Lysithea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rank her character? (0 terrible to 10 amazing)

2. 2. How do you rank her fighting abilities? (0 useless to 10 fantastic)

3. 3. Would like to have a S support with her and male Byleth?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Lysithea is a very special character to me:

1. Based on stats she is the best magic user in the entire series for me. She is the ticket to kill the Death Knight and pretty much oneshots 95% of the enemies,  if trained properly. The best unit who is neither Byleth nor one of the three leaders. 
  2. She has a very serious background story without spoilering too much. When I read her A support with Byleth and chapter 17 I felt even more for her. Her design and appearance reminds pretty much on a Micaiah. 

In general she is superfun to use and a prove that mages still can be good. The last good makes I have seen, were the ones from Judgral, but only because they got busted tomes. If Grafcalibur did not exist, FE5 would not only be unbeatable, but Lysi also would be the best mage in the series. Characterwise she wants to learn hard to reach her self set goals quickly and be respected as an adult which both are connected to her backround story. 

Share your stories and / or pictures of her! 

Edited by Lysithea

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already supported her and Byleth, but the game did save it, so I need to go for it again.

Lysithea is fantastic unit, and a somewhat interesting character. She's the reason I always recruit Lorenz, if you know what I mean.

Lysithea has like the highest mag growth in the game or some crazy shit. She is a goddamn nuke that melts everything. Give her the Thyrsus (sp??) staff and LONG RANGE NUKE. DK Lysithea is b u s t e d. 

Characterwise, shes a cute bean and i like her

As a unit she's great. I recruited her into the Black Eagles and I was pretty surprised at that long, long beautiful spell list. A little girl humiliating the Death Knight has some charm too. She can't snipe but just giving her a staff is enough to fix that problem. 

As a character I've got more mixed feelings on Lysithea. Sometimes her attitude can be endearing but she's walking a very fine line between being a downright irredeemable jerk. 

Its all fine and dandy with her and Claude. They seem to have a bratty sibling relation and that works very well.

Lysithea kinda loses her temper with Marianne but immediately apologizes and she wasn't all that unjustified so that's fine. 

Its her Ignatz support that's the problem. Lysithea very ruthlessly tears into the poor thing, with Ignatz having done nothing to deserve that and probably not at all being equipped to handle that level of hostility. If more of her supports are like that then its going to be a bit of a problem. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Good unit though I do find her a touch overrated, no 3 range spell or Physic or particularly low-weight spell (which makes her supposed speed edge over other mages a bit of a mirage). Probably still the best mage in the game, especially if one gives more credit to Warp than I am inclined to; her personal is great. Humiliating the Death Knight is certainly funny though I'd put more value in this if Dark Seals weren't virtually worthless.

Enjoyable character and my favourite of the Golden Deer so far. I agree that sometimes her savage words can go too far, though she usually realizes and apologizes for it. On the other hand sometimes that savageness is just so so deserved; I could watch her C support with Sylvain all day every day. I like how her rough backstory shapes the views and attitudes she holds in the present (a recurring theme for this game).

Lysithea is a consistent unit with nuclear stats and surprisingly decent versatility. Has access to most of the best spells in the game. Dark Spikes T and Luna should not be given to anyone as early as she gets them. Savage personality. Extra points for bullying Ignatz. Too bad she's banned from most tournaments on account of not knowing basic spells in favor of better ones.

1566279974137.png

6 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

1. Based on stats she is the best magic user in the entire series for me. She is the ticket to kill the Death Knight and pretty much oneshots 95% of the enemies,  if trained properly. The best unit who is neither Byleth nor one of the three leaders.

A certain friend of mine, named Ophelia, would like to have a word with you. He, he.
I would argue that Ophelia is even more powerful because Conquest is... well, infinitely more challenging than Three Houses, and her statistics does not need to be that high to shine (+Magic Cornflakes and Elise have better raw numbers.) What makes her so broken is her natural access to high damage-stacking skills in an almost exclusively Player-Phase game.

Anyway, I did not like what I played of Three Houses, but Lysithea was one of the three 'exchange' students whom I wanted to recruit (for Blue Lions.) I liked her design from the previews, and there is this group image from all students where she looks really cute, a mixture of menacing and pouting. Her early-game conversations were entertaining, and I have read that her background story is also interesting. Unfortunately, I did not play long enough to unlock more supports or see her deleting units and bombing maps, but she will definitely be a recruit on my team once Lunatic mode is available and I try the game again.

Lysithea is fantastic, even if she's a bit short... with people, with regards to her height, and with regards to her lifespan. She's one of the people in the game I can see existing at an actual high school or college, because her personality's just so normal.

