Best Classes of your Students (and Faculty) Encore: Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude

Jayvee94

BEST CLASSES FOR EACH UNIT ENCORE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best endgame class for Edelgard?

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Warlock
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Emperor
  2. 2. What is the best endgame class for Dimitri?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Great Lord
  3. 3. What is the best endgame class for Claude?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Barbarossa
  4. 4. What do you want to vote for after this?

• Equippable Abilities Tier List
    • Equippable Combat Arts Tier List

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:37 PM

7 hours ago, LegendOfLoog said:

With 7 move and +1 more from getting an A+ in riding, she can Rescue foot units who normally lag behind your other cavalry and fliers, or she can Rescue units that have gone in too deep, allowing you to play quicker and take more risks. She can gain Reposition, essentially a better Smite,  from mastering Soldier, and since she isn't going to see combat very much if at all, her generally mediocre offense doesn't weigh her down as a Holy Knight. In a bind, she can use Physic to help with healing. She does have a low Magic stat, but at least in Black Eagles, Linhardt and Dorothea can pick up her slack if necessary. And since her stats don't really matter much, she can equip support battalions that incur stat penalites but have a good Gambit (Stride or Dance of the Goddess, for example) to further improve her support ability. Finally, Canto ensures she keeps up with the rest of the team. Of course, this is all theorycrafting. But I would rather have a unit who allows me to play a map faster than a unit who deals chip damage against most enemies. 

Hm... I don't know, that does sound interesting but quite niche compared to even a mediocre combat unit. You brought up averages, Bernie has around 19 Spd at level 30. That's 4 Rescue range, soon to be 5, and probably never more. Which isn't... that great. It's also A rank without a strength, so she's not getting it for a while. To keep access to Physic she needs to be in low move classes, limiting how good reposition will be for most of the game... and Physic on its own is bad. It gives very low exp and recruiting Mercedes early lowers its utility tremendously.
That being said, I agree that she's highly unimpressive as a Bow knight as well, from recent experience. I think that's as a result of me realizing too late that I didn't have enough time left to get her to D+ rank axes with a weakness for Brigand access and death blow, though, which she direly, direly needs. I think if you work on it early enough, it improves her performance significantly, Deadeye be damned. And frankly, sniper with hunter's volley access might be better for her because she struggles to double as a bow knight, as you said.
In general Bernadetta is a limited character. It's almost unfortunate that she has a crest, too, as using relics could allow her to trigger her P.skill manually otherwise. I guess I'll say Bow knight still? Idk.

Petra is wyvern lord. I like her as an assassin(even though she has many better options).

Sylvain is wyvern lord. I like him as a dark knight, like quite a few people apparently. But yeah, he can be almost anything.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the votes for Dark Knight on Sylvain.

Compare that to Paladin. Yes, you're taking advantage of his budding talent in reason, but Sylvain has a bad spell list and bad magic growth, so he can't take proper advantage of it. Dark Knight also loses 1 Movement and dilutes his growths. And requirements matter. That training spent on Reason could go into improving his Authority.

I just don't see a valid reason for Sylvain to go Dark Knight over Paladin.

Edited by Etheus

Bernie is BK if you really don't want to bench her, I tried running the Pegasus experiment with her. Don't do it, nonexistent damage.

Petra is on a Wyvern, I actually went with that even in my first run before I knew how OP it is, just because I feel like it's even more natural than Thief.

Sylvain can do WL (boring), Paladin, Dark Knight or Great Knight. Great Knight is actually a downgrade from Paladin though without even considering the ridiculous reqs, so no thanks. Paladin is probably the more optimal solution, but if you've got time DK is actually fun, and Sylvain doesn't have too bad Mag, he's one of the very few units in the cast who can actually be a hybrid worthy of this name. I went that way first playthrough (no NG+) and tbh it's not that bad. Spamming Sagittae works well enough and he's good to throw in the middle of the enemies since he's so tanky + dodge from his talent.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I don't get the votes for Dark Knight on Sylvain.

Compare that to Paladin. Yes, you're taking advantage of his budding talent in reason, but Sylvain has a bad spell list and bad magic growth, so he can't take proper advantage of it. Dark Knight also loses 1 Movement and dilutes his growths. And requirements matter. That training spent on Reason could go into improving his Authority.

