How do you feel about the possibility of Three Houses getting a lot of focus and attention in future spinoffs?

Seazas

1 minute ago, wissenschaft said:

I would be very hyped about a fire emblem warriors 2 that featured three houses with all 3 lords + Byelth as playable characters.

As long as Warriors 2 isn't nearly as bad and divisive I'll accept having one.

Koei better not preform peabrained moves like shoving Byleth or Claude behind DLC like what happened to Azura.

Edited by Seazas

It'd be weird if they abandoned Fodlan completely after the amount of world building they put into it... and all the plot threads that still need resolving. I see spin-offs and/or a prologue being feasible more than a sequel, though, just because of the sheer amount of slightly different epilogues Byleth and crew could get. And the world state differs vastly with each different route.

As said before me, I hope to see another Fire Emblem Warriors with Three Houses characters in it. Maybe with a gameplay like DW9 and not the same old gameplay we were used to in Warriors games :) 

We'll see ; but it's been a long time and still nothing :/

6 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

It'll be more deserving of the attention than Fates or Awakening were. I hope they represent all the houses, though, and don't just make it The Black Eagles Show. 

Way to serve the tea. Three Houses absolutely deserves it. I hope Heroes isn't telling of future House treatment or I'm gonna be m a d. Black Eagles is the most rushed route too.

1 minute ago, Cure Naga said:

Knowing our luck three houses wont gain any attention from IS

Don't say that! Lyn revealed to be really popular in the West and now even Heroes shilled Elibe a lot!

That's the first game in the series though so of course people will pay for that. If three houses were the first home console game then I could see that happening. Not saying that Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn aren't good though.  

After 5 years of having Awakening and Fates shoved down my throat, I'm down for IS having a new cashcow to milk.

Though ask me in another 5 years and see if I still feel the same way.

I would be fine with a spin off if 

• They don't force the 3 lords down our throats like they did with the Fates Royals in their spin-off games. I mean IS was beating a dead horse when Fates Royals got a lot of representation in spin-off games and it just kept going (though Chrom/Robin/Lucina also got similar treatment to the Fates Royals in spin-off games)
  • They actually balance out representation between the 3 lords (or the 3 houses) instead of focusing just on Black Eagles/Edelgard (though I would not be surprised if Edelgard is the only lord from 3 Houses that will make it to Smash in the future)

It's inevitable, provided the spinoffs happen within a certain timeframe. It sold well, it's the most recent, that is all that matters concerning appearances elsewhere.

As 3H becomes the predominant flavor of FE, Awakening and Fates will start to recede and find themselves vying for cameos/nonsexual fanservice elsewhere like the rest of the franchise.

However, 3H too is destined to age out of popularity as well. It won't happen right away, but when Nintendo releases its Switch next-generation successor, 3H and whatever games that will have followed it on the Switch, be it 3H2 or something else thats new or FE4/5/6 remakes, will begin to become "old FE" and FE18 or 19, whatever comes next, will be the new face of the franchise.

For I have not 3H yet, I cannot say whether I would be disappointed or happy to see the hegemony of 3H as the ideal of FE. But, I can say will happen and will be ultimately passing. Like all that lives in this finite world. *Puff of smoke*

1 minute ago, Cure Naga said:

Knowing our luck three houses wont gain any attention from IS

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Sales don't lie like a hot lady's thighs for IS. If Three Houses brings in enough profit to fill three storehouses with Yen, and I think it currently is doing that, then IS will grab it by the utters and tug away.

Awakening sold well and saved the franchise, IS milked it, Fates also sold well, IS milked it. If this sells well, they'll do just the same. It'd be irrational to continue to float the worn, faded, and increasingly forgotten hot air balloon of Fates and its royal siblings and maids and songstress.

The 3DS is now dead, Fates is not playable on Switch. Fates unless ported to Switch, is now destined to find the percentage of FE players who know it, decline. It will be gradual, but is going to happen. Greatest popularity and thus profitability requires being on a living system.

I fully expect and welcome them pushing Three Houses and its lords for the next while.

IntSys doesn't focus on certain games because it loves them more, it focuses on them because they have more fans and people willing to shell out money for things related to them. As such I expect Awakening/Fates/3H to be the new trio which will be pushed most by spinoffs, and objectively speaking that's as it should be.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Sales don't lie like a hot lady's thighs for IS. If Three Houses brings in enough profit to fill three storehouses with Yen, and I think it currently is doing that, then IS will grab it by the utters and tug away.