Oh, she's also an ICBM with Thyrsus. 

I like her as a unit, I have a weakness for "nuke" builds in all games, I just like to see how far I can take that damage count.

But I really dislike her character, most of it is due to her voice. I get it, she's meant to be a kid, but she's 15, she sounds like she's 6. Yes, I get it, there are adults with that kind of voice, I'm not saying it's unnatural or whatever, I just can't stand it. It's far, far too high pitched for my likings. Design wise I like her post skip, though I was hoping for a bit more growth, after all she goes from 15 to 20, you'd expect her to change the most. Preskip is a bit bland, but it works.

Her backstory is interesting (especially since I discovered it while playing through Crimson Flower), but as for personality and traits I'm not a fan. Prodigies are not my thing, the only one I liked in FE was Cordelia, and Lysithea doesn't share a lot with her. Playing the "I'm an adult" thing is also not a favourite of mine, though she does it miles better than the kid from Fates whose name I can't remember.

The one trait I like about her is that she's "rushing" through life because she knows it's short. It makes you think really, she's rushing because she knows she doesn't have a lot left, and yet every single one of the characters could be in that situation, it's a war after all, everyone should make the most of it (if you want to be deep you could even extend it to real life, we don't know how much we have left after all).

That said, she's definitely not the worst character in the game, that award goes to the likes of Lorenz (no, he has not a single redeeming quality for me, at all), Bernadetta or Caspar.

If Petra and Annette didn't exist, she'd be my absolute favorite in this game, perhaps even in the entire series. As a unit, she's an absolute monster, and her character does have its weaknesses (but they are still understandable and it's not as bad as Sylvain or - Duma help me - Lorenz *shudders*), but these weaknesses are overshadowed by her good traits. Her A and S-supports with Byleth were absolutely heart-wrenching, with the S-support being one of THE best, in my opinion. I'd say it's even better than the Nah x Male Morgan S-support, which I am quite fond of due to how adorable it is. 

And of course, I S-supported her in my Golden Deer run.
What do Petra and Annette have over Lysithea, you may ask? Well, Petra's philosophy resonates with me (see her support chain with Caspar and her B-support with Bernadetta, for reference), while Annette is adorable as heck and I always had a weak spot for cute characters. She was also my first Three Houses S-support, which was also really, really cute, so maybe that has something to do with it, too.

I'm going to ignore the story aspect as I want to play every route before judging (have yet to play GD).

She is amazing for killing cavalry like the DK but I was able to kill him with Hubert as well. Obviously his availability is limited to BE so she's better just considering that.

In terms of mages, she's probably the best overall unit. Strongest nuke and has access to Gremory and Warp. Linhardt would be my second choice but he doesn't get Gremory promotion RIP. Mercedes is absolutely amazing as well just purely based on access to spells (Physic and Fortify ❤️ ), but she's basically going to be my dedicated healer in all of my runs so I won't be looking to use her for damage.

So strictly talking about damage (ignoring the non-default mages because I have yet to try them out)...

Lysithea > Annette > the rest. I tried out Annette on my BL run and she's honestly great. She's just as strong with a Thysrus staff, but without Lysithea's faith utility. Recover actually sucks when it comes to practical use because most of your team will be off elsewhere most of the time and your mages can't really catch up if you don't play like a turtle. Also puts them in range of dying many times. By the time you get Annette +1 range on her faith magic the game will have nearly ended.

Does anybody actually have an opinion on who might be better than Lysithea or is she just the unanimously agreed upon answer for best mage in the game? Also just saw Edelgard's spells and she looks like she would be absolutely fun to make a mage in a future run. IIRC, she was getting tons of magic in my first runthrough as her default class.

Edited by Eltoshen

1 hour ago, timon said:

Her backstory is interesting (especially since I discovered it while playing through Crimson Flower), but as for personality and traits I'm not a fan. Prodigies are not my thing, the only one I liked in FE was Cordelia, and Lysithea doesn't share a lot with her. Playing the "I'm an adult" thing is also not a favourite of mine, though she does it miles better than the kid from Fates whose name I can't remember.

