NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news is, despite that clusterfuck of a first quarter, we DIDN'T blow it against the winless Phins! (And Juju possibly made the greatest TD catch I've seen in a long time from this squad.)

Bad news is, Pouncey and Foster are both hurt so now our o-line is hurting, our RBs are like basically depleted now since Conner, Samuels, and Snell are ALL hurt, and Conner is speculated to be out for the season and joining Ben and Tuitt in this sucky club! WTF IS THIS SEASON. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

The man can ball. Nobody denies this 

The offensive play calling was also terrific. It was all over once Edelman fumbled. I hope there’s a rematch 

I’m okay with getting buck’d because buck was also the truth back in his day 

Edited by chococoke

Of course the one game I need the stupid Patriots to win, they lose. But also, the Ravens can clock this team, but can't take care of the Brownies? lolwut

On another note, we got lucky against the Colts at the end. It didn't have to happen because fuck you refs on that bullshit PI call (I say again, wtf is PI anymore?!), and I repeatedly kept going wtf at the playcalling from Fichtner all day. He needs fired. Rudolph could've shined a lot more if not for the constant dink-dunking to Samuels. But at least the Steelers don't have a losing record for the time being.

Also, this play, man. THIS PLAY.

Sorry Ryan, but THIS guy is Fitzmagic, not you. FIRST ROUND PICK TRADE SO WORTH IT!

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, Juju's playing! He was listed as questionable before, glad to see him in when we're still down a bunch of RBs, including Conner.

EDIT: And maybe Juju should've sat out. He just dropped a perfectly thrown pass and this is like his umpteenth drop this season.

EDIT2: CAN WE STOP DROPPING PASSES?! Jesus Christ, I've counted like four or five now, and from multiple guys. Rudolph's pass completions would be much better if not for these drops, I swear. But the game is tied at 7-7. As long as the defense keeps stuffing Goff and his goons, we can figure something out. Loving this defense though!

EDIT3: WE HELD ON!! Thanks mainly to who else, but MINKAH FITZMAGIC AGAIN! ALL HAIL MINKAH!! BEST TRADE EVER!! And we actually have a winning record now! Holy crap. And we've used three different QBs and a bunch of RBs.

Edited by Anacybele

My dad and I were talking about the Myles Garrett helmet swing today. I think Garrett should be suspended until 2021 at least (season and a half). My dad thinks lifetime ban is a better punishment. And there are morons on cable television arguing that the rest of the season is too harsh of a punishment.

Myles Garrett did irreparable harm to the sport last night. Rich Eisen's take is spot on when he says that Garrett was lucky that he didn't hit Mason Rudolph with the crown of the helmet instead of the base because Garrett could have actually killed the Steelers QB on the field, no exaggeration.

Yeah, fuck him, fuck the Browns, fuck this season entirely at this point. My poor Steelers have suffered enough... This season is a bust, better luck next year, guys. Just too many injuries, our OC has no clue what the fuck he's doing more than half the time, and then this shit. We're now down two WRs, Conner is down AGAIN as well, and a couple guys on defense and special teams got knocked out too.

Fans are saying Rudolph sucks, and yes he had a bad game last night, but he had good games besides that. One bad game does not mean you suck, even Ben still has a bad game on occasion. I still think Rudolph is good and he also doesn't have a good supporting cast around him for that matter. Like I said, the OC is an idiot, and our WRs, including Juju, kept dropping perfectly good passes too. Even McDonald was dropping it. Sigh...

Rudolph deserves so much better than what he's been through. I love the guy and really want him as our official starter someday. But he needs some real help, god fucking damn it.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm honestly a bit shocked Rudolph got no punishment. Garrett was obviously the worst person in the bunch, of course, but Rudolph still was trying to get at him and grabbing Garrett's helmet, only without the pulling off.

That said, looks like Garrett's had some past issues with his hits, too. Definitely atrocious on his part, and comparable to assault like Damien Woody put it on ESPN.

