NFL Season '19/20 (Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports: Change My Mind)

Life

6 hours ago, Life said:

Why would it look awkward for the Pats? Brown was a Steeler at the time. Pittsburgh would have more questions to answer.

Fair, but I meant awkward for the Pats in that they just got AB and now this news spills about him, so now they gotta figure out what to do with the off-the-field distraction in AB, especially after trading away one of their WRs hours before this news came to light. I understand this controversy is not on them.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Steelers are now a laughing stock for that play where BJ Finney forgot to snap the ball and caused the whole offensive line to be penalized. What a joke they are now. Glad I'm stepping away from them for the time being.

Oh, and one of the offensive lineman from the legendary 70s team was found dead. That sucks. This team can never catch a break from anything right now, it seems...

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Fair, but I meant awkward for the Pats in that they just got AB and now this news spills about him, so now they gotta figure out what to do with the off-the-field distraction in AB, especially after trading away one of their WRs hours before this news came to light. I understand this controversy is not on them.

What bothers me about this case (as opposed to Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt) is that Brown was oddly specific in his denial but the accusation is only backed up by two texts from Brown. The other two cases have video/audio evidence.

I'm worried that if Brown gets suspended and then turns out to be entirely innocent that people might use sexual assault as a method to sabotage another team before a big game.

Imagine if someone accused Brady of sexual assault right before the Superbowl? What do you do? Does he play? Does the league attempt to stay consistant in their approach to these claims? This could be terrifying for the future of the league.

Edited by Life

5 hours ago, Life said:

What bothers me about this case (as opposed to Ray Rice or Kareem Hunt) is that Brown was oddly specific in his denial but the accusation is only backed up by two texts from Brown. The other two cases have video/audio evidence.

I'm worried that if Brown gets suspended and then turns out to be entirely innocent that people might use sexual assault as a method to sabotage another team before a big game.

Imagine if someone accused Brady of sexual assault right before the Superbowl? What do you do? Does he play? Does the league attempt to stay consistant in their approach to these claims? This could be terrifying for the future of the league.

Wouldn't the loser of the case (which is civil, BTW, so no "guilty or not guilty") have to pay fees, though? There's also the question if the potential accuser has any evidence, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one person each month falsely accusing someone big in the NFL of sexual assault/harassment without really suing or having any evidence, even if I'm just guessing here.

26 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Wouldn't the loser of the case (which is civil, BTW, so no "guilty or not guilty") have to pay fees, though? There's also the question if the potential accuser has any evidence, and I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one person each month falsely accusing someone big in the NFL of sexual assault/harassment without really suing or having any evidence, even if I'm just guessing here.

It's more if Brown is barred from playing this week or not. If he is barred, then what is stopping me from organizing a campaign against a QB right before the Superbowl? #MeToo, remember? Or do we now suddenly say "hold up, let's wait for evidence"?

18 minutes ago, Life said:

It's more if Brown is barred from playing this week or not. If he is barred, then what is stopping me from organizing a campaign against a QB right before the Superbowl? #MeToo, remember? Or do we now suddenly say "hold up, let's wait for evidence"?

I doubt it's that easy to pull off, especially since you'd be putting yourself at risk for being harassed by the player's fans who believe him. Evidence of the truth or not, there will be people going after you just for speaking out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the sexual assault cases that become big news in the NFL been lawsuits, which means making a fake allegation that would get disproven could cost you a lot of money? If so, then it's not easy unless you're willing to cough up a lot of money to humiliate yourself to the world. Whatever the case, the theoretical practice you're talking about hasn't exactly been popular in spite of allegations like this being a thing since a decade ago (if not earlier, can't confirm) when Roethlisberger got in hot water. Where have the allegations before the SB for other teams been then? Why has there been no news of Tom Brady being an alleged rapist caused by one person in a very big part of the gigantic sea of die-hard, toxic sports fans in spite of the Patriots' heavily negative reputation?

I don't think there's anything to worry about for this possible practice being a thing. Let's talk about this when it starts actually happening for once; otherwise, it's just a slippery-slope fear (if that's even a term) .

