Describe your Fire Emblem Warriors 2

While I do not like your roster choices, I do like the dual-weapon choices for each character. The question it brings up, however, is how it will work with prf weapons. Will each character have a second prf weapon? Will they be able to wield other character's prf weapons? Or will they be forced to use generic, inferior weapons if they want to use their secondary playstyle?

Edited by Etheus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Red Dingo said:

Since bows are advantageous against flying units and tomes against armor, perhaps gauntlets and daggers should specialize against infantry and cavalry respectively.

Well, tomes don't go as far as having effective damage against armor/beasts/dragons. They just happen to exploit low resistance.

I think Warriors 2 should allow more opportunities for weapon distinction in general. Not just in terms of this weapon has innate effectiveness or it doesn't.

I'd start with giving all weapons innate skills that could be literally anything. In the case of generic weapons, they'd randomly roll a skill for their 9th, uninheritable slot. In the case of prf weapons, they would all have a custom skill for that slot. Navarre's Wo Dao could have Critical+ while Ike's Ragnell could have Armorslayer and Olivia's Blade could grant nearby allies a stat buff/healing over time.

In the case of Bows, they would keep their flier effectiveness in slot 9 and then have another innate for slot 10.

In the case of daggers, a defense/resistance debuff for slot 9, and then another innate for slot 10.

Edited by Etheus

On 4/30/2020 at 10:23 AM, Etheus said:

While I do not like your roster choices, I do like the dual-weapon choices for each character. The question it brings up, however, is how it will work with prf weapons. Will each character have a second prf weapon? Will they be able to wield other character's prf weapons? Or will they be forced to use generic, inferior weapons if they want to use their secondary playstyle?

In my original draft, the base game would include prf weapons for everybody's primary class, while secondary class prfs would be in the DLC maps as rewards. Until then they'd have to rely on the generic Brave weapons, much like how Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Anna, and Tiki didn't get their prfs until the first game's DLC.

I feel like this would help sell the primary class as the "main" one, while also giving incentive to play the DLC maps.

On 5/3/2020 at 2:18 AM, Anomalocaris said:

In my original draft, the base game would include prf weapons for everybody's primary class, while secondary class prfs would be in the DLC maps as rewards. Until then they'd have to rely on the generic Brave weapons, much like how Robin, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Anna, and Tiki didn't get their prfs until the first game's DLC.

I feel like this would help sell the primary class as the "main" one, while also giving incentive to play the DLC maps.

I could get behind that. But they really would need to cut down on prf grinding with multiple prfs per character. It's already quite obnoxious.

Tie weapon attribute unlock KOs to the character, not to the weapon, or half them to 5,000 per weapon.

Increase drop rate of effective damage weapon attributes.

Reduce the cost of materials for unlocking the weapons enhanced forms and display the materials that can be obtained in each History map.

7 hours ago, Etheus said:

I could get behind that. But they really would need to cut down on prf grinding with multiple prfs per character. It's already quite obnoxious.

Tie weapon attribute unlock KOs to the character, not to the weapon, or half them to 5,000 per weapon.

Increase drop rate of effective damage weapon attributes.

Reduce the cost of materials for unlocking the weapons enhanced forms and display the materials that can be obtained in each History map.

I was thinking reduced KO count (3000 or 5000), and the crest itself would cost fewer materials to craft. Maybe just the Weapon Scroll itself, even.

Also only Weapon Scrolls, no Weapon Opi, assuming the weapon might cap either stays at 240 even after updates, or is just 720 from the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hard-pressed to make my own roster and plot, so if I may I'll pick one of yours.

I'm going with @Red Dingo's . Two thumbs up. Would play through it ad infinitum. Also:

Valter - Lance Wyvern. Was promised a bloody good time.

I love it. XD

The only two things I would add/change are:

1. For Roy, change the lightning effects to fire (e.g. Strong 3 lightning circle --> ring of fire) though you probably intended for this anyway. Or just give him a new moveset.
  2. Throw in Alm to keep Celica company. As others have suggested, he would use the Chrom/Lucina moveset BUT his Strong 6 would be Rowan/Lianna/Darios' golden flurry, substituting the blade's golden glow with a blue glow, basically turning it into a mini Scendscale flurry.

I've had this in my mind for a while, but I want to see a new mode called Free Play or Quickplay. Map is chosen manually or at random, the enemies and bases are randomly generated within reason (possibly w/ filtering options); So you can simply pick your characters and go to town. This would allow us to just jump right into Warriors gameplay while keeping things fresh. We need a mode like this that we can keep coming back to even after completing the game 100%. Playing the same history mode maps gets really old.

Now that I think about it, there could also be an Arcade mode of sorts where you play maybe half a dozen Free Play/Quickplay maps in succession and receive better rewards at the end based on your performance. If a character dies on Classic Mode, you'd have to start Arcade over to avoid having to waste gold reviving them. Barring that last part, I guess it's like Tempest Trials, Warriors style. Bonus points if the final round is always set to have a villain as the enemy leader.

18 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I'm hard-pressed to make my own roster and plot, so if I may I'll pick one of yours.

I'm going with @Red Dingo's . Two thumbs up. Would play through it ad infinitum. Also:

I love it. XD

The only two things I would add/change are:

1. For Roy, change the lightning effects to fire (e.g. Strong 3 lightning circle --> ring of fire) though you probably intended for this anyway. Or just give him a new moveset.
  2. Throw in Alm to keep Celica company. As others have suggested, he would use the Chrom/Lucina moveset BUT his Strong 6 would be Rowan/Lianna/Darios' golden flurry, substituting the blade's golden glow with a blue glow, basically turning it into a mini Scendscale flurry.

I've had this in my mind for a while, but I want to see a new mode called Free Play or Quickplay. Map is chosen manually or at random, the enemies and bases are randomly generated within reason (possibly w/ filtering options); So you can simply pick your characters and go to town. This would allow us to just jump right into Warriors gameplay while keeping things fresh. We need a mode like this that we can keep coming back to even after completing the game 100%. Playing the same history mode maps gets really old.

Now that I think about it, there could also be an Arcade mode of sorts where you play maybe half a dozen Free Play/Quickplay maps in succession and receive better rewards at the end based on your performance. If a character dies on Classic Mode, you'd have to start Arcade over to avoid having to waste gold reviving them. Barring that last part, I guess it's like Tempest Trials, Warriors style. Bonus points if the final round is always set to have a villain as the enemy leader.

Warframe uses random combinations of premade rooms, which is a good approach for this sort of infinitely replayable game mode. You get variety, while still feeling like the content has been hand-crafted.

In regards to modes, I'd really like to see a drop in, drop out persistent co-op mode, like Destiny's patrol zones. 

With regard to modes, what I'd like to see is a new mode that makes losing units an actual thing that happens.

FEW1 gives you the option to play Classic or Casual mode, but it's a pretty pointless mechanic since all Classic does is make it so you have to pay a money fee if a unit falls. It's just monetary grinding rather than any real consequences, and so I'm of the opinion that it should be removed from the main game modes and simply function like Casual mode.

To make up for that, the new mode would have a sort of chain-challenge element to it, in that you'd be given a sequence of several missions to play (five sound good, with the caveat you don't have to do it all at once?) and only a small number of units to use across all the missions (perhaps eight units?). If any of your playable characters gets defeated in battle, not only are they gone from that mission, they're also gone from all the remaining missions in the same chain challenge. Enemies also have much higher Strength and Magic stats than usual, such that losing characters due to misplay is actually a realistic consequence, and healing is limited; staves and vulneraries don't recharge between battles, and other sources of healing (fortresses, Sol) are limited or just don't work.

