Unanswered questions

Thane

Hello chaps!

As the title suggests, I just wanted a place to discuss questions and mysteries the game sets up without ever fully explaining. Needless to say, there'll be spoilers.

Spoiler

To start with, do we ever find out what the mole people wanted Flayn's blood for, or why Flayn's blood in particular is extra rare? Naturally, we know she's Cethleann, but her father is Cichol, another saint, and it doesn't seem like the villains need his blood for anything. Thus it stands to reason that her mother was also someone special, but who was she?

I wonder if Tomas needed that blood for his experiment in Remire (which made both Byleth and Edelgard dizzy for some reason), but we don't know how it's connected or what his aims were with making everyone go nuts. 

Naturally, there is more, but I believe that's my number one question for now.

This is spoilers if you haven't played GD/Church (those are the routes that tell the backstory of Saints).

Spoiler

They want her blood because she's a Saint/Dragon I'd guess, and thus her blood can give her crest to people (like Rhea who gave Jeralt her crest through blood sharing). As to why they didn't take Seteth, well, it's probably just that he's much more difficult to subdue.

Her mother was probably just another of the dead Children of the Goddess, seen as Flayn is a pure Saint and not half-human.

As for why Edelgard and Byleth feel the same in Remire, I'd guess Solon's experiments somehow resonate with their shared crest?

It is all speculation though, I don't think the game ever tells why they need her blood, it's just on the big pile of never really explained "experiments".

Spoilers for GD and Marianne's paralogue.

Spoiler

My best guess is that they used Flayn's blood to turn people into those demonic dragons for the Empire.

Miklan was transformed by a Crest Stone (the heart of a dragon), and Maurice was transformed by the power of his own Crest; it's not a huge leap to say that dragon's blood could be used the same way.

I believe Solon used her blood in the experiements in Remire village.Then in the next chapter we see demonic beasts who are in fact students who'd been transformed. After that we see them regularly with the Empire and Agarthans. I think those who things were intentionally linked to show an escalation from beserk state to transformation to military deployment.

I might have miss interpreted something though.

Edited by Shuuda

36 minutes ago, Shuuda said:

Spoilers for GD and Marianne's paralogue.

Hide contents

My best guess is that they used Flayn's blood to turn people into those demonic dragons for the Empire.

Miklan was transformed by a Crest Stone (the heart of a dragon), and Maurice was transformed by the power of his own Crest; it's not a huge leap to say that dragon's blood could be used the same way.

I believe Solon used her blood in the experiements in Remire village.Then in the next chapter we see demonic beasts who are in fact students who'd been transformed. After that we see them regularly with the Empire and Agarthans. I think those who things were intentionally linked to show an escalation from beserk state to transformation to military deployment.

I might have miss interpreted something though.

Isn't that because of Crest stones rather than Flayn's blood, however? 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Isn't that because of Crest stones rather than Flayn's blood, however? 

Spoiler

The demonic dragons have artifical Crest Stones, which I assume were created by the Agarthans. It's not specified how these are made, at least on the GD route. I imagine they needed a "sample" of the real thing in order to create them. Perhaps that's what Flayn's blood was for. I don't ever recall seeing them before Flayn's kidnapping, which again I take as evidence of a link.

Again, that's my conclusion based on what I've seen.