Commoner or Noble - Fire emblem awakening

magenero29

So which would be the starting classes of the fire emblem awakening 1st generation characters, if they were in Three Houses? Here is my interpretation (although i am not so sure about some of them):

Chrom - Noble

Lissa- Noble

Frederick - Noble?

Vaike - Commoner

Maribelle - Noble

Ricken - Noble

Stahl - Noble?

Sully - Noble?

Panne/Nowi - Do they even count?

Kellam - Commoner

Gaius - Commoner

Virion - Noble

Sumia - Noble

Lon'qu - Commoner

Miriel - Noble?

Cordelia - Noble?

Libra - Commoner?

Gregor - Commoner?

Olivia - Commoner

Cherche - Commoner?

Tharja - Commoner?

Flavia - Noble

Basilio - Noble

Say'ri - Noble

Henry - Commoner

Edited by magenero29

What about Robin, Tiki, Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'Fay, Emmeryn, Aversa and Priam? You know, the rest of Awakening's first generation characters.

Oh, and Panne and Nowi do indeed count as first generation characters.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

8 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

What about Robin, Tiki, Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'Fay, Emmeryn, Aversa and Priam? You know, the rest of Awakening's first generation characters.

Oh, and Panne and Nowi do indeed count as first generation characters.

Robin - Noble

Walhart - Noble

Gangrel - Noble

Yen'fay - Noble

Emmeryn - Noble

Aversa - Commoner?

Priam - Commoner

Yeah I know they count as first generation characters, but they aren't human characters so I wasn't sure if i should even be included on this list.

Edited by magenero29

13 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

It kind of stretching the definition of a noble, since Fred is essentially an armored butler and Sully curses a lot more than I do.

2 minutes ago, magenero29 said:

So you would put Sully and Frederick as Commoners?

No Frederick is definitely a noble as he states his family has been serving the royal family for generations. Sully I’m not so sure though. Cordelia seems like she’d be a noble though honestly given her character I could see her being either one really.

4 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

No Frederick is definitely a noble as he states his family has been serving the royal family for generations. Sully I’m not so sure though. Cordelia seems like she’d be a noble though honestly given her character I could see her being either one really.

Cordelia and Sumia where a part of an elite Pegasus knight squad she definitely is a noble.

For me:

Nobles: Chrom, Lissa, Robin, Sully, Frederick, Maribelle, Lucina, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, Flavia, Owain, Brady, Morgan, Gangrel, Wallhart, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, and Aversa.

Commoners: Virion, Ricken ( both lost their status), Stahl, Vaike, Miriel, Sumia, Kellam, Donnel, Lon'qu, Panne, Gaius, Cordelia, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja, Anna, Olivia, Cherche, Henry, Inigo, Yarne, Cynthia, Severa, Laurent, Noire, Nah, and Priam.

2 hours ago, magenero29 said:

Chrom - Noble - Obvious

Lissa- Noble - Obvious

Frederick - Noble? - Frederick is part of the aristocracy; he's not the highest among the noble hierarchy in Ylisse, but he's still part of it and proud of it; he's effectively of the same status as Hubert, who is a Noble class at base

Vaike - Commoner - Obvious

Maribelle - Noble - Obvious

Ricken - Noble - He's pretty similar to Ingrid status-wise, who is a Noble class at base

Stahl - Noble? - I think his bio implies he's more of a commoner, as his family was only mentioned to have ran an apothecary, and he seemed to had to join the knighthood himself as opposed to being "born" into it unlike most nobles

Sully - Noble? - Nothing much is really said of her past as far as I know, but I think it's implied she was born into knighthood

Panne/Nowi - Do they even count? - They do count, and they'd definitely be commoners; shapeshifters have to learn to control their powers before they can properly use them, they can make this work

Kellam - Commoner - He comes from a farmer family, so this seems accurate

Gaius - Commoner - Literally his entire support chain with Chrom solidifies this

Virion - Noble - He's a noble, but he's going incognito, similar to Mercedes, therefore he'd be classed as a commoner

Sumia - Noble - I think she was born into knighthood?

Lon'qu - Commoner - Pretty much just a merc, so yeah

Miriel - Noble? - I only really know of her mother being a scholar, so I can't say for this one

Cordelia - Noble? - If Sumia's a noble, chances are Cordelia is as well unless it's one of those "commoner and noble" types of childhood friendships that transcend all boundaries; still, if there's anything I feel that would help indicate her status, it's probably that Lysithea, a noble, was partly based on her, and House Ordelia was very likely based on Cordelia's name

Libra - Commoner? - Probably

Gregor - Commoner? - Merc, just like Lon'qu; he did tangle with the Feroxi Khans at some point, but that's not indicative of his status as a noble/commoner in the moment, and I honestly just think that implies he's well-traveled and a seasoned veteran able to challenge even the strongest of warriors

Olivia - Commoner - Probably

Cherche - Commoner? - She serves Virion, and the reason for that servitude is definitely not love, so I'd say she's part of the aristocracy

Tharja - Commoner? - She doesn't seem to have a family of nobles

Flavia - Noble - Obvious

Basilio - Noble - Obvious

Say'ri - Noble - Obvious

^ My responses in bold.

Biggest sticking point for me is Virion because of his rather unique situation.  He states after the time skip that he was going incognito as an incredibly flamboyant... mercenary, I guess, and it is only revealed that he's a noble after you defeat Gangrel.  Him losing his land at that point isn't what makes him a "commoner" because that happens well into the game's story as opposed to when the story starts, but Mercedes proves that an actual noble can still be of the "commoner" class if they're trying to be incognito, which is exactly what Virion is trying to be (which is ironic, considering how boisterous he is about introducing himself all the time).

