NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I would. For example, when Joe Flacco got his helmet knocked off from a similar kind of hit as he was sliding last year. Kiko Alonso got fined and suspended for it, I believe. And Flacco remained conscious! Mason Rudolph did not here. But Alonso deserved the punishment he got, that hit was just as reckless and potentially serious.

Mason Rudolph was hit jumping into the air while throwing a football. If that's a fine, then we need to eliminate all tacking entirely and turn the NFL into flag football.

Proof:

Rudolph is an unfortunate injury that happens in football. This is not Vontaze Burfict headhunting defenseless recievers.

Edited by Life

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Life said:

Mason Rudolph was hit jumping into the air while throwing a football. If that's a fine, then we need to eliminate all tacking entirely and turn the NFL into flag football.

Proof:

Rudolph is an unfortunate injury that happens in football. This is not Vontaze Burfict headhunting defenseless recievers.

He jumped a little, but he was hit AFTER he threw the ball and it was a hard helmet-to-helmet blow. Helmet-to-helmet is illegal period.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He jumped a little, but he was hit AFTER he threw the ball and it was a hard helmet-to-helmet blow. Helmet-to-helmet is illegal period.

Roughing the passer penalties after the pass don't apply if the defender was being carried by momentum too much to stop in time, and watching it in real time, Thomas did not look like he had time to react and stop as the momentum was carrying him. I'd say it took 0.2 seconds after Rudolph threw the ball that Thomas tackled him. The helmet-to-helmet contact looked fairly accidental as it bumped the edge of the facemask. This wasn't someone rushing to hurt as hard as they can like Burfict. Helmet-to-helmet or not, it looked like an unfortunate accident Thomas couldn't help much.

30 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Roughing the passer penalties after the pass don't apply if the defender was being carried by momentum too much to stop in time, and watching it in real time, Thomas did not look like he had time to react and stop as the momentum was carrying him. I'd say it took 0.2 seconds after Rudolph threw the ball that Thomas tackled him. The helmet-to-helmet contact looked fairly accidental as it bumped the edge of the facemask. This wasn't someone rushing to hurt as hard as they can like Burfict. Helmet-to-helmet or not, it looked like an unfortunate accident Thomas couldn't help much.

No, I don't mean Thomas was being like Burfict. But I still think he was reckless. Like I said when I compared it to the hit Flacco took from Kiko Alonso last year.

Maybe Thomas couldn't stop his momentum by the time Rudolph had gotten the ball away, but he still chose to come in crazy hard and fast and you don't have to do that to a QB. I've seen them get tackled without being smashed like that.

Edited by Anacybele

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, I don't mean Thomas was being like Burfict. But I still think he was reckless. Like I said when I compared it to the hit Flacco took from Kiko Alonso last year.

Maybe Thomas couldn't stop his momentum by the time Rudolph had gotten the ball away, but he still chose to come in crazy hard and fast and you don't have to do that to a QB. I've seen them get tackled without being smashed like that.

Serious question.

If (example) James Harrison had ever hit Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco in this manner, would you call for Harrison's ejection even though you knew that it would probably cost you the win? Is it the hit that bothers you or is it the fact that the guy hit is a Steeler? My guess is the second because of how you cannot let this go.

This was an accident. It's one of the dangers of football. Either you agree that we need to move to flag football entirely (non-contact) or you accept that this hit is sometimes going to happen without anyone being at fault.

Anyway, the football gods require sacrifices! First lamb on the block... JAY GRUDEN.

10 hours ago, Life said:

Serious question.

If (example) James Harrison had ever hit Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco in this manner, would you call for Harrison's ejection even though you knew that it would probably cost you the win? Is it the hit that bothers you or is it the fact that the guy hit is a Steeler? My guess is the second because of how you cannot let this go.

This was an accident. It's one of the dangers of football. Either you agree that we need to move to flag football entirely (non-contact) or you accept that this hit is sometimes going to happen without anyone being at fault.

I'd think that's a fair punishment, yeah. And no, of course not. Sure, this bothers me a bit more than usual because the guy who got knocked out is my team's QB. But I'm not going to say I wouldn't care about players from other teams taking hits like that. I brought up Flacco's concussion after all, didn't I?

10 hours ago, Life said:

Anyway, the football gods require sacrifices! First lamb on the block... JAY GRUDEN.

Redskins are looking at taking Tomlin from us too. I'd have no objections.

Edited by Anacybele

On 10/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, Anacybele said:

Redskins are looking at taking Tomlin from us too. I'd have no objections.

I doubt he would take it, working under Dan Snyder is probably the least desirable job in the league. The Rooneys are very forgiving and will probably keep Tomlin at least another 3 years.

18 minutes ago, -Cynthia- said:

I doubt he would take it, working under Dan Snyder is probably the least desirable job in the league. The Rooneys are very forgiving and will probably keep Tomlin at least another 3 years.

Depends on what the 'Skins offer, really. A lot of Steelers fans want Tomlin gone too.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in tonight's game since we're down to a third string QB, but Hodges looked fairly good, so there's a bit of hope.

