I hope there's Cipher DLC in the pass like in Echoes

Seazas

13 hours ago, Seazas said:

They appeared in Echoes and it didn't push players away. What pushed players away was the poor pricing which THs' will have no issue with. Randal, Emma, Yuzu and Shade did appear outside of Japan for this very reasoning so they will be recognized by a good amount of players. Said players telling other confused players who they are.

Just like in Echoes many people will react with "oh cool new units!" and check them out. That's exactly what many western Echoes players thought.

I believe they can make it work. Koei Tecmo and Intsys already coded in a ton of detail with the main cast already. The Cipher characters won't have as much because they can't be relevant to the plot.

>Anna

Disagree, she's shoved down many throats and her character isn't even good. She was a charming easter egg made into a forced playable "mascot" by becoming FE's version of Mr. Krabs. At least Cipher characters will be fresh new faces.

Echoes DLC had them and already establishes them as units and characters. It's not like it'll be one over the other. Didn't with Echoes and Echoes is much cheaper than TH's. Despite that Deliverance and Cipher ended up being the most liked and bought DLC.

Anna is the series mascot so no its not considered "shoving down anyone's throat' its justifiable. Again they're not canon mainline characters so they would be out of place.  I don't expect them unless it's another old remake. Again rather in game or unknown characters.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

7 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Anna is the series mascot so no its not considered "shoving down anyone's throat' its justifiable. Again they're not canon mainline characters so they would be out of place.  I don't expect them unless it's another old remake. Again rather in game or unknown characters.

Anna's not the "series mascot". The only games pushing her like that were Fates and Awakening. Before she's just been sort of a funny reference that showed up in most games as a shopkeeper. Since she's filling that role here again, why would she be made playable?
I do agree with Ciphers being out of place, though, considering there's absolutely no references to outrealms (thank gods) in 3H. They'd have a hard time showing up. 

8 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Anna's not the "series mascot". The only games pushing her like that were Fates and Awakening. Before she's just been sort of a funny reference that showed up in most games as a shopkeeper. Since she's filling that role here again, why would she be made playable?
I do agree with Ciphers being out of place, though, considering there's absolutely no references to outrealms (thank gods) in 3H. They'd have a hard time showing up. 

Consider they even ditched Amiibo characters used in Fates and SoV, I really find it hard to believe they will included even lesser known Cipher characters.

Just now, Timlugia said:

Consider they even ditched Amiibo characters used in Fates and SoV, I really find it hard to believe they will included even lesser known Cipher characters.

Yeah, that too. I think that if we get any DLC characters, they'll be prequel-esque ones. 

1 hour ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Echoes never used or referenced outrealms either. TH's getting a place in Cipher and Heroes leave the game open to dimensional crossovers.

3 hours ago, Seazas said:

Echoes never used or referenced outrealms either. TH's getting a place in Cipher and Heroes leave the game open to dimensional crossovers.

Echoes takes place in the same setting as awakening and the original fire emblem game, the former of which has an outrealm gate and thus retcons it into the other two. There is explicitly no references to outrealm gates in Three houses and currently its an entirely new and unique setting. Let's keep it that way, outrealms suck.

I wonder if ‘new playable characters’ means something like Anna in Fates or Cipher characters in Echoes where they can be added to your party permanently. Or if it’s something like Fernand where he is only playable in the extra related story contents.  

If they take the first option, I personally want to see Judith/Randolph/Fleche turned into playable characters. It would be also nice if they add characters that kept on being mentioned but never appears in game like Holst. Adding characters like Holst would be the easiest as it wouldn’t affect the story much beyond having them go ‘Hi Professor, let me join you’ or something.

If they take the ‘Fernand route’, it would be nice to have a prequel of sorts featuring characters like Glenn/Lambert or Monica/Tomas and how they ended up in contact with TWSITD.  

Edit: Mixed up Fernand and Ferdinand lol

Edited by zuibangde

1 hour ago, zuibangde said:

I wonder if ‘new playable characters’ means something like Anna in Fates or Cipher characters in Echoes where they can be added to your party permanently. Or if it’s something like Ferdinand where he is only playable in the extra related story contents.  

If they take the first option, I personally want to see Judith/Randolph/Fleche turned into playable characters. It would be also nice if they add characters that kept on being mentioned but never appears in game like Holst. Adding characters like Holst would be the easiest as it wouldn’t affect the story much beyond having them go ‘Hi Professor, let me join you’ or something.

