Best Classes of your Students (and Faculty) Encore: Edelgard, Dimitri and Claude

Jayvee94

BEST CLASSES FOR EACH UNIT ENCORE  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best endgame class for Edelgard?

• Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • Gremory
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Warlock
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Emperor
  2. 2. What is the best endgame class for Dimitri?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Great Lord
  3. 3. What is the best endgame class for Claude?

• Wyvern Lord
    • Mortal Savant
    • Great Knight
    • Bow Knight
    • Dark Knight
    • Holy Knight
    • War Master
    • Hero
    • Swordmaster
    • Assassin
    • Fortress Knight
    • Paladin
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Warrior
    • Sniper
    • Grappler
    • Warlock
    • Dark Bishop
    • Bishop
    • Dancer
    • Barbarossa
  4. 4. What do you want to vote for after this?

• Equippable Abilities Tier List
    • Equippable Combat Arts Tier List

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:37 PM

Raphael: War Master for me. As great as Wyvern Lord is, I find having one War Master per group is really beneficial when you just need something to die. Slow Wyvern Lords are not usually that impressive (speaking from experience with Dedue), and Quick Riposte is pretty great if you get it early with the Knowledge Gem.

Hanneman: I've never used him, but Dark Knight seems like an easy choice as he has nothing else to really go for. 

Cyril: This one is actually a bit difficult, but I'll tentatively say Bow Knight. Death Blow fixes any Strength issues he may have, and he isn't particularly bulky. You could go Wyvern Lord for a watered-down Claude, but his low durability means you need to be more careful with his positioning. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Would it be better to go back to Grappler after getting Quick riposte? Raphael is so slow, he's never going to double but healing focus can keep him above 50% and quick riposte lets him double on the retaliation (and apparently prevents him being doubled). Gauntlets get him the brave effect on the cheap for relying almost entirely on his base stat for damage and since he'll basically never naturally double grappler's three hits would be better no? That said, if he's using axes, war master is better no contest.

20 hours ago, CyberNinja said:

Question: Would it be better to go back to Grappler after getting Quick riposte? Raphael is so slow, he's never going to double but healing focus can keep him above 50% and quick riposte lets him double on the retaliation (and apparently prevents him being doubled). Gauntlets get him the brave effect on the cheap for relying almost entirely on his base stat for damage and since he'll basically never naturally double grappler's three hits would be better no? That said, if he's using axes, war master is better no contest.

War Master can use Gauntlets, too. Would it be worth it to sacrifice 4 points of Str, and 1 point each of HP, Luck and Res for 3 points of Dex and 1 point of Spd?

18 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

If we're talking about purely gauntlets, I'd still rather stick in War Master since Fistfaire + Death Blow means that you're gonna kill in those 2 hits regardless, they can even quad against some of the slower beasts that would warrant more than two hits. Plus WM has innate Crit +20 which is stupid with the Killer Knuckles and makes up for the lack of a third hit.

31 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

War Master can use Gauntlets, too. Would it be worth it to sacrifice 4 points of Str, and 1 point each of HP, Luck and Res for 3 points of Dex and 1 point of Spd?

Generally an extra hit is considered better than a boost in stats because an extra hit is at least equal to 5-10 extra might, the crit while bad to rely on, is a nice added bonus. However...

28 minutes ago, Jakkun said:

If we're talking about purely gauntlets, I'd still rather stick in War Master since Fistfaire + Death Blow means that you're gonna kill in those 2 hits regardless, they can even quad against some of the slower beasts that would warrant more than two hits. Plus WM has innate Crit +20 which is stupid with the Killer Knuckles and makes up for the lack of a third hit.

It's redundant if you're already guaranteeing a kill, and I've already admitted War Master is better for axes (which you'll likely use more often than gauntlets) but I think the comparison has already been made in this thread or another.

