Post-release character popularity poll

Thane

Post-release character popularity poll  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Which house did you choose first?

• Black Eagles
    • Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Black Eagles character?

• Edelgard
    • Hubert
    • Bernadetta
    • Ferdinand
    • Dorothea
    • Caspar
    • Petra
    • Linhardt
  3. 3. Who is your favorite Blue Lions character?

• Dimitri
    • Dedue
    • Ingrid
    • Felix
    • Sylvain
    • Annette
    • Ashe
    • Mercedes
  4. 4. Who is your favorite Golden Deer character?

• Claude
    • Hilda
    • Lorenz
    • Marianne
    • Ignatz
    • Lysithea
    • Raphael
    • Leonie
  5. 5. Who is your favorite miscellaneous character?

• Rhea
    • Jeralt
    • Seteth
    • Flayn
    • Alois
    • Shamir
    • Catherine
    • Gilbert
    • Cyril
    • Other
    • Manuela
    • Hanneman
    • Gatekeeper

Hello chaps!

So, the game has been out for almost a month now and I'm very curious to see your favorite characters. I've tried making the poll as fair as possible, but I wonder if the lordlings should have their own category, since they might get more votes than their classmates by default...

Edited by Thane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Manuella on the list, I guess I am just left to vote other for our most favorite miscellaneous Character the Gatekeeper.

Pretty tough decision here. Most of the time I could name 2-3 of each house I like, For BL its a battle between Felix and Dimitri. Black Eagle.. Edelgard, Hubert and Petra.
And for Golden Deer. Hilda and Claude.. after that Lysithea.

3 minutes ago, Stroud said:

No Manuella on the list, I guess I am just left to vote other for our most favorite miscellaneous Character the Gatekeeper.

Added, though I wish I had the alternative "other" at the bottom but I couldn't change it now that people have already voted for that alternative. This is going to bother me all evening.

1. Which house did you choose first?

Black Eagles

2. Who is your favorite Black Eagles character?

Edelgard

3. Who is your favorite Blue Lions character?

Ashe

4. Who is your favorite Golden Deer character?

Lysithea

5. Who is your favorite miscellaneous character?

Hanneman

My overall favorite character is Lysithea.

I think my overall favorite character is probably Dorothea, just because she is the one who inspired the most emotion in me. Hearing how weary of war she is in her battle dialogue post time skip, hearing her lament the deaths of her former classmates... she feels the most human to me.

This is an easy choice, Blue Lions all the way~

I love all my lions, but Dimitri ended in the top. From the Eagles was hard to choose, I really like Bernadetta, Petra, Caspar and Dorothea won me with her dialogues in the BL route (she nearl make me cry after what happened with Ferdinan and make me feel bad for not recruiting him), in the end I voted for Bernadetta since she was the first one I recruited and she is kinda relatable. From the Deers I choose Lytithea, her dialogues express that she thinks good of you even if she is in a different house, it make me feel sad for not had the time to recruit her.

And from the "others" side... I think is a tied between Flayn (who somehow I end calling her Flan) and Shamir bc she is enigmatic lol

Doesn't online have some kind of statistic for most fielded unit? Tho it's only top 10 or something. I wish the entire data was publicly available

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Doesn't online have some kind of statistic for most fielded unit? Tho it's only top 10 or something. I wish the entire data was publicly available

Yeah, last I checked Dorothea was on top. Though really it was the Black Eagles in general, Bernie and Edelgard weren’t far behind. 

Just now, ZanaLyrander said:

Yeah, last I checked Dorothea was on top. Though really it was the Black Eagles in general, Bernie and Edelgard weren’t far behind. 

BE was the most popular route with many factors to consider so it'd make sense that most of them would be on top.

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

Sure, but that really isn't people's favorites overall. That is just the ones they choose to use in the current route they are playing.

I’m gonna be honest, I barely used any of the miscellaneous units. None of them really endeared themselves to me, with the possible exception of Flayn and even she was much more interesting in concept than in execution. Her backstory is interesting, she herself... not so much. 

I went Golden Deers for my first playthrough, and my favorite students from each house are Dorothea, Ashe, and Lysithea. Flayn and Catherine were the only Faculty members I used a lot in my first playthrough, although Shamir is probably my favorite.

I really like everyone in the Eagles except Bernie and Caspar. I guess Edelgard, Dorothea and Hubert have the edge. Vote goes to Hubert since I'm sure the other two will get plenty.

