or moved someone to a stupid square.

I actually think the opposite might be better. The further you go back in time the more resources you save. Being able to cheaply go back just one move opens up to rigging crits and hits to succeed. But going back several turns means you're losing a lot of time invested to progress so far. It'd make knowing exactly when to go back to a much more careful decision.

Then again sometimes you do just plain fuck up and accidentally move the wrong unit, being able to correct that is nice.

8 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Divine Pulse: I'm really mixed about this one. I kinda like it and am growing accustomed to it, but I can't help but feel it is taking away from some of the gravity of my tactical decisions, now I can afford to make mistakes. IMO they're certainly way too generous with its uses. I think I'd like to see it limited a bit more (at least on higher difficulties), and do NOT increase its uses as the game goes on. 

This made me realize how I think I would prefer Divine Pulse. Instead of having them on a per-chapter basis, what if they were like the freeze staff from Conquest where you have a certain amount of uses for your entire playthrough frontloaded. It would cause players to think more carefully because people naturally want to hoard stuff like that, but it would still be there to use for those 3-hour long battles where you get game-overed at the end.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I actually think the opposite might be better. The further you go back in time the more resources you save. Being able to cheaply go back just one move opens up to rigging crits and hits to succeed. But going back several turns means you're losing a lot of time invested to progress so far. It'd make knowing exactly when to go back to a much more careful decision.

Then again sometimes you do just plain fuck up and accidentally move the wrong unit, being able to correct that is nice.

Rigging hits/crits is at least somewhat harder due to the saved RNG, though not impossible so I do see your point. I generally think rewinding an entire enemy phase is still significantly more powerful though.

1 minute ago, Natsu_T said:

This made me realize how I think I would prefer Divine Pulse. Instead of having them on a per-chapter basis, what if they were like the freeze staff from Conquest where you have a certain amount of uses for your entire playthrough frontloaded. It would cause players to think more carefully because people naturally want to hoard stuff like that, but it would still be there to use for those 3-hour long battles where you get game-overed at the end.

Yeah, I think I'd like this too. Make the number of Divine Pulse uses finite, and ration out a few more as the game goes on, just like Conquest's more powerful staves.

My two cents after three playthroughs:

• Battalions/Gambits: They're alright, but they really need to be usable more often. One of THE most frustrating things is running out of gambits to use on a monster-heavy map.
  • Monsters: Also a neat idea that desperately needs some ironing out. As of now, some of them are simply TOO dangerous to attack without gambits due to either their ridiculous speed, generally high crit rates, ridiculous strength for that point in the game (particularly early- to midgame), or all of these things. Monster-heavy maps are a nightmare because of this.
  • The current forging system, I like. At least if we desperately need to have weapon durability (which I am personally opposed to. But Three Houses has the best implementation of it). But they really need to make materials more readily available. Some weapons just aren't worth using over others because the material needed to repair them is way too hard to come by.
  • The weapon and class system itself is something I absolutely adore. Only negative here is that mastering classes takes way too long without Lysithea's personal skill/a Knowledge Gem. Increasing weapon ranks can also be a nightmare and a half, particularly when you're trying for something that needs an A-rank at level 20. We also need a few more non-mounted master classes. Three ain't cutting it. Sword users also got the shaft in this regard, which is something I'd fix, personally. Adding Trueblade and/or Vanguard really wouldn't hurt a lot.
  • I'd definitely keep a playable hubworld around. Menu-based bases have been fine, I guess, but it's more fun visiting your friends in the monastery and interacting with them. It feels more personal, in a way.
  • If we have to have Avatar characters, Byleth is the way to go. He reminds me a lot of Persona/Etrian Odyssey Untold protagonists (mostly silent, but with dialogue options), which I absolutely loved conceptually.

• Byleth is a good way of avatar
  • Monastery is nice, though the finding items around is not exactly a fun mechanic
  • Magic not based on tomes is very good, but they need to make Reason and Faith 2 separate things for classes (a specialized magic unit could use both, but I hate how Dark Knights can heal and Holy Knight can use Dark/Black Magic, it also takes away from class variety).
  • Class flexibility is nice, but rework the classes, as of now it's a mess (with Master tier, class trees missing classes, niches not filled, overpowered stuff).
  • Remove RNG from class progression, but please fix the mess that we have now with requirements (again, I get the system is flexible, but we still need a logical progression).
  • Skills/Arts gained on skill level progression, really gives the feeling of "mastering" something. But skill level gain needs a fix, you jump to B/A by chapter 8-9 and then pass the rest of the game chasing an unreachable S/S+.
  • Battallions are an amazing addition (I like especially the personalized ones, they give uniqueness), but I agree with others that Gambits are a bit weird.
  • Repair (and forge) mechanic, if there's a thing I hate in RPG is consumable equipment that you then have to run back and get another time (if it even respawns). And yes, if the game's progression is well made you should be able to forget old weapons, but sometimes there's just the cool factor (like the wood sword in BOTW, and there's two in the whole game...).
  • Divine Pulse needs to stay, right now it might be a bit much, but if they change it it's important that it replenishes on its own (wheter it's over time or each battle), having to gather material or whatever to gain back Divine Pulses would be a cancer mechanic.

