Favorite Non-Byleth Pairings *Spoilers for Paired Endings*

Every character in Three Houses is someone’s favorite, and while I enjoy being able to marry most of them as Byleth, I wanted to get a feel for everyone’s favorite pairings that don’t include Byleth. When you’re inevitably match-making your other characters, having already decided which of them you’re going to marry your main character too, what are some of the pairings that were your favorite? I know this is basically a shipping discussion, but I feel like that’s half the appeal of Fire Emblem for a lot of people, so it feels justified.

I’ll start us off with some of my favorites from my two runs so far (BE and GD).

Bernie and Hubert: I don’t know, for some reason I found these two adorable together. They’re both terrible at communicating, one due to social anxiety, the other because he’s a vampire lord, but together they’re actually really cute. The contrast made them endearing, opposites attract.

Dorothea and Petra: an unusual pairing, to my knowledge the only romantic same-sex relationship that doesn’t involve Byleth (made all the stranger by the fact that Petra isn’t available as a S rank support for F!Byleth), but I found their relationship very sweet. Dorothea will always hold a special place in my heart, and seeing her being so supportive of Petra was charming.

Claude and Lysithea: while mostly platonic within their actual support conversations, Claude being simultaneously teasing with Lysithea while also holding her in the highest respect was kinda fun. Not to mention I have to give my boy Claude serious kudos for his paired ending with Lysithea in which he 

Spoiler

gives up his throne to quest for a cure for her shortened lifespan, returning to marry her once he’s found it. That’s serious dedication.

Lorenz and Marianne: this relationship left me lukewarm at first, mainly because I was still lukewarm about Lorenz himself, but seeing him mature, recognize his own biases and being so supportive of Marianne, not even wanting to know the secret about her crest until she could tell him without fear or sadness, was really charming.

I may add more favorites once I finish my current BL run, but in the meantime I’d like to hear which pairings were favorites for others. 

9 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Bernie and Hubert: I don’t know, for some reason I found these two adorable together. They’re both terrible at communicating, one due to social anxiety, the other because he’s a vampire lord, but together they’re actually really cute. The contrast made them endearing, opposites attract.

Actually I also like this pairing. But I found Felix and Bernie for me which is pretty funny and interesting as well. Before I played this game I thought Bernie could be one of the characters I like the least. But some of her Supports are just so well made.

Petra and Claude. I kind of liked them together and just why not. Also their A support. Oh boy.. Claude in in for a treat.

Dimitri and Marianne.. their support is not one of the best but this is just a pair I like together with 2 Characters who kind of have their inner problems.

I wish Mercedes and Caspar would be possible. But sadly its not... 

Hilda and Ferdinand.. its really funny how Hilda knows to make use of Ferdinands personal traits...

Sylvain and Mercedes. First Support left kind of an impression. How easily she deflected Sylvain in her way..

Caspar and Annette. Can't have Caspar and Mercedes but to me they are quite a match.

Lysithea and Raphael. They are typical Brain and Muscle pairing and Raphael even said things which make sense here. Would have said Ingrid for Raphael. But the A support was sadly not too good. But also just might work.  

Dedue and Shamir. Dedue does not have many Supports he shines with. But I aim to give them a pairing end if its possible. Because they kind of work really well together. Also a bit hilarious. 

Edelgard and Linhardt was also nice. Edelgard kind of starts like a control freak. 

Most of the time I like pairings between houses. For some characters I like more pair ups. Like Felix, he works well with Dorothy, Bernie, Ingrid so far from what I read..for the rest of the characters I still have to find out which I would like. But not all need to be shipped.

I`ve only played the Blue Lions/Azure Moon route so far, but there are a few pairs I like.

Duedue and Mercedes: I really like how it discusses Duscurian culture, and the ending is very sweet.

Annette and Felix: A support chain that I ended up finding rather cute. It`s also one of the few supports I find that Felix isn`t a total jerk.

Sylvain and Ingrid: I already shipped them thanks to fan art, and I really liked their interactions and paired ending.  

Hubert x Petra

Its nice to see Hubert has something that doesn't completely revolves around Edelgard. Out of all his support partners Petra is also just about the only one Hubert has friendly conversations with. The ending implies Hubert of all people ends up having an active sex life which is kinda amusing. 

I’m partial to Claude and Hilda myself but I’m currently doing Claude’s support with Petra, I think they’d be amazing. 

Other than that I personally loved Marianne and Lorenz as well as Ashe and Anette. 

Ingrid x Sylvain (I am a sucker for childhood friends. Besides, Ingrid slowly got over her grief because she had to go yell at Sylvain lol) 

Marianne x Dimitri (Two similar souls who were miserable with living were able to achieve enough happiness to say it was worth it in the end, their ending card really got to me) 

Ashe’s in general. He had a rough upbringing but he still remained earnest in wanting to make the world a better place. 

Probably others as well, but those are the standout ones for me. 

Edited by MessengerIris

Hubert and Petra, I love my trolly boy, but the fact that he goes a bit out of character and treats her well and actually admires her amazes me. They're cute.

Dimitri and Marianne, everyone has already explained this one, I don't even like Dimitri that much, and yet this feels just right.

Linhardt in general has very sweet supports, the one with Marianne stood out to me.

Dorothea and Ferdinand, not a fan of the ending (I was hoping for something more adventurous), but I love their supports and shared story. Also when you recruit only one of the two and end up slaughtering the other it's very touching. As for Dorothea, she also has an amazing (imo) ending with Felix, but their C and B ranks are a bit weird (she tries way too hard). I was disappointed by Doro with Sylvain though, I really don't know why since it should be perfect (and it is), and yet it doesn't click with me.

Also I liked Leonie and Shamir, yes it's so dumb, and yet I love it. It also makes sense when you think about it, they're similar in ambition but different in attitude, perfect work partners.

Though best ending is still Lorenz alone. If you can't manage to kill him off after snagging up his relic that is.

Mercie and Annette made me feel feral. It was so good I teared up more over their ending than I did with Byleth and Linhardt's (which got a hearty smile out of me). I just can't picture Mercie or Annette ending up with anyone else other than each other.

Felix X Annette

Ashe X Petra

Caspar X Hilda (Whew, that A Support)

Claude X Hilda

Lorenz X Leonie (I need my nobles and commoners together)

Ingrid X Sylvain

Dedue X Mercedes (I didn't even intend for this to happen but it ended up really great)

Ashe also has great supports with Ingrid and Annette~ Petra and Claude was pretty nice, too~

Ignatz x Raphael. Yeah, they don't get together, but time to time it was mentioned about Ignatz finding his passion thanks to a drawing for Raph's sister. Thought it was cute and by chance I got this ending. Honestly, them being a huge family together and living in the same house is just wholesome.

I've only completed Black Eagles so far, but I really liked Hubert and Bernadetta's paired ending. The flower thing is cute.

Also got Ferdinand/Dorothea and Caspar/Petra, and they were both good but nothing exceptional (I do like their actual supports a lot, though). Overall, I got all the paired endings I wanted for my first run which was nice to see.

Edited by De Geso