Lysithea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rank her character? (0 terrible to 10 amazing)

2. 2. How do you rank her fighting abilities? (0 useless to 10 fantastic)

3. 3. Would like to have a S support with her and male Byleth?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

The biggest difference between annette and lysithea is not the speed, they both oneshot 95% of the game anyway, it's the spell list. Anette has only basic damage spells, while Lysithea has a bunch of utility and effective stuff. I think people exagerate when they say that Lysithea is godlike while Annette is trash, but they have a point.

Still, lysithea as a nuke is overrated as hell. 

-Gremory is her best class, while most other nukers like DK more.

- her magic lead is often removed by her lacking black tomefaire

-her speed can't be fully employed because her str is absymal even by mage standards and even her lightest spell has 4 weight. Hubert and Jojothea are going to have more AS than her, while using better spells. 

-she don't easily get 100% accuracy.

When you have to nuke shit, Hubert,Jojo and Annie can do that just fine, what makes Lysithea special is warp.

Edited by Flere210

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Lysithea is definitely the best pure offense mage, but you’re right, in terms of utility Dorothea might be better. Dorothea definitely has a better spell list imo. Even though she only learns three faith spells, Physic is really important, and Meteor and Thoron are really nice to have. Oddly enough most of Lysithea’s white magic is offensive, and really powerful. So if you want a magical damage dealer, Lysithea is hard to beat. If you want a general purpose mage, Dorothea might be a better choice. I kinda view Lysithea as the opposite side of the spectrum to Mercedes. Mercedes is all the healing and Lysithea is tons of damage, whereas Dorothea is a good middle ground. Honestly, imo, no reason to pick one or the other, I’ve used both Dorothea and Lysithea in every run so far.

100% agreed.

I know this is an appreciation thread but I hope people don't mind me putting my thoughts on her.

As a unit, she's pretty great but I don't find her as crucial as what people online are saying. Sure she makes the game easier but it's not like my team is crippled without her. Everyone praises her ability to one shot Death Knight but my Fortress Knight Marianne was able to tank and defeat Death Knight on Hard mode in Chapter 12 as well (which was hilarious). Furthermore, the other magic users have high enough mag and spd to double and kill other units quickly in the game so Lysithea's nuking power sometimes seems a bit excessive.

I have conflicted feelings toward her as a character. Some of her supports are good and funny. Some of her supports (mostly C ones) paint her in a pretty negative light. Her C and B supports with Ignatz are probably some of my least favourite supports in the game so far. The fact that she practically yells at him for the smallest thing and then saying shit like he's completely incapable and mocking him for being 'grown up' is just very mean spirited. Just because you have something tragic to deal with doesn't mean you can act like an asshole to others.

I think that if Lysithea was created to be a young male character. He would not be well received at all.

Edited by zuibangde

3 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I know this is an appreciation thread but I hope people don't mind me putting my thoughts on her.

As a unit, she's pretty great but I don't find her as crucial as what people online are saying. Sure she makes the game easier but it's not like my team is crippled without her. Everyone praises her ability to one shot Death Knight but my Fortress Knight Marianne was able to tank and defeat Death Knight on Hard mode in Chapter 12 as well (which was hilarious). Furthermore, the other magic users have high enough mag and spd to double and kill other units quickly in the game so Lysithea's nuking power sometimes seems a bit excessive.

I have conflicted feelings toward her as a character. Some of her supports are good and funny. Some of her supports (mostly C ones) paint her in a pretty negative light. Her C and B supports with Ignatz are probably some of my least favourite supports in the game so far. The fact that she practically yells at him for the smallest thing and then saying shit like he's completely incapable and mocking him for being 'grown up' is just very mean spirited. Just because you have something tragic to deal with doesn't mean you can act like an asshole to others.

I think that if Lysithea was created to be a young male character. He would not be well received at all.

Wait... Fortress Knight Marianne?

I'm incredible confused xD

__

And I'm going to admit Lysithea is carried a lot popularity wise for having Aoi Yuuki's voice and an overall quite intriguing design.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I'm incredible confused xD

__

And I'm going to admit Lysithea is carried a lot popularity wise for having Aoi Yuuki's voice and an overall quite intriguing design.

NG+ enables ceeativity

4 hours ago, Troykv said:

I'm incredible confused xD.

Yep, I thought that by making characters be in classes they’re not meant to be would increase the difficulty but so far it hasn’t. Is she the best Fortress Knight in the game? No but she does the job well enough that she still hasn’t fallen off post skip. Also it is hilarious to see her, of all people in the front lines tanking attacks.

Since some people requested to see this Marianne, I’ll post a pic of it.

B69D44CF-891B-4D46-AECD-27F5BFD48720.jpeg

Edited by zuibangde

4 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Yep, I thought that by making characters be in classes they’re not meant to be would increase the difficulty but so far it hasn’t. Is she the best Fortress Knight in the game? No but she does the job well enough that she still hasn’t fallen off post skip. Also it is hilarious to see her, of all people in the front lines tanking attacks.

Since some people requested to see this Marianne, I’ll post a pic of it.

