Best Classes of your Students (and Faculty) Encore: Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude

Jayvee94

BEST CLASSES FOR EACH UNIT ENCORE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best endgame class for Edelgard?

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Warlock
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Emperor
  2. 2. What is the best endgame class for Dimitri?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Great Lord
  3. 3. What is the best endgame class for Claude?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Barbarossa
  4. 4. What do you want to vote for after this?

• Equippable Abilities Tier List
    • Equippable Combat Arts Tier List

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:37 PM

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

This is a bad poll result though. People might look at this and make the mistake of putting poor Marianne in the worse Master class in the game. 😞

Unfortunately, the people who voted for Holy Knight is an overwhelming majority (>50%), so Gremory didn't even make the cut.

To start with the discussion:

To skip or not to skip? That is the question for Ingrid. Especially if you're planning for Falcon Knight. She could learn triangle attack if you're planning Flyer Emblem.

For Ashe, his Starting Focus and Lesson Plans make him viable for both Wyvern Lord and Bow Knight.

Lorenz should be straight forward.

Edited by Jayvee94

Ashe:  i give him a Wyvern Lord build, via Brigand for deathblow, and let him crit axe and crit bow everything. (BL is the only path i invest in him because of what happens after the time skip)

Ingrid: for me personally while i am tempted to do dancer Ingrid or Wyvern Ingrid... i don't mess w/success. 
Falcon Lord (via mercenary/swordmaster if you are really concerned for her strength growths). I did brigand once for deathblow. it was fun. 

Lorenz. 
I dunno. I'm trying him as an armoured knight since he has good res he can take magic hits i suppose. 

13 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

This is a bad poll result though. People might look at this and make the mistake of putting poor Marianne in the worse Master class in the game. 😞
If you want her on a mount, use Dark Knight.

Don't see many votes for mortal savant.

Jokes aside, i tried Ashe as a Bow knight and it worked very well even if i had to resort to a brave bow more often than i wanted to. WL works to, but pretty much everyone that is not a caster work whit that overpowered shit.

Ingrid is one of those characters were the question is not "wich master class" but how to get there. She really like death blow and strenght growth boosters. Whitout that, have fun having to repair Luin every other battle.

Lorenz seems very geared toward Dark knight, and i see litle reason to not do that, because you have better paladins options. It's again more of a matter of how, because he can be either more phisical or more magical.

Seriously, Marianne will be more effective in Mortal Savant than in Holy Knight. Its hardly the worst Master class and it gets more hate then it deserves. I'd put Mortal Savant over great knight and holy knight easily. At least Great Knight is a good tank.

Holy Knight is the worse because whitetomefaire is near worthless. There just isn't enough attack white magic to make it effective. On the other hand, Mortal Savant has swordfaire which will boost Marianne damage when using Levin Swords and her relic sword. I don't think its better than Dark Knight or Dancer for Marianne but she will still be a far better murder machine as a Mortal Savant than as a Holy Knight.

Edited by wissenschaft

Phew, okay, that one will be shorter.

Ashe is wyvern lord. He's good at axes and needs the damage, and chest opening utility without having to hoard chest keys of check every map is nice(as the game very much does not provide free ones often, it stops doing that quite early in fact).

Ingrid...? I read Ignatz. Well that's easier then! Wyvern lord! You'd think Falcon knight because of her relic but it's impractical to only use that, and she otherwise really likes the better damage from axes and a +3 base.

Lorenz I'm not sure, I guess wyvern lord by default just because he can? He's very comparable to Sylvain as a DK, with better damage(don't forget about that personal), but some speed issues, and no ranged healing. And since he doesn't get to be a super paladin...
In general his speed is in this weird place where it can't really be fixed since it always barely reaches the best bases for his tier(WL notwithstanding, that's too much work), so you kinda just have to deal with it. That's partially why he's probably better on a wyvern overall, even though that's really boring for an hybrid unit. I guess he could find some success in a levin sword build on faster classes? Idk.