In general, less of the "limited number" way. There's a recurring problem in RPG with those consumable things that run out and are difficult/impossible to get, you wait so long for "just the right moment" when it's worth using that you end up never using them. Look at Relics in these games, there's always the feeling that you're "wasting" them and so just never use them. If Divine Pulses were highly limited you'd just end up saying "well, better to reset the whole map so I can keep my rewind for when I REALLY need it". It's like Master Balls in pokemon, there'll always be a time where it'll be more worth it than now, so you just finish the game with that ball sitting in your bag forever.

3 minutes ago, timon said:
  • Byleth is a good way of avatar
  • Monastery is nice, though the finding items around is not exactly a fun mechanic
  • Magic not based on tomes is very good, but they need to make Reason and Faith 2 separate things for classes (a specialized magic unit could use both, but I hate how Dark Knights can heal and Holy Knight can use Dark/Black Magic, it also takes away from class variety).
  • Class flexibility is nice, but rework the classes, as of now it's a mess (with Master tier, class trees missing classes, niches not filled, overpowered stuff).
  • Remove RNG from class progression, but please fix the mess that we have now with requirements (again, I get the system is flexible, but we still need a logical progression).
  • Skills/Arts gained on skill level progression, really gives the feeling of "mastering" something. But skill level gain needs a fix, you jump to B/A by chapter 8-9 and then pass the rest of the game chasing an unreachable S/S+.
  • Battallions are an amazing addition (I like especially the personalized ones, they give uniqueness), but I agree with others that Gambits are a bit weird.
  • Repair (and forge) mechanic, if there's a thing I hate in RPG is consumable equipment that you then have to run back and get another time (if it even respawns). And yes, if the game's progression is well made you should be able to forget old weapons, but sometimes there's just the cool factor (like the wood sword in BOTW, and there's two in the whole game...).
  • Divine Pulse needs to stay, right now it might be a bit much, but if they change it it's important that it replenishes on its own (wheter it's over time or each battle), having to gather material or whatever to gain back Divine Pulses would be a cancer mechanic.

In general, less of the "limited number" way. There's a recurring problem in RPG with those consumable things that run out and are difficult/impossible to get, you wait so long for "just the right moment" when it's worth using that you end up never using them. Look at Relics in these games, there's always the feeling that you're "wasting" them and so just never use them. If Divine Pulses were highly limited you'd just end up saying "well, better to reset the whole map so I can keep my rewind for when I REALLY need it". It's like Master Balls in pokemon, there'll always be a time where it'll be more worth it than now, so you just finish the game with that ball sitting in your bag forever.

Having a limited resource for Divine Pulse would be pretty annoying, I'd agree, but if it's a lot of a common resource then I don't think it'd be that bad. That is to say if it was just plain gold you needed to spend to replenish it then it could work well. Especially if the game throws as much gold at you as this game does. I'm reminded of Shin Megami Tensei IV where every time you die you get the opportunity to bribe Charon with gold to come back without losing your progress. Every time you do it it becomes more expensive for next time however. I think ti worked really well as a choice between spending an in game currency and losing a certain amount play time.

Silent protagonists are immersion-breaking to me and I wish to never see them again. It is the thing I'd wish to change the most about Three Houses. 

I liked the giant enemies a whole lot and so did battalions. Battalions more so for the realism they brought, having a feeling I'm managing an army, than for the mechanics. 

The reason given for removing the weapon triangle does not make sense to me and it just made weapons too similar to one another. It's a staple of the series that they should not have touched. Lessen it's impact if you believe it shouldn't have a large one but still leave it there.

Love divine pulse/mila's turnwheel. 

I also would have enjoyed a few more non-student characters being recruitable during battle. Or just more path-exclusive non-student characters like Gilbert.  Ladislava/Randolph, Judith/Nader and Rodrigue come to mind

Edited by Vince777

Just have an custom difficulty setting where you can manually select things like enemy stats being tuned to Lunatic/Hard/Normal, the permadeath rules being Classic/Casual/Phoenix, the number of Divine Pulse charges, whether auxiliary battles cost activity points, whether the RNG seed is saved, and any number of other little things. You can also add optional settings that are difficulty-neutral such as fixed growths.

This is not the NES era anymore where one global difficulty setting controls everything, though obviously it'd be easy enough to set up some defaults. XCOM's Second Wave options were brilliant and I'd hoped that more games would do something similar.

Monastery should go away. Just give us a minimalistic base like in Tellius where you don't need to fast travel to each location to do X thing and repeat.

New game+ is broken. It'd be better as a way to customize miscellaneous things.

Others echoed most good stuff in my opinion.

Battalions are a neat idea but need serious work. They have no counter play at all and actively discourage formations. Stride being an E level gambit is way too strong, and a lot of the A rank gambits are straight up busted.

Silent protagonist is awful and actively made the story worse.

Pretty sure no one mentioned gender locked classes yet somehow.

So, so many reused maps. Don't do that again.

