QOL Changes You’d Like To See In Patches

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Why would there need to be a jump button?

I need to jump over the shrubbery between the entrances to the various lower level dorm rooms and the main path.

This isn't realistic but man I would love a way to "branch of fate" style start at the time skip, just give me default house with no recruits / average stats / minimal whatever. I played all 4 routes, and I'd like to do all 3 on lunatic (lol silver snow) but the thought of going through chapters 1-12 AGAIN is not appetizing.

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

I need to jump over the shrubbery between the entrances to the various lower level dorm rooms and the main path.

Use the stairs like a normal person.

Units being able to use items (read -statboosters) from within the convoy, instead of having to move it to their inventory each time.

Also, I hate how in battle preps, you get different stats screens between looking at the deploy list, and looking on the map. Just give the map-style stat screen in the unit list, it has larger print and lists things like AS.

Building off that, I wish there was a larger-text option in general, but I don't see that happening. 

Some of these have been mentioned but I have a lot of small problems so I'll just list them all:

• On canceling a unit's action, send the cursor back to their starting point. I've begun to get used to this, but it's so dumb that they changed this at all. Most of the time this is because you placed the unit one square off from where you want them, so this just adds tedium.
  • Stop re-locating my unit when I determine their path and then hover over an enemy. I think this only happens when attacking from range, but it's really annoying to select a unit, take them where I want them (but without selecting to move them there), then hover over to click the enemy directly only to have the game decide to have them move somewhere else.
  • Fix the UI. All of it. Why is it so hard to view a character's class exp? Why can't I see the exact amount of progress (the numbers) a unit has in any given field on most screens? Why can I only view class prerequisites from the certifications menu? When setting goals, why can't I see a character's strengths and weaknesses until I've selected? Why is Sothis' Shield at the very top of Byleth's options and doesn't even ask for confirmation when selected?
  • Some supports are not time skip locked, but chapter locked. Make it clearer what these are somehow. I've missed supports I had no idea I even could miss yet because of this.
  • Let us just select Byleth supports from the menu. Why do I have to have her walk around randomly or wait for the character to come to me during the week? This makes very little sense, and it's particularly annoying because these supports max out motivation, so players might want to wait for a specific time.
  • Make it easier to get our preferred paired endings. The "closest allies" menu as it is is not very good.
  • Let us equip new abilities and combat arts when we learn them rather than only in preparations. The 3DS games did this, why isn't it here?
  • Let us access the new game+ menu when deciding what to do, not just when exploring.
  • Let us press left to select the maximum amount of an item to buy. Seriously, wtf, how is this not possible in an RPG in 2019?

That's all for now. I have other problems but they are bigger and more gameplay effecting things.

Allow us to gift straight from the menu, no reason to have it locked during exploration. It feels really bad to have to explore just to motivate enough students for your next teaching session, or to be forced to fully motivate up to 16 students every time you do explore.

As an extension of this, let us access the Southern and Eastern merchants from the calendar menu since we're allowed access to the Blacksmith and Armory already.

EDIT: Since crops only take a week to mature, just send the results straight to the convoy the week after you plant them instead of having to explore and manually harvest them. Pointless busywork.

Edited by Humanoid

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Since crops only take a week to mature, just send the results straight to the convoy the week after you plant them instead of having to explore and manually harvest them. Pointless busywork. 

Only if it still is easy to safe scum for certain fruits.

A lot of these suggestions read more to me like "please make it harder for me to fuck up" than "change the game for the better."

I think the main issue I have from a quality of life standpoint is the way the cursor on the fast-travel map in the monastery works. I'm sure there's a reason why pressing up to go from the reception hall to the cathedral instead sends you left to the dining hall, but I don't think that any reason is good enough to justify why pressing up doesn't make you go up.

14 hours ago, Etheus said:

Allow the player to pick seminar attendees.

You can choose them when setting their goals. Just have the ones you want to attend have one goal set to one of the seminar and make everyone else to have different goals.

29 minutes ago, paladin21 said:

You can choose them when setting their goals. Just have the ones you want to attend have one goal set to one of the seminar and make everyone else to have different goals.

Not good or convenient enough for a multitude of reasons.

Aside from being highly inconvenient and not allowing the user to change attendees on the same day as the seminar, it's also random. If you have a bench warmer with one of the seminar topics as a goal, they may take a seminar slot, and there is no way to prioritize students that you're actually using.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Aside from being highly inconvenient and not allowing the user to change attendees on the same day as the seminar, it's also random. If you have a bench warmer with one of the seminar topics as a goal, they may take a seminar slot, and there is no way to prioritize students that you're actually using.

I agree that it's not convenient, but just change that student you don't want out of the goals of the seminar?