Swordmaster Lorenz 50% STR / 40% magic / 60% speed. lol

Though really Lorenz is tailor made to be a Dark Knight and does pretty well in that class. He won't double often except vs armor knights but then mages struggle with speed growth in general. Though note that the very fast enemies in this game gets absurd speed so even if Lorenz had 60% speed growth he would still not double them. His speed not as big a deal as you might think. Though I would level his armor skill for the weight reduction on his spells.

Edited by wissenschaft

11 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Don't see many votes for mortal savant.

Jokes aside, i tried Ashe as a Bow knight and it worked very well even if i had to resort to a brave bow more often than i wanted to. WL works to, but pretty much everyone that is not a caster work whit that overpowered shit.

Ingrid is one of those characters were the question is not "wich master class" but how to get there. She really like death blow and strenght growth boosters. Whitout that, have fun having to repair Luin every other battle.

Lorenz seems very geared toward Dark knight, and i see litle reason to not do that, because you have better paladins options. It's again more of a matter of how, because he can be either more phisical or more magical.

my ingrid (on 4 playthroughs).  - gets the job done w/silver lance + and javelin + - until the final map where she gets a present and uses Gravidus. 
i gave her deathblow once (so if i need it i can renown it). I actually got her axe high enough to be a wyvern lord but i never felt she fit there for me. 

I did Lorenz as a Dark Knight. 
I like Linhardt there much better. 

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

my ingrid (on 4 playthroughs).  - gets the job done w/silver lance + and javelin + - until the final map where she gets a present and uses Gravidus. 
i gave her deathblow once (so if i need it i can renown it). I actually got her axe high enough to be a wyvern lord but i never felt she fit there for me. 

I did Lorenz as a Dark Knight. 
I like Linhardt there much better. 

Yeah, I think everyone that physically attacks wants deathblow but especially the low str characters. Ingrid going Brigand > Pegasus Rider > Wyvern Rider > Falcon Knight is likely the best build for her.

Ingrid: Definitely Falcon Knight. I tried WL and Swordmaster, but she gets overshadowed by the other units. Not sure if I was RNG-screwed, but yeah, she wasn't that good as a WL. Her DEF was bad really bad for a WL. Swordmaster was ok. Not bad, but not great either. However, Falcon Knight is where she shines: she barely gets hit and doubles/crit 90% of the time. She was my MVP for 6 or 8 maps in a row in the BL route. 

Ashe: I honestly benched him. I got him to an Assassin and he was meh. I believe BK is the best for him.

Lorenz: Dark Knight.

Ashe: Probably Bow Knight. He is just insanely fragile to be a great Wyvern Lord. 35/20/35 HP/Def/Res growths and his HP/Def/Res bases of 23/5/6 make his time from Level 1-20 pretty rough. Even with Wyvern bases, his offense is good, but so is everyone else on a Wyvern. His durability is still questionable even after this, so I found most of the time, I used him for opening chests so my other, better units could go actually win the map. As a Bow Knight, he can still get Death Blow with ease thanks to his Strength in Axes. Honestly, I'm not particularly sold on this, but each time I've used him as a Wyvern Lord, I've been disappointed by how quickly his Health bar depletes. 4 range would probably help with that, and Deadeye has its uses occasionally.

Ingrid: Easy Wyvern Lord. She has great Speed and surprisingly decent defenses, and a strength in Flying is too good to pass up. Wyvern Lord is better than Falcoknight pretty much off the Strength gap alone, but Axes also help patch up Ingrid's questionable Strength really nicely. Ingrid does learn Frozen Lance and Hexblade, but she doesn't really have the Magic stat to pull off magical combat arts. All in all, an easy choice. 

Lorenz: Dark Knight for sure. It's a good enough class for him, and his proficiencies don't really leave many other good options. He is very average in that he's never really the best at anything but also never the worst. Putting him in Dark Knight at least saves investment from other options that you can funnel into Authority instead to get the battalion that gives around +6 in Phys Atk and Magic Atk iirc, so I'd go with that. 