The rewards, of course, would be scaled proportionately; you'd get a large trove of rare materials and gold, and perhaps some one-time unlocks such as new weapons and characters could even be hidden behind it.

Maybe these chain challenges could be connected to the Anna's Mementos this time around.

Edited by Anomalocaris

• 1 month later...

Hoo boy this is a lengthy post.
edit 1: Added the Askr Trio mentioned in the Story section in the Roster.
Story:
 I myself am unsure of where the story would go, though I feel it could work better in the Heroes setting, with the Askr trio acting as the main characters.

Mechanics: 

I'd personally like to see some alterations to the Weapon Triangle, either by including the version in Fates that factored in Bows and Tomes (not too sure about what would cover the daggers' spot, since Daggers only appeared in two games in the series), or adding a magic triangle, either the one from Jugdral (with Fire, Wind, and Thunder) or the one in Elibe/Magvel (Light, Anima, and Dark). 

In addition, a secondary weapon system would be hella good, both to distinguish the clones somewhat (Chrom gains a lance as a secondary, Lucina gains a bow due to her being associated with them in other media) and to add to the strategy. Not too sure how it would be implemented, though, whether it be involved in an Active-Skill type system a la Fate:Extella Link or certain combo enders counting as the particular weapon.

One final thing - palette swap costumes are back from Hyrule Warriors as a collectible, some come with minor accessories but are mostly palettes.
Roster:

Everyone from the first game returns (even Rowan/Lianna despite them not being the main characters in the hypothetical story), but some will gain moveset changes or in some cases, new weapons. 
Note that the returning Anna is a separate character than the one in the Askr trio, and would be referred to as "Merchant Anna" in menus or in dialogue portraits.

Newcomers:
I'd be certain that this would focus primarily on Fodlan, Elibe, Telllius, and possibly Valentia. 

Askr:
Alfonse - Infantry sword, would be a balanced character.
Sharena - Infantry Lance
Commander Anna - Infantry Axe

Fodlan:
My main picks here are going along the lines of two characters for each faction, not counting Byleth as part of a particular faction.
Byleth - Sword user who uses a whip-like sword. 
Edelgard - Armored Axe User, uses some magic in addition to axe swings. 
Ferdinand - Cavalry Lance User. 
Dimitri - Infantry Lance User, focuses on Offense in terms of both attack and stat spread.
Dedue - Armored Lance User.
Claude - Wyvern riding Bow User.
Lysithea - Infantry Dark Magic user. Unlike Tharja, who is a clone of Robin to an extent, Lysithea has her own moveset that purely uses dark magic.
Seteth - Wyvern riding Lance User, focuses more on combat than utility/support.
Jeritza - Cavalry lance user, but mixes in the lance swings with dark magic. 

(Note: I haven't played the Elibe, Tellius, or Shadows of Valentia, so these picks are generally based on research)
Elibe:
Roy - Sword user with a somewhat untrained swordplay style that supplements their attacks with fire magic.
Lilina - Magic user that primarily uses fire magic.
Echidna - Uses a combination of Axes and Swords.
Niime - Dark magic user, could focus a bit on support.

Hector - Infantry Axe user, generally filling the "slow but powerful" playstyle.
Eliwood - Mounted Sword User, though in terms of playstyle, he focuses on crowd clearing more than Xander with greater range and using fire alongside his swords, at the cost of mobility and speed.
Canas - Dark magic user, could be quicker in terms of attacks and have somewhat of a clumsy attacking style that still manages to be powerful.
Ninian - Manakete, could have a different gimmick than Tiki in terms of transformation, and would use ice rather than light. Can also function as a dancer.
Jaffar - Very agile and acrobatic sword-play style as a Thief.

Tellius:
Ike - Sword user, is the "slow but powerful" character for swords.
Ranulf - Cat-like beast moveset that uses fast physical strikes.
Reyson - Unique Bird-like playstyle that uses the wind to attack and can chant for support. 
Tibarn - Bird-like moveset that is essentially a flier, focusing on tearing apart enemies up close.
Zelgius - Armored sword user.
Oliver - Light mage, could serve as a joke character for the meme.

Miciah - Light mage, focuses primarily on light magic to distinguish herself from Linde. 
Sanaki - Mage, uses each of the elements like Robin and Linde.
Sothe - Thief, uses fast but short-ranged sword attacks, could also do some debuffing.
Skrmir - The "slow but powerful" Laguz.
Elincia - Sword-based Pegasus Knight.

Valentia:
Alm - Infantry sword user who fights with his left hand.
(I'm not familiar enough with Gaiden or its remake for the characters to pick alongside Alm)

History Mode Characters:
These characters might not have much story prescence and are unlockable, though more than one may be unlockable in each map.
Sigurd: Sword-using Cavalier. Unlocked by beating the Geneology of the Holy War History Map.
Lief: Master Knight - can wield any weapon type except Dark Magic and Dragonstones. Not too sure how this will translate into mechanics. Unlocked by beating the Thracia History Mode map.
Erika: Would have a similar swordplay style to Marth, but would have more mobile and quick combo finishers and will move around a lot. Unlocked near the beginning of the Magvel history mode map.
Ephraim: Ground-based lancer user, could be a very speedy lance attacker, like Lyn or Navarre but for lances. Unlocked by beating the Magvel history mode map.

Enemy Only Characters:
Note that these can be unlocked as costumes for the characters they are clones of.
The Flame Emperor - Uses Edelgard's moveset.
The Death Knight - Uses Jeritza's moveset.
The Black Knight - Uses Zelgius' moveset.

Villains:
Validar, Iago, Gharnef and Darios are returning, though they're only seen in History Mode. However, they're unlockable and have their own movesets instead of sharing a moveset with other characters.
Validar - I personally don't really know how he would play.
Iago - Would be FE Warrior's answer to Wizzro, having a rather technical playstyle focusing on traps and delayed attacks.
Gharnef - Again, I personally have little idea.
Darios - This one I'm interested in. You know how in Heroes, Fallen Robin is essentially a player-controlled Grima? Here, Darios is still possessed while playable, and instead of sharing Rowan/Lianna's movesets, he uses Velezark's attacks, abeit greatly scaled down to fit a player and not a boss.

New Villains:
Reinhardt - Primarily serves as the boss of the Thracia Map but may appear as a boss in other areas. Uses a magic-based cavalry moveset that has a LOT of range.

Personal Wants:
Just some personal picks I would like to see that may or may not really follow the themeing of the post. 

Archanea:
Wrys - Mainly for the meme, he's make for a hilarious character imo.

Magvel:
L' Arachel - What Robin is to Linde is what L'Arachel is to Leo/Elise, being a more crowd-focused and faster cavalry mage than them.
Amelia - Lance-using armored knight, has a chain attached to the lance to allow for very long-ranged attacks.
Knoll - Primarily adding him for gameplay potential, with him getting a very unique moveset based on the Summoner Class.

Fodlan:
Linhardt - Would serve as both a Male healer, and a wind-magic using tome user.
Bernadetta - Would make a good pick for a Bow Knight playstyle.