B69D44CF-891B-4D46-AECD-27F5BFD48720.jpeg

Color me impressed, she's only two levels above but somehow has almost the same strength as my wyvern rider Byleth, so far they're only getting stat boosts in luck and charm, the irony.

16 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Color me impressed, she's only two levels above but somehow has almost the same strength as my wyvern rider Byleth, so far they're only getting stat boosts in luck and charm, the irony.

I’ve actually been pretty RNG blessed with her so this Marianne might be an exception. I’ll admit I had to feed her a few boosts in STR at the beginning. However once she promoted to Fortress Knight, she’s been getting STR pretty consistently. She was getting Def pretty consistently throughout so I didn’t use much stat boosters for that on her which is why I think she’s pretty RNG blessed.

Her high mag also means she’s able to use bolt axe or the magic based relic hammers in the frontlines which I think is one of the best benefits so far.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I might’ve fed some boosts in Def for her pre skip but it was definitely less than the amount of Str boosts.

Edited by zuibangde

9 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I’ve actually been pretty RNG blessed with her so this Marianne might be an exception. I’ll admit I had to feed her a few boosts in STR at the beginning. However once she promoted to Fortress Knight, she’s been getting STR pretty consistently. She was getting Def pretty consistently throughout so I didn’t use much stat boosters for that on her which is why I think she’s pretty RNG blessed.

Her high mag also means she’s able to use bolt axe or the magic based relic hammers in the frontlines which I think is one of the best benefits so far.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I might’ve fed some boosts in Def for her pre skip but it was definitely less than the amount of Str boosts.

I never used boosts before advanced or master promotions, since I found it easier to promote some characters to certain classes to fix their bares stats, like Lysithea, Dorothea and Marianne to the spellsword class (can't remember it's actual name), since they all have or get a bonus to swords and a skill to deal magic damage with it, which as a finisher, works with every class.

However, in order to work as a different class, predefined magic users just need a magic weapon or art to get going. And HP boosts, that is actually really needed as well.

Overall I think Lysithea's popularity is kinda deserved if we ignore her more questionably antics like the Ignatz support. 

However I can't shake the feelings her popularity also has something to do with being a girl. We can safely place Lysithea in the Ricken archetype and both Ricken and Hayato received quite a frosty reception. I wonder if Lysithea would have been dismissed as just another Ricken of she was a boy. Granted she has a much more compelling backstory than either Ricken or Hayato, but backstory or no backstory her primary ''I'm not a kid!'' trait is the same. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

35 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Does she mention somewhere how she looked like before the blood ritual was done to her? 

I will vote for her in CYL4 although I am not too convinced of seeing her unless she will not have a regular appearance until that what I highly doubt. 

My voting for Lysithea will really just depend on if Jill and/or Patty are added by the time CYL4 comes along. If neither of them are added by that time, I'm using all my votes on them, but if at least one of them is added, I'll spare a vote for either Lysithea or Claude

2 hours ago, paladin21 said:

I never used boosts before advanced or master promotions, since I found it easier to promote some characters to certain classes to fix their bares stats, like Lysithea, Dorothea and Marianne to the spellsword class (can't remember it's actual name), since they all have or get a bonus to swords and a skill to deal magic damage with it, which as a finisher, works with every class.

However, in order to work as a different class, predefined magic users just need a magic weapon or art to get going. And HP boosts, that is actually really needed as well.

I try not to use boosts before advanced or master promotions as well. However, in the case of Marianne, her base STR and growth is too low in early game to actually do any physical damage. Without doing damage, she can't get any experience to level up. I could've kept her as a magic based class first but I reclassed her to a physical unit once she reached level 5 (mostly for fun/trolling). In the end, it actually boosted her STR and DEF growths a bit which worked well enough as I didn't need to throw every STR or DEF booster to her. She still needed some boost in STR but she was my main tank pre skip as other units such as Claude and Raphael with more respectable defense still couldn't stand in the middle of the battlefield tanking 3 - 4 enemy attacks at once. 

My Gremory Lysthiea is a monster who can nuke enemy units halfway across the map at this point. She can still get killed pretty easily by strong physical enemy units if she doesn’t dodge.

for her character, I definitely encourage folks to do her support with Hanneman. Actually hoping to get their paired ending since 

Spoiler

Hanneman is one of the few characters who saves her life by removing her crests. 

Since I’m trying my hardest to keep Lysithea and Hanneman as closest allies, I’ve actually avoided triggering a lot of her other A supports, because doing that knocks Hanneman off Lysithea’s close allies list. So annoying. I’ll need to view her other A supports by saving my game, watching all of the A supports and then soft resetting.