TH is selling very well right now. However, the reason Awakening and Fates sold as well as they did was because they had incredibly longevity because of strong word of mouth. They were considered "quintessential" 3DS games whenever talk of what 3DS games were worthwhile came up, and they were around early enough in the 3DS's life to benefit from the console's healthy lifespan. It's also why Echoes had a pretty solid debut, but petered off a lot faster. It wasn't considered as "quintessential", and the Switch had just released.

FETH is in a place to replicate the success of Awakening and Fates, and surpass them in sales handily. I believe it's already selling way better than either did at launch, and it's got the strong word of mouth and the incredible health of the Switch as a console.

Which also means IS is probably getting their biggest buckets ready.

Edited by Slumber

26 minutes ago, Cure Naga said:

That's the first game in the series though so of course people will pay for that. If three houses were the first home console game then I could see that happening. Not saying that Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn aren't good though.  

Binding Blade was the first for GBA. Blazing and even Sacred Stones received more attention than BB.

It's kind of sad how Binding still hasn't received a standalone banner while Blazing + SS were handed several.

24 minutes ago, Lunarly said:

I would be fine with a spin off if 

• They don't force the 3 lords down our throats like they did with the Fates Royals in their spin-off games. I mean IS was beating a dead horse when Fates Royals got a lot of representation in spin-off games and it just kept going (though Chrom/Robin/Lucina also got similar treatment to the Fates Royals in spin-off games)
  • They actually balance out representation between the 3 lords (or the 3 houses) instead of focusing just on Black Eagles/Edelgard (though I would not be surprised if Edelgard is the only lord from 3 Houses that will make it to Smash in the future)

You might be in for a rude awakening. The 3 lords are the most prominent and popular characters. Ideally it wouldn't be too bad because the cast balance is way better than what happened in Fates.

It pretty much went Corrin > Royals > Retainers > Anyone Else. Even then retainer importance was VERY debatable. They barely showed up.

Meanwhile it's more balanced and weird in Three Houses: It goes from Byleth, 3 Lords and maybe Rhea? Because the side cast beyond that get equal treatment. The Eagles, Deer, and Lions all get treatment and show up in the plot with the story heavily featuring them and paralogues centering around the said cast. The Eagles get prominence in the Church AND Eagle route.

The Church route makes Hanneman and Manuela relevant. With Manuela playing apart of the story before the timeskip and having a paralogue centered around her beef with Death Knight. Seteth and Flayn are basically the main characters of the Church route outside of Byleth. Catherine and Cyril get plot relevance in Church + Black Eagle route. Gilbert is basically the main man for Blue Lions route and has personal connections with Annette.

I can see the staff and knights getting ignored sadly. They might just push Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Rhea, Claude, Sothis and the Slithers in the future and my ramblings are nothing but ramblings lmao.

Edited by Seazas

7 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Binding Blade was the first and even Blazing got more attention than it outside of occasional Roy.

It's kind of sad how Binding still hasn't received a standalone banner while Blazing received several.

You might be in for a rude awakening. The 3 lords are the most prominent and popular characters. Ideally it wouldn't be too bad because the cast balance is way better than what happened in Fates.

It pretty much went Corrin > Royals > Retainers > Anyone Else. Even then retainer importance was VERY debatable. They barely showed up.

Meanwhile it's more balanced and weird in Three Houses: It goes from Byleth, 3 Lords and maybe Rhea? Because the side cast beyond that get equal treatment. The Eagles, Deer, and Lions all get treatment and show up in the plot with the story heavily featuring them and paralogues centering around the said cast. The Eagles get prominence in the Church AND Eagle route.

The Church route makes Hanneman and Manuela relevant. With Manuela playing apart of the story before the timeskip and having a paralogue centered around her beef with Death Knight. Seteth and Flayn are basically the main characters of the Church route outside of Byleth. Catherine and Cyril get plot relevance in Church + Black Eagle route. Gilbert is basically the main man for Blue Lions route and has personal connections with Annette.

I can see the staff and knights getting ignored sadly. They might just push Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Rhea, Sothis and the Slithers in the future and my ramblings are nothing but ramblings lmao.

I will say, Three Houses has a much smaller cast, which gives me hope that there'll be more equal representation compared to Fates. Instead of there being EIGHT royals, there's three. Instead of each royal having TWO retainers, they have one each(And Hilda as Claude's "retainer" is debatable). Including Byleth, that's 7 characters who get priority treatment over the rest of the cast, compared to the 25 for Fates+1 for Azura. That 26 in Fates is almost as big as the entire TH playable cast.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

I will say, Three Houses has a much smaller cast, which gives me hope that there'll be more equal representation compared to Fates. Instead of there being EIGHT royals, there's three. Instead of each royal having TWO retainers, they have one each(And Hilda as Claude's "retainer" is debatable). Including Byleth, that's 7 characters who get priority treatment over the rest of the cast, compared to the 25 for Fates. That 25 in Fates is almost as big as the entire TH cast.

