NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

2 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

He's not the reason, the competition committee is.

Tom Brady has taken a ton of hard, legal hits and came back up swinging. Can we stop diminishing this man's accomplishments because it makes us all look like morons for this because he's the most accomplished QB in NFL history.

Seriously, watch the 2015 AFCCG against and tell me Brady gets prissy about hard hits. Watch the 2014 AFC divisional round. Fuck me, watch super bowl 36 and 38 and the tuck rule game.

Now, 

1. Tuck rule was in existence before 2001 bro. The Patriots actually lost a game because of the tuck rule in 2001, then they won in the divisional round because of it. Tuck rule was abolished after the 2012 season by Harbaughs recommendation. The letter of the rule was followed in the divisional round.

2. Late hits on QBs started with Carson Palmer against the Steelers in 2005. They added more after Brady and Rodgers, but Palmer is the primary reason and patient zero.

3. OPI was never called on rub routes until the late 2010s, but they've always been OPI before Brady did it, it was just never called.

Now if Brady were on the competition committee that would be different, but your three points make zero sense in relation to Tom Brady. I get you're a Bills fan and you hate him, but just cuz the Patriots routinely fuck the Bills doesn't mean any of that is true. Why are you so abrasive towards Ana about the *one thing* she's right about when you're so wrong yourself lol. Being abrasive and hard headed and condescending really doesn't work...

Tfw u accuse ppl of lacking self-awareness as you lack self-awareness. After the Jesse James catch the competition committee rewrote the catch rule around borderline catches that they want to call a catch. There's a whole string of shit that happened up until that point (Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant were the major people who had catches taken from them) but the 2017 game on primetime was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was having a bad day, but yeah, you're right.

I'm sorry, Ana. You were right and I was wrong, both in material and for just jumping down your throat.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

why?

Because I can't make a rational argument for why Cleveland loses by less than a TD based on what I've seen in two weeks. Baker looked mediocre against the Jets. You expect me to think that against LA, he'll keep it tight? Get out of here.

If it's +3.5, there's something that we don't know about LA that's not getting mentioned.

Edited by Life

14 hours ago, Life said:

I was having a bad day, but yeah, you're right.

I'm sorry, Ana. You were right and I was wrong, both in material and for just jumping down your throat.

No worries, I'm kinda used to it by now.

Plus, I do talk about my favorite things a bit too much sometimes. I won't argue with that.

I set my cable to record the Steeler game today because I'm working, but really interested in seeing how Mason Rudolph does for us!

Edited by Anacybele

Only 6-3 Steelers at the half? Ugh, not a good sign for Rudolph. But if we win, can't complain much.

But on the other hand, it means our defense stepped up. Jimmy G and his squad aren't super good, but not bad either, I think.

...How the fuck do you force FIVE turnovers and still lose?

Mason Rudolph apparently had squat time to do much of anything because his offensive line was ass.

And this is all I really know about this game. I didn't bother watching it after all.

Whether Rudolph had any fault in the loss though, I still mostly question HOW YOU CAN FORCE FIVE TURNOVERS AND STILL LOSE.

The Rooneys seriously need to start seeing that this team needs better coaching and apparently new offensive line players too. Though our O-line not so long ago at all was really good and a lot of times gave Ben all day to throw. I can't imagine wtf's happened to them now.

One highlight that did come out of this though, was a 76 yarder by Juju. He's got like four or five TDs that were 70+ yards now, including two that were freaking 97 yards and he's the only player in NFL history with that achievement. Is this kid the king of deep TDs or what? lol

EDIT: Oh, Minkah Fitzpatrick was responsible for two of those five turnovers, so I guess at least he was a good pickup.

Edited by Anacybele

And now BOTH my teams are without their starting QBs. Cam Newton's out for a long time with a lisfranc injury. I actually had to look this one up, as I'd never heard of it. Found it's a type of foot fracture.

I can't believe how shitty this season is...

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And now BOTH my teams are without their starting QBs. Cam Newton's out for a long time with a lisfranc injury. I actually had to look this one up, as I'd never heard of it. Found it's a type of foot fracture.

I can't believe how shitty this season is...

Oh no, now the Panthers are starting with Kyle Allen, a QB that...

*checks notes*

...scored 4 TDs and 0 INTs in 1 game compared to Newton's 0 TDs and 1 INT in 2 games and led the Panthers to their first win with a final score of 38-20.

Huh.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Oh no, now the Panthers are starting with Kyle Allen, a QB that...

*checks notes*

...scored 4 TDs and 0 INTs in 1 game compared to Newton's 0 TDs and 1 INT in 2 games and led the Panthers to their first win with a final score of 38-20.

Huh.

The Panthers have no wins right now, what are you talking about?

EDIT: Oh, you're right. Nvm. For some reason I kept thinking they'd lost again.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The Panthers have no wins right now, what are you talking about?

...are you serious right now?

The Panthers beat the Cardinals 38-20, are 1-2, and their backup quarterback just outplayed the god damn starter 4x over in terms of TDs with 1 game.

How have you gone two days without realizing this AND researched Cam Newton's injury? Seriously, search up the Panthers' current record.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

...are you serious right now?

The Panthers beat the Cardinals 38-20, are 1-2, and their backup quarterback just outplayed the god damn starter 4x over in terms of TDs with 1 game.

How have you gone two days without realizing this AND researched Cam Newton's injury? Seriously, search up the Panthers' current record.

Dude, I edited my post to say you were right. You don't have to snap at me.

Also, I've been WORKING much of the last two days.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, I edited my post to say you were right. You don't have to snap at me.

Also, I've been WORKING much of the last two days.

I saw your post before you edited it and never got to see your update as I composed my post, and edited posts don't automatically update unless you refresh.

And working or not, that's still pretty weird that you had the time to research Newton's foot injury but somehow remain oblivious to the team's record, including today. All it takes is a simple Google search to double check your facts before you wind up making a confident statement that easily can get disproven and make you look silly.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I saw your post before you edited it and never got to see your update as I composed my post, and edited posts don't automatically update unless you refresh.

And working or not, that's still pretty weird that you had the time to research Newton's foot injury but somehow remain oblivious to the team's record, including today. All it takes is a simple Google search to double check your facts before you wind up making a confident statement that easily can get disproven and make you look silly.

Because I only did that research today when I finally had some time off. And I didn't think to also check the team's record at that point when I'd gone to the NFL site for a moment. That is a dumb mistake.

Yes, I'm aware.

fwiw ana people will harp on your mistakes because you make a ton of them

either way shitty seasons happen, steelers always look like shit at the start anyway. it's pretty unbelievable that mason rudolph attempted literally two passes >1 yard on Sunday though

3 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

fwiw ana people will harp on your mistakes because you make a ton of them

Doesn't give anyone the right to be rude about it. Also, this doesn't help me to mess up any less.

And yeah, but when was the last time we went 0-3? Not very recently.

Edited by Anacybele

6 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

2013 if you're curious, you started 0-4

And funny enough, we almost made the playoffs despite going 8-8. The Ravens and Dolphins both lost and got eliminated, but the Chargers grabbed the spot by beating the Chiefs in overtime.

...of course, there was no non-playoff team with a winning record in the AFC that season, so we had a lot of help in the first place to keep us alive at the last week.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and that's not all that recent.

Same decade is very recent.

Not that recent would be 20+ seasons.