NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

Now Brown is on the PATRIOTS. He can't play tomorrow vs the Steelers, but still, the stupidity train continues.

Pats have a lot of talent now, but can Belichick tame AB and keep him in line? Everyone's hyping the Pats up, but I think it's not that simple as it looks...

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw all this stupidity with AB too, it's ridiculous. Now I'm glad we dropped him when we did, because if we hadn't, it's clear that the situation would've only gotten worse. I have a Steeler AB night light that I got before he turned into an idiot though. When I was still a big fan and stuff.

Now I really just want to sell it. I could use the money anyway. Though I don't know who'd want to buy it now...

Oh yeah, my aunt's boyfriend had texted me about AB joining the Patriots. I thought it was a joke at first... Mainly because he (the boyfriend) does joke a lot.

In other news, I'm both excited and nervous for the game tomorrow because on one hand, regular season football is back! But on the other, I can't stand the Patriots and I don't remember us ever beating them in Foxboro. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Now Brown is on the PATRIOTS. He can't play tomorrow vs the Steelers, but still, the stupidity train continues.

Pats have a lot of talent now, but can Belichick tame AB and keep him in line? Everyone's hyping the Pats up, but I think it's not that simple as it looks...

As a Patriot’s fan I honestly have doubts of my own. Josh Gordon is probably a wonderful example of a failed experiment (even though he got reinstated it’s hard to believe he’ll still make it through a season given his track record). Granted, Gordon and Brown are somewhat different cases as the latter is more of a character issue than a legal one.

If AB can consistently restrain his ego then maybe all will go well, as one of the issues was the Raiders themselves didn’t really have any stars to speak of, so he acted like an entitled king for his duration. The Pats is a different culture entirely as there’s multiple players who are just as talented, especially in the area he is. 

Heard some people say that there might have been a conspiracy to get AB on the Pats since the Steelers were unwilling to trade him to NE, and that people are calling for an investigation on the Pats for possibly tampering with the Raiders.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Heard some people say that there might have been a conspiracy to get AB on the Pats since the Steelers were unwilling to trade him to NE, and that people are calling for an investigation on the Pats for possibly tampering with the Raiders.

Yet another controversy involving the Patriots... Of course this would happen. They just can't stop being controversial, can they?

Here we go, boys! Number #1 defense in the league incoming this season. A Top 15 offense would also be great, mind you.

And now I'm screaming at the TV. WE WERE IN FIELD GOAL RANGE! YOU DON'T TAKE A TAUNTING PENALTY.

4 turnovers in the first half. This is starting to become a tradition in Buffalo and I don't like it. At least we're only down 0-6 at half.

1-0! A win is a win!

Edited by Life

...Wow. I did not expect this Steelers team to just go in and basically destroy themselves. Because that's how it's looking right now. They're supposed to be a good playoff contender. But it's not looking like that at all now. There's little defense going on and not much more offense either. Doesn't make any sense to me. You'd think they'd, you know, come actually prepared for a game like this.

I knew people overhyped the Browns. Way overhyped.

EDIT: I'm no longer a Steelers fan. I don't root for shit teams. I guess I'm just sticking to the Panthers or something.

Edited by Anacybele

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: I'm no longer a Steelers fan. I don't root for shit teams. I guess I'm just sticking to the Panthers or something.

One terrible half against the often-dominant SB champs and you dump the team? That's a pretty prideless and bandwagony mindset. Sure, losing sucks, but if you renounce your fandom not because of reputation but because of performance, were you really a fan of that team the second before they started looking like "a shit team"? Or did you just want to root for a winner you didn't hate beforehand to make you feel good like other bandwagon fans?

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

One terrible half against the often-dominant SB champs and you dump the team? That's a pretty prideless and bandwagony mindset. Sure, losing sucks, but if you renounce your fandom not because of reputation but because of performance, were you really a fan of that team the second before they started looking like "a shit team"? Or did you just want to root for a winner you didn't hate beforehand to make you feel good like other bandwagon fans?

And the second half is terrible now too. It's well into the third and it's 20-3. 😕

Also, the Steelers beat them just fine last time. They looked WAY better last time. No excuse not to play similarly today.

I'm not a bandwagon fan, actually. I don't just jump around fanbases. I've only ever rooted for the Steelers and Panthers. I never cared about other teams. I either rooted for one or both or didn't root for anyone at all. I don't root for bad teams. Obviously, a team doesn't have to win every time, because that's impossible. But why should I make myself root for a team that plays badly? It's not worth my time, the stress, or disappointment. Others might act differently, but this is just how I feel.

Also, isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins...?

Edited by Anacybele

my favorite opening weekend ever

36 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

bruh who cares she's just gonna post next time they have a lead

EDIT: lets talk about lamar jackson bruddas

Edited by Lord Raven

I like Lamar and that offense, but also interested to see how it looks against a real squad.

Titans defense is going to be very nice this year. If Mariota gets it together they’ll win the AFC South.

Patriots going undefeated heard it here first 

edit: actually jk the offensive line is already super banged up. Maybe 13-3 tho

Edited by chococoke

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And the second half is terrible now too. It's well into the third and it's 20-3. 😕

Also, the Steelers beat them just fine last time. They looked WAY better last time. No excuse not to play similarly today.