Second time in two seasons that the refs have screwed the Saints out of a TD against the Rams.

This is totally karma for Bountygate at this point.

Steelers' season is over as it barely starts, it seems. Pile of injuries already on top of bad playing, including to Ben. I was right not to put much faith in them at the moment.

However, there actually is good news too. MASON RUDOLPH IS AWESOME. He actually outplayed Ben today imo, he was so good. He even pulled off a flea-flicker! I think we've found our next franchise QB!

(yes, he did throw two INTs as well as TDs, but one wasn't his fault. Stupid Donte Moncrief gave it up.)

I'm still not really a big fan of the team anymore, I just felt like putting something on TV today.

Edited by Anacybele

Bills played really well today. It feels good to finally have organizational stability for the first time in three decades.

Mahomes has 278 passing yards and 4 TDs on 13 receptions... in the 2nd quarter alone. This kid is insane.

Roethlisberger is out for the season as of today. LET'S GO, BOYS, TIME TO AIM FOR THAT WILD CARD.

Edited by Life

And Ben's out for the season. After only playing one full game and one half of a game. That incredibly sucks. And we have no idea what the hell he did to himself because he was never touched on the play where he started clutching his elbow.

But hold your horses, folks. If Mason Rudolph keeps playing like he did yesterday, this might not be as much of a blow as it once was. I swear this kid is special! His teammates even said "I'm really really really impressed with him."

I'm predicting that if Rudolph plays really well all season, Ben's going to officially retire and hand the torch to him. Which I wouldn't object to. Ben didn't even play well when he did play in the last couple games. He could be declining anyway. The offense looked way better once Rudolph stepped in.

But regardless of when it happens, Rudolph for future franchise QB!

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And Ben's out for the season. After only playing one full game and one half of a game. That incredibly sucks. And we have no idea what the hell he did to himself because he was never touched on the play where he started clutching his elbow.

Though if Mason Rudolph keeps playing like he did yesterday, this might not be as much of a blow as it once was. I swear this kid is special! His teammates even said "I'm really really really impressed with him."

I'm predicting that if Rudolph plays really well all season, Ben's going to officially retire and hand the torch to him. Which I wouldn't object to. Ben didn't even play well when he did play in the last couple games. He could be declining anyway. The offense looked way better once Rudolph stepped in.

But regardless of when it happens, Rudolph for future franchise QB!

That's even worse, for the record. Non-contact injuries are far more serious than contact injuries (concussions notwithstanding due to long-term issues).

Also, Rudolph's teammates have to say "we're very impressed with him". What are they gonna say to the media, "I think he's actually dogshit"?

2 minutes ago, Life said:

That's even worse, for the record. Non-contact injuries are far more serious than contact injuries (concussions notwithstanding due to long-term issues).

Also, Rudolph's teammates have to say "we're very impressed with him". What are they gonna say to the media, "I think he's actually dogshit"?

Wow, that's kind of ironic.

No, of course not. But that doesn't mean they're just lying when they say they're impressed with a player. Rudolph DID legit play well. And if he didn't, there would've been no harm in just saying that he has things to work on.

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that's kind of ironic.

No, of course not. But that doesn't mean they're just lying when they say they're impressed with a player. Rudolph DID legit play well. And if he didn't, there would've been no harm in just saying that he has things to work on.

It's not ironic. It makes sense because it's more likely that you've naturally torn a ligament rather than taken a punishing blow. And those take far more time to heal.

From my understanding Rudolph looked a lot better than Roethlisberger, but based on captain fatfucks game and a half this year that's not a very high bar. Rudolph is largely an unknown right now though, but he was considered to have a first round grade (by some teams) in the 2018 draft so at the very least he was a decent prospect despite being the 6th best prospect in his draft class.

But the Steelers have worse problems than the QB position based on what we've seen so far. Losing 3 HoF calibur offensive players in two years blows, especially since the defense isn't looking good

37 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

From my understanding Rudolph looked a lot better than Roethlisberger, but based on captain fatfucks game and a half this year that's not a very high bar. Rudolph is largely an unknown right now though, but he was considered to have a first round grade (by some teams) in the 2018 draft so at the very least he was a decent prospect despite being the 6th best prospect in his draft class.

