Favorite Themed Teams?

Mercakete

Sometimes (I find, especially for things like Tap Battle since team composition doesn't have as much consequence in this mode) it's fun to make a team of characters that share some connection or other. (Like, for example, my Duma team, which has Fallen Celica, Fallen Berkut, Fallen Delthea, and Duma on it.) Do you have any favorite themed teams you like to field when you get the chance?

Given the most recent Tap Battle's first set of stages, I put together a Bunny Heroes team (that is, bunny-costumed units who originate from FEH. So, Bunny Alfonse, Bunny Sharena, Bunny Veronica and Bunny Bruno.) It was funny to see Veronica talk about finding her brother with Bunny Bruno across the screen from her. X3

The existence of Character Emblem teams is a joy, especially Azura since in Tap Battle, I can kinda imagine she's singing the song (such as with the Three Houses Tap Battle, the song Edge of Dawn).

A minor personal favorite of mine is Chrom and M!Corrin, since they do legit meet each other and seem likely to be good friends in the free Awakening DLC in Fates (unlike the Amiibo characters in Fates), and they just so happen to make up one of my strongest team comps.

I've used an all bunny team for TT before. I believe it was Bunny Palla, Bunny Catria, Bunny Sharena, and Bunny Alfonse. I'd have put Bunny Xander in place of Catria, but she was a bonus unit at the time. Bunnies are cute!

I also frequently use Team OTP for stuff like FB, Tap Battle, and even some infernal maps. That's a team comprised of my two main FE OTPs, Ike and Elincia and Frederick and female Robin. This team specifically is RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Summer Frederick, and Summer Robin so the colors are balanced. And there's a refresher in it! XD Who'd have thunk that would happen?

These are the only two notable themes I've done though.

One thing I am happy about Brave Camilla is that to my view she synergizes not too bad with Beruka and Selena. And I intend to make a Theme of that. Also I'd rather not wanted to use a Seasonal Camilla for this theme so it kind of feels more fitting. So I intend to make this Team work as good as possible for modes like Arena Assault. If I will be successful in something like Abyssal maps I don't know. But I just might try. Only the 4th slot needs someone.. I could go down with Azura here who is not completely unfitting. 

Edited by Stroud

One team I've actually used quite a lot is one consisting of all four CYL 2 characters. They work surprisingly well together, having two armor units where one of them has Armor March, one healer that can keep the armors healthy and one infantry that can support with Reposition or take something out if necessary. They include one sword, lance and axe unit, so I often use them to clear the Lunatic quests for Story and Paralogue maps.

This summer I got exactly enough summer units to make a Brigade of only Heroes wearing swimsuits, so I've had a bit of fun with that. There's still not room enough for them all in Aether Resort sadly, but it's pretty fun to make it look like a complete beach resort. I'm hoping one of the summer units next year is a dancer (or perhaps a healer), as that would fit nicely on the team.

Yeah! For modes like Arena Assault, too, I enjoy making themed teams. I have a couple of sets I like to arrange:

Picnic Flora, Felicia, Genny + Lukas (with the occasional Leo)

NY Azura, Camilla, Corrin + Takumi

Masked, Spring, Brave + Legendary Lucina

Spring, Xmas, Vanilla + Knight Chrom

Summer Xander, Leo, Takumi + HS!Ryoma

Valentines Roy, Lilina, Hector + Lyn (with the occasional Eliwood)

Oh, two themes I'd like to try at some point though!

Suekane Kumiko team - the two Freddys, Tibarn, and Ishtar (since I got Ishtar recently). She drew all of them.

Smash team - RD Ike, legendary Marth, female Robin, female Corrin. I have to 5 star Corrin though.

There are some fun teams out there!

I put together a team to fight Brave Eliwood of Brave Eliwood, Brave Hector, Brave Lyn, and Ninian (since, as it turns out, I don't have Brave Roy.) I also got a team ready to fight Brave Camilla using her seasonal/special siblings, but I don't have Bathtime Elice, so I put Minizura in instead (even though she's not technically a seasonal.) Dancing Xander, New Year's Corrin, Picnic Leo, and Minizura. Hmm who should I throw together to fight Michaiah? Maybe I'll do a Griel's Mercenaries assault. I still don't have any form of Mist, though. >_< So, I guess it'll be Ike, Soren, Griel and Titania. I have Oscar, too, of course, but the others are higher up in the mercenaries' hierarchy. (2 commanders, a deputy, and a tactician.)

