Lysithea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rank her character? (0 terrible to 10 amazing)

2. 2. How do you rank her fighting abilities? (0 useless to 10 fantastic)

3. 3. Would like to have a S support with her and male Byleth?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

30 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:

since this topic has resurfaced again: For any one who had Lysithea on their team, did anyone get completely RNG screwed with her?

Lysithea has the lowest total growths in the game at 280. At the other extreme is Edelgard with 385. (Byleth is at 370) 60% Mag and Dex, 50% Spd, but everything else is 15-25%. In that context, it's very easy to end up with anaemic level-ups.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Lysithea has the lowest total growths in the game at 280. At the other extreme is Edelgard with 385. (Byleth is at 370) 60% Mag and Dex, 50% Spd, but everything else is 15-25%. In that context, it's very easy to end up with anaemic level-ups.

Yeah, her Res and Charm can ocasionally work out, but her other non-offensive stats are so bad that they would as well don't exist.

Just popped in as another person who's used Lysithea to delete the Dark Knight and nuke the final boss of GD. Was lady!Byleth who hooked up with Claude and smashed her and Linhardt together after reading their A support and

Spoiler

Learning he's one of the few endings that results in her living. PROTECT THE SMILE

3 hours ago, xchickengirlx said:

since this topic has resurfaced again: For any one who had Lysithea on their team, did anyone get completely RNG screwed with her?

I'm on my BL run, and as I started to level her up, she'd only be getting +1 on two different stats, over, and over, and over again. I was completely baffled. Didn't have this bad luck on my GD run. I was hoping she'd be a total nuke again for my team, but she'd already at level 13 and her stats so far are awful. Hopefully I'll still be able to salvage her, but I am a little upset about it haha.

She is a "min-max" character, means she has only high growths in the most important stats which are magic, dex and speed. Her other growths are terrible. It is quite common to see level ups with only 2-3 growing stats. For becoming an offensive nuke her growths are good enough. 

4 hours ago, Jave said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm really happy you liked it. In my BE run I actually S-ranked Lysethia, but I left the file at Ch.17 to get some more endings, so when I got a different S-rank Edel and Lys defaulted to each other, and I liked how both of them got cured of the curse of their crests.

I still have to get the S support with M!Byleth and her. Might do it in the church route. 

I have started BL route with F!Byleth and I am not certain who to pair up with Lys. Idk any of her supports with the BL aside of Felix, and I am skeptical this one gives a good ending to her. 

9 hours ago, nocturnal YL said:

Voted 10/10/maybe. Maybe because I just paired her with Lindhart in my just-finished Blue Lions run. Some things are better left to the professionals.

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't played Edelgard's route, but I figured as much since Edelgard has white hair. Watching cutscenes with child Edelgard and checking her status on the battlefields late-game pretty much confirmed what I suspected.

Spoiler

Honestly I never ever considered Edelgard's hair as white. I thought it was bleach blonde. I only got it to know in their B support, so I was surprised as shocked that they shared the same fate. However this also might explain why all of Edelgard's siblings were gone early. 

10 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

She is a "min-max" character, means she has only high growths in the most important stats which are magic, dex and speed. Her other growths are terrible. It is quite common to see level ups with only 2-3 growing stats. For becoming an offensive nuke her growths are good enough. 

My moment when Lysithea grows in DEF, "huh?"

Her other growths may be terrible but don't forget stat boosters, I even maxed out her HP

Too bad I did not give her any DEF boosters because Dimitri needs that for his Frozen Lance

9 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I gave all my spirit dusts to her. 

In GD route she could do about 70 damage with luna to the final boss, but her accuracy was problematic (~55%) and she would have been oneshotted back. Means she definitely needs all the items which increase  dex. 

same for spirit dust, Lysithea currently has 62 MAG🙃 in Chapter 17 of Blue Lions

Her accuracy is alright for the most part, the only person who she has a hard time targeting is Petra (I guess it's because of the Assassin ability)

60sth% but it still connects, nobody stood a chance against Nosferatu Tank Gremory Lysithea 🙂

My guess is that you got RNG screwed. Mine got speed problems at first but fortunately she starts growing in that

Edited by charcoalswift

My reaction to bad level ups is the same as what I did in Echoes: If there aren't many enemies left, turn back time, don't use that unit for the rest of the battle, and try again in the next battle. If I'm in turn 1, reset the game (L+R+Start+Select comes in handy; huge thanks to whoever decided to bring this shortcut back) for a new RNG seed. I accept the level up whenever she gets at least 3 stats total or at least 1 defensive stat (HP, Def, Res).

