Playable Sothis?

So, it’s no secret at this point that data-miners have discovered that Sothis as a playable unit pretty much exists in her entirety within the game files, complete with stats, growth rates, skill levels, character model, animations, battle dialogue... so the question is, do you think she’s going to be a playable DLC character, and if so, would people want that?

Her stats are pretty insane, with a better magic growth than even Lysithea, so personally I think it would be cool: with how cool the magic system is, I was kinda bummed to learn that Byleth’s magic growth and spell list were kinda mediocre, so having Sothis would be kinda neat. Probably would have to find some excuse for no one registering her presence in the story, but it would still be cool. Perhaps she and Byleth would be mutually exclusive in battle because they share the same body? It would be kinda neat if Byleth and Sothis leveled up together, and were sorta treated as the same unit, and you could just decide before battle which version to deploy. Anyway, I think it would be cool, and it feels like it would be a waste to make all those stats, animations, and battle lines for her only to never use them. 

I am fairly certain Sothis would be playable in the DLC, probably along with Rhea and Jeralt, both have completed character data package.

Only question is if they are usable throughout the game or only in DLC levels, the latter would be quite disappointing to me to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I am fairly certain Sothis would be playable in the DLC, probably along with Rhea and Jeralt, both have completed character data package.

Only question is if they are usable throughout the game or only in DLC levels, the latter would be quite disappointing to me to be honest.

Agreed. Though I suppose if they want to work it into the story, a fifth path in which

Spoiler

During Chapter 11, when Sothis would normally merge with Byleth, Byleth instead chooses to give up his/her body so Sothis can be reborn could be really interesting.

But yeah, ideally I’d prefer having her playable for the whole game. 

17 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Jeralt and Rhea do appear as a green units in some chapters, so it's no surprise their stats are included in the game. Sothis is still a mystery though.

Edited by Garlyle

I have a theory that the fifth story arc is going to be one where Jeralt doesn't die. That way you would never enter the Sealed Forest, which would give Sothis more time to figure out who she is and be playable later, and you'd get Jeralt as a playable character. I don't understand what other purpose there would be to giving him affection points from dialogue options while having zero supports if they don't plan on making him playable. 

17 minutes ago, Burklight said:

I have a theory that the fifth story arc is going to be one where Jeralt doesn't die. That way you would never enter the Sealed Forest, which would give Sothis more time to figure out who she is and be playable later, and you'd get Jeralt as a playable character. I don't understand what other purpose there would be to giving him affection points from dialogue options while having zero supports if they don't plan on making him playable. 

I’m guessing the support points from dialogue options were meant as a red herring so the player wouldn’t expect his death. Though it still was fairly obvious given the “I have something important to talk to you about, it can wait until after this mission, did we mention the name of this chapter is ‘The Cause of Sadness’?”

But that would be interesting, it’d be nice to have them both playable.

6 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

Agreed. Though I suppose if they want to work it into the story, a fifth path in which

Hide contents

During Chapter 11, when Sothis would normally merge with Byleth, Byleth instead chooses to give up his/her body so Sothis can be reborn could be really interesting.

But yeah, ideally I’d prefer having her playable for the whole game. 

Spoiler

How would that work when you pick BE? Is Edelgard then like: Join me to destroy the vile goddess .... which is you ..... and her corrupted church .... which is led by your daughter ..... yeah could you do me a favour and tell the world that crests are bad? That would really help me out ...

Edited by Nihilem

8 minutes ago, Nihilem said:
  Hide contents

How would that work when you pick BE? Is Edelgard then like: Join me to destroy the vile goddess .... which is you ..... and her corrupted church .... which is led by your daughter ..... yeah could you do me a favour and tell the world that crests are bad?

