Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries! (August 29th)

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Brave Rivalries!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What army will you support?

• Micaiah: Queen of Dawn
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Alm: Imperial Ascent
    • Berkut: Purgatorial Prince
    • Eliwood: Marquess Pherae
    • Hector: General of Ostia
    • Camilla: Light of Nohr
    • Hinoka: Blue Sky Warrior

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2019 at 02:55 AM

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Each battle counts as votes. It is basically the same

41 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But your score is in favour of one of the contestants, and thus is the measure of their “popularity”. The more players on a given team raise scores, the better the contestant is doing.

Not when that score constantly differs from player to player due to flags existing. These aren't real "votes" at all to me.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish that for once, we can have a Gauntlet thread that doesn't dive into this ridiculous discussion.

That being said, Micaiah seems to be unsurprisingly dominating her battle. Haven't been able to catch a multiplier yet, though.

Micaiah may definitely become the next Lyn or Camilla and get a bunch of alts in the future. Her popularity is insane! If Eliwood loses this round to Camilla (which I hope he doesn’t), I’m definitley hopping over to the M Train.

Man, the inevitable 3H gauntlets are going to be VICIOUS lol—especially when all 3 lords will probably end up winning CYL4! 

As for Alm losing his first round, I’m not surprised. Alt-wise, Berkut’s is much more fan-satisfying and interesting than Alm’s MemeArmor, even if it IS drawn by the immaculate Hidari. 

I started on team Ike and went to Berkut. I'll be going to Micaiah in the final round, but I pretty much go feather merc in this mode now.

Titania is my lead, but let me know if anyone want to change it.

47 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Micaiah may definitely become the next Lyn or Camilla and get a bunch of alts in the future. Her popularity is insane! If Eliwood loses this round to Camilla (which I hope he doesn’t), I’m definitley hopping over to the M Train.

Man, the inevitable 3H gauntlets are going to be VICIOUS lol—especially when all 3 lords will probably end up winning CYL4! 

As for Alm losing his first round, I’m not surprised. Alt-wise, Berkut’s is much more fan-satisfying and interesting than Alm’s MemeArmor, even if it IS drawn by the immaculate Hidari. 

I'm already feeling all the potential debates that the 3H gauntlets might cause

Hidari's art style it's amazing; but Berkut's alt was overall more creative and interesting indeed.

What do you think could be the next Micaiah alt IS will do?

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

What do you think could be the next Micaiah alt IS will do?

I can't imagine this either, armor/cavalry effective is all she has and we already have all tri-color of her.

Maybe as healer for colorless.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Not when that score constantly differs from player to player due to flags existing. These aren't real "votes" at all to me.

The Flags and Ballots is just to control us, to limit ours votes. What differs each player are the multipliers.Havings multipliers is not a fair thing, but no vote limit are more unfair because some people can play more than the others. We all have the same amount of Flags and we can have the same amount of Ballots.

WIthout multipliers, Ike wouldn't have a chance against Micaiah, Alm wouldn't have a chance against Berkut...

@Icelerate Ok, cool! These are the results for the Round 1, right? I didn't check today my rank, so it's cool to know my final rank for Round 1. Right now I am Army's Rank 57,871, with a score of 4,344, and a Total Rank 5,021, with a Total Score of 1,913,175.

If Eliwood loses to Camilla, I'll join whichever of Micaiah or Berkut wins. Since at that point I wouldn't have any of them and of the three I hate Camilla the most. That said, there's no point in being salty even if she does win because I'm just in VG for the rewards and HM.

As for Micaiah herself, well ... I do think Micaiah is legitimately popular in general, but I also feel like she's riding the wave of being a good unit in FEH as well. Dual effectiveness against two really annoying enemy types, using magic, being not-red for her base form and having a dancer alt does pretty well for you as a unit. Unfortunately, Ike was kind of screwed in terms of alts because all of his alts are physical and two of them showed up early and have been powercrept by this point.

But, I don't care to go down that Ike vs. Micaiah road in its entirety. Not to mention that popularity in FEH, especially past CYL year 1 doesn't necessarily equal popularity amongst people who are FE fans but not FEH fans. Basically, I'm saying that there's almost a different crowd nowadays and two games don't intersect THAT much. Again, what happens in VG shouldn't be a big deal.

We all know that Edelgard will be the next big female character in FE anyway lol

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

We all know that Edelgard will be the next big female character in FE anyway lol

I said it before, in a different topic, but I will repeat myself here: I can easily see CYL 4 been taken by Three Houses Characters. Edelgard is a strong candidate for the Women Side, while if both Dimitri and Claude get both 1st and 2nd place, I will not be surprised.