Anyways I'd say seminars are pretty much worthless, they're based on the difference between student's skills and teacher's skills, so they stop being relevant at like chapter 3. Even more, the only seminar with an accettable combination is Seteth's, the others are pretty much useless (Bow and Reason, really?).

They can be relevant again in the timeskip when you can have people with A+ or even S teach, but by that point you have so many activity points that just exploring is better.

28 minutes ago, timon said:

I agree that it's not convenient, but just change that student you don't want out of the goals of the seminar?

Anyways I'd say seminars are pretty much worthless, they're based on the difference between student's skills and teacher's skills, so they stop being relevant at like chapter 3. Even more, the only seminar with an accettable combination is Seteth's, the others are pretty much useless (Bow and Reason, really?).

They can be relevant again in the timeskip when you can have people with A+ or even S teach, but by that point you have so many activity points that just exploring is better.

I agree. But that is also a pity. For those looking for a faster or more traditional experience without side grinding, seminars would have been the way to go. But they just aren't viable.

1. Free Mode, AKA chapter select AKA replay any Chapter or paralogue with any sets of characters, like in Warriors games.

2. More NG+ options, like get relic weapons by spending renown, "unlock" route locked chars to use in any route, option to unlock classes to use without getting req Lv or skiil Lv. 

3. Some QOL like remember the adjuntans positons, stat busters use from convoy, BGM select in all missions and not just free battles, more save slots.

And yeah paired ending select would be nice.

Edited by User name

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Allow us to gift straight from the menu, no reason to have it locked during exploration. It feels really bad to have to explore just to motivate enough students for your next teaching session, or to be forced to fully motivate up to 16 students every time you do explore.

As an extension of this, let us access the Southern and Eastern merchants from the calendar menu since we're allowed access to the Blacksmith and Armory already.

This is pretty much exactly what I meant by balance- or design-intent-altering decisions that will probably never be implemented through a minor patch. Nor would I want it to. These changes would erase most of the opportunity cost system IS has built as to how you spend your free days. Hopefully they do not do anything like that. 

Lots of other good suggestions here though. It seems very feasible to make the system better at remembering how your adjutants were assigned and being better at allowing you to swap things as you earn them rather than having to memorize for the next time the menu pops up. 

Edited by ApocaLips

Eh, the balance impact is that it would allow you to double up on instruction on the same unit instead of spreading it out over more units. Might allow people to optimise runs with small teams a little bit more, but it is largely a QoL improvement of not needing to run around. The number of total gifts obtainable and this given out remains the same.

A few things off the top of my head...

1. I want a way to view the victory conditions during the battle prep screen. As far as I'm aware, you cant actually view it until the chapter starts.

2. For the monetary, I want to be able to do faculty training through a menu that lists all available NPCs so I don't have to run around and talk to the same 4 people every week.

2 minutes ago, Burklight said:

1. I want a way to view the victory conditions during the battle prep screen. As far as I'm aware, you cant actually view it until the chapter starts.

2. For the monetary, I want to be able to do faculty training through a menu that lists all available NPCs so I don't have to run around and talk to the same 4 people every week.

For 1: Press the minus button when viewing the map.

I think if you press X on the menu it also appears.

6 minutes ago, Burklight said:

You can. Go view map and then press - and - again (zoom out the max basically).

For QoL, I pretty much wholly agree with @Florete, especially on buying stuff by pressing left. What the hell.

And Byleth's supports are terrible, not only you have to either wait or run around, but if you want to run around you have to wait for the cloud to appear, and it sometimes just doesn't, and I have no idea what triggers it. Also the first explore after the timeskip is actual hell, you can't move a finger without stepping into a random A support.

Edited by timon

18 minutes ago, timon said:

You can. Go view map and then press - and - again (zoom out the max basically).

For QoL, I pretty much wholly agree with @Florete, especially on buying stuff by pressing left. What the hell.

And Byleth's supports are terrible, not only you have to either wait or run around, but if you want to run around you have to wait for the cloud to appear, and it sometimes just doesn't, and I have no idea what triggers it. Also the first explore after the timeskip is actual hell, you can't move a finger without stepping into a random A support.

You can trigger byleth support appearing on the map with fast travel to any location.

9 hours ago, Etheus said:

I agree that it could be better implemented if you could manually choose who goes from the seminar menu, but you can choose the students you get to go the very same day (I've done it myself). From the activity selection menu, go to the main menu (X button) and set the students goals so that only five of them (six if you're doing Byleth's) have the right requirements set (either of the two skills they'll be taught).

I have a new one. In the main "stats" screen, I want to see a "Total Stats" number. This makes it easy for to me figure out who to train or who to give statboosters at a glance.

You can see it on the "battlefield stats" screen, but not the main one. Why it works this way I have no idea.