I hope there's Cipher DLC in the pass like in Echoes

Seazas

Because the Cipher units are underrated and would benefit from being in the most popular FE.

Valjean, Alice and Niamh could really use an FE game appearance as well.

I miss seeing the adorable and hilarious OG group of 4 too. They don't have a future in non-Cipher spinoffs since they weren't featured on the CYL poll.

Edited by Seazas

55 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Luckily, DLC is never shoved down your throat.

What year is this again?

Since I did get the season pass, I would rather get some real content for my money than some throwaway noncanon characters.

It doesn’t make sense why would they make Cipher a DLC focus when Cipher isn’t even released outside Japan by choice.

its probably going to push players away from buying DLC since 99% Three Houses players reaction would be

“Who? Why should I pay for this content?”

If they released FE0 outside Japan and it became popular like Heroes, it would at least have some justification.

Edited by Timlugia

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

So, you bought the season pass without knowing what is in it, and are going to complain about characters you don't like potentially get in?

No, I'm stating my opinion. I get that's a kind of hard thing for you to grasp. 

Secondly: I'm buying "New outfits, new maps, quests, and items, and additional story content" since the last one is an implication of actually being relevant to Three Houses, I'd much rather it be about three houses and not a bunch of forgettable cipher characters, 3 of which hailing from a setting I don't much care for. I'll be happy enough with more map variety and quest content, having played the game, it needs it The rest is just icing, but if its pretty garbage icing it might just be better scraping it off the cake.

No thank you I rather get cool in game characters like Anna, Judith(GD exclusive), Rhea(path exclusive) and some unknown crest bearers as DLC which are far more likely than some random out of nowhere characters from a JP exclusive TCG....glad there not doing wacky outside shenanigans and should stay that way.

32 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

It doesn’t make sense why would they make Cipher a DLC focus when Cipher isn’t even released outside Japan by choice.

its probably going to push players away from buying DLC since 99% Three Houses players reaction would be

I don't know about that, while Three Houses did get released around the same time for once, their main audience is still Japan. so it really depends on how popular Cipher is, those characters in particular.

1 minute ago, CyberNinja said:

I don't know about that, while Three Houses did get released around the same time for once, their main audience is still Japan. so it really depends on how popular Cipher is, those characters in particular.

Ah, isn’t FE market have shift away from Japan to oversea especially NA since Awakening?

3 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

No, I'm stating my opinion. I get that's a kind of hard thing for you to grasp. 

An opinion where you are outright being misleading by suggesting any DLC is "shoved down your throat".

Secondly: I'm buying "New outfits, new maps, quests, and items, and additional story content" since the last one is an implication of actually being relevant to Three Houses, I'd much rather it be about three houses and not a bunch of forgettable cipher characters, 3 of which hailing from a setting I don't much care for. I'll be happy enough with more map variety and quest content, having played the game, it needs it The rest is just icing, but if its pretty garbage icing it might just be better scraping it off the cake.

In case you didn't know, you are not forced to buy the season pass, and could by them separately. In fact, the Season Pass isn't even going to disappear.

Just now, Timlugia said:

Ah, isn’t FE market have shift away from Japan to oversea especially NA since Awakening?

Seeing that Cipher was released as Echoes DLC, and that it was actually translated here, nope.

2 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

My understanding was they were relatively surprised by its overseas popularity.

Edited by CyberNinja

6 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

An opinion where you are outright being misleading by suggesting any DLC is "shoved down your throat".

In case you didn't know, you are not forced to buy the season pass, and could by them separately. In fact, the Season Pass isn't even going to disappear.

Seeing that Cipher was released as Echoes DLC, and that it was actually translated here, nope.

I'd consider trying to put characters in a game they have no business in, after having already done so once with echoes indeed trying to "force the characters down my throat." OP wants them, I'd rather they develop these new characters than try to hitch old ones on the current ship's popularity. You know, since its like my opinion or something.

3 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

So I should be able to easily find English Chiper card packs in my local board game store then, no? 

The main point is because Cipher is Japan only, IS/Nintendo still believes that Japan is the main audience for FE. This is even seen with a majority of FEH sales being concentrated in Japan (as of Dec 2018).

I'd consider trying to put characters in a game they have no business in, after having already done so once with echoes indeed trying to "force the characters down my throat."

The fact of the matter is, any DLC, free or paid, is never seen as "shoved down your throat". If you don't want them, just don't download/pay for them.

Just now, MrPerson0 said:

The main point is because Cipher is Japan only, IS/Nintendo still believes that Japan is the main audience for FE. This is even seen with a majority of FEH sales being concentrated in Japan (as of Dec 2018).