Spoiler

Well honestly, maybe? Like, from the impression I got, I feel like the first thing Sothis would do upon getting her body back is yell at her daughter for all the shady shit she’s done. I don’t think Sothis would have approved of the crest system, the inequality that comes with the nobility, creating false history to deceive the world, and, oh yeah, experimenting on people in an attempt to revive her... Rhea has done a lot of shady shit, and while I feel like Sothis would understand what her daughter had gone through, I also feel like “you’re grounded for life” would be among her first words to Rhea upon meeting her again, which would be glorious. Honestly, Sothis reappearing would kinda change everything, so it would be hard to predict how it would go. Though you might be locked into siding with the church if you picked the Black Eagles and became Sothis.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

15 minutes ago, Nihilem said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How would that work when you pick BE? Is Edelgard then like: Join me to destroy the vile goddess .... which is you ..... and her corrupted church .... which is led by your daughter ..... yeah could you do me a favour and tell the world that crests are bad? That would really help me out ...

Spoiler

Most of Edelgard campaign is against the church as a controlling institution more than against the religion. Hubert is the one who describes the goddess as "corrupted" IIRC. Sure Edelgard isn't her fan either, but I don't remember her displaying much hate, she actually names her in a couple dialogue (like your average person who mentions god).

That said, I'd like to see playable Jeralt more than Sothis, give me a DLC where it's somehow explained that he's somehow alive, I don't care if it doesn't hold up.

But do grow some 'stache dad, fuck's sake.

Edited by timon

10 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well honestly, maybe? Like, from the impression I got, I feel like the first thing Sothis would do upon getting her body back is yell at her daughter for all the shady shit she’s done. I don’t think Sothis would have approved of the crest system, the inequality that comes with the nobility, creating false history to deceive the world, and, oh yeah, experimenting on people in an attempt to revive her... Rhea has done a lot of shady shit, and while I feel like Sothis would understand what her daughter had gone through, I also feel like “you’re grounded for life” would be among her first words to Rhea upon meeting her again, which would be glorious. Honestly, Sothis reappearing would kinda change everything, so it would be hard to predict how it would go. Though you might be locked into siding with the church if you picked the Black Eagles and became Sothis.

Spoiler

Well at least it would make no sense to side with edelgard - also from gameplay perspective as the war would be over quite short . All Sothis has to do is to say: Hi i am Sothis - your Goddess - I decided for Edelgard to be my champion for a better world. Do not fight her. Join her.

And the war would be over essential. All under the assumption that she can prove her godessness. Which leads me to:

If Sothis is playable do you think she can somehow turn into a dragon? Like instead of using gambits? I always found the idea of monster units on your side quite interesting - and was

Spoiler

expecting to utilize them when joining the empire .... unfortunately they never had a mission with them. And if we are doing that ... lets redcon flay and seteht to also have their transforming abilities back. After all for what are Manaketes good when not to turn into a fricking dragon???

Edited by Nihilem

2 minutes ago, Nihilem said:
  Hide contents

Well at least it would make no sense to side with edelgard - also from gameplay perspective as the war would be over quite short . All Sothis has to do is to say: Hi i am Sothis - your Goddess - I decided for Edelgard to be my champion for a better world. Do not fight her. Join her.

And the war would be over essential. All under the assumption that she can prove her godessness. Which leads me to:

If Sothis is playable do you think she can somehow turn into a dragon? Like instead of using gambits? I always found the idea of monster units on your side quite interesting - and was

Hide contents

expecting to utilize them when joining the empire .... unfortunately they never had a mission with them

That would be cool, but honestly I doubt it. She seems much more magically focused. Then again, dragonstones are usually magic weapons in FE, so maybe.

Spoiler

As for the war being over faster, I doubt it. Rhea is so convinced of her own righteousness, if Sothis actually turned on her she’d probably go into full blown denial mode, deciding that Sothis’ has been corrupted by Byleth, and resolving to extract the crest stone and try again. Then she’d probably publicly accuse Sothis of heresy, of pretending to be the goddess. Bing, bang, boom, she whips her religious followers into a frenzy and the war begins.

