Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries! (August 29th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Micaiah: Queen of Dawn
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Alm: Imperial Ascent
    • Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
    • Eliwood: Marquess Pherae
    • Hector: General of Ostia
    • Camilla: Light of Nohr
    • Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2019 at 02:55 AM

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Icelerate said:

You could say the same about elections. 

Of course you could, but for those, given the MUCH higher stakes, you definitely want to buy into the fiction that your vote counts. And it isn't so worthless -in the more local elections most people forget about. And it does in the US presidential, if you live in a swing state, in a swing district. Again, you want to buy into the fiction, because politics affects your life, which amalgams of pixels in a mobile game doesn't.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Having the protagonist change thanks to his journey is one of the things that are ESSENTIAL for an interesting story, which means that RD!Ike actively fails at being a protagonist something that no other lord in the series does.

Not quite. 😉

Tales of Vesperia's Yuri Lowell just has to be badass doing his own thing that differs from everyone else to be awesome. The story fails in spite of him, not because he is already developed in his ways. Seriously, Yuri is the saving grace of a weak central narrative.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I am on WOF!Hinoka's team right now. I have Cordelia as my lead. Other +10s I have are BH!Lyn, BB!Cordelia, BB!Lyn, Olivia, Reinhardt, and NS!F!Corrin. I should probably build up some greens.

As expected by me, Micaiah (20k in the first hour) is the most popular character in this Voting Gauntlet, following by Camilla (13k) and then Ike (6k).

As the predictor shows, Hinoka is the Team Feathers of this round, because despite getting more points than Hector in the first hour (she got 3k and Hector got 2k), she is against one of the most popular characters in this VG.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Wait is Hinoka not gonna do good?

Do you remember the last time Hinoka tried to take on Camilla in a VG? If so, then you don’t want to remember it because it got very ugly very quickly.

I'm on team Micaiah and running a +10 Black Knight as my lead (only fitting, as someone else said in this thread).  Feel free to add me!  Friend code 7328867494

Go Micaiah!  And at least if she loses, I can join Ike!

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Do you remember the last time Hinoka tried to take on Camilla in a VG? If so, then you don’t want to remember it because it got very ugly very quickly.

Well, it looks like Team Hinoka is able to catch up with only one bonus hour, so it isn't a curbstomp.

I am currently Team Ike. Of the underdogs he is my favorite I think. Him or Hector anyways. Though I don't know why I bother trying to feather merc anymore. I have hit a level of activity where I don't score well one way or the other.

Anyways I have my standard Myrrh up for grabs.

@Tybrosion Your Haar paid me several visits on my run for the orbs. Sadly he did so when the enemy had a large number of reds. Lots of Tibarns actually. I thought he was a Hawk not a rabbit.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, it looks like Team Hinoka is able to catch up with only one bonus hour, so it isn't a curbstomp.

Ice Dragon said something important. When Camilla and Hinoka had their first combat, multipliers didn't exist. One multiplier in the right hour can make the difference.

Just to remember:

Wyvern Riders vs. Pegasus Knights
Hinoka: 699,337,437
Camilla: 5,666,204,593

Of course, without multipliers, Micaiah, Berkut, Eliwood and Camilla would be the winners of Round 1.

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ice Dragon said something important.

Yes, and something that I already knew fully well. I know that VG had no multipliers and thus was in a much better day, I’m not that stupid.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yes, and something that I already knew fully well. I know that VG had no multipliers and thus was in a much better day, I’m not that stupid.

Oh sorry if I insulted you. It was not my intention.

It's just that I didn't remember when the multipliers started, and it was in the VG after the Wyvern Riders vs. Pegasus Knights one.

Ike and Micaiah are by far the biggest teams here. One of the big ones has to go down already. That kind of stinks. But oh well. At least Tellius has the most support this go! GO TELLIUS.

I kind of find it funny that the Team Hinoka's multiplier hours earn perfectly enough points to put the match back on Same again instead of falling short or giving Team Camilla a multiplier.

I wonder how big a Camilla multiplier will hit and how many hours it will take to recover from it (looks like about 3 hours). Honestly, this falls right about where I think the sweet spot is for having a high chance of getting a last-hour upset multiplier.

If Micaiah loses, I’ll go to one of Camilla, Hinoka, or Eliwood in that order. Not like I still kept even a grain of fuck to give about the gauntlet anyway, of course.

Honestly, I’d love for Ike and Camilla to retire from the gauntlets indefinitely.

Ike is probably sadly losing, and I doubt Hinoka will win. I guess maybe I'll join Eliwood or Alm if one of them moves on. If all four lose...well, no idea.

Shame, Ike having wins for both his main versions would be the best thing ever. I'm surprised he's not gotten more support in this than he has due to his popularity. Sure, sword infantry is an oversaturated unit type, but everybody has RD Ike for free, and wouldn't most players pick their favorite? Ike is a wide favorite...

If RD Ike were to get that win though, I do agree any Ikes shouldn't show up in gauntlets again for a long time.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

What happened to all the Ike fans? I guess most of his, and other character supporters only care about how strong they are as units. 

I can only think it's a combination of Ike being the boring sword infantry unit type and his PoR self already having a gauntlet win as well as going against the shiny new Micaiah. As stated before, some would like if both Tellius lords could win.

Which on one hand, even for me, would be neat, since I do have Tellius bias. I may not like Micaiah as a character, but I can appreciate anything good she does for Tellius, just like I appreciate that Awakening saved FE entirely even though I don't like the game.

And if we one day get a Tellius remake and Micaiah ends up improved as a character, then awesome, I can finally like her. I did want to like her to begin with, not even just because she's part of Tellius, but also because she has a good design. But her writing as is did not sit well with me at all, and she needs better stats. I always had a hard time keeping her alive because she has poor Spd and Def. Ike was just so much easier to use as well as already being someone I loved in PoR and someone that just got even cooler looking. He has the same Spd growth, but his bases are amazing and he has other good growths, so...

Edited by Anacybele