Raphael: Wyvern Lord. I know he’s pretty great as a War Master, but Wyvern Lord makes him a physical wall with far more mobility than a Fortress Knight. Typically that wouldn’t matter to me, and I probably would have just made him a FK anyway, but WL’s higher speed won me over. Now instead of taking 0x2, he’s taking 0x1. I have tried him as a War Master in my BL playthrough, and while it was OK, it wasn’t anywhere near as overall powerful as WL for him. Maybe because he had an entire playthrough to shine in the run where I made him WL. 

Also, thank you to whoever put down Mortal Savant for him. That was brilliant.

Cyril: On the other hand, while most prefer Raph to be a WM and Cyril to be a WL, I like it the other way around. While I acknowledge WL is generally a better class, I vastly prefer Cyril as a WM due to just how often he crits in this class. Overkill is fun, and it allows some one-rounds on enemies my other guys couldn’t hope to take out in one round. And that’s not including killer weapons. Tbf, though, I don’t value mobility as much as a lot of other people. If a class has better offenses/defences but less mobility, I’m more likely to choose that one.

As another aside, has anybody tried the Bolt Axe WL build on Cyril? His magic isn’t the greatest, but it’s passable IMO, and he can hit with it consistently. Plus, his high speed and decent strength ensure fairly consistent doubles, unlike other candidates like Annette (though I guess Annette has her relic going for her). He also has strengths in all required areas. Just a thought I had.

Hanneman: haven’t used him. Put Bow Knight for memes, though I don’t know if he was originally designed to be a Magic Bow user or what. If I actually had to choose, it’d be Dark Knight, I suppose

Raph: Like Caspar, War Master. Give him some Sword training and get Vantage with Wrath and probably Death Blow still and he turns into a crit power house for both phases.

Hanneman: Dark Knight, easiest choice for him if you want to put the work into him. If not, Warlock works fine just to have him running around.

Cyril: Wyvern Lord, personally. No real reason, just seems to fit his stats to me.

14 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

The interest in this thread is getting less and less. 😢

To be fair, people voted for the stronger characters and the characters with more versatility in options first, so we're left with the much more cut-and-dry or less interesting characters at this point.

Raphael's boons orient him nicely toward War Master. He also doesn't have flying bane, so Wyvern Lord is also an option. The difference between the two is WLs higher base speed vs WMs  gauntlet attacks, and how each play with Raphael's atrocious speed stat. Even if WL super boosts it the base, it still will rarely go up at a 25% growth chance, so I personally feel the gauntlets are a better for for guaranteeing doubles. Plus, you have so many people already who do best as WL already but few flying batallions.

Hanneman takes a page from Dorothea's book and has both Meteor and Thoron. However, he doesn't get Physic, so he can't do the same commitment to long-range. BEtween this and his Riding boon, Dark Knight is an easy choice, giving you Throron with cavalry movement.

Cyril is blessed with boons that can take him toward either Bow Knight or Wyvern Lord. He's a fine filler for either. I voted Bow Knight for his best, as it has fewer easy and strong candidates.

I am going to end up echoing sentiments about the three we have right now, so for Raphael, we have War Master, Hanneman Dark Knight, and finally Cyril as a Wyvern Lord.

Voted Manuela, Catherine, and Gilbert.

Looking at maddening Raphael need quick riposte or a buttload of defense, so fortress knight(LOL) or War Master.

Haneman need ben... Dark Knight should be his best bet but sadly he is not very good.

Cyril imo is better off as a WK. Point Blank barrage is easy to learn and is 1 range anyway so he can carry a bow for the sake of having it when needed.

Poll ends due to it's displacement from the first page.

The results:

• Raphael: War Master
  • Hanneman: Dark Knight
  • Cyril: Wyvern Lord
  • Poll 9: Manuela, Seteth, Catherine
  • Poll 10: Alois, Gilbert, Shamir

With the best class polls nearly coming to an end, let me share you my plan.

I'm thinking of one of the following:

• A Smogon-style tier list of Equipped Skills.
  • A Smogon-style tier list of Equipped Combat Arts.
  • An encore poll for the best class of the house leaders.