Magic needs a non renewable cost, I shouldn't be able to use multiple warps every map.

Animate combat skills. Super lame to get something like Ruined Sky and have it be the exact same animation as everything else.

If they're keeping routes, split them earlier. Fates did that well, 3H has 4 routes with half the game being the same in all 4.

Take away super canto, it's busted in every game it's in.

Keep pulse. I'm not a teenager with unlimited time anymore, so I love not having to replay 20 minutes because I got blasted by a 7% crit.

Keep archer stuff. Love that archers are actually good.

5 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

Keep pulse. I'm not a teenager with unlimited time anymore, so I love not having to replay 20 minutes because I got blasted by a 7% crit.

You could just... let them die?

Not feasible with the main unit of course. But FE's main attraction for me is the grotesque amount of time I can pour into the game through multiple repeat playthroughs. I love the idea of iron man gameplay in games like these.

I still think there should be some divine pulse, but I would love it if it were a resource.

7 minutes ago, Boomhauer007 said:

My first three auxiliary battles in the game were all literally the same map with the same starting positions with the exact same enemies types (with their scaled levels being the only difference). There ought to be a sanity check on that, yeah. My fifth and sixth were identical too.

If they're keeping routes, split them earlier. Fates did that well, 3H has 4 routes with half the game being the same in all 4.

I mean I can sort of get your point, but you're comparing 2 (3) games with one. Fates is literally two games and a half, the least they could've done is giving you very different stories, maps and gameplay. This is one game that's giving you a big choice, imo it does its thing very well, and I actually like that the events before the split are basically the same. You're not creating a story from ground up, but you're making a choice that changes it.

I agree on map reusage  when it's in the same route though, especially with paralogues it gets annoying.

Silent protagonist is awful and actively made the story worse.

Also I don't see how this holds up? Very very much prefer having some dialogue options (even if meaningless, who cares, they create character) than having a preset dumb idiot like Corrin or just a random generic Robin.

- the central hub of the monastery is a great idea and fun in execution but i also kinda wish that it was more central if that makes sense. spend one day in the monastery exhausting it and you dont need to visit it for the rest of the month and can spend it exploiting the auxiliary maps for goodies. personally i would do this by having exploring not take up a day and have battle maps accessed from within the monastery map instead (a bulletin board in a specific location or a battles desk or something) and having them use up an action point there well also just giving you more actions points to use in general.

- im not sold on weapons not being class restricted honestly, its more customizable by player preference certainly but i dont feel it has much in the way of a substantial future in fes structure because you can only really go backwards from it. make acquiring weapon levels easier and classes become homogeneous and a classes mov value becomes its most important aspect, make it harder and why even bother at all if its only expedient to push into one or two natural talents a unit has. you could theoretically make class base stats wildly different and specialized to counter balance that but those dont particularly matter from a player perspective. plus contextually it really only makes sense with essentially starting with a host of tier 0 units which is limiting in scope (like you could push catherine into horse riding and bow wielding but she starts with an A in swords and a C+ in brawling and E's in everything else with no other talents then swords and brawling so might as well push what shes already good at). 

- silent blyeth is best avatar because it does what an avatar needs to be in the story; act as a vehicle for the audience to dive into the world of the characters, setting, and plot. if avatars are just going to be a thing in fe from now on this is how i feel they should always be done (with some more customization options if possible of course).

- battalions are atmospheric but lack gameplay impact. maybe try and wring out the formation thing that was in the first trailer for three houses in future games if it makes a return, that might give em some more bite.

- tomeless magic im eh about, it did what it had to here but i dont like not being able to assign what spells a units using and its low uses bugged me. not opposed to seeing it in future but i'd like to be able to at least teach units new spells manually.

- giant enemies are the natural step forward of fes usual big monster affair but their kinda boring to fight and ironically not as difficult to put down as the big monsters of the past. maybe scale them back down into one tile but keeping the multiple health bars idea since that helps make em feel actually big as opposed to sheer size.

- gauntlets are cool and i hope they make a return, the multi hit brave effect gives them a distinct niche despite lack of a weapon triangle and the low mt keeps them from being too overpowered. combined with bows and daggers they could even form their own weapon triangle if you had em all in the same game.

- durability being back is nice, resource management is important to the actual strategy aspect after all and having things like wrath strike tied to weapon durability makes sense. i just wish that the actual distribution of weapon durability in this game made any bloody sense. the iron lance only has 30 uses but the iron axe has 45 well the iron sword has 40? surely if theirs going to be those discrepancies between the weapons the iron axe should have the fewest uses since they rely on heavy one hits well the sword should have the most since they rely on many weaker hits?

- well i dont use it very often since my first instinct is always quite and restart, divine pulse seems kinda nebulous in how it works this time. from what i can tell its uses are suppose to go up the less you use it though which isnt a bad idea if thats how it actually works but maybe better conveying how it works to the player might be a good idea next time.

- paralouges being side character focus is pretty fun, and well it was always in fe to an extent im glad its been pushed a bit more for three houses and hopefully gets pushed a bit more in the future.