I just don't see a valid reason for Sylvain to go Dark Knight over Paladin.

Sylvain easily doubles with magic due to his high speed, strength, and reasonable access to weight -3(compared to most mages), which coupled with Fiendish blow allows him to be still ORKOing consistently; he's also arguably the best Seraphim user in the game, as Lysithea seriously struggles to double with it. And his spell list is not bad.

I'm not claiming it's better than Paladin though.

Edited by Cysx

If we’re talking strictly what’s best for each individual unit in a vacuum, WL for Petra. Bernadetta and Sylvain are closer calls, but I’d lean toward bow knight for B and Paladin for S. Could make a case for WL as Bernadetta notwithstanding the axe issue, as she desperately needs to go brigand for death blow anyway, and it does a lot to patch up her str.

One important thing to keep in mind though is that part of the reason Petra is so good is that she can excel at most any physical class and plug gaps in your team. So stopping there leaves a lot of the actual decision-making to be done in game out of the conversation. She is almost as fantastic as a bow knight (although her middling strength will be more of a problem in that class line - be sure to go through brigand first), and she’s excellent as an assassin or paladin/great knight as well if you need to go that route (she will still have amazing speed even with the cavalry penalties, and it does a lot to round out her stats). 

I’m glad Petra and Bernadetta ended up in the same week, as it’s important to consider their classes together. Edelgard’s route has a bunch of units that make good fliers, but not a ton that are inclined to be bow knights. If you want at least 1-2 on your team, odds are good it’s going to be one or both of those two, notwithstanding whatever you think is best for them individually and in a vacuum. 

Edited by ApocaLips

23 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Sylvain easily doubles with magic due to his high speed, strength, and reasonable access to weight -3(compared to most mages), which coupled with Fiendish blow allows him to be still ORKOing consistently; he's also arguably the best Seraphim user in the game, as Lysithea seriously struggles to double with it. And his spell list is not bad.

I’ll add that his budding talent, +20 avoid while using black magic, is better than it looks and combined with his other stats makes him a more frontline-capable mage than most. 

I also lean toward Paladin for him, but he has enough interesting things going on as a mage that you can’t really stop the analysis at ‘lol 30 mag growth,’ especially in a game where classes bring you up to reasonable minimums automatically. And after all, Ingrid is a perfectly serviceable unit with only 35 in str and mag. 

Edited by ApocaLips

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Sylvain easily doubles with magic due to his high speed, strength, and reasonable access to weight -3(compared to most mages), which coupled with Fiendish blow allows him to be still ORKO consistently; he's also arguably the best Seraphim user in the game, as Lysithea seriously struggles to double with it. And his spell list is not bad.

Adding Seraphim to the mix requires significantly more investment though, as now we're considering raising his Faith to B without a proficiency or budding talent.  He also doesn't learn a black magic spell until D, so that increases the amount of investment required to get him into Mage for Fiendish Blow.  Seraphim (B-rank in a neutral skill that is a diversion from Dark Knight anyway) has 10 weight for 24 might against a Monster.  Lance of Ruin has 9 weight and 22 might, but requires no investment.

Average Stats for a Level 30 Sylvain:

• Monk/Fighter -> Mage -> Warlock -> Dark Knight:  24 strength/23 mag/22 speed
  • Monk/Fighter -> Brigand -> Warlock -> Dark Knight: 25/23/22 speed
  • Monk/Fighter -> Brigand -> Paladin -> Dark Knight: 26/19/21.
  • Monk/Fighter - Brigand -> Paladin -> Dark Knight: 26/19/21
  • Monk/Fighter - Brigand -> Paladin: 26/13/21
  • Monk/Fighter -> Brigand -> Warrior (for 10 levels) -> Dark Knight: 26/19/22
  • Monk/Fighter -> Brigand -> Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord: 30/13/28

The question than becomes how much more do you value Sylvain's spells compared to Flight, or his ability to pump Authority the moment he reaches B/B for Paladin:

• Bolganone is 8 damage at 6 weight and probably his most efficient option.  Saggitae is 7/6; Ragnarok 15/9.
  • Iron Lance is 6/6, Steel Lance: 9/11, Silver Lance 13/9; Silver Lance+ 14/9; Iron Axe: 8/7, Steel Axe is 11/12; Silver Axe: 15/10; Silver Axe+ 16/10; Lance of Ruin 22/9.
  • Fiendish Blow is a wash with Deadly Blow, but he can access Brigand with a lot less investment than Mage (starts at D, has proficiency versus starts at E with no spells until he reaches D and needs 12 tutoring sessions to unlock proficiency). 
  • For very low res/high defense enemy (basically just Fortress Knights), he has Bolt Axe+ (14 might/15 weight), Mace (18/6 v. Armor), Hammer (30/15 v. armor), Helm Splitter (which does Magic damage if used with Bolt Axe), and Lightning Axe.
  • King of Lions Corps. gives +9/0 at C; Gloucester Knights give +6/+6 and Bergliez War Group gives +7/+0 at B.

Finally, it's worth noting that his only two +Mt supports are Ingrid and Felix (Adjutants count as supports).  Ingrid is almost certainly going to be flying, and she gives him an additional +2 mt / 2pt by being next to him.  An early recruit Felix is likely funneled towards Wyvern or Bow Knight, but may end up as an infantry Swordmaster/Assassin or Warmaster.

Edited by freewaffles

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

Hm... I don't know, that does sound interesting but quite niche compared to even a mediocre combat unit. You brought up averages, Bernie has around 19 Spd at level 30. That's 4 Rescue range, soon to be 5, and probably never more. Which isn't... that great. It's also A rank without a strength, so she's not getting it for a while. To keep access to Physic she needs to be in low move classes, limiting how good reposition will be for most of the game... and Physic on its own is bad. It gives very low exp and recruiting Mercedes early lowers its utility tremendously.

I agree that it is entirely niche, and honestly, you may just be better off keeping her on the bench or using her riding talent to have a 7 move dancer with Pass. I can't say for certain exactly how long it would take to get an A level in faith, but I have managed to get Dedue to B+ in Flying by the end of pre-skip, so I'm sure it's possible. Usually, you also have other healers, so if low move is an issue, you can just run her as a Cavalier -> Paladin until 30. That allows her to use Reposition early and use her combat while it is still semi-useful. Also, is Rescue not based off Magic? That explains why Flayn's rescue range is so bad, I guess. Is the Rescue formula just Speed / 5 rounded down?

And as far as Physic goes, I wasn't really factoring in any recruitment, but even if you don't, there will always be better users of it in the BE route in Linhardt and Dorothea. It is just a very small point in her favor that she can heal someone from range if necessary as a Holy Knight. Probably won't be doing it often if you have a good Fortify user, but it's there I guess.

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

That being said, I agree that she's highly unimpressive as a Bow knight as well, from recent experience. I think that's as a result of me realizing too late that I didn't have enough time left to get her to D+ rank axes with a weakness for Brigand access and death blow, though, which she direly, direly needs. I think if you work on it early enough, it improves her performance significantly, Deadeye be damned. And frankly, sniper with hunter's volley access might be better for her because she struggles to double as a bow knight, as you said.

That sounds slightly better than what she is, but you absolutely need both to make a dent in anything. As a Level 35 Sniper who went through Brigand, she still only has 22-23 Strength, so factoring in Death Blow and assuming she's using a Silver Bow+, she's dealing 52-53 damage per hit with her personal active and Bowfaire from Sniper. That is significantly better, but many enemies in the late game have high HP pools, Prt ratings around the mid 20s, and enough AS that Bernie can't double them. I picked Level 35 since that's where I'm currently at, and I'll use a Paladin to help show how questionable Bernie's damage output is. The Paladin has 21 AS, 27 Prt, and 50 HP. Paladins are one of the weaker enemy types in the game from personal experience as they are usually doubled, have fairly low damage, and are only decently durable. However, Sniper Bernie with Death Blow has 24 Speed, and the strongest weapon she can use without being weighed down is an Iron Bow+. She has an Atk of 45-46 with it and an AS of 24, so she needs a Speed Ring to double a generic Paladin and can't ORKO him anyway. Assuming Hunter's Volley and a Silver Bow+, she very narrowly gets the ORKO with Hunter's Volley with 2 damage at most to spare. A generic Warrior at a similar level has 56 HP and 25 Prt which is only a point of Strength away from not being a ORKO. These aren't inspiring numbers since these are generic enemies from auxiliary battles, but this is still better than I expected. Most good combat units can easily ORKO these types of enemies while also having high move, but Bernie can only do it while she's injured, with a Combat Art, at 5 move, and through the skin of her teeth. I don't necessarily think Bernie is terrible, but she is fairly mediocre, so any utility she can provide may be better than the limited combat potential she has. If there was an option for it on the poll, I would probably put Bench, but Sniper Bernie has impressed me slightly, so I guess I'll put that. 