If they take the ‘Ferdinand route’, it would be nice to have a prequel of sorts featuring characters like Glenn/Lambert or Monica/Tomas and how they ended up in contact with TWSITD.  

I would love to see Holst, especially when he gets referenced a lot.

Spoiler

I think the DLC characters could very well be Jeralt , Sothis , Rhea and maybe others like Judith for GD route . Recruiting them could very well be made options in the story or based on past choices in the story or choices at the time . For exsample jeralts death sothis might be able to go further back in time and prevent his death from Monica but comes with a penalty of byleths stats being lowered as a consequence of going further back for the map against Kronya . Or it could very well be Byleth saying at the beginning nah I don’t fancy teaching nether Claude , edelgard or dimitri and a change in the story where Rhea is lord of the storyline and jeralt not dying in that path , Rhea prehaps being able to have sothis return in a human form ext while maybe dealing both with all 3 kingdoms time skips and more of those who slither in the dark 

13 minutes ago, MasterSlayerX said:
  Hide contents

I think the DLC characters could very well be Jeralt , Sothis , Rhea and maybe others like Judith for GD route . Recruiting them could very well be made options in the story or based on past choices in the story or choices at the time . For exsample jeralts death sothis might be able to go further back in time and prevent his death from Monica but comes with a penalty of byleths stats being lowered as a consequence of going further back for the map against Kronya . Or it could very well be Byleth saying at the beginning nah I don’t fancy teaching nether Claude , edelgard or dimitri and a change in the story where Rhea is lord of the storyline and jeralt not dying in that path , Rhea prehaps being able to have sothis return in a human form ext while maybe dealing both with all 3 kingdoms time skips and more of those who slither in the dark 

I doubt it would be that much, they already said it's not a 5th path type thing.

I feel it's more likely Awakening paralogue/xenologue type missions focusing on ancient events (Agrian war, War of Heroes, or War of Eagle and Lion..etc). Each mission is either self-containted or small story like Future Past.

You either physically travel back to the past, or memory recovery mission with Sotihs (similar to Red Canyon). And repective character could be unlocked after each mission. Time travel might be easier to reconcile with character and story, since it's lore friendly as Sothis could manipulate time, and it could explain unlocked characters (such as Rhea) was from a different era without breaking main story.

Edited by Timlugia

18 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

The fact that the official JP twitter always use her as their avatar for every new game she's in its likely she is and she works very well as one since she's recurring in the series which a mascot is suppose to be. She can have a twin sister in the game while the other is a shopkeeper it's not hard to do (not as wacky in other games where she's like Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny just one).

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

12 hours ago, Seazas said:

I would love to see Holst, especially when he gets referenced a lot.

Yeah it was borderline starting to piss me off that characters like Holst and Count Bergliez would get mentionned all the time, had important roles in the conflict and were yet never even shown.

15 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Echoes takes place in the same setting as awakening and the original fire emblem game, the former of which has an outrealm gate and thus retcons it into the other two. There is explicitly no references to outrealm gates in Three houses and currently its an entirely new and unique setting. Let's keep it that way, outrealms suck.

In Echoes though, its stated that the Cipher characters are part of a traveling troupe, nothing stated about outrealms. If the game wanted to add Cipher characters they could easily use the same background 

On 8/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, Seazas said:

To be fair from start to finish they're nothing but blank template characters that are made for crossovers. I'm fine with them remaining how they are.

Well they had some personality in Echoes, I can't see them being blank if they were introduced in any core game. Probably nothing deep but at least a personality and outlined background they will need to have

19 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Three Houses is brought into Heroes, a game embraced as official more than it isn't. Three Houses already opened itself up to be featured in crossovers or feature a few references.

6 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

The fact that the official JP twitter always use her as their avatar for every new game she's in its likely she is and she works very well as one since she's recurring in the series which a mascot is suppose to be. She can have a twin sister in the game while the other is a shopkeeper it's not hard to do (not as wacky in other games where she's like Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny just one).

That has always been really forced and a bad way of shilling a legacy character. "i HAVE TONS OF SISTERS". I don't get why people badly want to shill Anna then turn around and try to kick fresh faces to the curb.

5 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Yeah it was borderline starting to piss me off that characters like Holst and Count Bergliez would get mentionned all the time, had important roles in the conflict and were yet never even shown.

Perhaps they're DLC bait since the story DLC is confirmed to be nothing but side stories.

