NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why even bother talking much about AB now? lol We've got nothing to do with him anymore, whatever happens with him doesn't affect the Steelers.

...because this is the NFL thread. To talk about anything NFL. This is like questioning "why are you talking about food in a restaurant?". I can talk about non-Steelers stuff if I want, especially if it's news about very notable NFL players.

Dunno why you find this something to "lol" at or even question me about.

Edited by NoirCore

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AB in New England is relevant as shit.

Also, I agree with Rich Eisen. Demariyus Thomas needs to be checked for mono. If he has it, congrats Belicheck, you are a glorious asshole.

59 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...because this is the NFL thread. To talk about anything NFL. This is like questioning "why are you talking about food in a restaurant?". I can talk about non-Steelers stuff if I want, especially if it's news about very notable NFL players.

Dunno why you find this something to "lol" at or even question me about.

True enough, I suppose. But you're being kind of harsh here... Sorry.

On 9/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, Life said:

Second time in two seasons that the refs have screwed the Saints out of a TD against the Rams.

This is totally karma for Bountygate at this point.

oh please. saints fans have easily become my least favorite fanbase for the constant fucking whining. the only real bad thing for the saints that happened that night was brees getting injured. and of course, the handful of other injuries on both sides of the ball.

saints got outplayed on all 3 phases. refs be damned.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

20 minutes ago, Phoenix Wright said:

oh please. saints fans have easily become my least favorite fanbase for the constant fucking whining. the only real bad thing for the saints that happened that night was brees getting injured. and of course, the handful of other injuries on both sides of the ball.

I'm just here here for the memes. I have absolutely no personal attachment to any NFC team even though I really like watching the NFC East get embarrassed like we did to the Giants on Sunday. Revenge for the Superbowls.

2 hours ago, Life said:

I'm just here here for the memes. I have absolutely no personal attachment to any NFC team even though I really like watching the NFC East get embarrassed like we did to the Giants on Sunday. Revenge for the Superbowls.

Yeah, don't expect to wipe away the Music City Miracle this year, though.

15 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Yeah, don't expect to wipe away the Music City Miracle this year, though.

Fuck the Titans and fuck the Tragedy in Tennessee.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

True enough, I suppose. But you're being kind of harsh here... Sorry.

Just don't go "lol" any time someone does something you don't understand or deem incorrect. I've noticed that bad habit of yours, and whether you mean it or not, it always comes off patronizing, like you're laughing at someone else's actions. That was probably a subconscious contributor (that and it being late at the time) to my more blunt reply.

8 hours ago, Life said:

AB in New England is relevant as shit.

Hey, his allegations and antics are interesting drama. So I'm gonna bring it up because I find it interesting. 😛

Speaking of interesting, Giants are starting Daniel Jones over Eli Manning after a 0-2 start.

47 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Steelers apparently traded for a safety from Miami. Huh. Hope this Minkah Fitzpatrick guy proves worth it in the end.

11th round pick in the 2018 Draft. He apparently did good on the team last year as a cornerback, but struggled this year presumably due to having to play multiple positions (adding linebacker and safety) which did not make him happy, so the Dolphins let him seek a trade.

Just now, NoirCore said:

11th round pick in the 2018 Draft. He apparently did good on the team last year as a cornerback, but struggled this year presumably due to having to play multiple positions (adding linebacker and safety) which did not make him happy, so the Dolphins let him seek a trade.

Yeah, that seems to be the case alright. Our secondary does need help anyway, what with them having struggled recently and Sean Davis ending up on IR.

8 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

Bruh that penalty was egregious but there was a lot wrong with what was happening in that game... The fact that the fans blame it on the penalty instead of the following

- McVay uncharacteristically kicked a 4th and 1 field goal near the goal line

- BREES THREW AN AWFUL INT IN OT

- Brees' pass to Ginn to get them there was a heave and pray, and they shouldn't have gotten there that fast without luck

- passing on second down

- Saints D couldn't stop the game tying drive from the Rams

- GIVING UP A 14-0 LEAD

I am fond of the Saints by quite a lot but to reduce that NFCCG to one play is ridiculous! I agree.

I also doubt the Saints come anywhere close to beating the Rams with a Brees injury. I think their window slammed shut unless Bridgewater shows something good, which I was hoping he would but he doesnt look good.

The Fitzpatrick trade basically shows that the Steelers have faith in Rudolph. If Rudolph underperforms that team is delaying its rebuild; either way I'm not a fan of it from Miami's standpoint, and if the Steelers weren't all-in on Rudolph then it's a bad trade for them because their defense seems spotty and a slot CB/Safety (he's a hybrid slot CB/Safety, think Tyrann Mathieu type of player) won't propel them too much in theory. I do hope they keep Keith Butler at least, but that's because he sucks.

But if Rudolph ends up being good, then I'm pissed

Edited by Lord Raven

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

😛Speaking of interesting, Giants are starting Daniel Jones over Eli Manning after a 0-2 start.

This is the second NY QB that my Bills have retired early for the season after a brutal loss at home.

I love it.

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

Darnold got mono though 

I know, just grant me the narrative for once to feel good about my Bills. I haven't felt good about this team (aside from 2017) for a very long time.

