How did the three regalia weapons from Archanea ended up in Fódlan?

Hecatia

I remember that in Shadows of Valentia, those were also available by forging weapons, but it made more sense since Valentia is very close to Archanea. Fódlan is a distant continent from all the others, so how did these 3 weapons ended up here?

Are the three regalia just forged weapons with fancy names?

They do? That's a shame.

I didn't mind it in Echoes since being able to mass produce them emphasized them as replicas. Which I approve of in that context. Because back in Gaiden it made somewhat sense that the Gradivus was in the game, seeing how it was Camus' weapon, and he somehow ended up there too. But then it somehow ended up in Hardin's hand in Mystery of the Emblem. So it's hard to imagine that the one in Gaiden was the real deal since apparently the Gradivus never left Akaneia.

Edited by BrightBow

Maybe Fodlan is in the same world as Archanea and Valentia, and each continent has their own versions of the Three Regalia, similar to how Archanea and Valentia each have their own Falchion.

Although… Fodlan has it's own sacred weapons, so why they would need the Three Regalia is beyond me. Jugdral didn't need them, so why would Fodlan? The world may never know....

Edited by indigoasis

The Archanean Regalia appear here? Unexpected.

Kaga the father of FE apparently once stated eons ago he planned to have Falchion and Gradivus appear in every FE. That was why NES Gaiden had them, SoV retconned in in-world explanations. -But I don't know the source of that Kaga assertion. Kaga's plan if real he ceased with FE4, but maybe FE is going in that direction now? 

And to be fair, FE has been doing that with Excalibur. First Archanea, then SS, then Fates. (Ignoring the Excalibur knockoffs like Grafcalibur, Aircalibur, and FE7's Gigascalibur (translated in English as "Excalibur")). Gaiden/SoV has Excalibur as well, but being a spell, it's easier to have multiple "copies" I think. A spell is a technique manipulating magical energies, not a solid lump of metal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pretty sure this is a different universe than archanea, it makes sense cause Valentina is same world as archanea.

As far as I'm aware:

Fe 1,2,3,11,12, 13, 15 all same world

Fe 4,5 all same world

Fe 6,7 all same world

Fe 9,10 all same world

Fe 8, 14, and 16 (3 houses) all individual worlds

If anything it's an Easter egg

10 minutes ago, Wolfen09 said:

Pretty sure this is a different universe than archanea, it makes sense cause Valentina is same world as archanea.

As far as I'm aware:

Fe 4,5 all same world

Fe 6,7 all same world

Fe 9,10 all same world

Fe 8, 14, and 16 (3 houses) all individual worlds

If anything it's an Easter egg

FE4 and 5 are a part of the Archanea world. All of the Kaga games and Awakening take part in the same world.

I'm also pretty sure FETH is part of a different world. It's usually a big tell based on how

Spoiler

dragons operate. FETH's dragons don't operate like the 1-5+Awakening world.

So the Regalia weapons are probably just Easter eggs/references.

Edited by Slumber

13 minutes ago, Wolfen09 said:

As far as I'm aware:

Fe 4,5 all same world

Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea and Valentia. The journeys of Sigurd, Seliph, and Leif happen hundreds of years before Marth, Alm's, and Celica's. 

When does Jugdral happen exactly? Not sure, but at the least, the Miracle of Darna should be between -740 and -500 Archanean Count, since -500 is Naga's death year.

The birth of the Loptian Empire happened in 440 Jugdral Count, and the Miracle is 632, Naga has to live until at least then. -740 is when the Earth Dragons and their allies begin their war against humanity and Naga and her allies. So unless Loptous went evil before the Earth Dragons struck out, the nearly 200 years pre-Miracle of the Loptian Empire have to fit snuggly into this Earth-Divine war timeframe of 240 years.

757 JC is the year Sigurd's journey begins, which is 125 years after the Miracle. Marth doesn't set out from Talys until 604 AC. Therefore, there about 1000 years between Sigurd, and Marth and Alm/Celica (whose journey takes place entirely in 606 AC).