Edited by LegendOfLoog

29 minutes ago, freewaffles said:

Adding Seraphim to the mix requires significantly more investment though, as now we're considering raising his Faith to B without a proficiency or budding talent.

That's fair enough.

As for the rest, I did say that Wyvern Lord was his best class, but regardless, there are a few things I think you didn't properly consider here:

- Brigand requiring lower investment would only matter if getting into Mage was difficult, which it really isn't. Reaching D+ requires only 180 exp, and funneling that amount into something else will make limited difference. Similarly, using lances until you reach D on month 2 isn't exactly a big deal and he may not even participate in ch1.
- Enemies have on average 10 to 15 less Res than they have Def, making magic comparatively much stronger than with a straight mt comparison. The lance of ruin is always nice though.
- Magic allows 1-3 range fairly early on(1-4 if he's your main magic user, though that's unlikely I feel), which is quite useful, and not something lances get.
- While the bolt axe is super strong, it's nigh impossible to double with(armored classes aside indeed, but very few classes struggle against them in the first place, there are just too many available tools to take them down), so you'll mostly be aiming at OHKO, which Sylvain will struggle with.
- Everyone wants King of Lion corps, it's not exactly something you can assume will end up on him; it's also unusable if he's a Wyvern Lord. Magic battalions are in considerably lower demand, though admittedly you want B authority for them.

The additional range from magic accessories is pretty useful for supports actually. This compensates for lower flexibility in positioning quite well.

12 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I agree that it is entirely niche, and honestly, you may just be better off keeping her on the bench or using her riding talent to have a 7 move dancer with Pass. I can't say for certain exactly how long it would take to get an A level in faith, but I have managed to get Dedue to B+ in Flying by the end of pre-skip, so I'm sure it's possible. Usually, you also have other healers, so if low move is an issue, you can just run her as a Cavalier -> Paladin until 30. That allows her to use Reposition early and use her combat while it is still semi-useful. Also, is Rescue not based off Magic? That explains why Flayn's rescue range is so bad, I guess. Is the Rescue formula just Speed / 5 rounded down?

Yeah, getting to A is doable for sure, it just takes a while. That's 1320 exp from E and your average month gives around between 150 and 200(depending on blessings mostly) without a strength, so mainly I was just saying that it wouldn't happen anytime soon. Similarly, a cavalier with meh combat... idk, might as well waste a bit of time to get into pegasi really. Also my bad, I meant to write Mag. Rescue is Mag/4 rounded down, and transports to the closest tile, making its effect typically 1 tile less than its range.

Not much to say on the other part, I can only agree mostly; her combat is very limited. She also does somewhat okay with brave bows(enemy phase will be your death however, so only on Bow knight), and it's worth mentioning that she can freely dismount for +2 AS, and in practice, spd food(which I find is the best choice for a bunch of reasons) can make things less bad than they seem for her. But at least Sniper is reliable and nothing really stops her from grabbing Mov +1 anyways, since she has a (hidden)strength and all.

Edited by Cysx

2 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

And as far as Physic goes, I wasn't really factoring in any recruitment, but even if you don't, there will always be better users of it in the BE route in Linhardt and Dorothea. It is just a very small point in her favor that she can heal someone from range if necessary as a Holy Knight. Probably won't be doing it often if you have a good Fortify user, but it's there I guess.