Ashe: Ashe quickly turned out to not be one of my main damage dealers, having some weird growths and stats. He has a strange amount of magic for someone who sucks at Reason. I guess Magic Bow will be good for him, but Mercedes also wants that bow. Dancer is a good fit for him since I like using him as a utility unit. He already has locktouch, so why not make Lara 2.0? But I prefer making him a Wyvern Lord. As Wyvern Lord, he basically becomes a flying thief. I'm not really using him to deal too much damage; he's just hitting and running for the most part. If you're relying on ASHE to be killing mobs of enemies and not Felix/Sylvain/Dimitri/Ingrid... then what? Bow Knight is also a good option. but Wyvern Lord may be more efficient.

Ingrid: She's the best Falcon Knight in the game IIRC. Why would you want to mess with that.

Lorenz: I picked Dark Knight because Lorenz is one of those weird hybrid units that can go either way depending on the RNG. He can be physical or magical depending on which way he sneezes that day. Because of this, having his end class be Dark Knight, a class that covers all of his boons, is my safe cop out answer.

Lorenz is really easily a Dark Knight.

Ingrid and Ashe, on the other hand, I'm a little more torn by. Falcon Knight is a class that no one else fits into, because its gender locked otherwise Dimitri ftw, so I feel compelled to say that for Ingrid and simply get Death Blow from Brigand. However, if you're getting Death Blow, then why not keep boosting her Axe rank and go for Wyvern Lord and you can still use her Luin as you want.

As for Ashe, Budding Talent in Lance with a strength in Axe and Bow makes his two choices obvious. Getting Death Blow, either from Brigand or spending Renown, is also really nice and once again can easily set him down either path with valid arguments for both.

My Ashe got Str blessed so he was actually one of the main units of the run as a Sniper and then BK.

That said I think WL is better, flying archer is nice and he has a slightly better change to fix his power issues, maybe DeathBlow on the way. Also while keys are buyable, flying locktouch is still useful especially if there's a time condition.

Ingrid is a Falcon, the deal with her no matter the class is just hoping to not get fucked by RNG. She doesn't have bows to make up for it. 35 growth is such an awkward number, and probably the reason some call her top tier and some trash.

Lorenz is a DK, probably better through the mage warlock line, but I prefer him as Cav-Pally because there's no one else to do that in GD (I ain't screwing Leonie's speed when I can give her bow range instead).

Edited by timon

Ashe: I think Wyvern Lord might be best on him. For reasons others have said.

Ingrid: Wyvern Lord may technically be better for her Strength, but Falcon Knight just fits her.

Lorenz: Dark Knight. He has two ways of doing it, too.

Voted Ignatz, Flayn, and Catherine.

Don't know about Ashe.

Dark Knight for Lorenz - his proficiencies do point him towards said class.

For Ingrid? This spoiler holds my answer:

Spoiler

250px-Falco_SSBU.png

Wouldn't know if Ingrid's the best as a Falcon Knight, but I made her one with Assassin as a transition class.
Main goal was to maintain Spd advantage (or at least parity) against enemy Swordmasters and Assassins.
Going Assassin would of course make going Wyvern Lord later difficult.

Not all bad. She got a C in Bows for anti-flier duty. B in Swords? Overkill, but she was gonna need a C for Falcon Knight anyway.

Ashe: Bow Knight. Make sure you put that Axe proficiency to use even if you're not going Wyvern and grab Death Blow. He'll need that damage.

Ingrid: Falco. She's perfectly tailored to the class after all.

Lorenz: Dark Knight. I personally think Sylvain is better at this role but these two are built rather similarly. You can go Brigand or Mage to get the Blow skill for your respective stat you want to specialize in, or go Cav straight away for the movement lead. I do find him more prone to stat screwage than Sylvain though.

Edited by Jakkun

Ashe doesn't bring much to the table, between poor stats, no crest,  and a personal that might as well not exist thanks tot he ubiquity of keys. If you must use him, Wyvern Lord makes him the ultimate chest opener and its bonuses and axe use offset his weaknesses.

Half the cast is best as a Wyvern Lord, but few can effectively use Falcon. Flying res tanks are nice in this game, and Ingrid is the best suited for it. Just be sure to pick up Deathblow as early as possible.

