It must suck being a fan of the OCs and wanting them to get more recognition

Seazas

• 3 weeks later...

Really, what sucks more is that they're all so bad in the TCG - Shade, for example, is an absolutely phenomenal Healer Unit since she has Rescue and Physic, but her cards are all absolute garbage, while Nieve has a gorgeous design but mediocre cards.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Really, what sucks more is that they're all so bad in the TCG - Shade, for example, is an absolutely phenomenal Healer Unit since she has Rescue and Physic, but her cards are all absolute garbage, while Nieve has a gorgeous design but mediocre cards.

They get shafted in their own series? That blows!

Such is life. We can't all have our favorite characters be great, but that's what FEH is for - letting characters like Wendy or Raigh eat up the impossible finds like Brave Hector or Lewyn so they can shine to their fullest. Even then, though, the Cipher OCs get screwed over because they're not even candidates for CYL, so we make do with what we have - I still have a Shade MC deck put together regardless of how bad she may be, and I'll stick with it. I also used to play a Yuzu deck because she used to have pretty decent synergy with Flier cards.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:05 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Such is life. We can't all have our favorite characters be great, but that's what FEH is for - letting characters like Wendy or Raigh eat up the impossible finds like Brave Hector or Lewyn so they can shine to their fullest. Even then, though, the Cipher OCs get screwed over because they're not even candidates for CYL, so we make do with what we have - I still have a Shade MC deck put together regardless of how bad she may be, and I'll stick with it. I also used to play a Yuzu deck because she used to have pretty decent synergy with Flier cards.

Cipher characters have it rough

I mean, it could be worse, at least the first four got into SoV, I'm still waiting to hear if Alice, Valjean, Nieve, and the mysterious unrevealed eighth character are going to be in any future games, plus I have to hold off on 3H until I know if Shade, Yuzu, Emma, and RandalLando are going to be DLC, I'm pretty much not interested in the game otherwise.

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Seazas said:

Annnnd now Cipher is ending. Yikes. 

Because of Heroes, no less. If the Cipher OCs - all eight of them - don't get into Heroes my rage will be boundless. Definitely sending in my thoughts on the matter to the Heroes team, unfortunately I can't reach the Cipher team but someone's gotta initiate that conversation.

5 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Because of Heroes, no less. If the Cipher OCs - all eight of them - don't get into Heroes my rage will be boundless. Definitely sending in my thoughts on the matter to the Heroes team, unfortunately I can't reach the Cipher team but someone's gotta initiate that conversation.

That must suck, the OCs are literally going to vanish into irrelevance if Heroes ignores them.

2 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

I've always really wanted a banner of the Cipher OCs in Heroes. At least Emma / Shade / Yuzu and Ranzal.

I mean they made it into Echoes at the very least.

Sure but Echoes' DLC was quickly forgotten. The DLC supports script was never included here for crying out loud!

On 4/4/2020 at 3:00 AM, Seazas said:

That must suck, the OCs are literally going to vanish into irrelevance if Heroes ignores them.

Sure but Echoes' DLC was quickly forgotten. The DLC supports script was never included here for crying out loud!

Mostly I'm just mad I'm probably never getting a decent Shade MC because if she gets cards they'll be trash as MC.

Wait what. That's weird.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:27 AM, TheVinceKnight said:

I've always really wanted a banner of the Cipher OCs in Heroes. At least Emma / Shade / Yuzu and Ranzal.

I mean they made it into Echoes at the very least.

Emma and Shade at bare minimum deserve a spot - literally just revamp the Tactics Drills to be run by them and presto, they're basically Heroes OCs filling the exact same role as they already had in Cipher. The other six would be a little trickier to implement, but I could see them feasibly being added in various places - Alice and Valjean as a Bound Hero Battle, Randal maybe getting involved for New Summoning Banners, Yuzu being a set Unit in a new Final Stratum of the Training Tower(you get her for free for beating the new level and more copies of her could be included in the Tower quests to make her an easier-to-access +10), Nieve taking a spot as Marth's foe dealing with Tempest Trials. Poe I'd need to think about, but there, you could put seven of the eight in the game and only four of them would need to be made into actual Units with stats and crap.

Honestly, that's what finally killed Three Houses for me - they had a chance to follow up on the Cipher DLC, easily my favorite piece of DLC with maybe two exceptions across all the 3DS games, and instead we got...what we got. As it is, Shade and Palla are my two mainstays every SoV run, so that's cool.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Realized what Nieve could do.