That sounds slightly better than what she is, but you absolutely need both to make a dent in anything. As a Level 35 Sniper who went through Brigand, she still only has 22-23 Strength, so factoring in Death Blow and assuming she's using a Silver Bow+, she's dealing 52-53 damage per hit with her personal active and Bowfaire from Sniper. That is significantly better, but many enemies in the late game have high HP pools, Prt ratings around the mid 20s, and enough AS that Bernie can't double them. I picked Level 35 since that's where I'm currently at, and I'll use a Paladin to help show how poor Bernie's damage output is. The Paladin has 21 AS, 27 Prt, and 50 HP. Paladins are one of the weaker enemy types in the game from personal experience as they are usually doubled, have fairly low damage, and are only decently durable. However, Sniper Bernie with Death Blow has 24 Speed, and the strongest weapon she can use without being weighed down is an Iron Bow+. She has an Atk of 45-46 with it and an AS of 24, so she needs a Speed Ring to double a generic Paladin and can't ORKO him anyway. Assuming Hunter's Volley and a Silver Bow+, she very narrowly gets the ORKO with Hunter's Volley with 2 damage at most to spare. A generic Warrior at a similar level has 56 HP and 25 Prt which is only a point of Strength away from not being a ORKO. These aren't inspiring numbers since these are generic enemies from auxiliary battles, but this is still better than I expected. Most good combat units can easily ORKO these types of enemies while also having high move, but Bernie can only do it while she's injured, with a Combat Art, at 5 move, and through the skin of her teeth. I don't necessarily think Bernie is terrible, but she is fairly mediocre, so any utility she can provide may be better than the limited combat potential she has. If there was an option for it on the poll, I would probably put Bench, but Sniper Bernie has impressed me slightly, so I guess I'll put that. 

Of course, you can give her stat-boosting items. But that applies to all units.

The beauty of Fire Emblem (and this game in particular) is that you can do as you please with your units, given the options you have.

I ca agree that many of the characters that are canonically archers (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, even Shamir) have their own set of problems. The ones from the Houses somewhat lack the strength to succeed, while (as I’ve heard) Shamir can get screwed in growths. Though, I doubt this will be a problem for her until Maddening, I guess.

Oh yeah, and there’s Claude, too. Not sure if he has such problems, though.

22 minutes ago, LegendOfLoog said:

I don't necessarily think Bernie is terrible, but she is fairly mediocre, so any utility she can provide may be better than the limited combat potential she has. If there was an option for it on the poll, I would probably put Bench, but Sniper Bernie has impressed me slightly, so I guess I'll put that. 

Another frustrating aspect about Bernie is that the Bow linked to her crest (which is received through a Part 2 Linhardt/Leonie paralogue oddly enough) is incredible, but contradictory to her personal skill as it keeps her at full health.  I typically find that I have to send her up against a mage or enemy archer for some chip damage early on so that she takes some damage and gets the +5 might, then rely on brave bow for the rest of the way.  

I ca agree that many of the characters that are canonically archers (Bernadetta, Ashe, Ignatz, even Shamir) have their own set of problems. The ones from the Houses somewhat lack the strength to succeed, while (as I’ve heard) Shamir can get screwed in growths. Though, I doubt this will be a problem for her until Maddening, I guess.

Shamir's not likely to get screwed in growth as much as she misses out on Death blow unless you pump axes and circle back to it.  The better option for Shamir is to make her a Peg Knight right out the gate so she gains some speed growth and Darting Blow.  Darting Blow will help her activate her ability for enemy phase, and then she can transition back to Sniper/Bow Knight if you want the range or push for Falcon Knight.

Edited by freewaffles

23 minutes ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

You'll struggle finding many units in this game that have less problems than Claude, to be honest. He specializes in arguably the best weapon type, has stellar stats, and gets the best class in the game + pass + probably the best offensive battalion in the game, for free.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

You'll struggle finding many units in this game that have less problems than Claude, to be honest. He specializes in arguably the best weapon type, has stellar stats, and gets the best class in the game + pass + probably the best offensive battalion in the game, for free.

+ Falling Star gives him immunity for an entire turn.

6 minutes ago, freewaffles said:

+ Falling Star gives him immunity for an entire turn.

Just checked to make sure, but that's just for the next attack. And thank gosh because, man would that be broken. His relic isn't even hard to repair like Edelgard's.