3 hours ago, Mylady said:

In Echoes though, its stated that the Cipher characters are part of a traveling troupe, nothing stated about outrealms. If the game wanted to add Cipher characters they could easily use the same background 

Well they had some personality in Echoes, I can't see them being blank if they were introduced in any core game. Probably nothing deep but at least a personality and outlined background they will need to have

Well yeah. They reference their crossover traveling from continent to continent without directly dropping names and potentially fucking up a lot of continuity. More than what Awakening did.

I meant "blank" as in location and commitment wise. They're just pushed around everywhere when convenient. 

32 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Three Houses is brought into Heroes, a game embraced as official more than it isn't. Three Houses already opened itself up to be featured in crossovers or feature a few references.

Yea cuz no. Heroes runs on the premise of magically kid napping heroes from other dimensions because it's profitable to run off the exact same concept as FGO this in no way implies some random from an entirely different setting can appear in Fodlan. Furthermore heroes is still canon only to itself and really has no effect on the story of the other settings.

1 hour ago, CyberNinja said:

Yea cuz no. Heroes runs on the premise of magically kid napping heroes from other dimensions because it's profitable to run off the exact same concept as FGO this in no way implies some random from an entirely different setting can appear in Fodlan. Furthermore heroes is still canon only to itself and really has no effect on the story of the other settings.

And the Cipher units never touched the story of Echoes either? They were non canon side stories. Three Houses can do the same with ease.

14 minutes ago, Seazas said:

And the Cipher units never touched the story of Echoes either? They were non canon side stories. Three Houses can do the same with ease.

So they then add nothing to three houses? Great limpdick DLC. Nah I'd prefer I bit more effort but if that's what we get it's what we get.

Just now, CyberNinja said:

So they then add nothing to three houses? Great limpdick DLC. Nah I'd prefer I bit more effort but if that's what we get it's what we get.

The entire DLC is confirmed to be side stories, what??? Entire new units with a few supports of their own would never and has proven to not be limpdick DLC shown in Echoes' Cipher DLC. No one complained about it. Your logic is getting really terrible.

2 minutes ago, Seazas said:

The entire DLC is confirmed to be side stories, what??? Entire new units with a few supports of their own would never and has proven to not be limpdick DLC shown in Echoes' Cipher DLC. No one complained about it. Your logic is getting really terrible.

If the new content is going to be about people who have nothing to do with the setting, I would consider it pretty limpdick as they'd be going for pure fanservice or shilling for corporate merchandising rather than giving menainful content. I would enjoy the content but likely consider it worthless fluff, that's a pretty consistent opinion I'd think.

8 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

If the new content is going to be about people who have nothing to do with the setting, I would consider it pretty limpdick as they'd be going for pure fanservice or shilling for corporate merchandising rather than giving menainful content. I would enjoy the content but likely consider it worthless fluff, that's a pretty consistent opinion I'd think.

Cipher units in Echoes had new art that was done by the game's artist + supports + a sidestory that reasonably fitted them in than them being shoved in your party like what happened with the einherjar DLC within Awakening. 

They were tolerated and liked.

7 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I'd appreciate the Cipher characters and enjoyed them a lot in Echoes but my priority would go to in-game characters that were not playable but felt like they should have been.

I'm 99% sure DLC would put a lot of the obvious characters in. I'm surprised Holst, Caspar's father and Randolph got nothing. But I feel like Nader, Judith and Rodrigue are pretty much locks. They have so much story presence, why would they not get something in the DLC?

God I'm dreading Kronya being forced into sympathetic character route and somehow getting to S Support Byleth.

Edited by Seazas

Kronya makes no sense to me. What a terrible way to do a villain. 

I get that she kills Jeralt but she is killed the instant she is revealed. It made her feel unimportant and aesthetically overdesigned to me.  

Would have needed much more time and character development. You should have been pursuing your father's killer longer than that.

Just now, Vince777 said:

Kronya makes no sense to me. What a terrible way to do a villain. 

I get that she kills Jeralt but she is killed the instant she is revealed. It made her feel unimportant and aesthetically overdesigned to me.  

Would have needed much more time and character development. You should have been pursuing your father's killer longer than that.

Yet in your father's death scene, Thales literally says he has a use for her. She was entirely meant to be used, it makes perfect sense that she gets thrown away once pushed into a corner and Byleth being in a perfect spot for Solon to use his spell.

She deserved no character development, she was an annoying tool.