Nobles: 

• Chrom
  • Lissa
  • Frederick (he directly serve the royal family both as bodyguard and butler)
  • Sully (is a knight by birthright)
  • Maribelle 
  • Ricken
  • Basilio (considering Ferox's culture likely commoner)
  • Flavia
  • Tiki (both Seteth and Flayn are nobles)
  • Walhart
  • Yen'fay
  • Emmeryn

Commoners:

• Robin (could go either way, as he may have been raised as a noble)
  • Virion (is in pretty much the same position as Petra who is a commoner)
  • Stahl 
  • Vaike 
  • Miriel
  • Sumia
  • Cordelia
  • Kellam
  • Donnel
  • Lon'qu
  • Panne
  • Gaius
  • Gregor
  • Nowi
  • Tharja
  • Libra
  • Anna
  • Olivia
  • Cherche
  • Henry
  • Say'ri (since Chon'sin is ruled by Walhart, she probably lost her title) 
  • Aversa
  • Priam
  • Gangrel (while he is a king at the beginning, he was born as a commoner and lost his title in the end)

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

^ My responses in bold.

Biggest sticking point for me is Virion because of his rather unique situation.  He states after the time skip that he was going incognito as an incredibly flamboyant... mercenary, I guess, and it is only revealed that he's a noble after you defeat Gangrel.  Him losing his land at that point isn't what makes him a "commoner" because that happens well into the game's story as opposed to when the story starts, but Mercedes proves that an actual noble can still be of the "commoner" class if they're trying to be incognito, which is exactly what Virion is trying to be (which is ironic, considering how boisterous he is about introducing himself all the time).

Thanks for your input I kinf of forgot Henry and Robin on the list. I added Henry as a Commoner and I answered that I considered Robin to be a Noble in another reply. Whats your take on this?

1 minute ago, magenero29 said:

Thanks for your input I kinf of forgot Henry and Robin on the list. I added Henry as a Commoner and I answered that I considered Robin to be a Noble in another reply. Whats your take on this?

Robin has absolutely no clue that they're related to royalty, so I'd say a commoner. Like, if they were aware, of course they'd be a noble, but they're just a tactician. 

1 minute ago, magenero29 said:

I feel Henry is accurate; even if his parents were nobility, they abandoned him and he effectively doesn't have much political status.

Robin can be a bit tricky, as he's both in a high place in Plegian society and basically a nobody at the same time due to his... nature.  What gets me tripped up about this is that there are two Robins, and they look and dress the exact same way.  So I'd want to say the playable Robin is a commoner while the non-playable Robin is a noble, but that's just weird.

3 minutes ago, magenero29 said:

Are we sure that Sumia is a commoner? Didn't Gaius call her a noblewoman in a support of his?

The English localization didn't have him calling her such, from what I recall.

Don't know about the original script.

6 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

The English localization didn't have him calling her such, from what I recall.

Don't know about the original script.

I found the script of the supports in the fire emblem wikia. In the B rank support of Gaius and Sumia, he says this

"Gaius: Heh heh. There's bound to be a hive around here somewhere. Plus, this meadow of tall flowers should hide me from that oddball noblewoman..."

15 minutes ago, magenero29 said:

Are we sure that Sumia is a commoner? Didn't Gaius call her a noblewoman in a support of his?

He did, but she was the one who talked about high society taste beforehand and from the way she talk about it, she seems (at least to me) not to be part of it. Besides it's Gaius we're talking about, calling people by anything but their names is it's basically his job.

Edited by Soroen

Gaius calls Sumia silly noblewoman or something like that in their supports and I suppose that Cordelia is also from minor noble house. As for the kids, I believe the class will depend of their fathers. By the time of Morgan's birth Robin is already Chrom's right hand and the background of being Plegian royalty is half revealed, so more likely she/he is a noble no matter who Robin marries. 

Nobles: 

• Chrom
  • Lissa
  • Frederick 
  • Sully 
  • Maribelle 
  • Cordelia
  • Ricken
  • Basilio 
  • Flavia
  • Morgan
  • Sumia
  • Virion
  • Tiki 
  • Walhart
  • Yen'fay
  • Emmeryn
  • Say'ri
  • Grangel
  • Lucina

Commoners:

• Robin
  • Stahl 
  • Vaike 
  • Kellam
  • Donnel
  • Lon'qu
  • Panne
  • Gaius
  • Gregor
  • Nowi
  • Tharja
  • Libra
  • Anna
  • Olivia
  • Cherche
  • Henry
  • Aversa
  • Priam
  • Miriel
Edited by Mylady

9 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Sully is a knight by birthright, which technically makes her part of the aristocracy.

In addition to this, her supports with Vaike have her point out her own definition of a Knight in which she states that she could sit around eating grapes all day and still be referred to as one, however she joined the Shepherds because she wants to feel like she's earned the title of knight by her own definition of what being a knight is.

Here's what I got from this Fire Emblem Wiki concerning her personality:

"Sully has also proven to be obstinate, headstrong and independent, as is the case during her supports with Vaike, where she reveals that in spite of her being able to leech off her family's reputable standing in society to assail through the ranks in the knightly order, she refuses to do any such thing, preferring to earn the right to attain glory and recognition through sheer determination and grit on her part. Given this fact, it thus comes as hardly any surprise that Sully's ultimate dream is to become a great knight, one that is formidable to even the hardiest of men."

It also states a little before that paragraph that in one of her Harvest Scramble conversations with Miriel, it's revealed that one of the reasons Sully acts the way she does is to honour her 2 older brothers who were Ylissean knights that were killed after defending a village.