The one trait I like about her is that she's "rushing" through life because she knows it's short. It makes you think really, she's rushing because she knows she doesn't have a lot left, and yet every single one of the characters could be in that situation, it's a war after all, everyone should make the most of it (if you want to be deep you could even extend it to real life, we don't know how much we have left after all).

pretty much this, except harsher

no one can deny she's very powerful, so i'm not talking about it right now

i REALLY don't like how she just randomly loses it in many supports (namely marianne and ignatz, they didn't deserve it at all), yet she wants others to treat her as a grown up woman

how am i supposed to do so if you behave exactly as the child you don't want others to think you are?

and no, your past doesn't justify your behavior... unless you use it as an excuse, but that would be very uhm what's the word ah yes childish

and no, the fact that she magically doesn't go crazy when talking to byleth doesn't make me dislike her less

absolutely not the girl i'd like to have anything to do with

Supports were very trying as she repeatedly misunderstood other characters' advice. I vaguely recall Claude deliberately teasing her which was certainly more fun to watch than her going on an unprovoked temper tantrum. Prodigy characters are generally a crapshoot to write in fiction. It's hard to relate to somebody who's character "flaw" is being too smart or too perfect. The twist with her origin is pretty compelling and gives weight to all previous instances where she mentions she "doesn't have enough time". So she's a mixed bag overall.

As a unit her nuke potential is obviously very good. But you repeatedly have to rescue her away from the enemies who double and kill her as surely as they do Flayn. Being locked to 4 movement was also obnoxious though I guess you could easily get her riding and lance up to C without much trouble and cheese your way to Dark Knight for the final chapters. I'll be curious if she continues pulling her weight as a glass cannon in Lunatic mode. Part of what makes her so effective is the lack of enemies who could counterattack her. I also one shot the Death Knight exactly once with her, post time skip on Hard mode so it's still very much a team effort to take him out in my experience. Warp utility was a nice late game surprise though

8 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Lysithea is fantastic. 526A0350-0B71-4385-9916-EB67BB6550C0.thumb.png.9ad117f778521077f62f083d6f68d81c.png

Well this just has all the memes.

I'm rather fond of Lysithea, she's an utterly ridiculous nuke that warlock probably isn't actually offering all that much for her, her spell list is essentially perfect once you go through Lorenz paralogue and if you wish you can make her a dancer, fixing her one major weakness by boosting her movement to cav range while keeping her magic, giving her more utility with dance, and allowing her to switch to a forged Levin sword (if dancing) to essentially become immortal without losing out on too much damage potential thanks to the other crest and it still using her mag stat. Consistent oneshots, consistent doubles, and the ability to rapidly max her skills means that you can do almost anything with her with silly things such as certifying her (but not reclassing) as a fortress knight while keeping her magic skills to pace with everyone else. I think it might actually be a war crime to give her Hubert's battalion.

As for her character, I like it. I have a weak spot for mysterious albinos, her acting like a kid makes sense to me since she essentially is one, and one dealing with a great deal more stress than normal. She tends to project her own feelings on others and despite her skill she feels conflicted that it may just be due to the crests or that others believe so despite her hard work. Byleth supports were sad, would S rank on Golden Deer again.

Huh... the second poll was messed up (again).

Anyways a bit footage of my GD run:

Spoiler

fvp2pYG.jpg

Spoiler

2oVXthJ.jpg

Spoiler

apKFgTW.jpg

Spoiler

ciFVLoV.jpg

8 hours ago, starburst said:

A certain friend of mine, named Ophelia, would like to have a word with you. He, he.
I would argue that Ophelia is even more powerful because Conquest is... well, infinitely more challenging than Three Houses, and her statistics does not need to be that high to shine (+Magic Cornflakes and Elise have better raw numbers.) What makes her so broken is her natural access to high damage-stacking skills in an almost exclusively Player-Phase game.

I could not recruit her in Fates yet since her dad is absolute garbage and I have no patience to keep him around in my team.

However I am aware how stupidly powerful she is in Hereos, so I can only assume same goes for Conquest.

7 hours ago, Eltoshen said:

I'm going to ignore the story aspect as I want to play every route before judging (have yet to play GD).

She is amazing for killing cavalry like the DK but I was able to kill him with Hubert as well. Obviously his availability is limited to BE so she's better just considering that.

In terms of mages, she's probably the best overall unit. Strongest nuke and has access to Gremory and Warp. Linhardt would be my second choice but he doesn't get Gremory promotion RIP. Mercedes is absolutely amazing as well just purely based on access to spells (Physic and Fortify ❤️ ), but she's basically going to be my dedicated healer in all of my runs so I won't be looking to use her for damage.

So strictly talking about damage (ignoring the non-default mages because I have yet to try them out)...

Lysithea > Annette > the rest. I tried out Annette on my BL run and she's honestly great. She's just as strong with a Thysrus staff, but without Lysithea's faith utility. Recover actually sucks when it comes to practical use because most of your team will be off elsewhere most of the time and your mages can't really catch up if you don't play like a turtle. Also puts them in range of dying many times. By the time you get Annette +1 range on her faith magic the game will have nearly ended.

