NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell, how could the Panthers fire Ron Rivera?! Did they forget that this guy got them to a Super Bowl not all that long ago and also won Coach of the Year that season? He was a good coach! He just didn't have the pieces to work with this time due to injuries and Kyle Allen being an apparent fluke. I can't imagine the Panthers being 5-7 right now is Rivera's fault. Or not much of his fault at least. He wasn't called Riverboat Ron for nothing.

Speaking of Coach of the Year, Tomlin appears to be at the top of that conversation right now! Due to what he's done so far with this injury-riddled Steelers team that started 0-3. I have to say I don't disagree with this, he's done a good job to bring us out of that hole and into a potential wild card spot! And if not for how stupid good the Ravens are right now, we might have been able to make a bid for the division. The Ravens' status right now really annoys me, but I'd rather see them win the Super Bowl than the stupid Patriots or 49ers.

Edited by Anacybele

Stupid Ravens got away with stupid BS in that game vs the Bills. I heard a lot of it on the radio since I was on a drive home. No flag on a blatant too many men on the field and no flag on a blatant PI. The latter of which cut short a Bills drive that should've continued. The refs probably should start getting fined for making big mistakes.

At least the Steelers are still rolling. It's Duck season, yo. DUCK DUCK GOOSE, ARIZONA. Though our defense was a huge help too, of course.

Diontae Johnson with a huge night though! That punt return TD was the first one the Steelers got since 2015! This guy also has a receiving TD and a couple other good plays.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I'm at the week 17 steelers@ravens games I'm gonna do some duck calls

Not sure what that's going to do for you, but okay. A lot of us Steelers fans think he's trash now anyway, including myself now after the way he's played the last couple games. Feel free to tease him all you like, means nothing to us.

I miss Rudolph. I really wish he hadn't gotten hurt. He was looking good when he came back after lolDuck got benched. Randy Fichtner should be fired though. He has no idea what to do with anybody not named Ben Roethlisberger. I'd also cut Conner and Juju because they can't fucking stay healthy anymore either. Conner especially. He's been injured several times this season alone and basically every time he came back, he went right back out with injury in the same game he returned in.

I have to hand it to Tomlin for being able to keep us relevant despite all the injuries, but it's not going to be enough anymore. Too many people on this team are hurt and we have a dumbass for an OC. I hope Fichtner is fired and we draft an RB and WR or two. I never thought I'd say anytime soon that we need WRs, but wow, we actually do now.

About the only thing I enjoyed a lot this season is TJ Watt. I'd love to see him fuck up Lamar Jackson next year!

Edited by Anacybele

Official AFC Playoff Picture:

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens (1st Round bye)

AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs (1st Round bye)

AFC East: New England Patriots

AFC South: Houston Texans

Wildcard 1: Buffalo Bills

Wildcard 2: Tennessee Titans

Edited by Hylian Air Force

@AnacybeleFirst off, this is the first time Juju's been injured, and he had a nasty hit in the first place. You want fragile, out-of-shape Ben back (and no I don't believe him when he says he'll be ready), but want to cut the Steelers' best WR (and a very solid RB to a lesser extent) on the basis of "cut em they're injured for too long" after their big hits and some small accident? Hot takes, but not good takes.

Second, the fact that you want T.J. to "fuck up" Lamar Jackson just goes to show either you don't know how to word things appropriately or you have some really violent ideas, and I hope it's the former.

And for everyone, can we please be more mindful and civil with our criticism of people, players, etc. in the future? I get "that incident" was a serious issue and I have my opinions on it, but acting obnoxious isn't gonna help more than it will scare people away. I'll leave it at that and say nothing more. If you don't agree, then whatever, I'll go too. 😕

44 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

First off, this is the first time Juju's been injured, and he had a nasty hit in the first place. You want fragile, out-of-shape Ben back (and no I don't believe him when he says he'll be ready), but want to cut the Steelers' best WR (and a very solid RB to a lesser extent) on the basis of "cut em they're injured for too long" after their big hits and some small accident? Hot takes, but not good takes.

Yeah, but Juju got a concussion and a messed up shoulder in one game. And who said anything about wanting a fragile out-of-shape Ben? Obviously I do want him to be good, in shape, and set to play great. Conner I won't say is bad, but he has to be on the field, which he hasn't done much of this season having been hurt THREE TIMES and keeps leaving with injury right when he comes back from one.

Second, the fact that you want T.J. to "fuck up" Lamar Jackson just goes to show either you don't know how to word things appropriately or you have some really violent ideas, and I hope it's the former.