Blue Lions has the opposite problem, I really can't think of a single character that stood out to me. I like Dimitri's character arc, but I really don't like him. I guess I'll vote Annette, she's a bit bland but her voice is one of the best in the game, and her timeskip appearence saved her from being our regional loli (thank god).

Goldeen Deer is Leonie. Marianne and Hilda are good but Leonie is SO good. Was disapponted by Claude, nice that he searches for truth, but I don't like his motives.

As for Church people, I surprisingly ended up liking most of them, exceptions being Cyril, Flayn and Manuela. Vote goes to Jeralt, I like his attitude. Also those month intros are amazing.

Edited by timon

15 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Sure, but that really isn't people's favorites overall. That is just the ones they choose to use in the current route they are playing.

While it doesn't speak for everyone, fielding a unit in pretty much every battle compared to others you might have occasionally benched speaks to a degree of favoritism (you'll have to do comparisons for each map if the data is released). I will agree people just didn't have other units to use so some characters will be higher up, but towards endgame there'll be a better picture to see who was a "endgame" waifu/husbando as the rankings occur after every battle and your roster will be wide enough to justify picking out favorites or good units, but most likely favorites as this game has brought along many many newcomers (quite likely that this game will sell more than previous entries) and I'd imagine that the common person unexperienced with FE can't tell what's "good" so they'll stick to what they like to use

Then again this feature is available only from the online subscription. Subject pool got extremely downsized so a lot of what I said in the previous paragraph can be thrown out the window. All that time I spent writing that stupid paragraph

14 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

I’m gonna be honest, I barely used any of the miscellaneous units. None of them really endeared themselves to me, with the possible exception of Flayn and even she was much more interesting in concept than in execution. Her backstory is interesting, she herself... not so much. 

Yeah. She's just pretty much plain fish girl, but I don't think she commits any offensively bad in terms of writing except maybe being plain, but that's really all that I see of it

Edited by redlight

I went with the Black Eagles first, even though I didn’t end up siding with Edelgard.

My faves of each house are Dorothea, Felix, and Hilda respectively. Honorable mentions go to Linhardt, Ashe, Petra, Mercedes, Sylvain, and Annette.

As for neutral characters, I daresay I liked them all (Rhea included) outside of Cathrine and Gilbert, though it’s not out of dislike but rather indifference. My favorite would have to be Seteth out of all of them.

I picked Golden Deer first and Claude is definitely my favorite character in this game. He is just too hilarious and brilliant. XD And he gets pretty attractive after the timeskip!

From the Black Eagles I like Dorothea. She's pretty and sings. I like Edelgard too, but I can't say if she's a fav yet given how she's...behaving right now. I want to know more about her motives here.

Blue Lions, Sylvain no question. I always like the womanizer guy. lol They're typically so funny and charming even if they might be a scoundrel sometimes like Sain, or in Sylvain's case, even if he actually cheats. That did cause him to lose a few points for me, but I still think he's great. lol

For miscellaneous, I picked Seteth. He's got a lot of cool moments and apparently he told Flayn that Sylvain flirts with horses and chickens when there are no girls around. LMAO XD

I did Deer first. 

Fave Blue Lion goes to Dimitri even though im fond of everyone in there. 

Fave Black Eagle is actually Hubie. Again, i like just everyone in there tho. 

Fave Deer is Claude obviously. But all the Deers are special due to it being my first run. 

Fave Other is Seteth. 

Fave overall character in the game is Seteth. 

Honestly, the only character i cannot stand in this game is Cyril. Everyone else, even Rhea, is cool bananas in one way or another

My intention was to do Eagles first but Dimitri won me over so I ended up playing the Lions first.

My favorite BE is Petra. Not only is her character rather endearing, she's a beast on every playthrough that I've used her... which has been all of them. Second goes to Dorothea, though contrary to popular opinion I prefer her pre-timeskip.

Blue Lions has GOT to be Dimitri. Great character, beast in battle, deserves every hug. Don't think there's much more to be said (I may be Dimitri trash). Second is Felix. Tsundere guy? Yes please.

The Deer is Claude. He's the most entertaining of the bunch by far and his unique class is really cool. Second goes to Lysithea for straight up nuking everything.

As for others, my favorite is Seteth. He's a strange case where I didn't like him much at first but he really grew on me. Second has got to be Rhea though which may surprise people. I dunno, I've just always liked her.

I didn't expect Alois to be ranked highly but man, no votes makes me a bit sad. I think he may genuinely have one of the most touching quotes in the game. 

Spoiler

Paraphrased:

I'm sorry. Cleaning out the captain's room for a second time is...sigh. It's not easy.