I'm not a bandwagon fan, actually. I don't just jump around fanbases. I've only ever rooted for the Steelers and Panthers. I never cared about other teams. I either rooted for one or both or didn't root for anyone at all. I don't root for bad teams. Obviously, a team doesn't have to win every time, because that's impossible. But why should I make myself root for a team that plays badly? It's not worth my time, the stress, or disappointment. Others might act differently, but this is just how I feel.

So things can't change in a year that could cause the score to be different? "No excuse" is a stretch outside of just a regular need to keep winning.

Listen, it's okay to call yourself a fan and not bother watching a team should things go downhill (even if you're doing it way prematurely). It hurts to see your team lose. But if your mentality is "ah well, I guess I'll have to wait and see if they're better next year, guess I'll do something else", that's alright. The Pirates aren't exactly doing dandy in the MLB right now, but like always, I'm gonna look forward to next season and so on because they're my home team. I've given up on the season, but as long as I still have hope for the future where anything can happen in a year and like the well-meaning players on the team, I still consider myself a Pirates fan. Same applies to the Steelers if they wind up doing bad this year, and will also apply to the Pens if needed.

You can still be a Steelers fan, at least in regards to the history. But ditching them and saying you're no longer a fan shows a lack of faith and love for the team and that you only love them because they win and that's it.

13 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

So things can't change in a year that could cause the score to be different? "No excuse" is a stretch outside of just a regular need to keep winning.

Listen, it's okay to call yourself a fan and not bother watching a team should things go downhill (even if you're doing it way prematurely). It hurts to see your team lose. But if your mentality is "ah well, I guess I'll have to wait and see if they're better next year, guess I'll do something else", that's alright. The Pirates aren't exactly doing dandy in the MLB right now, but like always, I'm gonna look forward to next season and so on because they're my home team. I've given up on the season, but as long as I still have hope for the future where anything can happen in a year and like the well-meaning players on the team, I still consider myself a Pirates fan. Same applies to the Steelers if they wind up doing bad this year, and will also apply to the Pens if needed.

You can still be a Steelers fan, at least in regards to the history. But ditching them and saying you're no longer a fan shows a lack of faith and love for the team and that you only love them because they win and that's it.

Things can change. But I don't know when that will be. Also, it isn't just this game today. Last season wasn't good. This team was going downhill then too. And Tomlin had "promised changes" but it doesn't look like any changes happened, and if they did, they were bad ones. So there's more to my dislike for this team now than just getting blown out in the opener.

I'm not even into watching baseball, so I wouldn't care much about the Pirates whether they're good or not. Just saying.

The past is the past though, it's over and done with... None of it is relevant to what's happening now. Look, you can have your mindset. It's all fine and dandy. But it's just not my own. We're simply different here.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Man, the Bills were down 16-0 during the 3rd to the Jets. Then they started the comeback. And do you want to know what I was thinking right up until Allen hit John Brown with one of the best throws of his life?

"Allen will throw an INT because I've seen this script before many times and it doesn't involve happiness for Buffalo."

And I still watched it. Outside while waiting for pizza, in fact.

My point is this. You only get to question your faith in your team when they are BAD for a long time. I sat through 17 straight years of no postseason. You don't get to complain until it's 5 years straight. Otherwise, it comes off as insulting to fans of franchises that have actually suffered heartbreak.

For the record, you can complain about what the Steelers are doing wrong. What you can't do is start asking "why do I support a team that doesn't play well" when that franchise has had decades of organizational stability. It means that you are spoiled by the success of DECADES and I wouldn't want you to be a bandwagon Bills fan if we became good and the Steelers went to the trash heap.

Edited by Life

Man why do you guys keep doing this, she's just gonna watch next week anyway and ask us to pity her for not being the only 6-time super bowl champ anymore 

EDIT: can we just talk about football and not ana's fandom thanks

Edited by Lord Raven

16 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Man why do you guys keep doing this, she's just gonna watch next week anyway and ask us to pity her for not being the only 6-time super bowl champ anymore 

EDIT: can we just talk about football and not ana's fandom thanks

It's a bait and we always fall for it.

I'm liking the hot takes where everyone suddenly has to scale back their position on the Browns. 18 penalties is inexcusable.

Yeah, the Browns are looking to be overhyped. Maybe people should wait until... I dunno, you have a winning season and then gush about them being potential SB favorites.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853267-patriots-antonio-brown-accused-of-sexual-assault-rape-in-ex-trainers-lawsuit

AB accused of sexual assault.

Haven't checked out any specifics, so the best take I got is that this is looking real awkward for the Pats if this winds up true.

6 hours ago, NoirCore said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853267-patriots-antonio-brown-accused-of-sexual-assault-rape-in-ex-trainers-lawsuit

AB accused of sexual assault.

Haven't checked out any specifics, so the best take I got is that this is looking real awkward for the Pats if this winds up true.

Why would it look awkward for the Pats? Brown was a Steeler at the time. Pittsburgh would have more questions to answer.