History Mode Maps:
Blue Skies and a Battle - Byleth's History Mode Map. Based on the Battle of Eagle and Lion chapter, though so as to avoid favoring a given route, Byleth is not affliated with any of the three houses and must fight all of them. Beating this unlocks the opposite gender Byleth that serves as the default.
Neverending Dream - The Binding Blade History Mode Map. Zelgius serves as the boss.
(Unsure of what chapter to represent Path of Radiance or Blazing Blade with)
Rebirth - The Radiant Dawn History Mode Map, represents the final map. 
Doors of Destiny - The Geneology of the Holy War map, based on the chapter of the same name (ending in the Battle of Belhalla). Sigurd is unlocked upon beating it.
Onward to Manster - The Thracia 776 History Mode map, based on the "Across the River" chapter of the same game. Reinhardt serves as the boss, and Lief is unlocked after completing it.
Siblings Reunite - The Sacred Stones History Map, based on the chapter "It's a Trap!". Uniquely, Erika is unlocked at the very beginning of the map, while Ephraim is unlocked by beating the map. Zelgius or the Black Knight serves as the boss.

Edited by RomanFlour

• 2 months later...

My Warriors 2 would actually be a Three Houses side story that mainly takes place between Parts I and II, with the History Mode maps shedding light on plot points left open. Here are the characters:

Starting Roster

Black Eagles

• Edelgard (Armored Lord)
  • Hubert (Dark Bishop)
  • Ferdinand (Paladin)
  • Linhardt (Bishop)
  • Caspar (Warrior)
  • Bernadetta (Bow Knight)
  • Dorothea (Songstress Mage)
  • Petra (Swordmaster)

Blue Lions

• Dimitri (Great Lord)
  • Dedue (Fortress Knight)
  • Felix (Assassin)
  • Ashe (Sniper)
  • Sylvain (Paladin)
  • Mercedes (Bishop)
  • Annette (War Cleric)
  • Ingrid (Pegasus Knight)

Golden Deer

• Claude (Barbarossa)
  • Lorenz (Valkyrie)
  • Raphael (Grappler)
  • Ignatz (Sniper)
  • Lysithea (Gremory)
  • Marianne (Preist)
  • Hilda (Warrior)
  • Leonie (Bow Knight)

Unlockable Characters

Church of Seiros

• Rhea (Saint)
  • Seteth (Wyvern Lord)
  • Flayn (Bishop)
  • Hanneman (Warlock)
  • Manuela (Songstress)
  • Gilbert (Fortress Knight)
  • Alois (War Master)
  • Catherine (Mortal Servant)
  • Shamir (Sniper)
  • Cyril (Wyvern Rider)

Misc.

• Byleth (Enlightened One)
  • $-Jeralt (Paladin)
  • $-Jeritza (Death Knight)
  • $-Anna (Trickster)
  • $-Sothis (Girl on the Throne)
  • Arundel (Dark Knight)
  • Rodrigue (Holy Knight)
  • $-Acheron (Warlock)
  • Solon (Dark Bishop)
  • $-Cornelia (Gremory)
  • Kronya (Assassin)
  • $-Nemesis (King of Liberation)

amiibo Bonus Characters (Bold denotes characters who didn't appear in the first FE Warriors game)

• Marth (Lord)
  • Tiki (Manakete)
  • Alm (Hero)
  • Celica (Priestess)
  • Roy (Great Lord)
  • Ike (Vanguard)
  • Chrom (Exalt)
  • Robin (Tactitian)
  • Lucina (Parallel Lord)
  • Corrin (Lord)
Edited by Perkilator

The above user actually presented an idea very much like what I had wanted to see.

Since Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is it's own standalone prequel to the events of BotW, I would actually like to see a FE Warriors game based in the world of 3H, using its characters exclusively (but with bonus unlockable characters from other games, although I wouldn't lock them behind an amiibo, but maybe DLC instead), but also telling a unique side story from the days before or after the timeskip. There isn't much to add, actually, since the roster given above is pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

Maybe add a small monastery hub world to interact with other characters, buy weapons, etc. in between the missions as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• 1 month later...

Here's an updated concept from me on the canon 3H midquel with non-canon history concept.

Modes

Story - A canon midquel to 3H, taking place during the 5 year war that players did not get to experience. Has multiple routes for Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri. Unlock Byleth and Rhea for Free Mode and History on completion of any route.

Free mode - Play story missions with no character restrictions at higher difficulty.

History mode - includes canon maps from Legacy FE games. Includes the full FE Warriors 1 roster, minus Rowan and Lianna, and new additions from older games.

New Gameplay Mechanics:

Alternate weapons - Every non-stone character has an alternate weapon type. Can swap mid fight. This helps distinguish clones. For example, Hinoka has Claude's flying bow moveset as an alternate while Caeda has Elincia's flying sword. Character weaknesses (ie: to cavalry slaying, anti-flier, dragonslaying, and armorslaying) carry over and models never change - only attack animations. Meaning no character can have both mounted an unmounted movesets.

Each character will now have 2 personal weapons, with KO requirements halved and rare skill drops doubled.

Every character now gets their innate skill for free, without having to take up a skill slot. The number of skill slots is unchanged and characters cannot learn/equip their own skill in said slots.

Updated weapon triangle. Swords/Daggers/Light beat Axes/Brawling/Dark beat Lances/Bows/Anima beat Swords/Daggers/Light. Stones are weak to all things untransformed and strong to all things while transformed.

Skills with random procs (Sol, Luna, Lethality, Aegis, Pavise, etc.) now trigger based on Luck and Skill, divided evenly, not just Luck. This is so that characters with high skill but low luck will now be viable. It also ensures that characters with high numbers in both will also be very strong in that regard.

Increased scaling of Strength and Magic drastically, reduced base damage. This is to make these stats actually matter.

Every weapon now has an innate skill, not just limited to slayer skills. Wo Dao could have Critical+, for example

Breakdown by Moveset:

Spoiler

Swords

Light Brand (Twins from FEW1):

Leif 1 (Has Staff)

Rhea 1 (Has Staff)

Sharena 2

Lysithea 2 (Has Staff)

Lord:

Marth 1

Alm 1

Celica 1

Roy 1

Hero:

Chrom 1

Lucina 1

Ike 1

Owain 1

Myrmidon:

Lyn 1

Navarre 1

Felix 1

Jaffar 2

Yuri 2 (Has Staff)

Thunderblade:

Ryoma 1

Robin 2

Takumi 2

Dimitri 2

Whip:

Byleth 1

Dancer:

Olivia 1

Linde 2

Cavalry:

Xander 1

Eirika 1

Leo 2

Marianne 2 (Has Staff)

Camus 2

Flier:

Elincia 1 (Has Staff)

Caeda 2

Claude 2

Constance 2 (Has Staff)

Lances

Lord:

Dimitri 1

Ephraim 1

Sharena 1

Chrom 2

Soldier:

Oboro 1

Roy 2

Hilda 2

Dancer:

Azura 1

Lewyn 2 (replace water particles with wind)

Paladin:

Camus 1

Sylvain 1

Frederick 2

Bernadetta 2

Linhardt 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:

Caeda 1

Cordelia 1 (Has Staff)

Hinoka 1 (Has Staff)

Seteth 1

Axes

Lord:

Edelgard 1

Hector 1

Ike 2

Lilina 2

Warrior:

Hilda 1

Navarre 2

Ephraim 2

Tharja 2

War Priest:

Lissa 1 (Has Staff)

Balthus 2 (Has Staff)

Anna 2

Annette 2

Marth 2

Great Knight:

Frederick 1

Xander 2

Hapi 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:

Minerva 1

Camilla 1

Seteth 2

Bows

Lord:

Takumi 1

Sakura 1 (Has Staff)

Lyn 2

Lucina 2

Alm 2

Thief:

Niles 1 (Has Staff)