However, I want to be able to vote for the precious Gatekeeper!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

The idea of 3H taking both on the men's side for CYL4 would mean a fourth defeat for Marth. What is to be made of his near-failure last time? Reason to try, try one more time? Or did it exhaust all hopes for him and the Marthites have surrendered into apathy?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The idea of 3H taking both on the men's side for CYL4 would mean a fourth defeat for Marth. What is to be made of his near-failure though last time? Reason to try, try one more time? Or did it exhaust all hopes for him and the Marthites have surrendered into apathy?

I would like to see Marth as a Brave Hero, but CYL 3 was his best chance of getting it. I don't see him getting this time.

As a person who voted for Marth in previous CYL (literally, all votes were for Marth) , I am not sure if I will vote for him this time. My votes will be for Claude... and the Gatekeeper, if he is available.

I'd still like for Marth to get a Brave version of himself, if only because he is the first lord and because he got fucked over in CYL2 because of split votes.

More selfishly though, I'd also like Eirika to get a CYL version of herself at some point because she's the only GBA lord who doesn't have one now. Also, if Camilla who has always had way more alts than she ever did (despite being not a lord and less popular than Lyn, Lucina, and Celica) can get CYL3, then why the heck should Eirika or anyone else, for that matter, be considered to have "too many alts" to have a CYL alt?

Like, my main priority for CYL is to still vote for characters I like who are not in the game, but if it's somehow acceptable to vote for Camilla to have a CYL alt despite her literally having more alts than any single character in the game, then it's essentially okay for us all to be selfish and vote for characters who have lots of alts at this point.

While in voting gauntlet news, I'm having difficulties trying to decide how to spend my flags because Camilla is giving Eliwood too many multiplier hours. Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

While in voting gauntlet news, I'm having difficulties trying to decide how to spend my flags because Camilla is giving Eliwood too many multiplier hours. Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow.

Assuming you are doing mercenary work and are spending all flags each round, I do 400 Flags with 8 Battle Ballots at around midnight of the first day, 800 Flags with 8 Battle Ballots around morning the second day, and then 800 Flags with 8 Battle Ballots during final hours of the round at night of the second day. You basically want to use Battle Ballots and Flags as late as possible during a round to maximize score.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:25 PM, Vaximillian said:

But your score is in favour of one of the contestants, and thus is the measure of their “popularity”. The more players on a given team raise scores, the better the contestant is doing.

This isn't a popularity contest. It's a game of hot potato where your team works together to try to push a giant potato into the other team's court and have time run out when it's there, and the multiplier exists to help keep the potato near the middle of the field.

Imagine a court that's sloped on either side so that gravity pushes the potato back towards the middle (and the slope increases as the match continues). The slope is there to make sure the bigger team can't just bulldoze their way through the smaller team, but they can still get the potato out of their own court faster than the smaller team.

If it doesn't function like a popularity contest, then it isn't a popularity contest. Simple as that. As far as I'm aware, there no recent verbiage in Japanese insinuating that it's a popularity contest, so if they're still implying it's a popularity contest in English, that's the localization team's fault.

Edited by Ice Dragon

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This isn't a popularity contest. It's a game of hot potato where your team works together to try to push a giant potato into the other team's court and have time run out when it's there, and the multiplier exists to help keep the potato near the middle of the field.

Imagine a court that's sloped on either side so that gravity pushes the potato back towards the middle (and the slope increases as the match continues). The slope is there to make sure the bigger team can't just bulldoze their way through the smaller team, but they can still get the potato out of their own court faster than the smaller team.

If it doesn't function like a popularity contest, then it isn't a popularity contest. Simple as that. As far as I'm aware, there no recent verbiage in Japanese insinuating that it's a popularity contest, so if they're still implying it's a popularity contest in English, that's the localization team's fault.

This post exactly.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Okay, now Micaiah and Berkut stuck at same hell. Especially, in last 2 hours of the round...

Not only that, but Camilla and Eliwood are in the same hell as well!

I believe we didn't have a double same hell in round 2 near the end before

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not only that, but Camilla and Eliwood are in the same hell as well!

I believe we didn't have a double same hell in round 2 near the end before

I still have 900 flags ready and I don't plan to carry them to the Final T^T

Ranking in final round is the hardest thing for me to score top 1000.

Edited by Ginko

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I still have 900 flags ready and I don't plan to carry them to the Final T^T

I’m dumping some now, Micaiah should be able to get the advantage in the next hour. Whatever you do, don’t spend any in the next (penultimate) hour.

I missed the multis yesterday and one hasn't happened for Micaiah since I woke up, aha ha ha ...

I was so good at the old system, too! Though, I mean, the new system is better. I just don't have quite the same grasp of timing yet.