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:
  • A Smogon-style tier list of Equipped Skills.
  • A Smogon-style tier list of Equipped Combat Arts.
  • An encore poll for the best class of the house leaders.

Do the encore poll first, then the equipped combat arts tier list.

Anyways, I will give my thoughts before the poll starts:

•Manuela: Bishop. Sure, it has low movement, but she does have Warp. And she can just be a warp user on He battlefield. Maybe even with a Levin Sword+ for chip. She does not have much else going for her, though.

•Seteth: Wyvern Lord. That is all.

•Catherine: While Reason can be built up over the course of the game after you recruit her, it would be better to just invest in just her Sword and Authority ranks. But, Bows and movement are still nice to have, and maybe even gauntlets too. So, I think Assassin will be best for her.

Poll has officially started, here are my thoughts:

• Manuela: She starts her focus with Swords and Faith. Faith suggests going for Bishop -> Gremory/Holy Knight. Swords suggest Swordmaster/Assassin -> Falcon Knight. I've never seen anyone running her as a Levin Sword Falcon Knight as she doesn't appear to be useful enough.
  • Seteth: Wyvern Lord.
  • Catherine: To class or not to reclass? That is the question. I've seen her used as a Swordmaster, Assassin and even Faclon Knight. It's unfortunate she doesn't have a class that requires Brawling.
Edited by Jayvee94

Manuela - If she could become a Dancer, she would be a perfect fit for it.  Unfortunately, she cannot; thus, her next-best option is Bishop.  Gremory would theoretically be better, but good luck getting her Reason to A in any reasonable timeframe (even getting B/B+ and saving before trying certification will take a while).

Seteth - Wyvern Lord.

Catherine - You can either keep her as Swordmaster for better growths + Sword Crit, go Assassin for 6 Movement + occasional utility, or attempt to go for something else (say, Falcon Knight), and then realize that she starts at E rank in almost everything else and her only boons are Swords and Fists.  I'd say it's best to stick with Swordmaster for a while, get her some levels, then finish up in Assassin for the movement.  In other words, her best endgame = Assassin.

Seteth: Wyvern Lord, of course. Having a low investment flier is very nice, especially on higher difficulties. There's not much else you can or would want to do with him, so he's fine as is. 

Catherine: Low investment units are good. Making her a Falcon Knight sounds ok, but missing out on Swordfaire isn't great. I think increasing her Bows is probably the best to get Swordfaire on a higher Move class in Assassin. 

Manuela: I've never used her, but I know her Warps are relatively weak in comparison to Lindhardt and Lysithea. Her Str and Mag growths are both equally mediocre, so it's probably better to become a Bishop and use what little utility she has. She is really fast though, so I guess she's got that in her favor over most other mages. 

Catherine: Falcon knight. it buffs up her speed and she still does massive damage with her sword. and sure you lose swordfaire. but then you get lancefaire and she smacks Just as hard w/that. 

Seteth. Wyvern Lord. he could do well on a horse, if he didn't have a weakness (doesn't mean you couldn't do it, but he's good in the air)

Manuela: bench. 

Here's a quick recap of the Results:

• Black Eagles
    • Hubert - Dark Knight
    • Dorothea - Gremory
    • Ferdinand - Wyvern Lord, Great Knight, Paladin
    • Bernadetta - Bow Knight
    • Caspar - War Master
    • Petra - Wyvern Lord
    • Linhard - Holy Knight, Bishop
  • Blue Lions
    • Dedue - War Master
    • Felix - Mortal Savant, Swordmaster
    • Mercedes - Gremory
    • Ashe - Wyvern Lord, Bow Knight
    • Annette - Dark Knight, Gremory
    • Sylvain - Wyvern Lord, Dark Knight
    • Ingrid - Falcon Knight
  • Golden Deer
    • Lorenz - Dark Knight
    • Hilda - Wyvern Lord
    • Raphael - War Master
    • Lysithea - Gremory
    • Ignatz - Bow Knight
    • Marianne - Holy Knight
    • Leonie - Bow Knight
  • Church of Seiros
    • Hanneman - Dark Knight
    • Flayn - Gremory, Flayn
    • Cyril - Wyvern Lord