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Just checked to make sure, but that's just for the next attack. And thank gosh because, man would that be broken. His relic isn't even hard to repair like Edelgard's.

Awww, darn.  Its been a while since I did his route, and he dodges like crazy anyway.  It's still a great ability.

9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I don't even think it's the "next" attack. It's the first attack after combat ends. I've seen him take counter attacks from Falling Star before. I'm honestly not sure there's any good uses for it, especially compared to Edelgard and Dimitri's relic abilities.

40 minutes ago, Cysx said:

What? How?

I’m gonna add my vote to Dark Knight Sylvain. His spell list is solid, plus his +20 avoid makes him really tanky.

Really, the great about Sylvain is that he can a little bit of everything and do it well. He can double, be a physical attacker, be a magic attacker, he can heal and he can be tanky. He’s jack of all trades done right. Sylvain’s real only flaw is his weakness in bows, other than that it’s hard to find something Sylvain can’t do and do it well.

41 minutes ago, Burklight said:

I don't even think it's the "next" attack. It's the first attack after combat ends. I've seen him take counter attacks from Falling Star before. I'm honestly not sure there's any good uses for it, especially compared to Edelgard and Dimitri's relic abilities.

On the first post-timeskip map I tried roughly testing it. It was triggering well after just one attack/combat round (you can see the effect activate on the left) but stopped abruptly partway through the enemy phase. He did start taking hits after a certain point, and dodges didn’t show the effect triggering anymore. I think it dodges everything over the next enemy phase, but has a 5 or 10 dodge cap or something. 

Edited by ApocaLips

38 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Yeah, getting to A is doable for sure, it just takes a while. That's 1320 exp from E and your average month gives around between 150 and 200(depending on blessings mostly) without a strength, so mainly I was just saying that it wouldn't happen anytime soon. Similarly, a cavalier with meh combat... idk, might as well waste a bit of time to get into pegasi really. Also my bad, I meant to write Mag. Rescue is Mag/4 rounded down, and transports to the closest tile, making its effect typically 1 tile less than its range.

Ah, that makes more sense. Pegasus Knight might be Bernie's best option in Intermediate regardless since she can at least pick up Darting Blow and act as a watered down Kinshi Knight. Rescue seems kind of bad then. Flayn can make decent use of it if you invest in her, but not having Physic hurts, and her reason spell list is just average. Guess Rescue is mostly shelved this game unless they add it somehow as an item. 

1 hour ago, Azure, Roundabouted Out said:

At the very least, Ashe has an easy route to Death Blow and can gain an easy enough certification for Wyvern Rider to patch up his Strength. The others do struggle as the game goes on though.

1 hour ago, freewaffles said:

Another frustrating aspect about Bernie is that the Bow linked to her crest (which is received through a Part 2 Linhardt/Leonie paralogue oddly enough) is incredible, but contradictory to her personal skill as it keeps her at full health.  I typically find that I have to send her up against a mage or enemy archer for some chip damage early on so that she takes some damage and gets the +5 might, then rely on brave bow for the rest of the way.  

Yeah, it's unfortunate that her personal weapon goes against her entire game plan. It'd be different if she at least had good bulk to take higher amounts of damage, but at level 30, she ends up with 39-40 HP, 15 Def, and 11 Res. A strong breeze oneshots her, so taking damage to begin with is risky as the game goes on.

1 hour ago, Burklight said:

You're right, that's what I meant.
Invicibility to one attack probably will have more applications in harder difficulty modes, but even now it can completely cheese bosses. I think its biggest weakness currently is that it's pretty easy to forget it exists.
Outside of that, the +30 accuracy is nice since the failnaught is really strong but doesn't have the best accuracy, and +10 mt is serviceable.

26 minutes ago, ApocaLips said:

On the first post-timeskip map I tried roughly testing it. It was triggering well after just one attack/combat round (you can see the effect activate on the left) but stopped abruptly partway through the enemy phase. I think it dodges everything, but has a 5 or 10 dodge cap or something. 

Okay, so from further testing, the effect has to be consumed. Meaning if Claude dodges naturally, it's not, it only activates on an attack that would have hit him. It is just one attack though. There might be more to it still...
Edit: Also, if it's not consumed within the next turn, it expires automatically.

Edited by Cysx