Anna 1

Yuri 1 (Has Staff)

Sothe 2 

Cavalry:

Bernadetta 1

Eirika 2

Elise 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:

Claude 1

Hinoka 2 (Has Staff)

Petra 2

Tomes

Dark:

Robin 1

Tharja 1

Lysithea 1 (Has Staff)

Edelgard 2

Owain 2

Light:

Linde 1 (Has Staff)

Micaiah 1 (Has Staff)

Lissa 2 (Has Staff)

Sakura 2 (Has Staff)

Leif 2 (Has Staff)

Azura 2

Fire:

Lilina 1,

Celica 2 (Has Staff)

Niles 2 (Has Staff)

Wind:

Lewyn 1

Annette 1

Oboro 2

Dark Knight (Cavalry):

Leo 1

Hapi 1 (Has Staff)

Sylvain 2

Holy Knight (Cavalry):

Linhardt 1 (Has Staff)

Marianne 1 (Has Staff)

Elise 1 (Has Staff)

Flying:

Constance 1 (Has Staff)

Cordelia 2 (Has Staff)

Camilla 2

Daggers:

Rogue:

Sothe 1

Jaffar 1

Ryoma 2

Olivia 2

Micaiah 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:

Petra 1

Elincia 2 (Has Staff)

Minerva 2

Brawling

Brawler:

Balthus 1 (Has Staff)

Felix 2

Byleth 2

Hector 2

Rhea 2 (Has Staff)

Stones (All share Tiki's mechanic of transforming when using Awakening Gauge)

Manakete:

Tiki

Yato:

Corrin

Dragon:

Nasir/Ena (Mutual Costumes)

Beast:

Ranulf/Lethe (Mutual Costumes)

Bird:

Naesala

Breakdown By Character (In Progress):

Spoiler

Three Houses

Byleth

Main Moveset = Whip Sword - Prf = Sword of the Creator

Innate Skill = Ruptured Heaven, which causes critical hits to deal an AoE burst based on Magic.

Alt Moveset = Brawler - Prf = Aura Knuckles

Innate Skill = Infuse - Adds unit's magic to their strength.

Byleth's stat spread has equal strength and magic, along will good luck and skill and poor resistance.

Byleth's innate & inheritable skill is Guidance, which increases the xp earned by all other allies by 25%.

Seteth

Main Moveset = Flying Lance - Prf = Spear of Assal

Innate Skill = Mountslayer

Alt Moveset = Flying Axe - Prf = Axe of Cichol

Seteth's innate and inheritable skill is Guardian, which increases the damage dealt by all female allied heroes. Has no effect on the user.

Flying Weakness

Seteth's stat line comparative to other flyers is incredibly tanky, with high defense and resistance, as well as great strength and skill. Low luck.

Rhea

Main Moveset = Light Brand - Prf = Sword of Seiros

Innate Skill = Sol

Alt Moveset = Brawling - Prf = Shield of Seiros

Innate Skill = Renewal

Rhea's innate skill is Sacred Power, which greatly increases the defense of nearby allied heroes and captains.

Has Staff Usage

Rhea is a tank, with high defense, resistance, and luck.

Edelgard

Main Moveset = Axe - Prf = Aymr

Innate Skill = Raging Storm, which greatly increases earned Awakening Gauge.

Alt Moveset = Dark Mage - Prf = Hades

Innate Skill = Cresting Flames - Burns foes over time after hits.

Edelgard's unique and inheritable skill is Stride, which increases out of combat movement speed.

Armor Weakness

Edelgard's stat line features equal strength and magic, with high defense and skill, low resistance and luck.

Bernadetta

Main Moveset = Cavalry Bow - Prf = The Inexhaustible

Innate Skill = Astra

Alternate Moveset = Cavalry Lance - Prf = Schizospear

Innate Skill = Vengeance - Deals increased damage as HP drops.

(Movesets = Lance Cavalry and Bow Cavalry)

Bernadetta's unique and inheritable skill is Persecution Complex, which increases damage when not at full hp.

Cavalry Weakness

Bernadetta's stat line features a lot of speed, luck, and skill, with low strength, defense, and resistance.

Linhardt

Main Moveset = Holy Knight - Prf = Caduceus Staff

Innate Skill = Healing+ - Allies healed by staves are also healed over time afterwards.

Alternate Moveset = Lance Cavalry - Prf = Sleeping Spear

Innate Skill = Doze - Chance to cause foe to sleep on hit.

(Movesets = Lance Cavalry and Holy Knight)

Linhardt's unique and inheritable skill is Catnap, which heals the user's hp and warrior gauge while out of combat.

Has Staff Usage

Cavalry Weakness

Linhardt's stat line has high magic, luck, and res, with low hp, strength, and defense. He's substantially more durable and has higher magic than Elise, at the cost of speed and resistance in the Holy Knight category. In the lance cavalry category, he's the only one with staff usage, and boasts the highest magic.

Petra

Main Moveset = Dagger Flier - Prf = Hunting Blade

Innate Skill = Beastslayer

Alternate Moveset = Bow Flier - Prf = Hunting Bow

Petra's unique and inheritable skill is Hunt , which deals increased damage to foes with less than 50% health.

Flying Weakness

Petra's stat line has very high speed, skill, and luck, low strength and defense.

Dimitri

Main Moveset = Lance Lord - Prf = Areadbhar

Innate Skill = Atrocity - Critical hits deal effective damage.

Alternate Moveset = Thunderblade - Prf = Cursed Ashiya Sword

Innate Skill = Vengeance

Dimitri's unique and inheritable skill is "Kill Them All!" which increases user's damage for every 100 KOs, stacking with Fury Builder.

Dimitri's stat line has incredible Strength, Skill, and Defense, low Luck and Resistance.

Sylvain

Main Moveset = Lance Cavalry - Prf = Lance of Ruin

Innate Skill = Ruined Sky, which combines Wingslayer and Dracoslayer

Alternate Moveset = Dark Knight - Prf = Ruin

Innate Skill = Entropy, which reduces foe's defense and resistance on hit.

Sylvain's unique and inheritable skill is Charm, which increases the rate that unit's supports build with other deployed allies.

Cavalry Weakness

Sylvain's stat line is balanced, with equal Strength and Magic.

Felix

Main Moveset = Myrmidon - Prf = Sword of Moralta 

Innate Skill = Renewal

Alternate Moveset = Brawler - Prf = Aegis Shield

Innate Skill = Pavise

Felix's unique and inheritable skill is Burst, which randomly increases the damage dealt by attacks based on Luck and Skill.

Felix's stat line has high strength, luck, and skill, with low defense and resistance.

Annette

Main Moveset = Wind Mage - Prf = Cutting Gale

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = War Priest - Prf = Crusher

Innate Skill = Topsy Turvy

Annette's unique and inheritable skill is Rally, which greatly boosts the attack and defense of nearby allies when Strong 1 is used.

Annette's stat line has high magic, luck, and resistance, low strength, skill, and defense.

Claude

Main Moveset = Bow Flier - Prf = Failnaught

Innate Skill = Falling Star - evade all attacks after using Warrior attack.

Alternate Moveset = Sword Flier - Prf = Sword of Begalta

Innate Skill = Sol

Claude's unique and inheritable skill is Dirty Tactics, which reveals the stun gauges of foes struck by critical hits aimed at another foe.

Flying Weakness

Claude's stat line has high skill and luck, middling strength, and low magic, defense, and resistance.