They're probably gonna pick off popularity for the Students and that will genuinely suck when they are treated equally in relevance for Three Houses. The only exceptions are like, the personal dedicated retainers because... obviously!

2 minutes ago, Seazas said:

They're probably gonna pick off popularity for the Students and that will genuinely suck when they are treated equally in relevance for Three Houses. The only exceptions are like, the personal dedicated retainers because... obviously!

Picking 7 or so on obligation and another 20ish regularly based off of popularity in spinoffs is better than repeatedly picking 26 out of pure obligation and then maybe one who isn't part of that 26 gets a spot in Heroes a few times a year.

Edited by Slumber

9 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Binding Blade was the first for GBA. Blazing and even Sacred Stones received more attention than BB.

It's kind of sad how Binding still hasn't received a standalone banner while Blazing + SS were handed several.

You probably don't need me to tell you this, but only one of those three games failed to get an international release. Only hardcore FE fans outside Japan have played Binding Blade. Of course it's the least popular, and hence of course it'll get on the least banners in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I agree that the lords will get the most attention from 3H. I think the second tier of attention will go to fan favourite students like Lysithea, Hubert, Felix, Dorothea, etc., etc. (actual list may end up varying from this)

9 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Picking 7 or so on obligation and another 20ish regularly based off of popularity in spinoffs is better than repeatedly picking 26 out of pure obligation and then maybe one who isn't part of that 26 gets a spot in Heroes a few times a year.

I guess, it's the exact reason why I always prefer putting the icon top of the list first so side cast that are equal don't get shafted out of favoritism. I always hate that. It's not like Archanea where there are blatant side characters that are more important than others.

Edited by Seazas

if 3H sells super well, I could see Nintendo trying to push some sort of sequel or spin off out of Koei and IS the same way Nintendo is doing with BOTW., using the same game engine and all that.

If it were a full sequel, I don't know how they could do it without doing a completely new story. Could do a prequel too, kind of like how they did with Tales of Vesperia/Beseria.

A spinoff using the same story of 3H would make more sense as a bigger DLC. Yet it would be the most smart to create a story of said DLC that doesn't heavily favor one of the routes. I know lots of fans want an expansion to the Crimson Flower route, but that wouldn't be very fair to players who played the other routes. There'd need to be some kind of balance. I personally wouldn't mind something along the lines of a Revelations DLC story, but I know that' a very polarizing thing among the FE fanbase...

I guess the next big DLC that will actually have story content wont be out until next year...I'm sure the support will still be there from the fanbase? Maybe? For the players who bought season passes, Nintendo already has their money I guess. Nintendo would be wise to release whatever big story DLC they are planning before Animal Crossing comes out in March. Although I have no clue how big of a fanbase there is for players who are both FE and Animal Crossing, so maybe that wouldn't be detrimental to 3H...

5 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

A spinoff using the same story of 3H would make more sense as a bigger DLC. Yet it would be the most smart to create a story of said DLC that doesn't heavily favor one of the routes. I know lots of fans want an expansion to the Crimson Flower route, but that wouldn't be very fair to players who played the other routes. There'd need to be some kind of balance. I personally wouldn't mind something along the lines of a Revelations DLC story, but I know that' a very polarizing thing among the FE fanbase...

Revelations is only polarizing because it's Revelations. I think people would be a fine with a "ALL HOUSES JOIN FORCES" route if it was handled well.

44 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Revelations is only polarizing because it's Revelations. I think people would be a fine with a "ALL HOUSES JOIN FORCES" route if it was handled well.

A golden route would be trash. A route that takes away every incentive and the lords' main development into one golden route would be terrible. 

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

I will say, Three Houses has a much smaller cast, which gives me hope that there'll be more equal representation compared to Fates. Instead of there being EIGHT royals, there's three. Instead of each royal having TWO retainers, they have one each(And Hilda as Claude's "retainer" is debatable). Including Byleth, that's 7 characters who get priority treatment over the rest of the cast, compared to the 25 for Fates+1 for Azura. That 26 in Fates is almost as big as the entire TH playable cast.

For FEH, I can see the retainers counting as core. Though FEW only fitted in Oboro, Niles and sorta-Odin with Owain. So I'd say its just Corrin M&F, Nohr Royals, Hoshido Royals, and Azura, who count as the core of Fates, 10-11ish.

Though barring the Cipher card game, FEH and FEW are the only dedicated FE spinoffs with Fates characters in them. And the only other dedicated FE spinoff is the... unique... trip of TMS, made before Fates was developed. So there isn't a lot to go on.