Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries! (August 29th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Micaiah: Queen of Dawn
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Alm: Imperial Ascent
    • Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
    • Eliwood: Marquess Pherae
    • Hector: General of Ostia
    • Camilla: Light of Nohr
    • Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2019 at 02:55 AM

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait was Alm the only Brave Echo to not win R1?

Wow... that's kinda sad. Think I'll head over to Micaiah and have WoM!Hinoka support.

@Anacybele is it really worth missing out on feathers, orbs, and hard to get resources just because everyone you'd support is out?

Edited by Xenomata

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Guess I'm joining Eliwood. If he loses, I don't think I'll participate anymore. There won't be anyone left I'd be interested in joining at all.

Do you also dislike Berkut? I didn't remember that. If so, instead of losing the rewards you could simply join the rest of Ike's fans in team Micaiah and fight for Tellius. Putting aside differences for the good of Tellius, which is the whole message of Radiant Dawn I guess.

Or you could join whoever is against Micaiah to avenge Ike like lots of players do in VGs. Your call.

@Xenomata This question doesn't work with her. Some people, including me, already asked it before in previous VG topics and the answer is always the same: "I don't care".

@Vicious Sal It's because she likes Ike and dislikes Micaiah. It was the same in the Children's Day VG, which "Tiki deserved more than Nino" or "Yune was the best character in that VG", even that it's clear that Nino was the most popular character in all 3 rounds of that VG.

Yune had her victory since the first hour, and she deserved this victory. Ike winning because he got the multiplier, despite being less popular than Micaiah in this VG would not be a fair win, like previous VGs. And honestly... I am happy that Ike lost. 

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Welp, I am jumping over to Berkut I guess. I don't have any of the others. Though technically I haven't used my free pick yet. But I was planning to pick Micaiah if I didn't get anything from the banner, and that appears to be what will be the case. So if I help Berkut win I may also help him stab me in the foot at the same time. But he'll enjoy that I am sure.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

is it really worth missing out on feathers, orbs, and hard to get resources just because everyone you'd support is out?

I wish people would stop asking me this every time I say I'll skip or might skip a round. I've done it before, it doesn't matter to me.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Do you also dislike Berkut? I didn't remember that. If so, instead of losing the rewards you could simply join the rest of Ike's fans in team Micaiah and fight for Tellius. Putting aside differences for the good of Tellius, which is the whole message of Radiant Dawn I guess.

Or you could join whoever is against Micaiah to avenge Ike like lots of players do in VGs. Your call. 

No, but I also don't like Berkut either since I didn't play enough of Echoes to form a real opinion of him. I don't like Micaiah at all, nor do I have her, so there's no reason for me to join her. I do have Eliwood and Alm, that's why I wanted to join them.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hello! Are you a new player in FEH?

Nope, we've talked on previous VG topics! I just don't read much on it and wasn't too sure on how it worked.

On 8/31/2019 at 11:10 AM, lightcosmo said:

Nope, we've talked on previous VG topics! I just don't read much on it and wasn't too sure on how it worked.

Oh, ok.

Voting Gauntlets grant some bonus multipliers to the one that is behind, so this character can catch up.

It started in the 3rd VG, because they didn't want it to happen again:

Edited by Diovani Bressan

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Do behind units always get multipliers to catch up in points? If so, that's not really fair, is it?

Yup, they do. And it’s pretty much all because salty sore losers couldn’t handle watching Lucina and Camilla destroy their teams in the first two gauntlets (neither of which had this multiplier shit).

Oh and if anyone cares, I’m with Camilla now after Ike’s expected defeat.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Yup, they do. And it’s pretty much all because salty sore losers couldn’t handle watching Lucina and Camilla destroy their teams in the first two gauntlets (neither of which had this multiplier shit).

Excuse me, if I recall, most people were just bored because the winners were obvious from the beginning. I know I was bored.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, ok.

Voting Gauntlets grant some bonus multipliers to the one that is behind, so this character can catch up.

It started in the 3rd VG, because they didn't want it to happen again:

image.png.bd130ed805d840338eea39424662febe.png

Ouch... that's pretty bad. But if it happens, then the character ahead deserved it, I think.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Oh and if anyone cares, I’m with Camilla now after Ike’s expected defeat.

Oh, I can understand this, people are always salty after losing, what's changed? It's too bad people take it so seriously, though.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Ouch... that's pretty bad. But if it happens, then the character ahead deserved it, I think.  

Oh, I can understand this, people are always salty after losing, what's changed? It's too bad people take it so seriously, though.

The disadvantage multiplier triggers in the 2nd hour forward, so you can see who deserves to win in the 2nd hour of each round. Round 1 was Micaiah, Berkut, Eliwood and Camilla that deserved to win. The 2nd round shows that Micaiah and Camilla are the ones that deserves the victory.

This is just a game mode. I also don't know why people takes it so serious... If the reward fof winning was orbs, yes... I would be salty by losing orbs... But it's just 500 feathers, which can be easily obtained.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Excuse me, if I recall, most people were just bored because the winners were obvious from the beginning. I know I was bored.

The match-ups being predictable should have been solved by making the match-ups less predictable instead of introducing rubberbanding that tends to punish bigger teams for success.

27 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The match-ups being predictable should have been solved by making the match-ups less predictable instead of introducing rubberbanding that tends to punish bigger teams for success.

No way. That lowers the number of matchups we can possibly have and by extension, the gauntlet themes we can have. Imo, this mode should've never been treated as a popularity contest at all.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

No way. That lowers the number of matchups we can possibly have and by extension, the gauntlet themes we can have. Imo, this mode should've never been treated as a popularity contest at all.

But “popularity contest” is the whole premise of the mode to begin with. You suggest that the mode should have never existed, and I can’t not agree.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But “popularity contest” is the whole premise of the mode to begin with. You suggest that the mode should have never existed, and I can’t not agree.

Except you never really just voted in this mode, you battled to raise a score and get the highest.

@Anacybele No, if you didn't care you'd do the 5 required battles per round and then ditch the mode til the next round. What you're doing is boycotting the mode once things stop going your way.
You do no one any favors by saying you aren't going partake at all: you as a single person don't affect the sway of the results pretty much at all, you don't get any valuable resources, and then here you are attracting attention you're sick of getting. People would at least understand if you picked a side, did the 5 battles, and left it at that.

But whatever, you do you I guess. Not like I'm a big fan of these gauntlets anyway...

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except you never really just voted in this mode, you battled to raise a score and get the highest.

But your score is in favour of one of the contestants, and thus is the measure of their “popularity”. The more players on a given team raise scores, the better the contestant is doing.