So about a certain serpent-like sword (Major spoilers)

Yexin

How is that Edelgard owns Seiros' Sword if you go against her, while Rhea/Seiros uses it if you side with Edelgard?

Do markets have whole stocks of this sword? Does the game somehow explain it?

I haven't played Golden Deer yet so I don't know if they explain it there, but I honestly doubt it

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

How is that Edelgard owns Seiros' Sword if you go against her, while Rhea/Seiros uses it if you side with Edelgard?

Do markets have whole stocks of this sword? Does the game somehow explain it?

I haven't played Golden Deer yet so I don't know if they explain it there, but I honestly doubt it

Because the Church is in a significantly worse position in all routes that you don't side with her, she likely had time to loot the artifact. While in Edelgard's own route, Rhea armored up and left to Faerghus with her knights.

Edited by CyberNinja

I just played through Golden Deer and found it wierd that she was clutching the Seiros Sword in the cutscene following her defeat, yet she doesn't actually use it at any point, just Aymr.

Speaking of stuff not explained, it's also too bad that her Aymr axe is totally glossed over.

For me the sword makes perfect sense chronology wise, (though i did find her not using it at the palace odd, though at least she didn't give away the sword yet still had  it in the cutscene or something, *cough* DK *cough*) what I want to know is when/how she put the Serios Shield in the Holy Tomb. 

As for Amyr, you can infer things about it through game mechanics and the like (It's repaired through agarthium and not umbral steel, and it's combat art correlates with it apparently having the crest of the beast on it) but yeah I don't think they ever go into it in more depth. 

10 hours ago, goodperson707 said:

As for Amyr, you can infer things about it through game mechanics and the like (It's repaired through agarthium and not umbral steel, and it's combat art correlates with it apparently having the crest of the beast on it) but yeah I don't think they ever go into it in more depth. 

The real question is why can Edelgard use its art though, or why Marianne can't. We know that to "awaken" the "true power" (combat arts) of those weapons you need to have the same crest as the crest stone. I guess it's a bit complicated for her to have a matching weapon, since Seiros's crest stone is still in place and beating, and the Flames' crest stone is, well, you know.

4 hours ago, timon said:

The real question is why can Edelgard use its art though, or why Marianne can't. We know that to "awaken" the "true power" (combat arts) of those weapons you need to have the same crest as the crest stone. I guess it's a bit complicated for her to have a matching weapon, since Seiros's crest stone is still in place and beating, and the Flames' crest stone is, well, you know.

1. the axe can't be using the beast crest stone because that weapon already exists in Marriane's paralogue

2. TWSITD have been working on making artificial crest stones, if I recall.

3. as above, TWSITD managed to make copies of all hero relics

4. She can likely use it due to being a custom job or maybe technology marches on and its linked to bloodline rather than crest.

5. or the "art" isn't the true power but instead El dangerously using the artifact and almost going beast herself.

but that's all conjecture.