What characters could retroactively be made Brawlers?

Jotari

I doubt we'll get any retconned gauntlet users outside of seasonal units.

While I can definitely envision gauntlets filling the void the currently exists for a physical melee colorless unit, the current problem is that there simply isn't enough characters that could be given the weapon. Beasts are the only truly new weapon type that was added to the game after launch (all other new weapon types were different colored versions of existing weapons that share their inheritable weapon pool), and they got 3 nearly back-to-back banners and no inheritable weapons in order to fill out the roster.

If gauntlets were to be added to Heroes, we'd end up either with no inheritable weapons again or they'd need enough of them in a short period of time to fill out a reasonable inheritable weapon pool.

On 8/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jotari said:

Well that, plus the brave effect all of them have.

I doubt they'll actually give them the brave effect if they get implemented in Heroes. It's too difficult to balance the effect on inheritable weapon, and removing the effect is well within the range of reasonable concessions to make on canonical weapon types.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit skeptical that we'll get gauntlets as a weapon type, partly because Three Houses itself hardly has anyone whose default weapon is a gauntlet. Raphael is the only character in the game who has gauntlets as his highest starting weapon rank (Caspar's an axe-user). If the game had several canon brawlers including one of the lords or another similarly popular character, it'd be more likely.

5 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm a bit skeptical that we'll get gauntlets as a weapon type, partly because Three Houses itself hardly has anyone whose default weapon is a gauntlet. Raphael is the only character in the game who has gauntlets as his highest starting weapon rank (Caspar's an axe-user). If the game had several canon brawlers including one of the lords or another similarly popular character, it'd be more likely.

They can always add gauntlet seasonal alts while we wait for another game to add more canon gauntlet users.

Only canon brawler is Raphael who is a Grappler post timeskip. They could make seasonal ones, but only one user of an entire weapon type that's canon is too much of a effort to actually make the damn weapon type

Hopefully, none of them, and I don’t want to see gauntlets/brass knuckles/“melee” weapons further in the series. It might have been fun as a one-time experiment (not unlike how the daggers/shuriken were in Fates) but not moving on. The brawlers should stay localised to FETH.

Edited by Vaximillian

• 1 month later...

Considering that gauntlets have a built-in brave effect, I half-jokingly can see IS giving Reinhardt a gauntlet alt (still on a horse, though, despite that not being possible in 3H.)

"Knuckles are everything!"

On 10/8/2019 at 12:30 AM, Mercakete said:

Considering that gauntlets have a built-in brave effect, I half-jokingly can see IS giving Reinhardt a gauntlet alt (still on a horse, though, despite that not being possible in 3H.)

"Knuckles are everything!"

Maybe Reinhardt as a centaur for next Halloween. Dire Horseshoes on the Thunder's Hooves himself sounds nice.

Characters from 3 houses who could get it - Raphael , Casper , Alois , Felix (could see being more sword though ) Byleth (if they do a seasonal versions of them? Seiros/Rhea (in 3 houses she has 3 sort of outfits . Arch Bishop , Casual and armor look . All 3 could be used for forms of Rhea/Seiros which one could use brawling )

Characters who could be brawlers in nature

Any Character who is  pretty much a fighter/warrior/berserker/pirate/armoured knight/general could easily fill this role 

Characters already released who could get different versions 

Bartre (Younger Version) , Hawkeye , the Wolfskins , Hector 

Complete guess but possibly as some reverse gauntlet or fist like combat could be sacred stones final boss the Fomorttis