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

They do? That's a shame.

I didn't mind it in Echoes since being able to mass produce them emphasized them as replicas. Which I approve of in that context. Because back in Gaiden it made somewhat sense that the Gradivus was in the game, seeing how it was Camus' weapon, and he somehow ended up there too. But then it somehow ended up in Hardin's hand in Mystery of the Emblem. So it's hard to imagine that the one in Gaiden was the real deal since apparently the Gradivus never left Akaneia.

Outside Kaga wanting the weapons to show up in every game, since it's never stated in-game, nothing says you can't apply the explanation SoV gave. It's not like Hardin was stated to have the lace the entire two years between the end of Shadow Dragon and Mystery.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jugdral is in the same world as Archanea and Valentia. The journeys of Sigurd, Seliph, and Leif happen hundreds of years before Marth, Alm's, and Celica's. 

When does Jugdral happen exactly? Not sure, but at the least, the Miracle of Darna should be between -740 and -500 Archanean Count, since -500 is Naga's death year.

The birth of the Loptian Empire happened in 440 Jugdral Count, and the Miracle is 632, Naga has to live until at least then. -740 is when the Earth Dragons and their allies begin their war against humanity and Naga and her allies. So unless Loptous went evil before the Earth Dragons struck out, the nearly 200 years pre-Miracle of the Loptian Empire have to fit snuggly into this Earth-Divine war timeframe of 240 years.

757 JC is the year Sigurd's journey begins, which is 125 years after the Miracle. Marth doesn't set out from Talys until 604 AC. Therefore, there about 1000 years between Sigurd, and Marth and Alm/Celica (whose journey takes place entirely in 606 AC).

The wiki has it organized. Serenes also hosts some articles that talk of the conection of the two continents. They key point is that Galle traveled to Archanea before the Earth Dragons degenerated, otherwise Loptyr/Loptou couldn't have made a Blood bind with him.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kaga the father of FE apparently once stated eons ago he planned to have Falchion and Gradivus appear in every FE. That was why NES Gaiden had them, SoV retconned in in-world explanations. -But I don't know the source of that Kaga assertion. Kaga's plan if real he ceased with FE4, but maybe FE is going in that direction now? 

And to be fair, FE has been doing that with Excalibur. First Archanea, then SS, then Fates. (Ignoring the Excalibur knockoffs like Grafcalibur, Aircalibur, and FE7's Gigascalibur (translated in English as "Excalibur")). Gaiden/SoV has Excalibur as well, but being a spell, it's easier to have multiple "copies" I think. A spell is a technique manipulating magical energies, not a solid lump of metal.

Could be the same spell; but there's still different contexts between settings. Archanea's Excalibur, for example, is a weapon forged not unlike Falchion or the Jugdrali Holy Weapons. Which wouldn't apply for the other Excaliburs.

51 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The wiki has it organized. Serenes also hosts some articles that talk of the conection of the two continents. They key point is that Galle traveled to Archanea before the Earth Dragons degenerated, otherwise Loptyr/Loptou couldn't have made a Blood bind with him.

Alternately, it could have just been before the entire tribe degenerated, since it wasn't an on-off switch sort of thing and was more gradual. It's probably easier to make sense of it if at least the war between Divine and Earth Dragons had started, because otherwise Loptous would have had no reason to leave the continent to go live in a human body.

Anyway, the Regalia being here is really strange. It could be on the same planet as Archanea, considering similar draconic degeneration takes place, but it could not. Hauteclere makes the most sense of the "weird Archanean weapons appearing for no reason" because it's not really legendary in the same sense as Gradivus/Parthia/Mercurius are, sort of? At least they're not, like, actual legendary god-powered weapons appearing in completely unrelated settings, like arguably Fates!Mjolnir?