Why the hell would I want Watt to be violent against anyone? Haven't you seen how much I hate players like Vontaze Burfict? And if you think my wording was offensive, don't read some of Lord Raven's posts. I honestly think he's rude sometimes. I don't know why you would think I mean anything with that statement other than wanting TJ Watt to rake up sacks, forced fumbles, and batted passes against Jackson.

And for everyone, can we please be more mindful and civil with our criticism of people, players, etc. in the future? I get "that incident" was a serious issue and I have my opinions on it, but acting obnoxious isn't gonna help more than it will scare people away. I'll leave it at that and say nothing more. If you don't agree, then whatever, I'll go too. 😕

You should see some of the stupid shit that gets posted on Twitter and stuff. I always stay away from those trolls and idiots. I agree, there's no need to be obnoxious and rude.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele"Two injuries sustained in one game?! Lost cause, cut him!" Give me a break. You saw how brutal that hit was on Juju. Cutting him is a bad idea now like it was any time during this season. He's a great WR who needs help.

And nice whataboutism trying to direct attention to Raven when it's not even relevant to the point I was making in that paragraph. We're not talking about that incident, like I said. Back to the matter of hand, "fuck up" usually means "To destroy or severely damage something", and your wording very blatantly sounds like a threat to Lamar. Don't tell me you've never heard that as a physical threat to someone else when used like that. Choose your words wisely; research their implications.

Edited by NoirCore

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Back to the matter of hand, "fuck up" usually means "To destroy or severely damage something", and your wording very blatantly sounds like a threat to Lamar. Don't tell me you've never heard that as a physical threat to someone else when used like that. Choose your words wisely; research their implications.

I say again, there is no reason for you to believe I'd mean it as a threat and I will never understand why you'd believe that.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

And nice whataboutism trying to direct attention to Raven when it's not even relevant to the point I was making in that paragraph. We're not talking about that incident, like I said.

I wasn't talking about that incident either. I meant in general, Raven's been known to be harsh and use swear words too. So if you're going to criticize me for it, criticize him too. So yes, my point about him is relevant. However, this doesn't mean I think he's been in the wrong much with his posts. Only on occasion did I find him to actually be rude. For the most part, he's fine.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:16 PM, Anacybele said:

I meant in general, Raven's been known to be harsh and use swear words too.

Yeah, but I've earned goodwill to to a decent degree, and you haven't. If someone criticizes me, instead of deflecting problems, I just take it in stride, listen, and move forward. That, and I know how harsh I can be and I do it deliberately and with a sense of self-awareness. You constantly have problems with self-awareness and listening. Don't bring up examples of you doing otherwise, when dozens of people have been harping on you for like 5+ years and you get banned from MULTIPLE sub-communities related to SF, there's a good chance you need to do some far more serious soul-searching than you've ever done.

Regardless, can't fuck up someone you can't catch. Jackson stiff armed TJ Watt right in the helmet. Definitely not too scared of him. That and our OL is so good that our starting center is on IR and our backup center...  still helped us get 200 yards per game on the ground.

On 12/29/2019 at 3:48 PM, Anacybele said:

Not sure what that's going to do for you, but okay.

Considering he fumbled and then had an intentional grounding in his own endzone, it worked out.

5 hours ago, chococoke said:

Patriots offense this season makes me physically ill. Not gonna lie I’m excited for Mahomes vs Jackson in the AFC championship

I was hoping the Raiders would take the 6 seed and we'd play them in the divisional but alas. Tennessee/KC are the scariest teams in the AFC to me, and the top 3 NFC seeds are the scariest teams in the NFC.

Pretty fucking awesome to watch us break the all-time single season rushing yardage record AND become the #11 scoring team of all time AND win a franchise-best 14 games in person though. Even if it was Bobby Triple Sticks playing. Made extra nice by the fact that I drove past FedEx field today, because fuck Washington.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh yeah, Mike Tomlin has said he wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers make some coaching staff changes and also that he's open to the idea. This is a good sign. Though as of now, I'd only get rid of Randy Fichtner because as I've stated before, he doesn't know how to work with anyone not named Ben Roethlisberger. With Ben, he's fine, but the offensive playcalling changed drastically once he got hurt and it sucked a lot.

Also glad to see Tomlin still has faith in Rudolph as the backup. I do too! I still have faith that he can be the next franchise QB for the 'Burgh! He just needs the right help to develop, and I don't think Fichtner is the guy. As for Hodges...well, Duck can go or stay, I don't actually care. But if he stays, he's got some work to do.

Edited by Anacybele