Hilda

Main Moveset = Warrior - Prf = Freikugel

Innate Skill = Dracoslayer

Alternate Moveset = Soldier - Prf = Stylish Spear

Innate Skill = Solidarity (Stacks with Skill)

Hilda's personal and inheritable skill is Advocate, which increases the damage of allied male heroes. Has no effect on the user.

Lysithea

Main Moveset = Dark Mage - Prf = Dark Spikes

Alternate Moveset = Light Brand - Prf = Thunderbrand

Innate Skill = Astra

Lysithea's personal and inheritable skill is Savant, which counts every KO as 2 KOs for weapon skill unlocks.

Lysithea's stat line features the highest magic of any character, with decent luck, speed, and skill, and terrible defense.

Has Staff Usage

Marianne

Main Moveset = Holy Knight - Prf = Silence

Innate Skill = Silence - Ignores foe's res.

Alternate Moveset = Sword Cavalry - Prf = Blutgang

Marianne's unique and inheritable skill is Animal Lover, which increases the damage dealt by Mounted, Flying, Dragon, Beast, and Bird allies. Has no effect on the user.

Marianne's stat line features equal strength and magic with high skill and abysmal luck. If going sword cavalry, she is the only one with staff usage.

Has Staff Usage

Cavalry Weakness

Yuri

Main Moveset = Rogue Bow - Prf = Suave Shot

Innate Skill = Charmed - Increases damage dealt by all allied heroes.

Alternate Moveset = Myrmidon - Prf = Suave Sword 

Innate Skill = Charmed

Personal Equipment Item = Fetters of Dromi, which increases out of combat movement speed.

Yuri's personal and inheritable skill is Honorable Spirit, which increases his damage against foes with the same weapon type.

Yuri has the highest magic of any myrmidon or rogue bow, with exceptional skill and luck, but low def and res.

Has Staff Usage

Hapi

Main Moveset = Dark Knight - Prf = Banshee

Innate Skill is Snare, which slows movement of struck foes.

Alternate Moveset = Great Knight - Prf = Monstrous Axe

Hapi's unique and inheritable skill is Monstrous Appeal, which greatly increases damage to beasts.

Hapi's stat line features high magic, skill, and resistance, low luck and defense. She stands out most in the Great Knight line, being the only magical one and the only one with staff usage.

Has Staff usage

Cavalry Weakness

Constance

Main Moveset = Flying Tome - Prf = Bolting

Innate Skill is Chain Lightning, which causes attacks to randomly chain to a distant foe within range.

Alternate Moveset = Flying Sword - Prf = Wind Edge

Constance's personal and inheritable skill is High Class, which increases the damage dealt by all allied heroes of noble lineage. Has no effect on the user.

Has Staff Usage

Flying Weakness

Balthus

Main Moveset = Brawler - Prf = Vajra-Mushti

Innate Skill = Adaptive Damage (target's foes lower defensive stat)

Alternate Moveset = War Priest - Prf = Grappling Axe

Innate Skill = Suction (pulls in nearby foes at the end of combo chains).

Balthus's unique and inheritable skill is Grapple Master, which increases damage dealt the more foes are within a small radius.

Balthus's stat line features very high strength and skill, balanced defenses, and low luck and speed.

Has Staff Usage

Tellius

Ike

Main Moveset = Hero - Prf = Ragnell

Innate Skill = Shockwave (sends out a shock wave at the end of combo chains)

Alternate Moveset = Axe Lord - Prf = Urvan

Innate Skill = Pavise

Ike's personal and inheritable skill is Aether, which has a low chance (based on Skill and Luck) to trigger Sol and Luna on hit. The Luna triggered by this skill only works on that hit and completely ignores foe's def and res. The Sol healing is based on damage dealt by the hit. Can be equipped alongside Sol and Luna.

Ike's stat line is similar to that of Chrom's, with higher strength and luck and lower speed and skill. His weapon helps him stand out from Chrom and Lucina. However, he stands out more as an axe lord, as he lacks Hector and Edelgard's armor weakness, and is substantially faster and less magically vulnerable.

Micaiah

Main Moveset = Light Mage - Prf = Thani

Innate Skill = Rampager (Effective against armored and mounted)

Alternate Moveset = Rogue Dagger - Prf = Aura Dagger

Micaiah's personal and inheritable skill is Sacrifice, which causes user to take damage on behalf of their support partner (does not trigger while user is at 1 hp).

Micaiah's stat line is similar to that of Elise.

Has Staff usage

Sothe 

Main Moveset = Rogue Dagger - Prf = Peshkatz

Innate Skill = Armorslayer

Alternate Moveset = Rogue Bow - Prf = Silencer

Innate Skill = Wingslayer

Sothe's personal skill is Bodyguard, which increases user's damage for each deployed ally with an A support with user.

Sothe's stat line compared to Jaffar features lower Str, Res, and Skill, but higher Luck, Def, HP, and Spd.

Naesala

Moveset = Bird Stone - Prf = Raven King's Stone

Innate Skill = Gust - Deals AoE magic damage on all attacks while transformed.

Naesala's personal and inheritable skill is Piracy, which earns extra gold from enemies.

Naesala's stat line features balanced str and magic with high speed, luck, and skill, and low defense, resistance, and hp.

Flying and Beast weakness.

Ranulf/Lethe 

Ranulf and Lethe are costumes of one another.

Moveset = Beast Stone - Prf = Cat's Eye Stone

Innate Skill = Beorcslayer (Effective damage against normal - non-mounted, non-armored, non-cavalry, non-flier, non-beast, non-dragon foes).

The cat's personal and inheritable skill is Beast Heart, which increases damage dealt by user for each Beast, Bird, or Dragon ally.

The cats have high speed, skill, and luck, with low strength. 

Beast weakness.

Nasir/Ena 

Nasir and Ena are costumes of one another.

Moveset = Dragon - Prf = Laguz Dragonstone

Innate Skill - Boon - Increases defense of all allied heroes. No effect on unit.

The dragon's personal and inheritable skill is Ire, which has a chance to multiply Warrior Attack damage (based on Skill and Luck).

The dragons have high stats in all areas while transformed in exchange for their vulnerabilities.

Dragon and Armor weakness

Elibe

Lyn

Main Moveset = Myrmidon - Prf = Sol Kati

Alt Moveset = Bow Lord - Prf = Mulagir

Innate Skill - Wingslayer

Lyn's personal and inheritable skill is Pass, which prevents interruption when attacked while moving. 

Lyn's stat line is unchanged.

Hector

Main Moveset = Axe Lord - Prf = Armads

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = Brawler - Prf = Hands of Hector 

Innate Skill = Plateslayer

Hector's personal and inheritable skill is Quick Riposte, which increases your damage by 50% for 10 seconds after you get hit.

Hector's stat line is the highest strength and defense, lowest resistance and spd of the axe lords.

Roy

Main Moveset = Lord - Prf = Binding Blade

Innate Skill = Monsterbreaker (Clawbreaker & Stonebreaker, not to be confused with Beastslayer and Dracoslayer)

Alternate Moveset = Soldier - Prf = Maltet

Roy's personal and inheritable skill is Human Virtue, which increases the damage dealt by non-beast, non-dragon allied heroes. Has no effect on user.

Roy's stat line is the most balanced of the lords.

Lilina

Main Moveset - Fire Mage - Prf = Forblaze

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = Axe Lord - Prf = Wolf Beil

Innate Skill = Rampager

Lilina's personal and inheritable skill is Special Spiral, which fully charges 1 Warrior gauge on entering combat.