Ah, I did go at Tap Battle with an all-refresher team before! Dancing Xander, Reyson, Minizura, and Ninian, so there was a male and female rep for singing and dancing each! I've also been trying to put together a couple combat-usage teams for a while, but I'm still missing 1 character each: The Nifl siblings (minus Fjorm and plus Laevatein) still needs Gunnthra, and my Tacticians Team (based on one of the Daily Life of Heroes comics) still needs Katarina. (Besides her, it's made up of Soren, Sias, and Fem Robin) Ah, and Team Flying Dragons still needs Legendary Robin and Naga (ironically.)

Edit: Continued using themed teams for tap battle. It was interesting using Ephraim, Lyon, Joshua and Innes in Extra Stage 3! Huh, looking at their colors, they actually could make a pretty balanced team. (Using Summer Innes since he's the only one I have.) I could've used Eirika and/or L'Arachel, but the team was limited to four and I preferred sticking with the guys. Made the team more themed. (Also, I don't have Tana, otherwise I guess I could've thrown Myrrh on there.)

Edited by Mercakete

My favorite theme team is the Whitewings: Est, Palla, Catria, & Minerva! I have the spring variants too, so that can add some variety. Although, it has been awhile since I've had the opportunity to field them all together, since HM caps are a thing. But it's still fun to get them together if I can! Now, if only I could +10 Minerva. Perhaps one day IS will let me realize my dreams and release her from the limitations of being an older 5* exclusive.

I've been running my infantry Lyn team for a long time now:

Lyn [+Spd] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, [junk skill], Def Ploy 3) [Wind]
Legendary Lucina [+Atk] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
Legendary Lyn [+Spd] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, [junk skill], Distant Def 3)
Bride Lyn [+Spd] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Res 2, Drive Def 2)

Never mind that one of them isn't a Lyn since there isn't a blue infantry Lyn. For Arena Assault, I usually replace vanilla Lyn with vanilla Lucina.

There's also the loli dragon armor team of Halloween Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, Winter Fae, and Marathon Runner Tiki, though I occasionally switch some of them out depending on what I need for a map.

And if I had a Winter Ephraim worth building (and if Brave Hector weren't just flat-out better than him and more available), I could also have Armor Ephraim and His Armor Little Sisters with Halloween Myrrh, Winter Ephraim, Brave Ephraim, and Winter Eirika.

The tri-lords of Blazing Blade + random Elibe unit of the week/duplicate lord is the only real themed team I use often. It's fun and and thanks to their abundant alts I can keep the theme going while still having lots of flexibility.

I really want to make a Sugita Tomokazu team with 3 chroms + oliver but I never know how to go about building my chroms so they only see action in Tap Battles

A favorite one I eventually want to make is a Brave Heroes build with Roy, Ike, Lucina, and Lyn. All of them together (especially near Lucina) seems like the perfect team.

I do hope IS eventually puts Gangrel and Validar into the game. I've been wanting to make a team with them, F-Grima, and Walhart as an Awakening Antagonists team.

10 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I do hope IS eventually puts Gangrel and Validar into the game. I've been wanting to make a team with them, F-Grima, and Walhart as an Awakening Antagonists team.

I agree. Though I'm a bit "meh" on Awakening on the whole (neither loving it nor hating it) Gangrel and Validar stand out to me. I'd also like Emmeryn in the game so I can support her to Gangel, like I was unable to do in Awakening. Also, Validar needs some quality time with his kid/grandkid. Methinks he'd be especially proud of M!Morgan for wielding Grima's Truth (I think that's what his tome was called.) I know my Male Fallen Robin's going through a tough parenting phase. He keeps having to smack down F!Morgan (since she uses a blue tome and he's the green unit on my all-purpose team.)

I think the Awakening Antagonists team is a good idea! I hope you get to realize it soon!

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I agree. Though I'm a bit "meh" on Awakening on the whole (neither loving it nor hating it) Gangrel and Validar stand out to me. I'd also like Emmeryn in the game so I can support her to Gangel, like I was unable to do in Awakening. Also, Validar needs some quality time with his kid/grandkid. Methinks he'd be especially proud of M!Morgan for wielding Grima's Truth (I think that's what his tome was called.) I know my Male Fallen Robin's going through a tough parenting phase. He keeps having to smack down F!Morgan (since she uses a blue tome and he's the green unit on my all-purpose team.)

I think the Awakening Antagonists team is a good idea! I hope you get to realize it soon!

I want Emmeryn in the game too XD
Yeah it's Grima's Truth. And the only reason I said Female instead of Male Grima is because the latter and Walhart are both Green. With Female Grima and Walhart, we could complete the weapon triangle by making Validar blue and Gangrel red.

With the addition of Bantu, I can finally create my Old Guys team!! Bantu, Jeigan, Gunter and Wrys! =D (This was one of the first themed teams I wanted to build, back when the game was just starting! I hope Bantu complains about being old or he'll ruin the old man gripe that makes this team special.) Also, I think they all have the same artist, actually.