Dark Knight is a great class, but a lot of people struggle with the amount investment is requires. Lorenz comes in with boons perfectly tailored to the class, a decent spell list, and a crest that boosts magic damage. Easy pick.

30 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

I have to apologize. I forgot to include Mercedes in the poll. To those who wanted to vote for her, please update accourdingly

Mercedes is an interesting one, because she's the best healer available, but is also a strong black mage.  She haa 50/40 mag/speed growth which is tied with Marianne for best among the Black Magic users and she learns Bolganone as a good mid-level spell at C and Ragnarok at A for big damage.  As such, you could easily use Marianne as a Primary Magic Damage, Secondary Healer rather than vis-versa.

In either circumstance, Her Mag growth is high enough that the bonus healing from Bishop is more luxury than useful.  She doesn't have any spells that really need double usage from Gremory like Warp or Meteor. Fortify is nice, but Physics are usually enough.  Holy Knight is a waste as you lose all the benefits of Bishop for Tomefaire, but don't have Abraxus or Aura to take advantage of it.

So I'm going Dark Knight, but Gremory would be a viable second choice if you don't have another physic user around.  Dealing with the Lance Weakness is rough, but you don't have to get to C to pass the test.

Edited by freewaffles

20 hours ago, freewaffles said:

Mercedes is an interesting one, because she's the best healer available, but is also a strong black mage.  She haa 50/40 mag/speed growth which is tied with Marianne for best among the Black Magic users and she learns Bolganone as a good mid-level spell at C and Ragnarok at A for big damage.  As such, you could easily use Marianne as a Primary Magic Damage, Secondary Healer rather than vis-versa.

In either circumstance, Her Mag growth is high enough that the bonus healing from Bishop is more luxury than useful.  She doesn't have any spells that really need double usage from Gremory like Warp or Meteor. Fortify is nice, but Physics are usually enough.  Holy Knight is a waste as you lose all the benefits of Bishop for Tomefaire, but don't have Abraxus or Aura to take advantage of it.

So I'm going Dark Knight, but Gremory would be a viable second choice if you don't have another physic user around.  Dealing with the Lance Weakness is rough, but you don't have to get to C to pass the test.

We are not yet voting for her best class yet. She's still yet to be voted for the future polls

Ashe: I've tried going Bow Knight for Ashe, and while it eventually turned out good, the problem was getting there; he struggled from levels 10-30.  On the other hand, when I trained him to be a wyvern, he only struggled from levels 10-20.  Wyvern Lord's flying has more utility than Bow Knight, which compliments Ashe's personal better.  Both are ultimately good choices, but my personal experience with trying both makes me lean Wyvern Lord on this one.

Ingrid: I've done both Wyvern Lord and Falcon Knight for Ingrid, and I had great success with both.  Although it's close, I'd say Falcon Knight is ever-so-slightly better for her.  The main reason is the higher res; while early game res isn't a big deal, late game there are a lot of enemy gremories (especially on the Blue Lions route).  Being able to tank enemy magic and keep on going is very useful.  You honestly can't go wrong with either choice though.

Lorenz: Lorenz is interesting because he's designed to be good both magically and physically.  You can build him either physically or magically early on, but no matter your choice, you'll likely end up finishing at Dark Knight.  The class complements his skill boons and both of his primary early choices (cavalier or mage) will end up gearing him toward Dark Knight.  Honestly, it's pretty cut-and-dry that it's his best end-game option.

Ashe: I voted for Bow Knight but I completely forgot he has axe talent (shows how much I used him), so Wyvern Lord is correct. Oops.

Ingrid: Falconknight seems better because it gives her the best Burning Quake possible, and Burning Quake rules, it can easily hit 20 mt in Ingrid's hands AND has a crit avo bonus, which makes it one of the best tools for taking out high-crit human bosses. But Wyvern Lord has slightly better combat otherwise, so you really can't go wrong. EDIT: Checking things, I suppose Burning Quake is actually only 2.3 more damage in Falconknight's hands, WL bases even better than I thought. So I'm not so sure now.

Lorenz: Dark Knight. Riding and Reason, pretty obvious.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf