Best Classes of your Students (and Faculty) Encore: Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude

Jayvee94

BEST CLASSES FOR EACH UNIT ENCORE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best endgame class for Edelgard?

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Warlock
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Emperor
  2. 2. What is the best endgame class for Dimitri?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Great Lord
  3. 3. What is the best endgame class for Claude?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Barbarossa
  4. 4. What do you want to vote for after this?

• Equippable Abilities Tier List
    • Equippable Combat Arts Tier List

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:37 PM

Poll has ended due to it's displacement from the first page.

Results:

• Alois: War Master
  • Gilbert: Great Knight, War Master
  • Shamir: Bow Knight

Encore with Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude has offically started.

Edited by Jayvee94

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barbarossa is pretty much a no brainer for Claude. Great flying class for him.

Dimitri is a prime dancer. JK, Great Lord is also a solid class.

Edelgard I went with Emperor, but didn't finish her route yet.

@Jayvee94 Where can I find the result of the previous votes?

Edelgard: While I think I would like the Emperor class, I’ll admit that it is just a better Fortress Knight which... does not say much. On the other hand, Wyvern Lord has Axefaire and movement, and follows up naturally with the classes that grant Death Blow and Darting Blow.

Dimitri: I’d say Great Lord is fine as is. You can give him the March Ring if you really want Movement.

Claude: Barbarossa; just a no-brainer.

Barbarossa / Wyvern Lord / Bow Knight (don't do it though, respect the only halberdier we got in the whole game plz thank you).

If Emperor had magic access like it should it could be better, but as it stands now just go for the full Daenerys cosplay and call it a day.

For Claude it's a no brainer obviously.

Claude: Barbarossa; it's not even a question.

Dimitri: Dimitri's Great Lord class is pretty damn good; for no investment, you get 6 Movement, Terrain Resistance and solid growths.  If we're talking strictly the best endgame class, though, then Bow Knight is a little better for him.  He can get there fairly easily and 8 Movement plus 4 range on Bows is just nuts in this game.  So yeah, Bow Knight for the poll, but Great Lord is still really cool.

Edelgard: Edelgard gets really screwed over in terms of her unique class.  Emperor is a Fortress Knight with 5 Move, which is... meh?  On top of that, it has split Strength/Magic growths... but it is NOT able to cast magic.  I mean, seriously, why?  As such, her two best options are either Wyvern lord or Dark Knight.  Wyvern Lord is the obvious path, as she's strong with Axes and it capitalizes on her high Strength.  Dark Knight requires quite a bit of leg work, but it lets her utilize her magical abilities on a mount.  Overall, Wyvern Lord is her best option.

This has already been asked, but did you keep a record of the previous poll results, @Jayvee94? Please say yes!

Edit: Nevermind, they're on the previous page, @Garlyle:

On 9/13/2019 at 7:44 AM, Jayvee94 said:

Here's a quick recap of the Results:

• Black Eagles
    • Hubert - Dark Knight
    • Dorothea - Gremory
    • Ferdinand - Wyvern Lord, Great Knight, Paladin
    • Bernadetta - Bow Knight
    • Caspar - War Master
    • Petra - Wyvern Lord
    • Linhard - Holy Knight, Bishop
  • Blue Lions
    • Dedue - War Master
    • Felix - Mortal Savant, Swordmaster
    • Mercedes - Gremory
    • Ashe - Wyvern Lord, Bow Knight
    • Annette - Dark Knight, Gremory
    • Sylvain - Wyvern Lord, Dark Knight
    • Ingrid - Falcon Knight
  • Golden Deer
    • Lorenz - Dark Knight
    • Hilda - Wyvern Lord
    • Raphael - War Master
    • Lysithea - Gremory
    • Ignatz - Bow Knight
    • Marianne - Holy Knight
    • Leonie - Bow Knight
  • Church of Seiros
    • Hanneman - Dark Knight
    • Flayn - Gremory, Flayn - what does this mean?
    • Cyril - Wyvern Lord
    • Manuela: Gremory, Bishop
    • Seteth: Wyvern Lord
    • Catherine: Falcon Knight, Assassin
    • Alois: War Master
    • Gilbert: Great Knight, War Master
    • Shamir: Bow Knight

Are we looking at Byleth after this as well? I'm really looking forward to the Abilities and Combat Art polls as well (though I voted for Abilities first); can't wait!