Catherine: Falco, you can just focus completely on Lance/flying as soon as you get her and never have to worry about sword rank for Falco reqs. The A rank in swords isn't wasted since you can give her some really good swords early like the one you get from Felix and Dimitri's support, and you can just give Thunderbrand to someone who needs it more.

Seteth: He already starts in the best class in the game, so obviously you should make him a Fortress Knight. You'd be foolish to do anything else with the guy, frankly.

Manuela: Gremory, but you're most likely gonna keep her as a Bishop because she's a rare character who is good at one magic but bad at the other... Honestly her proficiencies are all over the place. She's also good at swords and flying? I guess you could try making her a Falco but no, just turn Catherine or Shamir into one, or recruit Ingrid.

Seteth obviously Wyvern Lord. Never used much the other two, outside of a meme run with Holy Knight Catherine just to play into her zealot personality, but I can safely say switch to Assassin if you want swords. It's just an upgrade on Swordmaster really.

Edited by timon

Seteth: Wyvern Lord. Kind of an obvious choice for him

Catherine: she's a great Swordmaster, won't disappoint even if she doesn't change class.

Manuela: I never had an endgame Manuela yet, so I'm not sure. Mortal Savant?

I'd like to talk about Battalions in the future instead.

Manuela has a surprisingly good spell list, between Bolting, Silence, and Warp, but her fundamental attack spells (only Thunder and Bolganone) are lacking. Gremory gives her more uses of her compelling spells on both sides of the spectrum, and gets my vote. Her weakness in Reason makes this more of an eventual goal for her, and Bishop is about in the meantime or even as an end goal due to doubling her coolest spell.

Seteth starts in the Wyvern line and has zero reason to go anywhere other than WL.

Assassin is pretty much an upgraded Swordmaster, and a worthwhile low-investment target.

Ok, since the poll seems to be unavailable, I’ll just make my vote here for now.

Alois: War Master. He can get into it naturally enough without too much investment.

Gilbert: I heard that he does not have much trouble getting into Wyvern Lord, so I’ll say that.

Shamir: Bow Knight. Though it might be more worth it to keep her as a Sniper until you do not feel the need to use Hunter’s Volley.

Alois: War Master is pretty much what he was made to turn into.  It helps that War Master is really good.

Gilbert: I honestly have no clue; I've never used him.  He can easily turn into a Great Knight, and it's not like he's ever going to double anything anyway.  Might as well maximize his attack and defense.  Plus, Great Knight is under-represented on the list thus far.

Shamir: Bow Knight.  She actually doesn't do too bad just staying as a Sniper, but Bow Knight's utility is just too good to pass up.

Alois: Never used him, but with all of the Quick Riposte Swordmasters running around on Maddening Mode, I think that utilizing Brave weapons is good. Therefore, War Master is good. I still don't think I'd use him, but that's just because I can't really find space for him. 

Gilbert: Wyvern Lord for sure. It only takes a few weeks of instruction to open up the Wyvern Rider exam for him, and once he get it, you have a flier with Smite and Weight -3 with little effort. He's actually comparable to Seteth for me so far, but he's just joined a chapter later. Seteth and Gilbert's Strength and Dex growths are very similar, but Seteth does have a 50 in Speed while Gibert has 30. On the other hand though, Gilbert can get Weight -5 with more investment into Armor, so if you have the resources, it may be worth grabbing. Although, pretty much everything doubles them on Maddening anyways lol. 

Shamir: Bow Knight, for the most part. Her ability to chip at range is pretty much her main draw on Maddening, so getting the opportunity to do that safely is good.