I’ve enjoyed her support with Lorenz. Haven’t viewed their A support yet. Mixed on Linhardt. I’ve viewed her C-B supports for most of the other characters so long ago, I can barely remember them anymore lol. For example I barely remember her support with Claude. That’s kinda been my problem in general..so many support convos...hard to remember all of them super clearly. Might need to re watch some of them

34 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I try not to use boosts before advanced or master promotions as well. However, in the case of Marianne, her base STR and growth is too low in early game to actually do any physical damage. Without doing damage, she can't get any experience to level up. I could've kept her as a magic based class first but I reclassed her to a physical unit once she reached level 5 (mostly for fun/trolling). In the end, it actually boosted her STR and DEF growths a bit which worked well enough as I didn't need to throw every STR or DEF booster to her. She still needed some boost in STR but she was my main tank pre skip as other units such as Claude and Raphael with more respectable defense still couldn't stand in the middle of the battlefield tanking 3 - 4 enemy attacks at once. 

That's a good point, however, she gets a magical art with her lance budding talent, which can be unlocked fairly soon and allows her to dish out some damage before fixing her strength with class bases and growths.

49 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

My Gremory Lysthiea is a monster who can nuke enemy units halfway across the map at this point. She can still get killed pretty easily by strong physical enemy units if she doesn’t dodge.

for her character, I definitely encourage folks to do her support with Hanneman. Actually hoping to get their paired ending since 

Reveal hidden contents

Hanneman is one of the few characters who saves her life by removing her crests. 

Thanks for the hint. 

I was mildly upset when I saw her with Raphael in the epilog although I wanted to pair her up with Claude (had female Byleth). I thought the pairings were random, if someome has multiple A ranks, but someone told me that the closest support is displayed. Actually I have not found it out yet. I do not want to do the same mistake again. 

Great character, IMO~ Her backstory is really tragic and she's likable simply because she doesn't allow her impending fate to hinder her and she dedicates herself to being able to make her parents' lives as easy as possible. She can be annoying with always dragging people for no provokable reasons at times, but she generally apologizes quickly for it.

Great unit~ I used her as a Gremory in BL and a Dancer in GD. She was great in both classes but I'd argue she was better as a Dancer because she could take advantage of Levin Swords, as well~ When I next play BL again, I'll likely give her a Levin Sword there as a Gremory~ But she's overall just a great nuke and has a good selection of spells to work with~

22 hours ago, zuibangde said:

We have gotten Lysithea as a young male character: Ricken and Hayato~ And I fully agree that she gets much less hate than them and it's almost certainly in part to her being female. However, she also has the tragic backstory as a sympathetic trait, so it's understandable why she isn't particularly viewed the same way

I like Ricken and Hayato but even I can admit they really didn't have much else going for them other than being treated like a child (unless you look into their Supports, which a lot of people don't do). Meanwhile Lysithea screams this in every Support to an almost obnoxious degree (that Ricken and Hayato don't), but because of that backstory, it's not ALL her character is.

She also has the benefit of being pretty great upfront, while Ricken and Hayato are generally benched so soon, they barely have a chance to grow on most people simply because they don't start off as good~

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

How high do you guys think Lysithea will rank on CYL4 next year?

She'll rank high, for sure~ If she doesn't get into the game before the CYL Brave Redux, I could certainly see her getting in that way~

She’s my teacher’s pet in the most purest of senses. I saw her weakness/talent for swords and committed to making her a mortal savant (a play on words given her backstory and intellect). 

She’s my most reliable nuke to enemies that would otherwise decimate my crew (Death knight and GD final boss I’m looking at you both).

Since I didn’t want to date students, getting her scene at the ball (by accident) was the most comfortable for me. Her attempts at being mature in that moment made it easy for me to paint the scene as platonic. She’s just so precious!!

I caught wind of her “family situation” before the game released so I recruited Lindhart for the sole purpose of a pairing that would spare her in the future.

Gotta thank the voice actor and writers for making her an easy sell as a character, as her Professor it was a treat to teach her! 😄

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Overall I think Lysithea's popularity is kinda deserved if we ignore her more questionably antics like the Ignatz support. 

I am waiting for Lunatic (and, hopefully, other game-play patches) to try Three Houses again, but after reading your message, I decided to give it a go and watched most of Lysitheas's support conversations (I skipped those with Blue Lions and Marianne, which are the ones I plan to play with.) Yes, most conversations start or revolve around her "not being a child", but it did not feel repetitive to me considering that this section of the game is the most "trope-ish" and that one is not actually supposed to unlock all supports in one go. From what I gathered, she seemed in character across all supports, even with Ignatz. In my opinion it is her A Support with him what does not work, for C and B are not that different from those with, say, Raphael. I watched them in English, but I normally do not play the game in English, so, maybe the tone of this support conversation will be different in German or Spanish. We will see.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, zuibangde said:

I have to agree on supports. Lysithea's personality is insufferable, and she's constantly rude to everyone. I'm hoping she improves in later support conversations, but her C & B supports have to be the worst in the game.

She is rude in most of her C and somewhat B supports, but in her A supports she tracks back in most cases. Ignatz is one of few exceptions, definitely her worst support conversation. 

Interestingly her C support with Edelgard is not cold at all. I think this could into a really great one. 

Lysithea x Felix is something I can get behind and I would recommend if you do not like her supports. Lysithea has truly taken on a big challenge there. 

Spoiler

Feeding Felix with cake is no small feat. 

Edited by Stroud