2 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

That would be cool, but honestly I doubt it. She seems much more magically focused. Then again, dragonstones are usually magic weapons in FE, so maybe.

Hide contents

As for the war being over faster, I doubt it. Rhea is so convinced of her own righteousness, if Sothis actually turned on her she’d probably go into full blown denial mode, deciding that Sothis’ has been corrupted by Byleth, and resolving to extract the crest stone and try again. Then she’d probably publicly accuse Sothis of heresy, of pretending to be the goddess. Bing, bang, boom, she whips her religious followers into a frenzy and the war begins.

Spoiler

Yeah but why would she actually try to oppose Sothis? It is not like Rhea was clinging to much on the crest system - all she was doing is trying to resurrect Sothis. If Sothis would reveal the truth about the elites, I think Rhea is the first one to bravely stand by her side.

11 minutes ago, Nihilem said:
  Hide contents

Yeah but why would she actually try to oppose Sothis? It is not like Rhea was clinging to much on the crest system - all she was doing is trying to resurrect Sothis. If Sothis would reveal the truth about the elites, I think Rhea is the first one to bravely stand by her side.

Spoiler

Honestly it’s really hard to predict Rhea. She’s ancient and quite possibly insane (you could certainly make a strong case for her having PTSD at the very least), so I could see that conflict going a number of different ways, depending on how Sothis reacts to her. I honestly can’t predict how the story would play out. But Sothis reappearing would probably lead to a lot of strange stuff regardless.

Despite Sothis, Rhea, and Jeralt having unused animations and quotes and such, I wouldn't take them as an automatic indication that they'll be DLC.

In Echoes, Berkut has a whole list of unused dialogue that seemed to indicate possibly being playable at some point, yet even with DLC, that never came.

4 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:
  Hide contents

Honestly it’s really hard to predict Rhea. She’s ancient and quite possibly insane (you could certainly make a strong case for her having PTSD at the very least), so I could see that conflict going a number of different ways, depending on how Sothis reacts to her. I honestly can’t predict how the story would play out. But Sothis reappearing would probably lead to a lot of strange stuff regardless.

Spoiler

It seems that Sothis was able to speak to Rhea too in Rhea's S ending

Also noted that one of Soths' lines in FEH was 

"This form you see... It is ephemeral. My true form is… Well, I cannot reveal it here."

yeah, totally not suspicious.

17 hours ago, Timlugia said:

I see zero reason for any of these characters to be playable. Just because they exist in the game data doesn't mean they were ever intended to be used that way.

24 minutes ago, bufkus said:

I see zero reason for any of these characters to be playable. Just because they exist in the game data doesn't mean they were ever intended to be used that way.

Yeah, I didn't explain it on this thread, but in another one

DLC logo is a wolf on a planet, with file name "Silver wolf"

symbol-silver-wolf.png

As we know, Sothis is an Egyptian name for Sirius, which is known as 天狼(sky wolf) in Chinese and Kanji Japanese. In fact it's Sothis' special in both language of FEH

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sothis:_Girl_on_the_Throne

It's pretty obvious that DLC is about Sothis.

Besides, one of her lines in FEH was "This form you see... It is ephemeral. My true form is… Well, I cannot reveal it here"

She also has the critical line "Revenge, it lives!" (also existed in TH datamine). This quote doesn't make sense in the current setting since Sothis never recover her memory until just before she fused with Byleth, who was she going to revenge to? Byleth didn't learn about the manner of her death or her murderer until end of church or GD route from Rhea. Yet this quote is used in FEH already, to me it implies there will be content regarding Sothis "after" she recover her memory, or even post game. (since she's clearly addressing either Nemesis or TWISTD)

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Human said:

Also, has anyone noticed that after the ashen wolves came out there is still another DLC spot under academy byleth in the expansion pass description

There is also one half developed character in the datamine, which profile strangely updated with DLC

Dev said they were done with DLCs, so maybe there is nothing related. There is a slight chance they would do free updates later, but as I said, only slightly chance.