Here's hoping Juju and the others recover soon and well, by the way. In Juju's case not only out of worry but also because he's the Steelers' best WR and losing him is a hell of a blow. Even if he might not be too good this year, not having another guy to help lure away coverage is a big factor in that. Also, I don't remember seeing him dropping passes much (seems he's only dropped 1 the whole year actually?), so yeah.

Garrett deserved it, but Mason getting off with just a fine is complete BS.  Mason instigated and started the fight, tried to pull off Garrett's helmet first and kicked him in the groin.  Garrett using the helmet as a weapon was over the line and deserves punishment.  However Mason deserved at least a 2 game suspension.  2 other guys besides Garrett got suspended as well.  Just really biased.  

Basically a guy picked a fight with another guy threw the first punch and more, other guy used a weapon in retaliation.  The guy who throws the first punch, who starts the fight would get charged with physical assault, the one using the weapon would be charged with self defense excessive force and use of a weapon.  

12 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I'm honestly a bit shocked Rudolph got no punishment. Garrett was obviously the worst person in the bunch, of course, but Rudolph still was trying to get at him and grabbing Garrett's helmet, only without the pulling off.

Because Garrett wouldn't get the fuck off him. If you watch the video, he just wrestled Rudolph to the ground and wouldn't let him up. Rudolph obviously took issue with that. Not saying he was squeaky clean in this incident, as Rudolph had no business trying to pull anyone's helmet off, but Garrett started the whole thing.

11 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Garrett deserved it, but Mason getting off with just a fine is complete BS.  Mason instigated and started the fight, tried to pull off Garrett's helmet first and kicked him in the groin.  Garrett using the helmet as a weapon was over the line and deserves punishment.  However Mason deserved at least a 2 game suspension.  2 other guys besides Garrett got suspended as well.  Just really biased.  

Basically a guy picked a fight with another guy threw the first punch and more, other guy used a weapon in retaliation.  The guy who throws the first punch, who starts the fight would get charged with physical assault, the one using the weapon would be charged with self defense excessive force and use of a weapon.  

...Did we watch the same video here? From where I stood, Garrett obviously started it by wrestling him to the ground and pinning him rather than just making a routine tackle.

Edited by Anacybele

I have to agree with Ana for the most part on this one. I wouldn't have an issue with Rudolph getting a 1 game suspension for his actions like Pouncey but that was well after Garrett hit him late after the play.

7 hours ago, Life said:

I have to agree with Ana for the most part on this one. I wouldn't have an issue with Rudolph getting a 1 game suspension for his actions like Pouncey but that was well after Garrett hit him late after the play.

I wouldn't have been too surprised if Rudolph got suspended, yeah. But I'm glad he didn't since...well, our QB situation is what it is. I want Rudolph to get out there as much as he can so he can get all the time he needs to grow into the starter I hope he'll be when Ben retires.

7 hours ago, Life said:

I'd say 2 with the next Browns game in mind. At the very least, I wouldn't mind Devlin Hodges getting a couple tries.

I did hear though that there might be more suspensions coming as the incident is evaluated?

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I wouldn't mind Devlin Hodges getting a couple tries.

I like him too, but his arm is just weak. Rudolph is the better passer (that Browns game not withstanding, of course). In the long run, I don't think duck boy can be as good as reindeer boy, unfortunately, unless he somehow works that arm more. He's a solid backup though. I do love how I can associate both these guys with cute animals too lol

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I did hear though that there might be more suspensions coming as the incident is evaluated?

I was just on the NFL website, I didn't see anything implying this... But I could be wrong.

Edited by Anacybele

Terrell Pryor wants to play for us. Huh. I say sign him. We are down some WRs now. >_< And the funny thing is, that'd be another former Brown we'd take. lol (Joe Haden was of course one as well.)

Also, I've watched that video on the Garrett/Rudolph fight again, and Rudolph might not have actually been trying to rip his helmet off. It kinda looks like he actually got his hand stuck in it somewhere when Garrett wrestled him down and was just trying to pull it out. If this is the case, Rudolph really did zero wrong here.