6 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

At least they're not, like, actual legendary god-powered weapons appearing in completely unrelated settings, like arguably Fates!Mjolnir?

Fates!Mjolnir has a different name in Japan and tome design from Jugdral's. It's likely it's not the same weapon; but the translators gave it that one anyway. There's precedent, like Blazing Sword's Gigascalibur got changed to Excalibur.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Fates!Mjolnir has a different name in Japan and tome design from Jugdral's. It's likely it's not the same weapon; but the translators gave it that one anyway. There's precedent, like Blazing Sword's Gigascalibur got changed to Excalibur.

Ah, yeah. I never looked at Fates's translation differences because at the time of release everyone was screaming about localization. (It's still kind of dumb to name it that, imo.)

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

FE4 and 5 are a part of the Archanea world. All of the Kaga games and Awakening take part in the same world.

I'm also pretty sure FETH is part of a different world. It's usually a big tell based on how

Hide contents

dragons operate. FETH's dragons don't operate like the 1-5+Awakening world.

So the Regalia weapons are probably just Easter eggs/references.

Ah? I found dragons in Three Houses incredibly close to Archanea...other than not showing dragon stones they pretty much fit in, even down to sharing dragon blood with humans.

10 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

dragon stones

I mean that's basically the crest stones? Well, in this case its their heart but magical stone turning people in dragons and other creatures they basically fit the bill if they didn't cause immediate berserker insanity.

10 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Ah, yeah. I never looked at Fates's translation differences because at the time of release everyone was screaming about localization. (It's still kind of dumb to name it that, imo.)

To be fair, it's name in Japan is also Mjolnir. Fates localization respected that, despite having named the Jugdrali weapon Mjolnir as well, which in Japan is ThorHammer.

Of course, it stands to question as to why they made a different version of the same tome, or spell, though I haven't seen animations to compare. Since they didn't reused ThorHammer, as well as the different design it has, it is meant to be a separate entity from ThorHammer!Mjolnir.

15 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Ah? I found dragons in Three Houses incredibly close to Archanea...other than not showing dragon stones they pretty much fit in, even down to sharing dragon blood with humans.

There's no mention of degeneration, which is a core concept in EVERY single game from FE1-5 as well as one that's still brought up and touched upon in Awakening.

And not all of the dragons are "dragons". Indech is a giant turtle, which isn't how we ever saw dragons portrayed. Additionally, while none of the manaketes show their ears, it doesn't seem like they have big pointy elf ears like main world manaketes do. ADDITIONALLY, no mention of Naga or the divine dragons, and Sothis being a "progenitor god" is not how dragons were portrayed in those games.

I'm not saying it's impossible for FETH to be a main world FE game, but it just seems unlikely to me.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

There's no mention of degeneration, which is a core concept in EVERY single game from FE1-5 as well as one that's still brought up and touched upon in Awakening.

And not all of the dragons are "dragons". Indech is a giant turtle, which isn't how we ever saw dragons portrayed. Additionally, while none of the manaketes show their ears, it doesn't seem like they have big pointy elf ears like main world manaketes do. ADDITIONALLY, no mention of Naga or the divine dragons, and Sothis being a "progenitor god" is not how dragons were portrayed in those games.

I'm not saying it's impossible for FETH to be a main world FE game, but it just seems unlikely to me.

I mean, Sothis's ears are pointed elf ears, and we do see those. And every other dragon having hair that just so happens to hide their ears makes me think it's intentional.

Draconic degeneration is definitely present in Seiros, Macuil, and Indech; Cethleann and Cichol explicitly threw away their dragon forms, so I would suspect they're similar to Xane and Gotoh in the fact that they can't do so because they're not really dragons any more..

...However, I have this odd theory that Sothis is the only proper Archanean dragon there, and her children are sort of artificial dragon-like beings. Since she's the one that displays most of the traits of the main world dragons, it wouldn't surprise me if she was a (other, thanks to Echoes retcons) rogue divine dragon that went and found someplace nice to set up shop, long before draconic degeneration started happening in Archanea. 