Lilina's stat line features high magic, skill, and luck, low speed, hp, and defense. She is easily the more offensive fire mage, and her alternate moveset gives her a unique magic damage axe lord build that is just too funny to resist.

Jaffar

Main Moveset = Rogue Dagger - Prf = Assassin's Blade

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = Myrmidon - Prf = Moonlight Blade

Innate Skill = Finisher (deals extra damage to foes below 50% health)

Jaffar's personal and inheritable skill is Bloodlust, which increases attack speed for several seconds after killing a captain, stacking with Astra.

Jaffar's stat line compared to Sothe features higher Str, Res, and Skl, but lower Luck, Def, HP, and Spd.

Sacred Stones

Ephraim

Main Moveset = Lance Lord - Prf = Siegmund

Alternate Moveset = Brawler - Prf = Brash Knuckles

Innate Skill = Lone Wolf

Ephraim's personal and inheritable skill is Courage, which increases user's damage when at least 3 enemy captains are targeting user.

Compared to Dimitri, Ephraim has higher speed, resistance, and luck, but lower strength, defense, and skill.

Eirika

Main Moveset = Sword Cavalry - Prf = Sieglinde

Alternate Moveset = Bow Cavalry - Prf = Nidhogg

Eirika's personal and inheritable skill is Comraderie. When paired up, Comraderie gives the active Vanguard temporarily boosted damage after switching characters.

Thracia 776

Leif

Main Moveset = Light Brand - Prf = Light Brand

Innate Skill = Chain Lightning

Alternate Moveset = Light Mage - Prf = Leonster's Light

Innate Skill = Renewal

Leif's personal and inheritable skill is S Drink, which fully charges the Awakening Gauge once per battle.

Leif's stat line features incredible high luck, with balanced strength and magic, decent skill and defense, and low resistance and hp.

Geneology of the Holy War

Lewyn

Main Moveset = Wind Mage - Prf = Holsety

Innate Skill = Wind God (increases Spd and Luck by 30%, stacking with Amped).

Alternate Moveset = Lance Dancer (Azura's moveset with water particles replaced by wind particles) - Prf = Tornado Trident

Innate Skill = Wind God

Lewyn's personal and inheritable skill is Sound Barrier, which turns the user's dodge into a dash attack that can knock over enemies and deal high damage.

Lewyn's stat line features the highest speed in the game, high luck, with decent magic and skill, and low def and res.

Gaiden

Alm

Main Moveset = Lord - Prf = Valentian Falchion

Alternate Moveset = Bow Lord - Prf = Conqueror's Bow

Alm's personal and inheritable skill is Hard Worker, which grants a chance for enemies to drop a 2nd material based on Luck.

Compared to Marth, Alm has higher strength and luck, lower skill and resistance.

Celica

Main Moveset = Lord - Prf = Beloved Zofia

Alternate Moveset = Fire Mage - Prf = Ragnarok

Innate Skill = Devastation (Warrior attack deals double damage, but costs 20% health).

Celica's personal and inheritable skill is Luck+20.

Celica's stat line is unchanged.

Staff Usage

Shadow Dragon

Camus

Main Moveset = Lance Cavalry - Prf = Gradivus

Innate Skill = Shockwave

Alternate Moveset = Sword Cavalry - Prf = Steadfast Ste

Innate Skill = Solidarity

Camus's personal and inheritable skill is Loyalty, which boosts unit's non-Mov stats for each deployed support partner (C = 1%, B = 3%, A = 5%).

Camus's stat line is balanced. Compared to Xander, he's faster but less bulky.

Cavalry weakness.

Marth

Main Moveset = Lord - Prf = Exalted Falchion

Alternate Moveset = War Priest - Prf = Hero's Axe

Marth's personal and inheritable skill is Paragon.

Marth's stat line is unchanged.

Caeda

Main Moveset = Lance Flier - Prf = Wing Spear

Innate Skill = Rampager

Alternate Moveser = Sword Flier - Prf = Wing Sword 

Innate Skill = Rampager

Caeda's personal and inheritable skill is Speed +20 (up from Speed +10).

Caeda's stat line is unchanged, though she loses staff usage.

Flying weakness.

Tiki 

Moveset = Manakete - Prf = Divine Stone 

Tiki's personal and inheritable skill is Armored Blow.

Tiki's stat line is unchanged.

Dragon weakness.

Navarre

Main Moveset = Myrmidon - Prf = Wo Dao

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = Warrior - Prf = Killer Axe

Innate Skill = Fury Builder

Navarre's personal and inheritable skill is Lone Wolf.

Navarre's stat line is unchanged.

Minerva

Main Moveset = Axe Flier - Prf = Hauteclaire

Innate Skill = Critical+

Alternate Moveset = Dagger Flier - Prf = Macedonian Royal Daggers

Innate Skill = Plateslayer

Minerva's unique skill is Iote's Shield.

Minerva's stat line is unchanged.

Linde

Main Moveset = Light Mage - Prf = Aura

Innate Skill = Monsterbreaker (Clawbreaker + Stonebreaker)

Alternate Moveset = Sword Dancer - Prf = Aura Sword

Linde's personal and inheritable skill is Quick Wit.

Linde's stat line is unchanged. 

Staff usage.

Heroes Sharena

Goals of the above roster:

Most new movesets compatible with multiple units.

Guarantee at least 1 male and 1 female user of each moveset (except the rare unique movesets).

Ensure that no two characters have the same combination of movesets (I'm still noticing and fixing instances of this).

Changes to existing movesets:

New Rogue bow moveset that Niles and Anna now use.

New Holy Knight moveset that Elise now uses.

Removed Staff usage from Caeda, to allow Hinoka, Elincia, and Cordelia more opportunities to stand out.

Changed Owain from Ryoma's moveset to Chrom's. Not only does this make more sense, but it adds a magic damage Hero and allows Robin to have the Levin Sword with Ryoma's moveset without duplicating their class set.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So I previously posted my idealized roster here, but now I'll try and devise some general structure to this hypothetical sequel.

Startup:

When beginning a new game, you're no longer asked to choose a difficultly setting or choose between Classic/Casual mode; Classic mode no longer exists as it was in FEW1, perma-death isn't a thing except in a mode I'll outline later.

From the main menu, you can access Story Mode, History Mode, Chain Challenge, Gallery, and Settings. Gallery and Settings are exactly what you'd expect so I won't be covering those.

Characters:

I already outlined the roster and movesets in the previous post, but for some more detail:

Every character (except the playable villains) has two movesets; the secondary one is unlocked by using a Second Seal on them, which can be acquired as rewards from the various modes just like Master Seals. Maybe some characters could even get a tertiary moveset as part of DLC, but that may be excessive.

The OC heroes, new characters, and a small handful of important returning veterans (Chrom, Marth, ect.) would be unlocked during the story. Other returning vets such as Cordelia, Navarre, and Sakura would be unlocked in History Mode or Chain Challenge.

The villains, in addition to only having one moveset, would probably also have no support conversations. They can still earn support ranks with other characters for gameplay benefits, however. They're meant more as non-canon bonuses.

Weapons/Skills:

All characters' Prf weapons for their primary class are available in the base game; some start out with them, some acquire them during the story, and some have to unlock them in History Mode or Chain Challenge. These weapons can also be upgraded to full power with Weapon Scrolls; rather than each Prf weapon having a personalized scroll, you can instead find Sword, Lance, Axe, Tome, Bow, Dagger, Gauntlet, or Stone Scrolls, which can be used on any weapon of the given type.