I never had much problem with using Lysithea, who I didn't even recruit until part 2 and didn't really use until I realized she's this game's magical cannon two chapters later. I still got her to a respectable 32 Res (I think) and 55 Mag at level 50. Other units I actively use are at level 47.

My only complaints gameplay-wise are that she has no Thoron or long-ranged magic, and that dark spells in general have very limited durability.

• 1 month later...

I'm seeing some vague viewpoints on her depth here so I'll share why I like her personally and then I'll talk about her nonstory aspects such as her combat.
She's realistic in many traits unlike most of the cast. In her support with Ignatz, the main trigger support she gets mixed opinions on is the fact she reflected her rage on Ignatz because how everyone viewed her is how she viewed him and she came to realized she is a child and pretty much came to nicer terms with Ignatz in their A support. People do this in real life when they have issues and it generates rage which becomes to the point they reflect it on someone else

She is fast to assume people say the worst about her in terms of being devalued or called a "child" is because it happened many times and people keep praising her talents in a not straightforward way (Sylvain) raising flags of intent or not, which is why she will assume the worst of what they said and apologizes later when it is cleared up. She got mad at Marianne because she kept being nonsocial and kept saying she can't do things without trying and related to her by saying she has problems like everyone else, and up to them to try to fix them, which honestly was one of her better supports.

She comes off rude, but she has her reasons which are connecting to she wants to be grown up because she doesn't have time to enjoy that kind of future as everyone else will and I feel like she gets more mad about it because she thinks she will be stuck as one making her want to grow up as soon as possible (basically not a 3000% trope ver like Ricken in this department. My god is that kid lol in personallity but that's another time)
She has really heartwarming moments when she starts to open up to people more, Hilda, Byleth, Cyril and even shows her more childish side around Hilda, Annette, and Felix displaying she is just a child.

Lysithea had huge development as you can see her change how she talks to people and socializes with them. She later opens up to numerous people and most of her questionable traits seemed to shrink during the time skip. Her demeanor and way of talking are more adult-like and you can see this more notably in her conversations with Edelgard and Ferdinand and when she is talking to Cyril later in their supports.
Her character isn't an academy award-winning, but her development to me was easily top 4 in the game. She went from Immature and pseudo rude to mature and leaning on the nice side (She still shows some childish traits but outside the minor displays she matured significantly)

Forgot to say she's busted in combat too. She has the best magic growth in the game with extremely high offense stats with dex and spd being another high standpoint. Lysithea is the best combat mage in the game offensively outclassing Hubert, Dorothea, and Annette in this department, with the best offensive spells with Luna, Hades, Seraphim, Dark spikes being extremely strong with access to healing with faith magic, warp which she does the best.
Later down the line, she can get 5 range with Thyrsus a staff that works with the crest of Gloucester and dark magic range +1 or white magic range + 1 with S in reason magic.
She has poor growth overall with the lowest in the game, but she gets her best growth in the only places she needs it since she's a mage who should not experience being hit at all except by counter-attacks by bosses or units who can retaliate from her full range.
Overall she is a massive glass canon who will do you wonders or do you the worst depending on the team and how she is personally used.

Lysithea has mastermind so she will be able to learn skills extremely fast with that beautiful 2x rate, and has strengths in authority, reason, and faith but has weaknesses in swords, armor, lances, and axes. Once she gets her budding talent for sword she loses the sword one making it technically 3.

Edited by End of time

On 9/3/2019 at 8:46 PM, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Dex is not remotely important for a mage. Each point of Dex is 0.5 hit, practically nothing. In fact, Luck gives just as much Hit and Crit (0.5 each), AND is worth +1 crit avo.

Or to think of it another way, the point in the game where Lysithea has access to Fire (+10 hit over her most accurate innate spell) is pretty much like giving her 20 additional Dex for the sake of accuracy.

I find it quite adequate. 

20 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Dex is not remotely important for a mage. Each point of Dex is 0.5 hit, practically nothing. In fact, Luck gives just as much Hit and Crit (0.5 each), AND is worth +1 crit avo.

Yeah, I figured it out after a time. 

Skill is not a big thing in this game. 

In general magic is still the most accurate and safest type to kill the fastest enemies. Even lance breaker against the fastest swordmasters is not most the accurate thing. 

The only time Lys's hitrate really matters is for the final boss in Golden Deer because she is the only one who really deals damage to it (luna), and hitrates against him are really low. But surrounding him works miracles for her accuracy.