Edited by DefyingFates

Dimitri: Great Lord is where it's at. I've tried Bow Knight in the past, and most of what that class ends up doing later on, so can this one. Just give one of your students a Retribution Gambit and give Dimitri a low health battalion to trigger Battalion Wrath + Vantage. He'll counter and kill at pretty much any range so long as he stays away from Gambits, but even those have a low chance of hitting him because of how charming the guy is. He clears out entire rooms in the final chapter with sheer force of personality and his lance. He kills Siege Weapon enemies without batting his eye, and magic users begin literally shaking when they see Dimitri Stride toward their attack range. Give him the Scythe of Sariel, and he'll crit every last one of them. No bows needed, and you can focus on increasing his Authority to get the combo quicker as a result. Having a hidden talent in Riding is nice too because it makes Paladin an easy class while waiting for Great Lord. 

Edelgard: All I know is Emperor is terrible. The best Axe class is Wyvern Lord. Aymr is a self-refresh, allowing her to take another action. A flier with self-refresh is dumb, and whoever thought Aymr was a good idea in the first place is also dumb. Go Wyvern Lord. She can still get a bit out of her Magic stat through Lightning Axe, so it's not completely wasted on a 5 move unit. 

Claude: I see no reason to do something besides Barbarossa. Bowfaire, a flier, and 8 Move? What else could you want out of a class? Easy choice that requires no investment. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This has already been asked, but did you keep a record of the previous poll results, @Jayvee94? Please say yes!

Edit: Nevermind, they're on the previous page, @Garlyle:

Are we looking at Byleth after this as well? I'm really looking forward to the Abilities and Combat Art polls as well (though I voted for Abilities first); can't wait!

Flayn's second class is supposed to be dancer.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, Jayvee94 said:

Here's a quick recap of the Results:

• Black Eagles
    • Hubert - Dark Knight
    • Dorothea - Gremory
    • Ferdinand - Wyvern Lord, Great Knight, Paladin
    • Bernadetta - Bow Knight
    • Caspar - War Master
    • Petra - Wyvern Lord
    • Linhard - Holy Knight, Bishop
  • Blue Lions
    • Dedue - War Master
    • Felix - Mortal Savant, Swordmaster
    • Mercedes - Gremory
    • Ashe - Wyvern Lord, Bow Knight
    • Annette - Dark Knight, Gremory
    • Sylvain - Wyvern Lord, Dark Knight
    • Ingrid - Falcon Knight
  • Golden Deer
    • Lorenz - Dark Knight
    • Hilda - Wyvern Lord
    • Raphael - War Master
    • Lysithea - Gremory
    • Ignatz - Bow Knight
    • Marianne - Holy Knight
    • Leonie - Bow Knight
  • Church of Seiros
    • Manuela - Gremory, Bishop
    • Hanneman - Dark Knight
    • Seteth - Wyvern Lord
    • Flayn - Gremory, Dancer
    • Cyril - Wyvern Lord
  • Knights of Seiros
    • Alois - War Master
    • Catherine - Falcon Knight, Assassin
    • Gilbert - Great Knight, War Master
    • Shamir - Bow Knight

With Maddening difficulty out, the +10 defense that Edelgard's Empress class grants her is probably going to be relevant.

+10 Defense on Fortress Knights / Empress and +8 Defense on Great Knights are their main assets. Yeah, 4-move sucks, but that's a SERIOUS stat boost and highly relevant in the face of 54 AS endgame Pegasus knights. I don't think your characters are getting to 50 Speed to prevent getting doubled by those things.

+Mag growth on Empress is fine. Bolt Axe exists for a reason, and you can build one with Arcane Crystals with the Dark shop + Steel Axe forge. The -Mag growth on Wyvern Lord is a liability, since Edelgard is a great mixed-hitter. Yeah, hard mode Wyvern Lord is fine. But I'm looking at these stats in Maddening and its... madness. Being able to mixed-attack in endgame probably will help a lot.

Maddening mode probably means we all should be taking a good, long, look at those class-bonuses. Yeah, +Speed feels nice in Hard Mode so that all your units double the opponent. But I don't think its possible to win the endgame speed wars in Maddening, outside of a select few characters (maybe Petra, if you feed her enough Speedwings)

Edited by dragontamer

Well, these results are somewhat disappointing. Most units fall into 5 classes for endgame: Wyvern Lord, Gremory, Dark Knight, Bow Knight or War Master. Kind of weird how Felix is the only good option for Mortal Savant and Swordmaster, and Catherine is the only Assassin. Honestly yeah, sword users are a bit out of place in this voting, and Petra can easily join them. Oh well, time to check out how good War Master is in endgame.