Prf weapons for secondary classes (and enough Scrolls to bring those to full power) are unlocked from DLC content; until then, characters will have to rely on generic Brave/Hero weapons.

All Prf weapons, primary or secondary, have a built-in Attribute in their seventh slot. For example, Chrom's Falchion has Dragonslayer like before, while Navarre's Wo Dao now has Critical+ or something. Bows all still have innate Wingslayer independent from the personalized Attributes.

All characters have personal Skills like before; they can no longer un-equip their own Skill, but can equip up to four additional Skills learned from other characters, for a total of five. Tharja's may be re-balanced to make it not a nuisance you're stuck with.

Costumes:

All characters have four basic costumes:

• Normal appearance (available by default)
  • Promoted appearance (available after using a Master Seal)
  • Secondary class appearance (available after using a Second Seal; there's no promoted secondary appearance, that'd be excessive)
  • Broken Armor appearanace (forced into this costume if subjected to the Armor Break attribute; maybe can now be chosen as an actual starting outfit if you so desire?)

Three Houses characters would have both pre-timeskip and post-timeskip appearances, if applicable. Byleth would have both male and female versions.

All extra costumes from the first game return (including female Robin and male Corrin), and there'd be a handful of new ones as well.

Story Mode:

Exactly what you'd expect. Difficulty is chosen on a per-level basis (Easy, Normal, and Hard by default, Lunatic added after finishing the story).

You are not prompted to choose a protagonist as was the case with Rowan and Lianna; the three new OC protagonists are simply given to you within the first level or two.

After clearing a stage, you can replay it with any characters you want.

To accomodate Three Houses content, some stages (here and in other modes) may now allow for four separate factions; the player's blue team and three separate enemy teams in red, yellow, and... purple, since green is already used for NPC allies.

History Mode:

Functions like it did in the previous game. There are several maps to begin with:

• Shadows of Valentia map
  • Blazing Sword map 
  • Three Houses map
  • Binding Blade map: Roy is unlocked here
  • Path of Radiance map: Ike is unlocked here.
  • Warriors 1 map: A map based on the first Warriors game. Includes Rowan, Lianna, and a handful of other veteran characters.
  • Villain Challenge (Free DLC): A map contrasting to the first game's free Hero Challenge map. This one has you playing as (and unlocking for general use) villain characters such as Darios, Validar, Berkut, ect.
  • Additional paid DLC maps for SoV, Blazing Sword, and Three Houses, and maybe a fourth pack based collectively on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Character restrictions are somewhat more common than in the first game, with some missions requiring you to use a specific character as your leader. As before, though, clearing the map with an S-rank will remove this restriction.

As before, Anna's Mementos can be collected here as well as in Story Mode. Rather than unlocking a new difficult mission on the History Mode maps, however, they'd unlock a Chain Challenge.

Chain Challenge:

This is how I'd implement Fire Emblem's signature perma-death mechanic, instead of having it intrude in Story and History mode.

In this mode, you are tasked with choosing eight of your characters. These eight characters must then complete five consecutive maps (you may suspend your challenge between maps and come back to it later), with any damage they take-- and any deaths that occur --carrying over from one map to the next. Healing options are limited and enemies deal more damage than usual, so you cannot afford to take risks with your characters. If all eight characters die, you'll get a game over and have to start the challenge over from the first map.

Successfully completing a Chain Challenge would earn you a large trove of rewards; first-time clears would give you new Prf Weapons, Scrolls, costumes, or even characters, while repeat clears could earn you rare materials or weapons.

There'd be several Chain Challenges available at varying difficulties (with the Anna ones being super-hard), with the paid DLC adding more.

• 3 weeks later...

My main hope is that if Koei are certain they are going to use so many clones again that we will at least be able to change the class of any character into anything we wish.

Much like how in DW8XL any character can equip any two weapons and have those move sets whilst their specials are still their original unique specials irrespective of the current weapon. I assumed this was the plan before warriors came out, it would add so much replay-ability, the only reason I can think of why it was not added was most likely the developers feeling the need to add unique costumes for each class for each character. I would be happy with a generic male/female outfit for each class that isn't the character's main/usual class.

Other than that I would love more representation from the older games, I also agree with what a lot of people on the board are saying with FE Heroes fitting more naturally into the warriors mould. I would love Laguz with the ability to transform in and out of beast mode much like how Lucci controls in One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. 

Content wise I would love if they improved upon history mode by allowing the maps to have the characters crucial for the history map story present on it in, sprite form movable, and then allow the player to customise what squad of characters is with each one. This allowing for the history map overworlds to play out like an actual fire emblem mission where the battles are fought with each of the overworld characters as sort of generals overseeing the musou battles happening. This could allow for the player to have benefits across their entire team based on if the overworld character was a bow user facing a Pegasus knight etc. 

I love reading all your guys' ideas, I am really hoping for a sequel to fire emblem warriors it really deserves one.

On 10/20/2020 at 12:05 AM, Anomalocaris said:

So I previously posted my idealized roster here, but now I'll try and devise some general structure to this hypothetical sequel.

Startup:

When beginning a new game, you're no longer asked to choose a difficultly setting or choose between Classic/Casual mode; Classic mode no longer exists as it was in FEW1, perma-death isn't a thing except in a mode I'll outline later.

From the main menu, you can access Story Mode, History Mode, Chain Challenge, Gallery, and Settings. Gallery and Settings are exactly what you'd expect so I won't be covering those.

Characters:

I already outlined the roster and movesets in the previous post, but for some more detail:

Every character (except the playable villains) has two movesets; the secondary one is unlocked by using a Second Seal on them, which can be acquired as rewards from the various modes just like Master Seals. Maybe some characters could even get a tertiary moveset as part of DLC, but that may be excessive.

The OC heroes, new characters, and a small handful of important returning veterans (Chrom, Marth, ect.) would be unlocked during the story. Other returning vets such as Cordelia, Navarre, and Sakura would be unlocked in History Mode or Chain Challenge.

The villains, in addition to only having one moveset, would probably also have no support conversations. They can still earn support ranks with other characters for gameplay benefits, however. They're meant more as non-canon bonuses.

Weapons/Skills:

All characters' Prf weapons for their primary class are available in the base game; some start out with them, some acquire them during the story, and some have to unlock them in History Mode or Chain Challenge. These weapons can also be upgraded to full power with Weapon Scrolls; rather than each Prf weapon having a personalized scroll, you can instead find Sword, Lance, Axe, Tome, Bow, Dagger, Gauntlet, or Stone Scrolls, which can be used on any weapon of the given type.

Prf weapons for secondary classes (and enough Scrolls to bring those to full power) are unlocked from DLC content; until then, characters will have to rely on generic Brave/Hero weapons.

All Prf weapons, primary or secondary, have a built-in Attribute in their seventh slot. For example, Chrom's Falchion has Dragonslayer like before, while Navarre's Wo Dao now has Critical+ or something. Bows all still have innate Wingslayer independent from the personalized Attributes.

All characters have personal Skills like before; they can no longer un-equip their own Skill, but can equip up to four additional Skills learned from other characters, for a total of five. Tharja's may be re-balanced to make it not a nuisance you're stuck with.

Costumes:

All characters have four basic costumes:

• Normal appearance (available by default)
  • Promoted appearance (available after using a Master Seal)
  • Secondary class appearance (available after using a Second Seal; there's no promoted secondary appearance, that'd be excessive)
  • Broken Armor appearanace (forced into this costume if subjected to the Armor Break attribute; maybe can now be chosen as an actual starting outfit if you so desire?)