But the Steelers have worse problems than the QB position based on what we've seen so far. Losing 3 HoF calibur offensive players in two years blows, especially since the defense isn't looking good

1. Is calling Ben mean names really necessary?

2. I do agree about the defense. The only thing they seem to be good at right now is sacking. (They sacked the heck out of Wilson) Wtf did Tomlin do to them? They looked great last year.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I believe it’s actually a nickname that got started by a Youtube sports commentator/shitposter whose channel goes by UrinatingTree (yes, that’s actually the name of it). Ironically enough, he’s a Steeler’s fan himself and quite critical of them as a team.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Aww, is widdle Benben's girlfriend gonna cwy because someone called him a mean name?

Get over it, the man has made more money in the last decade than every single one of us on this forum will ever see in our lives COMBINED. If Lord Raven wants to call a mean name, it's not your job to defend him.

As an aside, UrinatingTree is hilarious.

Edited by Life

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

I believe it’s actually a nickname that got started by a Youtube sports commentator/shitposter whose channel goes by UrinatingTree (yes, that’s actually the name of it). Ironically enough, he’s a Steeler’s fan himself and quite critical of them as a team.

Whatever, it's still really mean/rude. Ben isn't even fat either...

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

yes, i think the nickname is hilarious

Captain Fatfuck leader of men

(protip: if you want to be better at communicating, you better get used to people making fun of stuff you like)

20 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

yes, i think the nickname is hilarious

Captain Fatfuck leader of men

(protip: if you want to be better at communicating, you better get used to people making fun of stuff you like)

It's not that I don't want people making fun of stuff I like. It's that I recall having said similar insults to things before, but getting called out for it because it upset someone. So I'm just wondering how others are allowed to do it, but I'm not. I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just confused on why I've gotten called out for things like this and I can't call someone else out for doing the same thing. Otherwise, I don't care about people making fun of stuff I like. lol

Edited by Anacybele

for a non-steeler fan who decided to root for the panthers ana's sure focusing on the steelers a lot in this topic in comparison

Honestly, we needed to move on anyways. Ben is fragile as hell, and I wasn't sure he'd play well this year. Here's hoping Rudolph plays well for the future, playoffs or not, and despite Ben saying he'd be ready next year, I think he and the Steelers need to learn that he's done. "Five more years" is not a reality for him. (Plus, he's sorta rubbed me the wrong way as a person.)

Also, AB got accused of sexual misconduct by another woman now, not to mention he's apparently getting lots of lawsuits for not paying for stuff in the past to add to that chef issue some months ago.

So Foles got knocked out in the first quarter Week 1, but the plus side is that Gardner Minshew looks pretty good which I was not expecting. Didn't love Marrone's decision to go for two and gamble the game considering the Texans couldn't do much offensively and running up the middle when our O-line was getting no push all day was a questionable playcall.

Oh and Jalen Ramsey is asking to be traded...I kinda get why but it's not really a good sign.

Edited by -Cynthia-

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

for a non-steeler fan who decided to root for the panthers ana's sure focusing on the steelers a lot in this topic in comparison

Honestly, we needed to move on anyways. Ben is fragile as hell, and I wasn't sure he'd play well this year. Here's hoping Rudolph plays well for the future, playoffs or not, and despite Ben saying he'd be ready next year, I think he and the Steelers need to learn that he's done. "Five more years" is not a reality for him. (Plus, he's sorta rubbed me the wrong way as a person.)

Also, AB got accused of sexual misconduct by another woman now, not to mention he's apparently getting lots of lawsuits for not paying for stuff in the past to add to that chef issue some months ago.

Panthers aren't doing so hot themselves though, so I'm just casually following both, really.

Yeah, you're kinda right there. Ben's 37, getting too old. I get that he loves the game and wants to keep going, but he should think about his health and stuff.

Why even bother talking much about AB now? lol We've got nothing to do with him anymore, whatever happens with him doesn't affect the Steelers.