Steelers win and hurt a bit of the value of that 1st round pick they gave the Dolphins. They seemed to lower their guard a bit at the end, but considering almost all their losses were close against good teams and the 2-3 Chargers had one of their wins vs the Dolphins, people probably lowered their expectations too much for Pittsburgh tonight.

Hodges still looked good despite the interception, so not too much concern there. Next week is a bye before the Steelers face the Dolphins.

Panthers' Kyle Allen is still doing good, too. Cam Newton might not have a future in Carolina at this rate.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Steelers win and hurt a bit of the value of that 1st round pick they gave the Dolphins. They seemed to lower their guard a bit at the end, but considering almost all their losses were close against good teams and the 2-3 Chargers had one of their wins vs the Dolphins, people probably lowered their expectations too much for Pittsburgh tonight.

Hodges still looked good despite the interception, so not too much concern there. Next week is a bye before the Steelers face the Dolphins.

I don't think Hodges got enough room to breathe, personally. They treated him much like Rudolph, hardly ever allowing him to throw. They have looked good when they do get some more room to do things other than hand the ball off to Conner/whatever RB is behind them, but I don't like how super conservative we're being. We might have gotten the win today, but it was mostly due to our defense looking sharp and the Chargers repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot.

Our offense isn't as good as it can be because the stupid coaching staff won't let Rudolph or Hodges do much even though they CAN produce when let loose. And with only the defense doing real well, we won't get real far. Just fucking let these guys throw more! This is really my only complaint, though. Since it's fun beating up someone with a third string QB regardless. lol

Also, the Chargers fans must not have traveled to LA with them. lol This game was like being in Heinz Field, the stands were so full of Terrible Towels waving! Though at the same time, LA was never a big football city. They prefer basketball from what I know.

Panthers' Kyle Allen is still doing good, too. Cam Newton might not have a future in Carolina at this rate. 

Yeah, and on one hand, I'm glad for them because they're doing so good now. But on the other, it sucks that Cam might lose his job because I always enjoyed watching him play and stuff, he's one of the most fun QBs and his sense of fashion is hilariously awesome. XD

Edited by Anacybele

43 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

The Titans are going 5-11 because our receivers are fucking clueless.

I don’t think it’s fair to put the blame on the receivers. Marcus Mariota isn’t exactly hot right now.

It amazes me how deftly Cincinnati threw the game away yesterday.

"We have less than 30 rushing yards this half. It's first and goal and we're performing quite well in the air. Let's run up the middle and waste two downs, what could go wrong?" Truly phenomenal play calling. I'd love to hear their rationale for that one.

Not the first game they've done this so far this year, either.

Looks like Miami has won the Tank Bowl!

10-6 is becoming more realistic as the weeks pass on. Dolphins twice, Redskins and Broncos at home, Browns and Steelers make it 9 and then we need to snag one more win from somewhere and Jets at home is probably the most likely.

Well, we got another controversial night game involving the Packers and refs in NFL history as the Lions lose by some bad penalty calls.

Not a good look for the league officials.

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Well, we got another controversial night game involving the Packers and refs in NFL history as the Lions lose by some bad penalty calls.

Not a good look for the league officials.

Jesus, that's annoying. 😕

On another topic, the staff at the Chargers stadium in LA tried to prank the Steelers fans by pretending to play "Renegade" but making it a Rick-roll instead and it backfired. LMAO Nice try, but us Yinzers aren't phased that easily! And y'all lost anyway! lol

Edited by Anacybele

Fuck the Dolphins. I hate this team more than I hate the Jets.

Finally put them away but but goddamn, that was terrifying. Josh Allen is a monster.

Edited by Life

And one of our LBs, Anthony Chickillo to be precise, just got arrested on several charges. Did we really need more crap after we JUST got through with AB and Bell? 😒

1 hour ago, Hylian Air Force said:

I'm hopeful against Tampa, but we almost lost that Chargers game.

Who do you prefer? Tannehill or Mariota?

On 10/22/2019 at 11:28 AM, Hylian Air Force said:

I prefer we have a QB that can win and doesn't get hurt all the time. But we can't all get what we want.

You have to admit Tanny Tuds has looked significantly better than Mariota has, even in limited action. He’s hovering near 10 yards per attempt in a game and a half of play, which was a figure Mariota rarely sniffed in his 4+ seasons. Is it sustainable? Who knows. But it doesn’t seem like a coincidence that certain members of the passing game have suddenly reappeared (Corey Davis?) 

I know Tannehill’s time spent in Miami was considered mostly a failure, but he endured a lot of coaching turnover and rarely had much talent around him. He always played the Patriots hard, too. I truly believe he will shred Tampa Bay’s miserable pass defense this week

Edited by chococoke

On 10/21/2019 at 11:47 PM, chococoke said:

Lamar Jackson and friends vs. the Patriots defense is going to be such a fun matchup 

I hate when I have to root for your team. But the Ravens losing right now would be oh so nice for us.