NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ravens lost? Holy crap. I was like 100% sure they were going to take the Super Bowl.

Well, not complaining. lol Titans are nicer! I can hope they win the SB!

Although, Lamar Jackson having first-time jitters like Cam Newton did was certainly a possibility, and I guess this was exactly the case.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, chococoke said:

Lamar wasn’t perfect but he played a great game. His team let him down big time 

Ah, that's sucky. Always sucks for a player who tries his damndest but the rest of his team shits the bed.

EDIT: Actually, scratch what I said about hoping the Titans win the SB. Technically, I still hope they do, but only if the Packers aren't also in the SB. If the SB ends up being between these two, I'll be satisfied regardless of who wins. So I hope the SB is these guys!

Edited by Anacybele

How many seasons does this make it that the Vikings kept the Saints from progressing in the playoffs, only to immediately embarrass themselves in the following game?

Chiefs might not make it if the Madden Curse strikes again, whether in the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl (if they get there).

yes i am superstitious why do you ask

8 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Chiefs might not make it if the Madden Curse strikes again, whether in the AFC Championship or the Super Bowl (if they get there).

yes i am superstitious why do you ask

There's actually a surprising amount of bad luck facing the Chiefs Sunday. Andy Reid is 1-9 against us (0-3 with the Chiefs), and the Chiefs overall are 4-8 in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...

HE'S IN. 😄

I would have been pissed if Troy wasn't picked the moment he was eligible. This man was godly and fun to watch! On the field, and in Head & Shoulders commercials! XD

Yup! So glad the Niners lost even though I like Jimmy G and feel bad for him. I just wish he was on a different team. But on the other hand: HAHA YOU LOSE, RICHARD SHERMAN! I hate him.

And for once, the team I picked out of the two that were decided actually won. I always rooted for the loser before except when it was the Steelers winning...

Anyway, yeah, way to go Chiefs!

On another note, the Immaculate Reception is officially the greatest moment in NFL history! WOOHOO! Man, even though we missed the playoffs entirely, the Steelers still walked away with a few awesome things in the end. A few HoF inductees, including POLAMALU and the greatest moment. 😄

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yup! So glad the Niners lost even though I like Jimmy G and feel bad for him. I just wish he was on a different team. But on the other hand: HAHA YOU LOSE, RICHARD SHERMAN! I hate him.

Look, I have a Damn Good Reason to root against San Fran. . .but this is a wee bit overboard.  Cheer on the Chiefs without putting down the 49ers.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Look, I have a Damn Good Reason to root against San Fran. . .but this is a wee bit overboard.  Cheer on the Chiefs without putting down the 49ers.

Oh, well, sorry about that then. I just really don't like Richard Sherman because of some BS he committed against my Steelers once, so... yeah. Again, my bad, I didn't mean for it to be overboard.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, well, sorry about that then. I just really don't like Richard Sherman because of some BS he committed against my Steelers once, so... yeah. Again, my bad, I didn't mean for it to be overboard.

Yeah, it's fine.  Just keep it in mind the next time they lose!

I, for one, will root against them for personal reasons.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Yeah, it's fine.  Just keep it in mind the next time they lose!

I, for one, will root against them for personal reasons.

I'll do my best to, yeah!

And I see, that's fine too.

Oh yeah, on yet another note, I learned that my mom works for a guy whose nephew is Steelers cornerback Cameron Sutton! That is so cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck man I regret not posting here during the season. The last thread got locked and I never checked back to see if there was a new one. 

Well the Lions promising season went in the tank along with Stafford's broken back. It was brutal watching Jeff Driskel and the 3rd string Blough blowing our season away.

Silver lining is we landed the #3 pick in what's beginning to look like a competition between chargers, dolphins and panthers to trade up for Tua and/or Herbert. I've heard the argument for taking Tua as our future QB but the financials simply dont line up right now to take advantage of a rookie contract. Stafford's trade value is at rock bottom right now and if we were to cut him the team would carry like 25+ mil in dead cap. Also the FO is in win now mode after two disappointing seasons and arent going to invest in a future QB when their jobs are on the line now. Also stafford is only 31 and should remain productive for the next four seasons as long as he stays healthy.  I'm really hoping we can make off with a haul like the Colts did a couple years ago

Meanwhile, Myles Garrett decided to drag up his bullshit against Mason Rudolph again. Can he just shut the fuck up, please?! Or even better, admit that he's lying his ass off.

Rudolph tweeted "1000% false. Bold-faced lie" etc. etc. and is furious he's doing this. NFL found no evidence he said any racial slurs to anyone. Refs said they didn't hear him say that, and even Garrett's team mates said he never brought up such a thing to them. Tomlin's had to make a public statement voicing that he's offended that Garrett's trying to slander our QB like this. No reason to believe Rudolph is lying, plenty of reason to believe Garrett is.

Fuck this guy to hell. He needs to leave Rudolph and the Steelers alone.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly, I propose we make a general sports thread instead of an NFL thread. Any other attempts at making a thread for other sports have just resulted in an inactive topic, so may as well put 'em all together so there's more incentive to bring up other sports.

WTF is with players and insulting/slandering the Steelers now? First Garrett and his bullshit come back, now Thomas Davis is calling Ben a quitter over the latter's elbow injury. I respected that guy's skill when he played for the Panthers, but this is just stupid and uncalled for. Ben literally could not throw at all without risking re-injury.

These dumbasses both need to shut the fuck up, seriously.

Edited by Anacybele

• 1 year later...