What happens -

Tenee

Ok, So I have not been able to find an answer for this. So maybe someone here can answer this.

On classic, if you had a few units die..do they continue to show up in the pre battle scenes and junk? Like sometimes all of your units will give little pep talks before a mission and even talk to each other.  And on top of that, what happens if you lose everyone except yourself and your main lord.

Does the game just continue with your 2 remaining units? Does it give you nameless generic soldiers like some of the older games (like shadow dragon)

I get that they may not be usable anymore, but are they still at the monastery? 

Anyone who plays on classic, and doesnt just reset when they lose someone able to answer these questions?

I've seen a playthrough where they didn't reset. Caspar "dead" in chapter 6 (though if they die preskip they just "retreat" forever), never shown up anymore in cutscenes, and you can tell because there's always a big space between two characters where he's supposed to stand.

He is atound at the monastery though, but he becomes an NPC (no gifts, no tea, no gameplay interaction at all).

I imagine if they die after timeskip you don't see them anymore, since they ACTUALLY die.

Edited by timon

I finished a BE route and purposely killed off every student except for Edelgard. They still appear in the monestary and talking scenes pre-timeskip but dissapear post-timeskip.

All students dissapear from the cutscene post timeskip, and some scenes outright get skipped.

Hubert is the only person who also appears at the monestary post timeskip and appears in cutscenes and you can also do advanced drills with him, but you won't be able to deploy to teach him anything.

There was also a scene with Hubert, Edelgard and Byleth where they were explaining a situation to the students, but everyone had already perished so they were talking to thin air which I found amusing.

Edited by saymun

1 hour ago, saymun said:

There was also a scene with Hubert, Edelgard and Byleth where they were explaining a situation to the students, but everyone had already perished so they were talking to thin air which I found amusing.

So even Hubert isn't immune to survivor's trauma... very interesting.

Edited by CyberNinja

3 hours ago, saymun said:

I finished a BE route and purposely killed off every student except for Edelgard. They still appear in the monestary and talking scenes pre-timeskip but dissapear post-timeskip.

All students dissapear from the cutscene post timeskip, and some scenes outright get skipped.

Hubert is the only person who also appears at the monestary post timeskip and appears in cutscenes and you can also do advanced drills with him, but you won't be able to deploy to teach him anything.

This is exactly what I was looking for in an answer. And that is hilarious. So it doesn't give you nameless soldiers or anything? Just you and edelgard on the battlefield?

2 hours ago, Tenee said:

This is exactly what I was looking for in an answer. And that is hilarious. So it doesn't give you nameless soldiers or anything? Just you and edelgard on the battlefield?

Nah, you don't get any in replacement of your dead students, so it's pretty much just Edelgard and yourself.

Killing everyone off stops you from eating and doing the choir too, so exploration eventually it just becomes cooking food for nobody to eat, gardening, and a lifetime of tea parties with Edelgard.