How do you feel about the possibility of Three Houses getting a lot of focus and attention in future spinoffs?

Seazas

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For FEH, I can see the retainers counting as core. Though FEW only fitted in Oboro, Niles and sorta-Odin with Owain. So I'd say its just Corrin M&F, Nohr Royals, Hoshido Royals, and Azura, who count as the core of Fates, 10-11ish.

Though barring the Cipher card game, FEH and FEW are the only dedicated FE spinoffs with Fates characters in them. And the only other dedicated FE spinoff is the... unique... trip of TMS, made before Fates was developed. So there isn't a lot to go on.

If FE continues to do as well as it has been for the last 6 years, and its spin-offs continue to do well(TMS was a casualty of the Wii U), then I can see more FE-related spinoffs coming. And as @Seazas laid out, priority seems to be:

1. Corn
  2. Royals+Azura
  3. Retainers
  4. Popular first geners
  5. Popular second geners
  6. Unpopular first geners
  7. Unpopular second geners

With a cast of nearly 70 characters, 26 of them make up those first three tiers. Depending on the style of the spinoffs, FEW will probably be the template for bigger projects that involve Fates in terms of how characters are picked. In those cases, it's pretty much guaranteed the only Fates characters we'll ever see again outside of FEH are going to be the those top two tiers. We'll probably never even see most of the retainers outside of content that continuously evolves like FEH. Which sucks for me, because I'd rather see Nyx or Forrest over seeing Camilla ever again.

So that's where I'm thankful that FETH reigned in its core cast. BCDE will always get their spot to shine, and then after that? Pretty much can be anyone. Hubert, Hilda and Dedue I see being the most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them swapped out for like, Lysethia, Felix, Dorothea or any other seemingly popular character.

Edited by Slumber

I hope they take their time with the mainline follow-up, ideally by developing a completely new engine first. By all means, extend the life of 3H with DLC and maybe even a proper expansion (prequel?), but this engine is already creaking, and though I don't know the details, I'm assuming it's just a repurposed Warriors engine? I gave up on that game after about an hour so a follow-up is fairly meaningless to me. I'd certainly hope that any spinoff would be a completely different genre ...or at least a Capcom-style 90s side-scrolling beat 'em up. 😛

Well, there's already more Three Houses characters in FEH than Thracia right (?) (Not counting the repeats), so that's a good sign. And they also had another banner, which is something Echoes never got, so I think that's a positive sign? (Echoes had 2 banners at launch, but then...nothing else?)

I like the Three Houses characters; it's one of the best casts in the series (although I'm not sure if it's my favorite yet. Tellius and Sacred Stones are hard to beat IMO) so I wouldn't mind seeing them more. If Warriors 2 gets made, I wouldn't mind there being 8 reps for Three Houses (both Byleths, the House leaders, the retainers, and Hilda, who's sorta a retainer but she's really not.) Although if they do get promoted and used a lot, ask me again next year to see how I feel.

6 hours ago, Slumber said:

So that's where I'm thankful that FETH reigned in its core cast. BCDE will always get their spot to shine, and then after that? Pretty much can be anyone. Hubert, Hilda and Dedue I see being the most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them swapped out for like, Lysethia, Felix, Dorothea or any other seemingly popular character.

I thought Dedue was an obvious choice too, but then Petra and Mercedes show up in a banner he should have been in tbh.

But Dedue better be in a Warriors game if they're adding the retainers. Hubert, Dimitri, and Hilda would all be non-sword wielders and as far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing. 

I just hope they use the post time skip looks more though (I doubt that will happen.) Tbh, I like their older designs a lot more in most cases. Their armor and the personal details are really interesting. It says a lot about the people of Fodlan's style. 

13 hours ago, Crysta said:

It'd be weird if they abandoned Fodlan completely after the amount of world building they put into it... and all the plot threads that still need resolving. I see spin-offs and/or a prologue being feasible more than a sequel, though, just because of the sheer amount of slightly different epilogues Byleth and crew could get. And the world state differs vastly with each different route.

I can see a prequel a la Blazing Sword, following the 10 heroes featuring Manakete Flayn, Seteth and Seiros. It's easier cause won't establish a canon route. Or a gaiden kind of story like Shadows of Valentia 

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Well, there's already more Three Houses characters in FEH than Thracia right (?) (Not counting the repeats), so that's a good sign. And they also had another banner, which is something Echoes never got, so I think that's a positive sign? (Echoes had 2 banners at launch, but then...nothing else?)

Correct on the Thracia front, unfortunately.

As for Echoes:

"At the start of FEH, the only SoV characters in were the Whitewings- by virtue of being shared with Archanea. Then 4 came in April, then another 4 in May, followed by 7 (and Berkut) in July, and then Clive in August. In total, April-August without anyone in June brought us 16 of the 20 (not-Berkut or alts) characters. After August 2017, only Kliff has come."

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I thought Dedue was an obvious choice too, but then Petra and Mercedes show up in a banner he should have been in tbh.

I have a sneaking suspicion they chose people for the banner based on some internal polling of their playtesters and that Dedue isn't that popular, at least based on that.

Echoes has had four banners I believe (the initial Alm and Celica-based ones, then "Alm's army" and "Celica's Army"), which, combined with the fact that four of its PCs are already in the game (and in the case of the Whitewings, with nearly identical designs), means the majority of the Echoes roster is already covered, so at this point there isn't much to add. (I don't think there's any remotely popular Echoes PC not in the game yet, but I'm too lazy to look up CYL3 and check.)

43 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I have a sneaking suspicion they chose people for the banner based on some internal polling of their playtesters and that Dedue isn't that popular, at least based on that.

Echoes has had four banners I believe (the initial Alm and Celica-based ones, then "Alm's army" and "Celica's Army"), which, combined with the fact that four of its PCs are already in the game (and in the case of the Whitewings, with nearly identical designs), means the majority of the Echoes roster is already covered, so at this point there isn't much to add. (I don't think there's any remotely popular Echoes PC not in the game yet, but I'm too lazy to look up CYL3 and check.)

Python, Tatiana, Valbar, Conrad, Deen, Rinea, Mila, just to name a few. It's way overdue for a new banner at this point

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Python, Tatiana, Valbar, Conrad, Deen, Rinea, Mila, just to name a few. It's way overdue for a new banner at this point

CYL3 results

56. Rinea

84. Conrad

99. Mila

100. Python

111. Silque

169. Tatiana

172. Luthier

213. Brigand Boss

216. Zeke

266. Forsyth

281. Hestia

285. Valbar

295. Fernand

307. Rudolf

333. Atlas

348. Deen

363. Kamui

380. Nuibaba

396. Marla

397. Mycen

413. Jedah

456. Jesse

Two minor NPCs so minor I leave them out entirely.

522. Nomah

And that is the end of the SoV playables, out of more than 569 characters.

i'd be fine, unless the series becomes "Three Houses, Fates, Awakening, Marth, Tiki, and the boys"

Edited by Yexin