3 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

The Fitzpatrick trade basically shows that the Steelers have faith in Rudolph. If Rudolph underperforms that team is delaying its rebuild; either way I'm not a fan of it from Miami's standpoint, and if the Steelers weren't all-in on Rudolph then it's a bad trade for them because their defense seems spotty and a slot CB/Safety (he's a hybrid slot CB/Safety, think Tyrann Mathieu type of player) won't propel them too much in theory. I do hope they keep Keith Butler at least, but that's because he sucks.

But if Rudolph ends up being good, then I'm pissed

Yeah, and I think they're right to have faith in Rudolph at the moment, he's already done some sweet stuff, in preseason and in week 2.

Our secondary and tackling is the main problem right now. The defensive line pressured Russell Wilson well and sacked him like five times. The secondary just couldn't stop giving up big plays and there were some bad missed tackles in both of the first two games. Fitzpatrick should upgrade the secondary at least a little, probably similar to when we brought in Joe Haden. He's done some nice stuff for us (he picked off Brady! Never gonna forget! :D) Though Haden may be getting past his prime now. 😕

Keith Butler is just okay imo. He did nicely with the defense last year, just don't know why the hell anything changed this season.

You're probably gonna be pissed. XD But I can understand that, it annoys me that Lamar Jackson is doing as good as he is. Hopefully Rudolph can compete!

Tom, I hate to break this to you, buddy. But YOU are the reason why the league has changed the rules multiple times and increased the penalties.

1. The tuck rule.

2. Late hits on QBs.

3. Offensive PI on rub routes (OK, that's more on Belichick but it is your offense).

It would be nice if he actually realized this.

Edited by Life

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Man, I can't wait for the Battle of Eagle and Lion on Sunday.

You should be shot for that one.

Let's see, interesting lines for the weekend...

Eagles are -6 (-105) at home vs. the Lions. I'm thinking that the Eagles cover that one but injuries are starting to pile up for Philly. That's a 2nd half bet IMO.

Bills are -6 (-102) vs. the Bengals and it's our home opener. Lion's share of the money is actually on Buffalo, interestingly. Is this confidence in Buffalo or are the Bengals just toast?

Dallas are -22.5 (-102) at home vs. Miami. Can Miami even cover that?

And... Oooh. Rams are -3.5 (+102) in Cleveland. That feels like a sucker bet.

7 hours ago, Life said:

Tom, I hate to break this to you, buddy. But YOU are the reason why the league has changed the rules multiple times and increased the penalties.

1. The tuck rule.

2. Late hits on QBs.

3. Offensive PI on rub routes (OK, that's more on Belichick but it is your offense).

lol yes, and his team was involved in the play that caused the change for the catch rule too! (that infamous Jesse James "no catch" was against the Pats) lmao He has no right to complain.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1175142462853177345

Antonio Brown has been released after one game.

Figures that even the Patriots don't want to deal with him.

Also, way to go Jags this week!

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

lol yes, and his team was involved in the play that caused the change for the catch rule too! (that infamous Jesse James "no catch" was against the Pats) lmao He has no right to complain.

That wasn't an "infamous no catch". That was Dez Bryant.

Not EVERYTHING has to include the Steelers. I dare you to go three posts without mentioning them or the Panthers.

10 hours ago, Life said:

That wasn't an "infamous no catch". That was Dez Bryant.

Not EVERYTHING has to include the Steelers. I dare you to go three posts without mentioning them or the Panthers.

Dude, the catch rule changed literally the offseason right after that Jesse James scenario happened. Brought it up because it was relevant to your post, not because it was about a Steeler.

Also, he's not even a Steeler anymore.

Edited by Anacybele

On 9/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, Life said:

1. The tuck rule.

2. Late hits on QBs.

He's not the reason, the competition committee is.

Tom Brady has taken a ton of hard, legal hits and came back up swinging. Can we stop diminishing this man's accomplishments because it makes us all look like morons for this because he's the most accomplished QB in NFL history.

Seriously, watch the 2015 AFCCG against and tell me Brady gets prissy about hard hits. Watch the 2014 AFC divisional round. Fuck me, watch super bowl 36 and 38 and the tuck rule game.

Now, 

1. Tuck rule was in existence before 2001 bro. The Patriots actually lost a game because of the tuck rule in 2001, then they won in the divisional round because of it. Tuck rule was abolished after the 2012 season by Harbaughs recommendation. The letter of the rule was followed in the divisional round.

2. Late hits on QBs started with Carson Palmer against the Steelers in 2005. They added more after Brady and Rodgers, but Palmer is the primary reason and patient zero.

3. OPI was never called on rub routes until the late 2010s, but they've always been OPI before Brady did it, it was just never called.

Now if Brady were on the competition committee that would be different, but your three points make zero sense in relation to Tom Brady. I get you're a Bills fan and you hate him, but just cuz the Patriots routinely fuck the Bills doesn't mean any of that is true. Why are you so abrasive towards Ana about the *one thing* she's right about when you're so wrong yourself lol. Being abrasive and hard headed and condescending really doesn't work...

Tfw u accuse ppl of lacking self-awareness as you lack self-awareness. After the Jesse James catch the competition committee rewrote the catch rule around borderline catches that they want to call a catch. There's a whole string of shit that happened up until that point (Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant were the major people who had catches taken from them) but the 2017 game on primetime was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Edited by Lord Raven