Does anybody actually have an opinion on who might be better than Lysithea or is she just the unanimously agreed upon answer for best mage in the game? Also just saw Edelgard's spells and she looks like she would be absolutely fun to make a mage in a future run. IIRC, she was getting tons of magic in my first runthrough as her default class.

Well, Edelgard's spell list is kind of terrible, since it mixes anima and dark spells. Once she learns dark faire, it won't apply to her first spells, and her budding talent won't apply to her last ones.

9 hours ago, Eltoshen said:

Well, she is banned from every Black Magic tournament by virtue of not learning a single Black Magic spell, meaning if you don't recruit anyone and/or level Marianne's Reason skill, you're SOL on that front. Also, the Dark Mage class is male only, and Lysithea doesn't benefit from Warlock's Black Magic Uses x2 and Black Tomefaire skills (she does benefit from the Bowbreaker mastery skill, though, which she can get very, very quickly due to her personal skill). Leveling her in Riding and Lances is a hassle and a half, so making her a Dark Knight is less than optimal (in my opinion, at least), leaving her with only Gremory as a truly viable class option.
On the other hand, we have Dorothea, who does benefit from the aforementioned Warlock skills AND gets a 1-3 range spell in Thoron AND the siege spell Meteor, so she isn't entirely dependent on Thyrsus to do damage from afar (level her high enough and she starts one-shotting things with Meteor). She can also participate in Black Magic tournaments if you so desire, so you don't lose out on those items/professor points. 

I'd still say Lysithea is the better between the two, because Dorothea's relevant growths are a bit on the shaky front (40% Magic before class bonuses compared to Lys' 60%, and 40% Speed compared to Lys' 50%), but I don't think we should disregard the other Mages entirely.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, she is banned from every Black Magic tournament by virtue of not learning a single Black Magic spell, meaning if you don't recruit anyone and/or level Marianne's Reason skill, you're SOL on that front. Also, the Dark Mage class is male only, and Lysithea doesn't benefit from Warlock's Black Magic Uses x2 and Black Tomefaire skills (she does benefit from the Bowbreaker mastery skill, though, which she can get very, very quickly due to her personal skill). Leveling her in Riding and Lances is a hassle and a half, so making her a Dark Knight is less than optimal (in my opinion, at least), leaving her with only Gremory as a truly viable class option.
On the other hand, we have Dorothea, who does benefit from the aforementioned Warlock skills AND gets a 1-3 range spell in Thoron AND the siege spell Meteor, so she isn't entirely dependent on Thyrsus to do damage from afar (level her high enough and she starts one-shotting things with Meteor). She can also participate in Black Magic tournaments if you so desire, so you don't lose out on those items/professor points. 

I'd still say Lysithea is the better between the two, because Dorothea's relevant growths are a bit on the shaky front (40% Magic before class bonuses compared to Lys' 60%, and 40% Speed compared to Lys' 50%), but I don't think we should disregard the other Mages entirely.

Lysithea is definitely the best pure offense mage, but you’re right, in terms of utility Dorothea might be better. Dorothea definitely has a better spell list imo. Even though she only learns three faith spells, Physic is really important, and Meteor and Thoron are really nice to have. Oddly enough most of Lysithea’s white magic is offensive, and really powerful. So if you want a magical damage dealer, Lysithea is hard to beat. If you want a general purpose mage, Dorothea might be a better choice. I kinda view Lysithea as the opposite side of the spectrum to Mercedes. Mercedes is all the healing and Lysithea is tons of damage, whereas Dorothea is a good middle ground. Honestly, imo, no reason to pick one or the other, I’ve used both Dorothea and Lysithea in every run so far.

Her looks and personality are okay, not anything to write home about.  Her abilities in battle though are strong, though I would like a little bit more defense.  Annette is right there with her too for me, for whatever reason her magic stat got super high.

Yeaaah I cannot handle people that are quick to anger for little to no reason. Felix is probably where I draw the line in terms of a balance between being a jerk and actually having something respectable to say. A shame because ever since I've seen Death Note many years ago I've had an affinity for characters with hair like hers. I was eager to like her at the start.

Her reasoning for why she is the way she is, isn't bad... but there is already another character with that reason as well who is a bit more important. But at least Lysithea's haste doesn't cause her to kill anyone, so she does have that going for her.

As a unit,  I've had her in all my playthroughs and she's always been a great boon, although she ends up more as utility. The kind of units where you can send them into the thick of things and dodge/tank all the enemies is overall just way more impactful in maps. Lysithea can't do that without being in danger. Then there's those enemies that just flat out do not take magic damage...

Edited by Holder of the Heel