The fact of the matter is, any DLC, free or paid, is never seen as "shoved down your throat". If you don't want them, just don't download/pay for them.

And yet the first comment quoted was "them" ie the characters, and yes I do consider trying to add in characters over and over until they're are popular as "forcing" the issue as it is inherently inorganic rather than adding them because they are naturally popular which at the very least, OP's comment implies they are not since they'd benefit from "FE's most popular game yet" So again, I'd rather not have them try to make characters popular when they have plenty of new ones to play with now. I'm not about to burn the whole thread down and declare this the worst game ever if they are added in, I'll just shrug and move on, not considering them a worthwhile addition. Again, this is a difference of opinion, if you'd like to continue to derail, go right on ahead, but pick a new playtime partner. I'm not changing my stance.

6 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Throw in a couple more chapters and we'd be good to go, wouldn't mind other characters like Judith becoming playable.

Yeah, that's the main thing. The route-exclusive NPCs who don't die in the story along with a few more chapters for the BE route and a possible new route would be great. If I had to choose between the latter two I would take the second, obviously.

Edited by De Geso

24 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

I'll just shrug and move on, not considering them a worthwhile addition

Now, if you said this in the beginning, that would be more fitting. The fact of the matter is, any DLC character is simply optional, especially with a game that already feels complete. That's how it has been Awakening and Echoes, and how it'll feel with this game.

Just now, MrPerson0 said:

Now, if you said this in the beginning, that would be more fitting. The fact of the matter is, any DLC character is simply optional, especially with a game that already feels complete. That's how it has been Awakening and Echoes, and how it'll feel with this game.

Sorry if I gave the impression I was actually insane.

I would like that, anything to learn more of the cipher mascots woudl be cool!

Idk, it can be a new DLC... DLC 2 maybe... But I think it would be hard on Three Houses, thanks to the school mechanic, how do they fill in it with the students?

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

If they released FE0 outside Japan and it became popular like Heroes, it would at least have some justification.

They appeared in Echoes and it didn't push players away. What pushed players away was the poor pricing which THs' will have no issue with. Randal, Emma, Yuzu and Shade did appear outside of Japan for this very reasoning so they will be recognized by a good amount of players. Said players telling other confused players who they are.

Just like in Echoes many people will react with "oh cool new units!" and check them out. That's exactly what many western Echoes players thought.

4 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I would like that, anything to learn more of the cipher mascots woudl be cool!

Idk, it can be a new DLC... DLC 2 maybe... But I think it would be hard on Three Houses, thanks to the school mechanic, how do they fill in it with the students?

I believe they can make it work. Koei Tecmo and Intsys already coded in a ton of detail with the main cast already. The Cipher characters won't have as much because they can't be relevant to the plot.

6 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

No thank you I rather get cool in game characters like Anna, Judith(GD exclusive), Rhea(path exclusive) and some unknown crest bearers as DLC which are far more likely than some random out of nowhere characters from a JP exclusive TCG....glad there not doing wacky outside shenanigans and should stay that way.

>Anna

Disagree, she's shoved down many throats and her character isn't even good. She was a charming easter egg made into a forced playable "mascot" by becoming FE's version of Mr. Krabs. At least Cipher characters will be fresh new faces.

Echoes DLC had them and already establishes them as units and characters. It's not like it'll be one over the other. Didn't with Echoes and Echoes is much cheaper than TH's. Despite that Deliverance and Cipher ended up being the most liked and bought DLC.

Edited by Seazas

I'd like it. I'd love seeing Alice getting a proper personality.  If they don't appear in Three Houses more likely they will be on the next remake

I loved playing with Emma and Randal in Echoes, Randal particularly was my strongest unit and Emma was a cinnamon and very useful pegausus in Alm's route.

I just wish if they add the cipher characters, they are more substantial to the plot and not just randomly being there. Having more supports with the actual characters from the current game and adding to the worldbuild would help, it's not so hard. 

Edited by Mylady

1 hour ago, Mylady said:

I'd like it. I'd love seeing Alice getting a proper personality.  If they don't appear in Three Houses more likely they will be on the next remake

I loved playing with Emma and Randal in Echoes, Randal particularly was my strongest unit and Emma was a cinnamon and very useful pegausus in Alm's route.

I just wish if they add the cipher characters, they are more substantial to the plot and not just randomly being there. Having more supports with the actual characters from the current game and adding to the worldbuild would help, it's not so hard. 

To be fair from start to finish they're nothing but blank template characters that are made for crossovers. I'm fine with them remaining how they are.