16 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

I mean, Sothis's ears are pointed elf ears, and we do see those. And every other dragon having hair that just so happens to hide their ears makes me think it's intentional.

Draconic degeneration is definitely present in Seiros, Macuil, and Indech; Cethleann and Cichol explicitly threw away their dragon forms, so I would suspect they're similar to Xane and Gotoh in the fact that they can't do so because they're not really dragons any more..

...However, I have this odd theory that Sothis is the only proper Archanean dragon there, and her children are sort of artificial dragon-like beings. Since she's the one that displays most of the traits of the main world dragons, it wouldn't surprise me if she was a (other, thanks to Echoes retcons) rogue divine dragon that went and found someplace nice to set up shop, long before draconic degeneration started happening in Archanea. 

True with Sothis' ears, I suppose I forgot that...

Rhea/Seiros isn't going through typical Draconic degeneration. She's going nuts in a very human way over the loss of her mother. After the events of the game, in endings where Rhea lives, she more or less makes a full recovery and lives peacefully, which isn't something that happens in main world FE. Once degeneration sets in, you're bound to become a mindless killing machine and there's no reversing it. It's why every dragon was so dead set on preventing it instead.

Macuil I don't remember, but Indech seemed like more of a crotchety old man dragon than one going through degeneracy. He tested humans to see if they were worthy of his bow, and recognized Seteth and Flayn, which again, isn't typical with the degeneration we know of.

It's possible they're "fake" dragons, but then that just goes back to degeneration seemingly not being a thing, or a thing nobody's aware of in FETH's world.

I'd love if FETH was part of the "main" FE world, since there's a lot of good world building that would add nicely to the other continents. But some of the naming conventions of places(FETH having TWO continents named after Jugdral characters would make things confusing) makes me think it's unlikely, and along with the dragon thing, I'd have to hear it from IS to believe it.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

True with Sothis' ears, I suppose I forgot that...

Rhea/Seiros isn't going through typical Draconic degeneration. She's going nuts in a very human way over the loss of her mother. After the events of the game, in endings where Rhea lives, she more or less makes a full recovery and lives peacefully, which isn't something that happens in main world FE. Once degeneration sets in, you're bound to become a mindless killing machine and there's no reversing it. It's why every dragon was so dead set on preventing it instead.

Macuil I don't remember, but Indech seemed like more of a crotchety old man dragon than one going through degeneracy. He tested humans to see if they were worthy of his bow, and recognized Seteth and Flayn, which again, isn't typical with the degeneration we know of.

It's possible they're "fake" dragons, but then that just goes back to degeneration seemingly not being a thing, or a thing nobody's aware of in FETH's world.

That's fair. I didn't remember too well with Indech, so thanks. But yeah, if is is connected, I'd probably theorize that Sothis is the only "true" dragon, and that she simply died before degeneration started affecting "true" dragons. If it's not (which is really more probable) then it's definitely more LIKE Archanea in regards to dragons than the last several non-remake games, which is refreshing. 

3 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

That's fair. I didn't remember too well with Indech, so thanks. But yeah, if is is connected, I'd probably theorize that Sothis is the only "true" dragon, and that she simply died before degeneration started affecting "true" dragons. If it's not (which is really more probable) then it's definitely more LIKE Archanea in regards to dragons than the last several non-remake games, which is refreshing. 

All fair. There's enough wiggle room in FETH for it to go either way, and there are plenty of ways IS could say it either is or isn't part of the same world as Archanea, Valentia and Jugdral. They could confirm theories like yours and I'd be able to buy it.

Pretty sure it's more an homage than anything else.

Fire Emblem is no stranger to reusing names across all games. I've lost track of how many times they've reused Excalibur.

And of course Mjolnir exists as a regular tome in Fatesland but as a legendary weapon in Jugdral and the two have no relation.