Three Houses characters would have both pre-timeskip and post-timeskip appearances, if applicable. Byleth would have both male and female versions.

All extra costumes from the first game return (including female Robin and male Corrin), and there'd be a handful of new ones as well.

Story Mode:

Exactly what you'd expect. Difficulty is chosen on a per-level basis (Easy, Normal, and Hard by default, Lunatic added after finishing the story).

You are not prompted to choose a protagonist as was the case with Rowan and Lianna; the three new OC protagonists are simply given to you within the first level or two.

After clearing a stage, you can replay it with any characters you want.

To accomodate Three Houses content, some stages (here and in other modes) may now allow for four separate factions; the player's blue team and three separate enemy teams in red, yellow, and... purple, since green is already used for NPC allies.

History Mode:

Functions like it did in the previous game. There are several maps to begin with:

• Shadows of Valentia map
  • Blazing Sword map 
  • Three Houses map
  • Binding Blade map: Roy is unlocked here
  • Path of Radiance map: Ike is unlocked here.
  • Warriors 1 map: A map based on the first Warriors game. Includes Rowan, Lianna, and a handful of other veteran characters.
  • Villain Challenge (Free DLC): A map contrasting to the first game's free Hero Challenge map. This one has you playing as (and unlocking for general use) villain characters such as Darios, Validar, Berkut, ect.
  • Additional paid DLC maps for SoV, Blazing Sword, and Three Houses, and maybe a fourth pack based collectively on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

Character restrictions are somewhat more common than in the first game, with some missions requiring you to use a specific character as your leader. As before, though, clearing the map with an S-rank will remove this restriction.

As before, Anna's Mementos can be collected here as well as in Story Mode. Rather than unlocking a new difficult mission on the History Mode maps, however, they'd unlock a Chain Challenge.

Chain Challenge:

This is how I'd implement Fire Emblem's signature perma-death mechanic, instead of having it intrude in Story and History mode.

In this mode, you are tasked with choosing eight of your characters. These eight characters must then complete five consecutive maps (you may suspend your challenge between maps and come back to it later), with any damage they take-- and any deaths that occur --carrying over from one map to the next. Healing options are limited and enemies deal more damage than usual, so you cannot afford to take risks with your characters. If all eight characters die, you'll get a game over and have to start the challenge over from the first map.

Successfully completing a Chain Challenge would earn you a large trove of rewards; first-time clears would give you new Prf Weapons, Scrolls, costumes, or even characters, while repeat clears could earn you rare materials or weapons.

There'd be several Chain Challenges available at varying difficulties (with the Anna ones being super-hard), with the paid DLC adding more.

I love the Idea of Chain challenges but let's take it a step further and add a Tempest Trials-esque mode too! You have to beat 3/5/7 (player can choose) random maps based on your level (with difficulty modes) in succession with the characters you choose so that you always have new fresh content. Tempest trials would ideally be much harder than the chain challenges on the hardest difficulty and this way i can actually go back to playing the game even after finishing all of history mode. It would be so amazing. 

On the custom challenge options, here's a few things that FEW2 (or any DW) could potentially offer:

Skill and Luck Procs - Increased/Normal/Reduced/Off

Peon Aggression - Cowardly/Normal/Increased

Peon Attack Recoil - On/Off

Peon Damage - Low/Normal/High

Enemy Captain Skills - Random/Preset/Off

Ambush Spawns (Generates random enemy captains with random skills) - On/Off

Nemesis (Chain Modes only) - generates ambush captains that can randomly recur with increased strength and extra skills through the chain challenge - On/Off

What I was thinking .... when Age of Calamity is the success it seems to be .... will they also go with Fire Emblem Warriors 2 this route? So instead of a festival style game where characters from all over the universe meet for some kind of reason they create a canonical (or almost canonical) game that tells the Pre-Story of 3H (for example because its the most recent and has the most unexplored history to its lore, technically all past conflicts are possible)? Enough material to choose they would have including:

- The Ancient Nabatean-Agarthian War

- Nemesis vs Seiros

- The Rebellion of the Lion King

I actually liked the approach that the warrior games add to the lore of the universe instead of beeing high budget fanfictions.

On 11/9/2020 at 3:42 AM, Nihilem said:

What I was thinking .... when Age of Calamity is the success it seems to be .... will they also go with Fire Emblem Warriors 2 this route? So instead of a festival style game where characters from all over the universe meet for some kind of reason they create a canonical (or almost canonical) game that tells the Pre-Story of 3H (for example because its the most recent and has the most unexplored history to its lore, technically all past conflicts are possible)? Enough material to choose they would have including:

- The Ancient Nabatean-Agarthian War

- Nemesis vs Seiros

- The Rebellion of the Lion King

I actually liked the approach that the warrior games add to the lore of the universe instead of beeing high budget fanfictions.

I don't think it's likely. Breath of the Wild has a lot of canon characters in its past that it can draw on, including Link and Zelda themselves.

A hypothetical Three Houses prequel game would only really feature Seiros, the Four Saints, and Nemesis. Most everybody else would have to be an OC.

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I don't think it's likely. Breath of the Wild has a lot of canon characters in its past that it can draw on, including Link and Zelda themselves.

A hypothetical Three Houses prequel game would only really feature Seiros, the Four Saints, and Nemesis. Most everybody else would have to be an OC.

I also don't think that story demands a full game. It could just as easily play out in a Deliverance style DLC or Seiros memories, etc.

Background myths provide intrigue, but they are interesting precisely because they're left to the imagination. And frankly, 3 Houses' background lore lacks nuance. Unless the mole people are more sympathetic than literally everything would have you believe, it's just not a deep story.

Fire Emblem Warriors 2 (My Version)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Original Male/Female character and two other original people

Binding Blade: Roy

Path Of Radiance: Ike

Fates: Corrin/Takumi/Hinoka/Sakura/Leo/Camilla/Elise/Azura

Awakening: Chrom/Lucina/Sumia/Robin/Lissa/Tharja/Olivia

Sacred Stones: Erika

DLC: Sigurd/Leif/Link (Guest Character)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if my character list isn't good.

I never played Binding Blade, Path Of Radiance, or Sacred Stones I only know those games because of the main characters.

I never played Fates either, but I knew the characters thanks to the previous FE Warriors.

For a crossover:

NES and SNES era

• Marth
  • Anna (DLC)
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Sigurd
  • Seliph (DLC)
  • Leif

Gameboy Advance era

• Roy
  • Eliwood (DLC)
  • Hector
  • Lyn
  • Ephraim
  • Erika (DLC)

Gamecube and Wii era

• Ike
  • Michiah

DS and 3DS era

• Kris
  • Robin
  • Chrom
  • Lucina (DLC)
  • Corrin
  • Azura
  • Xander (DLC)
  • Ryoma (DLC)

Three Houses

• Byleth
  • Edelgard
  • Dimitri (DLC)
  • Claude (DLC)

Heroes

• Alfonse
  • Sharena
  • Veronica
  • Peony (DLC)

Total: 21 (31 w/DLC)

After playing some of Age of Calamity and learning its mechanics, I came up with a possible way to distinguish clones - the ZR button, used for personal actions in Age of Calamity, could work like a unique ability for the character, such as using a secondary weapon (for example, Lyn could pull out a bow with her ZR attack, or Frederick would pull out a lance), or having an additional attack if the unit was locked to a certain weapon in their original game (for example, Navarre could have a different, sword-based ZR move to differentiate himself from Lyn in the aforementioned example).