Good to know that I ended up in the majority with these guys. Dimitri just WRECKS HOUSE as a Great Lord and I see literally no reason to make him anything else, slap a pair of boots on him (or a march ring if you want) and watch him get that 900 critical hit damage with investment even a newcomer can achieve.

Edelgard's canon class would be super awesome if it would just let her use magic!! Alas, it does not, and so Wyvern Lord she shall be. F you game, I make her what I want lol. Seriously though, flying Byleth and flying Edelgard plus Aymr should be illegal. YIKES.

Claude has no reason to be anything but a Barbarossa. I mean sure maybe Wyvern Lord but why when he just... gets this class for like no work? Best archer in the game, best class for the best archer in the game.

In conclusion, Dimitri and Claude got great canon promotion classes and Edel got the short end of the stick but it's okay because she's easy to make a Wyvern Lord anyway.

2 minutes ago, timon said:

Is the Bolt Axe buyable? Because otherwise Edelgard won't get it, as it appears in the reunion chapter.

It's forgeable. You only need 2 Arcane Crystals, a Steel Axe, and I think a B+ Professor Rank. If you find a couple in the monastery, you can even get it before timeskip. If not, the Dark Merchant sells Arcane Crystals, so it's easy enough to acquire.

Edelgard: Wyvern Lord Edelgard might be the single dumbest unit I've personally used yet in the game. Super high strength to go with that axe talent making it easy for her to invest in other skills as needed. And yeah, Raging Storm on that mobility is just wrong.

Dimitri: I'm honestly inclined to say Paladin, despite the speed problems; the Cavalier path gets him great mobility starting from Chapter 10 and he has such high stats that he can ORKO most regardless, so might as well max his move. I haven't tried getting him enough Bow or Axe rank for the other highly mobile classes, though I'm not happy with any proposals to send him through Archer/Sniper (which have much less move).

Claude: Barbarossa, oh look a unique class that actually has everything its user could want. Well, not Bow Range+, but I'll take flying over that anyway, and his final map being a swamp just proved that decision right.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, DefyingFates said:
  • Manuela: Gremory, Bishop

Did the fact that she has a weakness in Reason elude the voters? Because I think it did...

Edited by Shadow Mir

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Did the fact that she has a weakness in Reason elude the voters? Because I think it did...

No vote has reached majority for each class. They just happen to like gremory more than Holy Knight or Levin Sword Falcon Knight.

51 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

No vote has reached majority for each class. They just happen to like gremory more than Holy Knight or Levin Sword Falcon Knight.

Fair, but even so, I'd think people would recommend something that's actually doable outside of NG+ - and I don't expect Manuela to qualify for Gremory any time soon with that Reason weakness.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Fair, but even so, I'd think people would recommend something that's actually doable outside of NG+ - and I don't expect Manuela to qualify for Gremory any time soon with that Reason weakness.

Reason D (or Faith D for that matter) takes all of 3 teaching sessions (20 points automatically each, plus minimum of 4x12=48) and you can have her using Reason within a month of recruiting her (maybe Chapter 8 or 9 on NG?). If you keep training it as one of your two skills it's fairly likely she'll at least get a B by Chapter 15 if you're using her to attack regularly (just the weekly bonus should be a C after 6 chapters; if you're investing in her you might as well add personal instruction and actual combat), so you have a shot at Gremory.

31 minutes ago, Ivan Tridelan said:

Reason D (or Faith D for that matter) takes all of 3 teaching sessions (20 points automatically each, plus minimum of 4x12=48) and you can have her using Reason within a month of recruiting her (maybe Chapter 8 or 9 on NG?). If you keep training it as one of your two skills it's fairly likely she'll at least get a B by Chapter 15 if you're using her to attack regularly (just the weekly bonus should be a C after 6 chapters; if you're investing in her you might as well add personal instruction and actual combat), so you have a shot at Gremory.

Okay, where the heck are you getting 4x12=48 from when she's weak in Reason??? Unless you're assuming that you offered 5000 renown to the Maculi statue, which might not be (and probably isn't, at that point) the case.

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Okay, where the heck are you getting 4x12=48 from when she's weak in Reason??? Unless you're assuming that you offered 5000 renown to the Maculi statue, which might not be (and probably isn't, at that point) the case.

Ah, good point, I forgot to take off the statue bonus. Too used to NG+ at this point. It would be 2x12=24 minimum (no great/perfect) + 60 (3 sessions of 20 points) = 84/100 to hit D. So either you reset/get lucky with Great/Perfect or you need a 4th session to hit D.

Edited by Ivan Tridelan